Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi (16518 Views)

Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant / Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by kasheemawo(m): 6:29am On Apr 20, 2017
By Chidi Nkwopara OWERRI—
Loyalists of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said they would decamp en masse to another political platform, if Senator Ali Modu Sheriff wins the legal contest at the Supreme Court. Former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives and a strong ally of Makarfi, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, disclosed this, yesterday, while addressing party stakeholders at Obiri Ehinkirinki Hall, Okpala in Ngor Okpala local council area of Imo State. “Let me tell you in clear terms that if Ali Modu Sheriff wins the legal battle at the Supreme Court, there is a ready political platform waiting for us. We will decamp en masse to the party and abandon PDP for Sheriff,” Ihedioha said. While telling party loyalists that “Sheriff was brought into PDP to destroy the party,” Ihedioha also alleged that “Sheriff has a hidden agenda and we will not allow him to actualize it in PDP.” According to Ihedioha, “there will be a PDP stakeholders meeting, comprising all former governors, serving and former lawmakers at the national and state levels, in Owerri on Sunday.” Modu Sheriff While saying that ward chairmen, secretaries, women and youth leaders were expected at the meeting, the former Deputy Speaker equally disclosed that they would chart the way forward for the party. “It is our desire to return power to the masses, in line with the PDP slogan of power belongs to the people,” Ihedioha said. Explaining the reason for his visit to the area, Ihedioha said it was a fence mending mission. “I am here for reconciliation. I have forgiven those that offended me and I expect those that I inadvertently offended to forgive and forget,” Ihedioha said. Speaking on behalf of the party loyalists, Ngor Okpala Local Government Area, party Chairman, Mr. Morrison Njoku, commended Ihedioha for the trip and described him as “a true leader.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/well-abandon-pdp-sheriff/

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Danosky502: 6:33am On Apr 20, 2017
space booked,I'll b back to comment later but for new,am off to mama Ada's joint to buy akara
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by menstrualpad: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2017
sad
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by doctimonyeka(m): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2017
This old cargoes should just retire.... They are just embarassing themselves..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by 989900: 6:43am On Apr 20, 2017
Me when I hear of PDP's problems.

7 Likes

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TheFreeOne: 6:58am On Apr 20, 2017
All hail Sheriff the undertaker cheesy

Buhari's inlaw complementing what Buboo is doing with his biased anticorruption fight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by UAE123(m): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2017
Those loyal to Ahmed Makarfi led PDP should not waste their precious resources at the supreme Court but should form their own party & allow Nigerian & Nigeria to be in peace.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by omenkaLives(m): 7:14am On Apr 20, 2017
They want Sheriff to preside over the final burial rites of the Nest of Killers. Issokay.

Oya, Sheriff, you got the memo, come and be going. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TheWebGeek11: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2017
Like sby here cares
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by koboko69: 7:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Lol. Clowns keep pointing at Sherif as being used to destroy the party where as Markafi is the main suspect, in fact the main culprit.
Sheriff was brought by Wike and Fayose....the inseparable gay touts friends. After they fell apart they tried to push him out unfortunately the supreme court felt otherwise.
I remember Sherif actuall agreed to a new convention where both he and Makarfi will not contest. But Markafi thinking he was gonna win at the appeal court rejected it. Now the outcome of the judgement is the nemesis of the foolishness of Wike,Fayose, Markarfi and his gang. This has emboldened Sheriff the more.
Sheriff have accepted peace moves but the Markafi people are always looking for short cut. Very inexperienced dumb politicians. What do I expect with Wike and Fayose there anyways?

The bitter truth is that Sheriff remains the authentic chairman of the authentic PDP

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by eyeview: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2017
Has anybody noticed that APC supporters and Sheriff supporters are one and the same people.
Check their comments,starting from the ones up.
It's disheartening that PDP allowed the formation and growth of APC but APC on assumption of power is using moles to destroy the party that let them be. Very satanic mode of operation.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Flyingngel(m): 8:06am On Apr 20, 2017
PDP shld not die oooo. Atleast we need a near strong opposition party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:10am On Apr 20, 2017
It is well with PDP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2017
koboko69:
Lol. Clowns keep pointing at Sherif as being used to destroy the party where as Markafi is the main suspect, in fact the main culprit.
Sheriff was brought by Wike and Fayose....the inseparable gay touts friends. After they fell apart they tried to push him out unfortunately the supreme court felt otherwise.
I remember Sherif actuall agreed to a new convention where both he and Makarfi will not contest. But Markafi thinking he was gonna win at the supreme court rejected it. Now the outcome of the judgement is the nemesis of the foolishness of Wike,Fayose, Markarfi and his gang. This has emboldened Sheriff the more.
Sheriff have accepted several peace moves but the Markafi people are always looking for short cut. Very inexperienced dumb politicians. What do I expect with Wike and Fayose there anyways?

