Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Why Black People Believe In God More Than - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Black People Believe In God More Than (755 Views)

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon / South African Church Bars Black People From Attending Its Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2017
Someone asked a question one time about why Black people believe in God so much, it’s simple, because God represents “hope”.  Hope that things can be better than they are today, hope that things will get better in the future, hope that maybe not in this life, but in the next life things will get better.  Black people also hold onto God because for a long time in this country, it was the only thing we were allowed to own.  We couldn’t control our fate in this country, so God and “hope” was all we had to get us through, one day things would get better, if not in this life, then the next.

It doesn’t surprise me that Steve Jobs wasn’t a Christian, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are agnostic, or Tom Cruise is a member of the Church of Scientology, but when I found out that Will and Jada were contemplating joining the Church of Scientology… My first response was, “Wait a minute, Jesus!”  Is it now that Jay-Z is raking in billions that now he feels comfortable lacing a track with the lines,“Jesus can’t save you, life starts when the church ends”?  I’m not here to debate about whether Jay-Z meant that line for how it was interpreted by the majority, but at what point in history did we get so colloquial with our relationship with God?

The numbers don’t lie, they suggest that the more money and education we obtain, the more our relationship with God suffers.  I attest this to two things, the more educated you are the more your sense of logic becomes more structured and developed.  You use logic to explain everything, and while you can’t prove there is no God, you can’t prove there is one either.  As it pertains to money, when the ends start to meet in a way that things could not possibly get any better, you lose sight of that need for “hope.” 

When you think about Christianity and all of its symbols, everlasting life wouldn’t have done it alone without the villain.  People aren’t as scared to die as they are afraid of spending their lives in hell.  But for some when they think about how heaven is described in the Church, I’m sure that Jay-Z might sit around thinking, “Maybe that’s not really what I want to do when I die.”  Many of them are willing to spend almost all of their resources trying to remain, Forever Young.

I think there are a few things worth examining a bit more here too; because this isn’t a new phenomenon, but you may have to do a little thinking to connect the dots.  And by that, I mean just that connecting the dots.  Many of the people in our history books regarded as the wisest men in all of the land; astrologers, philosophers, World leaders, and even inventors have all been traced back to the Church of Scientology, Free Masonery or the“Illuminati.”  This isn’t a new phenomenon.  It seems that the wealthy or the leaders of society have always questioned their relationship with a higher power and if one really exists.  Is there something that comes with knowledge that can only be obtained once you reach a certain level of wealth and status?

When your life doesn’t suck and it seems like everything is going to be great going forward, I’m pretty sure you start to wonder about the “religion” thing and how it all fits in with all you’ve accomplished.  For myself, I tend to ask most people who claim to be Christians some very key questions all the time:

Do you accept Christ as your savior because through him you have everlasting life, or do you really believe that to live like Christ is the right way?If we were to remove everlasting life from the picture would you still be a Christian?If all your prayers were answered, what would you talk to God about?If it turned out that there was no God and no eternal life, would you regret the way you lived your life?

I get very interesting answers to those questions when I get honest answers to those questions.  I think it wasn’t until I answered those questions honestly, that I found out what I really believed in.

Going back to my original point, I think there are reasons why we need God.  But do the wealthy have those same reasons?  They can’t take anything with them, so do they spend their time thinking about the afterlife, or thinking about how to stay in this life?  If you are wealthy now, do you want to have a hard reset on everything and go back to being a mere equal to the general population?  What about all that you have spent your life earning?  Or did all these people sell their souls for the money?  Should we not take time to critically think about the phenomenon?  To extremely wealthy, does the concept of a God even make sense?  I don’t have the answers to this questions, I still cash my paycheck and pay bills on Saturday morning.  Perhaps, we needed a Steve Jobs app so he could talk to us now and tell everybody the answers.  And maybe it’s supposed to be like this, it’s truly the unknown.

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by hopefulLandlord: 10:21am On Apr 20, 2017
The bible is all lies. Its a fantasy created for control, to impoverish the masses and keep them humble. No longer are chains and whips required, we can control people thru a promise in a book . The government loves evangelistic preaching . It subdues masses, keeps them paying taxes, makes them docile, humble meek low self esteem folks just waiting till death for some promises they will never get. Provisions, prayer requests, blessings for behavior, recompence for offerings and tithes, fruitful accomplished life , all this and more ....you gotta believe !! Faith and the promise of hope.... I hope none of you actually believed it and wasted your life doing as the bible says! That would be a waste of life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by ifenes(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Amazing
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
The bible is all lies. Its a fantasy created for control, to impoverish the masses and keep them humble. No longer are chains and whips required, we can control people thru a promise in a book . The government loves evangelistic preaching . It subdues masses, keeps them paying taxes, makes them docile, humble meek low self esteem folks just waiting till death for some promises they will never get. Provisions, prayer requests, blessings for behavior, recompence for offerings and tithes, fruitful accomplished life , all this and more ....you gotta believe !! Faith and the promise of hope.... I hope none of you actually believed it and wasted your life doing as the bible says! That would be a waste of life

When your mind is dark it sees nothing.

Like a foolish man in a very dark room

Bring in the light, he wouldn't.

You need to be born again, or else you will not be able to see what the father God Almighty is doing by CHRIST JESUS.

Oh light shine on these souls

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by hopefulLandlord: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
lightblazingnow:

When your mind is dark it sees nothing.

Like a foolish man in a very dark room

Bring in the light, he wouldn't.

You need to be born again, or else you will not be able to see what the father God Almighty is doing by CHRIST JESUS.

Oh light shine on these souls

you're so deeply indoctrinated and brainwashed that you can't see this post of yours hardly makes any sense to a doubter

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by TeflonBlixx: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Religion is the opium of the masses Africans

2 Likes

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Faith
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you're so deeply indoctrinated and brainwashed that you can't see this post of yours hardly makes any sense to a doubter

Darkness calling light dark how about that,

When you don't know what is real you are finished
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
ifenes:
Hello dear,

although I believe in the views expressed in that quote, the quote is a fake one, an hoax. Other versions of the same quote exist concerning india, china, and other countries. It's all fake.

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/10055/what-is-the-truth-behind-this-speech-by-lord-macaulay/10060

http://historydetox.com/the-macaulay-fraud/

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
Shining
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by bolinjkezzy(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Am starting to not believe in religion anymore cos I believe prayer doesn't work

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Wake up
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 12:46am On Apr 21, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
Am starting to not believe in religion anymore cos I believe prayer doesn't work

Watch out for the doubt growing inside your heart​

Once it gets out hand you will be irredeemable
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by PhuckJesus666: 12:59am On Apr 21, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Don't listen to the fearmongers my friend. People like you are the future. Religion is a prison and free thinking and determination forge it's key.
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by hopefulLandlord: 8:25am On Apr 21, 2017
LoJ:

Hello dear,

although I believe in the views expressed in that quote, the quote is a fake one, an hoax. Other versions of the same quote exist concerning india, china, and other countries. It's all fake.

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/10055/what-is-the-truth-behind-this-speech-by-lord-macaulay/10060

wow
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by ifenes(m): 11:36am On Apr 21, 2017
LoJ:

Hello dear,

Thanks bro.... You are rightl
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Vision
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
Wake up
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 4:53am On Aug 13, 2017
Sure
Re: Why Black People Believe In God More Than by lightblazingnow(m): 6:31am On Dec 01, 2018
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

I Am God’s Special Adviser, The World Will End In ….. – Prophet Reveals / Even The Atheist Have Faith! II. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.