Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? (51860 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Best Man Accused Of Marrying Groom’s Wife Speaks / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by steppin: 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
HermajestyQ:
Just to be on the save side so that you don't have issues after marrying her, I will advice that you try to get her pregnant to be sure that she can actually conceive. Desperate situation calls for desperate measures, though am not an advocate of premarital sex but one has to be careful these days.
Getting her pregnant alone doesn't guarantee anything. She could lose the pregnancy after the wedding. If they wait till she gives birth, what's to say she won't have difficulties taking in again?
The best way is to take the lady to a hospital and see if her ailment can be treated. If she can't be treated, the guy should start looking for another woman to marry.
After all, if the situation is reversed, the lady would dump him like a pile of dirty clothes.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Jbleenk: 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
cassidy1996:
Na GOD get power, even some women wey dem period they rush like tap are still barren

Some people are quick to attribute everything to God even when there's are enough scientific evidence that explains solutions to problems. Though God is beyond every problem leanr to be objective first.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by dipznano: 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
my GF is O am also O would there be any problem if we marry later??
yes!!
O x O = O'risirisi grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Jbleenk: 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
dipznano:

yes!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by rallymento(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
The mere thought that women Menstruate makes me sick... It affected my relationships in the past..... it irritates me.... Once you tell me about it, I logoff completely from you....

I am not sure how I will cope with my wife to be.... I need help......
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Quinn22(f): 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
I don't know why the Op should be worried when his gf already explained to him that the family doctor has everything under control, that his gf won't have a problem getting pregnant, unless he's planning to leave her.

I smell distrust undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Funkybabee(f): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
if you truly love her,marry her with her cross(problem) if u can't

gerrout of here jare

u don't wanna face problem when married everything for u is to just go smoothly abi in this world who don't have is own cross

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by joseo: 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
Go ahead for the marriage, I have an aunt who happen to have undergone the same challenge and now has three kids without any complication what so ever.....well we can only say it is the Lords doing and it's marvelous in our sight.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Moborlarh(f): 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
This is very common and can be treated or managed

Go see a gynecologist,
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by babapressy(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
It's for better for worse
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Wireproductivit(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bro please read about endometriosis on google and ask her about the symptoms....
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Taku555(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
dingbang:
Guy... Don't let love blind your eyes...
this must be a bad guy ever!
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Taku555(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Infertility lipsrsealed My guy you want to end your generation abi? undecided
bad guys everywhere

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nweike1: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
no fear, she most likely is not ovulating regularly, most likely as a result of something called polycystic ovary syndrome. Its treatable with drugs for ovulation induction. However, if she is obese, ask her to lose weight

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nnemuka(f): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
suffered same when i was a teenager, visited a gynecologist who prescribed drugs for me.
i am fine now, so pls see a doctor.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
BSoul1001:

Glad you did
thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by KennyID17(m): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
MhizTenderly:
I've not seen this type before.

Na imported cheesy grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
KennyID17:

Na imported cheesy grin grin grin
Lmao
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
dipznano:

yes!!

lolz ur not serious
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by jclassiq(m): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
dingbang:

what's your point?

so he is supposed to abandon her because of a mere medical condition? who are you pls? is that how love works? are you without flaws? oh you mean you don't deserve love cos you are imperfect? nawao

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by mrsfavour(f): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Bumbae1:

Its either hormonal imbalance or if she on birth control it happens

But don't get me wrong also can be a sign that she may struggle to get pregnant as not releasing enough eggs or healthy eggs

So you can't say really till you actually seek real professional help .. go to fertility clinic they will tell you straight up .

yeah, its true. my sis has 6kids now,because she is on birth control,her own comes few times in a year. ur correct.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Graxie(f): 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
I was like that before, during my university days my friends uses my pad cos I do menstruate once per session. Tried telling some of my friends during Nysc but got terrible opinion and suggestions but my Bf then who happens to be my hubby now knew. He use to make fun of me once am on, he will be like " e don show" fast forward till after marriage, we have 3 kids and I have problem calculating ovulation.. Am so fertile , the age diff btw my first and second is one. Now my menses is monthly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by OCTAVO: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
BossAndaz:
Hello friends,
Please i have been dating this lady for quite sometime now and I really do like her but each time I think of getting married to her I get worried about a certain condition she has.
I observed that she hardly talks about her period and when I asked her about it she opened up and told me that she doesn't have a regular flow. She sees her period like at most three times a year or so.
She said her family doctor has told her not to worry that when she is set for marriage they is something they will do so that she wouldn't have issues with getting pregnant.

This has been so worrisome and I don't want to find myself in a situation whereby we will be unable to have kids on the long run.

