Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Fuel Smell - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Smell (787 Views)

Car Hacks From Lemon, Clothespin, Toothpaste...to Fix Smell, Crash And More / Ford Wants To Remove "New Car Smell" In China Because They Hate It / My Car Vent Is Bringing Out Toxic Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Smell by Marpol: 8:35am On Apr 20, 2017
Was in a public transport recently and the driver bought fuel from Mobil and the smell of the petrol was like rotten eggs. It was very bad. Last night I bought fuel too for my gen and it was smelling like rotten eggs.

I hope this is not bad for cars?
Re: Fuel Smell by kingreign(m): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2017
Marpol:
Was in a public transport recently and the driver bought fuel from Mobil and the smell of the petrol was like rotten eggs. It was very bad. Last night I bought fuel too for my gen and it was smelling like rotten eggs.

I hope this is not bad for cars?
Have saboteurs started adding ammonia to petrol?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Smell by nurey(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2017
Probably hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S) has mixed with the petrol reason for the rotten egg smell. Probably the H2S gas in the mixture is too much

1 Like

Re: Fuel Smell by sultaan(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
Low quality Arabian oil with high sulphur content imported into the country

(1) (Reply)

Microchip Company (INTEL) To Build Self Driving Car / Get Affordable Protection From Vehicle Theft / Noise Mate Alarm Clock Speaker Full 2k17 News !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.