The bitter truth is that Sheriff remains the authentic chairman of the authentic PDP
Can you stop speaking from position of ignorance?

Which peace move did Sheriff agree on? It is an established fact that Sheriff turned his back against ALL peace moves at the dead hour. Sheriff though recognize as Chairman by the Appeal Court, is operating an illegal NWC with strange people instead of those of pre May 21,2016.

The Supreme Court is yet to hear on the matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TheFreeOne: 8:18am On Apr 20, 2017
Flyingngel:
PDP shld not die oooo. Atleast we need a near strong opposition party.

APC will want it otherwise so that their impunity can continue unchecked under a one party state.

Any wonder why Buboo was in a hurry to congratulate Turkish president Erdogan who's got sweeping powers via referendum to even sack the legislative arm of government? wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by koboko69: 8:25am On Apr 20, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Can you stop speaking from position of ignorance?

Which peace move did Sheriff agree on? It is an established fact that Sheriff turned his back against ALL peace moves at the dead hour. Sheriff though recognize as Chairman by the Appeal Court, is operating an illegal NWC with strange people instead of those of pre May 21,2016.

The Supreme Court is yet to hear on the matter.
You are a liar and a delibrate twister of factsand narratives. To say Sheriff turned back on all peace moves is a lie from the pit of hell. Yes i made a mistake with supreme Court i meant appeal court...which i am going to edit back; but hat doesn't still change what i said.

Markafi keeps fooling himself and living in delusion of a phantom victory in the court.

Did u say Sherif never agreed to any peace move

http://sundiatapost.com/2017/03/20/pdp-crisis-i-wont-contest-chairmanship-election-sheriff/
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/new-twist-in-pdp-s-long-walk-to-peace/190743.html

2 Likes

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2017
I don't understand this chairmanship tussle, is he supposed to be their chairman for life?
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Jabioro: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2017
PDP is gone for good..

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by koboko69: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
I don't understand this chairmanship tussle, is he supposed to be their chairman for life?

He remains the authentic chairman as vilidated by 2 courts until another convention is held grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2017
koboko69:

He remains the authentic chairman as vilidated by 2 courts until another convention is held grin
They should hold a convention already
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by veekid(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2017
Na una sabi

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by leksmedia: 9:41am On Apr 20, 2017
Again

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by aminu790(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2017
TheWebGeek11:
Like sby here cares
grin
TheWebGeek11:
Like sby here cares

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by hmuhammad(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2017
I stand with Sherrif

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by jbcul4ril(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2017
Given up so soon? I thought you guys are ready to go all the way

People Deceive People grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by MrBLING(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2017
Ok. He hear

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2017
If that happens apc will have no formidable opposition come 2019 this sheriff guy is doing a great job for his handlers
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2017
i thought that would have been the logical step, PDP will ot have a strong figure to contest as long as Sherif is there, they will keep going to court and keep having squabbles, its time to abandon PDP as its outlived its usefulness and form a new party.
I just feel they are afraid of leaving, there is actually nothing to fear bur fear itself, essentially PDP has been weaked by 2 factors, the loss of the election and the Intra party squabbles.
Leaving the party will also have a psychological advantage to us Nigerians, who are brooding over the thoughts of having this confused government in power for another 4 years an for the new members who will feel renewed.
My two cents are that Markafi and the old PDP should take a back seat and they should get new but renowned people to take over
Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 20, 2017
please abandon...

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by obajoey(m): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2017
anything dem like make dem do.. PDP is in the grave.

1 Like

Re: ‘we’ll Abandon PDP For Sheriff If"....ahmed Makarfi by TheFreeOne: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
It is well with PDP

It doesn't seem so presently.

Maybe it's time Gej move on and build on his foundation / international recognition if the warring parties aren't ready to sheath their swords. At least he has attained the height of his political career.

But I hope a new viable party will be ready to act as needed opposition to this joke of a government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is Some Level Of Inefficiency In INEC - President Buhari [Video] / ADHOC Staff Refuses To Work If Money Is Not Paid At Layeni, Lagos State. Photos / Why Buhari Does Not Write Letters – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.