Please does anyone know about this sort of situation?
Some people see their period regularly and can't bear children for years my brother.
I know someone with same predicament of irregular menstruation that gave birth exactly 9 months after her wedding. She has a second child now. Mysterious things do happen my brother. Just believe in GOD.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by linearity: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
prettyesther20:
So u haven't heard of gymnasts, who hardly menstruate cause of vigorous exercise get pregnant?

The operative word you used is 'hardly menstruate', which means they do. The scenario I outlined above is the case of ovulating, not getting pregnant, but not having menstruation...which is not possible.

Don't get me wrong, since menstruation only occurs, if an egg is not fertilized after ovulation. And, we also know that, there are some ladies who have irregular ovulation or as the OP indicated 2/3 times a year. There is a slight percentage possibility for ladies in this category (if they are in active relationships) to get pregnant the first time, they ovulate and they will not see any mens..the situation is sum up like this:

1. E.g. you see you ovulate irregularly or once in 6 months, therefore for the first five months, you do not menstruation, no egg was expected and the uterian wall were not prepared to receive anything, therefore no menstruation for those five months.

2. At the begin of the 6th month(or through some randomness of time), her ovulation occurred, she eat the forbidden fruit during that time and the egg gets fertilized (meaning no menstruation) unbeknownst to her, again she will not see her menstruation during this 6th month, but few weeks after, they started noticing some changes and a test gave them the surprise news.

Athletes can fall into the above category, but that still does not invalidate my prior comments. There are lots of drugs one can take out there to even delay the process and a lot of Athletes and models take these drugs.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Agili: 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
My friends wife told him same prior to marriage. She used to have her period once a year.

"blinded by love", he still went ahead to marry her claiming children are secondary.

Today, after more than 7 years if marriage, they have 2 kids, seperate births and she just misscarried another.

They went to see a gynae and sorted out stuff. After having each child, her period still
Continued the delay, say 3 times a year.

She recently did this keto dieting for 3 month since january and told me that her flow is now regular.

Dont know all but this situation can be
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
BSoul1001:

This is something that is common and is not the end all. There are ways to get things under control, and ease your mind. She may have PCOS which is called "polycystic ovarian syndrome". It's something that I'm dealing with in my life. Your lady issues sound familiar. It's a hormonal imbalance that is all. Which cause the ovaries to be slightly larger than normal. Have her go to a gynecologist that can help her understand her body. We may not know why God give us the battles that we face but go along her, support her. She will be fine. A family is still in you guys future as it is for me one day. Also, if this is the case the prescription "metformin" really helps dealing with hormonal imbalances. It will help with allowing normal menstrual cycles, and being to conceive normally. I hope I helped in any way.
GOD BLESS
never ever in your life go about prescribing drugs for people whose condition you know nothing about, because what may be affecting you may not be affecting her, are you a doctor? dont kill someone with your advice o, and by the way, metformin is an anti diabetic drug not for hormonal imbalance. That is how a lot of patients end up in the hospital for using a drug prescribed for someone else. Op pls follow her to a gynaecologist to find out what the issue is, it may cost some money but it is better than jumping into a marriage in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by mizeniola(f): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
dingbang:
.....wicked.......
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by dingbang(m): 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
mizeniola:
.....wicked.......
what? Aren't u one of those people who say girls shouldn't marry one minute men or impotent men or short dicked guys? Please. When it comes to d ladies, y'all expect pity..
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by placeofallure(f): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Temidayo9:

Op, do you ever observe if she has water in her brest whenever you suck her? If yes try chat me up. Every condition is treatable

What are you? Some Doctor or Gynaecologist?
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by placeofallure(f): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
the2:
Op, what ur gf has is called PCOS(polycystic ovarian syndrome). Now ladies with dis condition tend to have irregular menstruation , most of have an average of 3-5 menstruation per year. It is not a scary condition . When she is about to get pregnant doctors give one drug called clomiphene citrate to enhance follicular recruitment and they are able to get pregnant. For the irregular menses , COCs is given for regular flow, and it is preferred that she menstruates at least once in 3 months to prevent endometrial hyperplasia. I will advise you to see a gynecologist , let him/her explain more about the condition . Buh pple with PCOS usually get pregnant except their are other comobities.

My bossom friend has this condition, the menses were irregular initially like twice a year but I think they stopped altogether for some time now. She was attending gynae clinic and done all kinds of tests but she got tired when nothing changed and stopped attending clinic, any advice for her?
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Temidayo9(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
placeofallure:

What are you? Some Doctor or Gynaecologist?
I was in OP shoe some years back, but with God i was able to treat my wife , galactorrhea do cause nipple discharge and stop menstruation to be irregular or stop permanently.. with low libido and painful sex
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Moborlarh(f): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" / Couple Swear Blood Covenant In Order To Remain Loyal. Photos/Video / "I Love You" To A Girl - A Broke Dude Vs A Rich Dude (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.