Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (103656 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
My deductions...Nairobi has more Malls than the whole of Nigeria. I kid you not!

At a point, you'd think this is India because there are a lot of Indians, for the fact that they have "BANK OF INDIA" here should tell you a lot.

The best night clubs are the ones where Nigerian songs dominate.

Every Nigerian is often seen as a rich man or woman.

That last part is not really objective. Try and not be over excited coz nairobi has this effect on nigerians. Haha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

That last part is not really objective. Try and not be over excited coz nairobi has this effect on nigerians. Haha
Yes I know.
The percentage is above 60.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 23, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Exactly! They just can't handle an honest smile! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Yes I know.
The percentage is above 60.

Above 60% is a strong statement. Thats more than a glass half full. But i cant say if it were true i'd be suprised.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by sHOTdownHawk: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
Muafrika2:

Exactly! They just can't handle an honest smile! grin

You might be on to smt here. Watch out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by streetwise2015: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
@sHOTdownHawk What is Biometric? Do u mean BVN? Please Clarify me?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by streetwise2015: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2017

your national ID and Passport,(biometric a must). And a returning ticket to your home country (especially if nigerian, returm ticket to nigeria is a must, no transit through nairobi)[/quote]
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
streetwise2015:

your national ID and Passport,(biometric a must). And a returning ticket to your home country (especially if nigerian, returm ticket to nigeria is a must, no transit through nairobi)
Biometric is at the point of entry
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by streetwise2015: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
@Bedlam Thanks for the response...But i dont have a National Id Card ? Is that a Problem? Cos the Process is long to get the card itself

BedLam:
Biometric is at the point of entry

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
streetwise2015:
@Bedlam Thanks for the response...But i dont have a National Id Card ? Is that a Problem? Cos the Process is long to get the card itself

You honestly don't need a card. I don't Have a card.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by streetwise2015: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks...How did you book your ticket via Rwanda Air?

BedLam:
You honestly don't need a card. I don't Have a card.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by streetwise2015: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
@Bedlam Thanks...How did you book your ticket via Rwanda Air?

streetwise2015:
Thanks...How did you book your ticket via Rwanda Air?

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by claremont(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lovely thread OP. I have visited Kenya a few times and loved every minute of my time there. Infact, I consider myself more Kenyan than Nigerian because I not only lived there on and off for a couple of months, but I also dated a cute little Kenyan lady at some point. I spent most of my time in Kenya up North in the rural suburbs like Nanyuki and Isiolo due to the nature of my job then, I really enjoyed living in the remote towns. Kenya is an amazing country where things actually work as the should, it will take Nigeria a good few years to get to the point Kenya is at the moment. The respect they have for their wildlife alone is something Nigerians should emulate. You need to try their food i.e. Ugali + vegetables + barbecue meat/fish. This thread fills me with nostalgic memories. grin

75 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by LOSKYXANDER: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
claremont:
Lovely thread OP. I have visited Kenya a few times and loved every minute of my time there. Infact, I consider myself more Kenyan than Nigerian because I not only lived there on and off for a couple of months, but I also dated a cute little Kenyan lady at some point. I spent most of my time in Kenya up North in the rural suburbs like Nanyuki and Isiolo due to the nature of my job then, I really enjoyed living in the remote towns. Kenya is an amazing country where things actually work as the should, it will take Nigeria a good few years to get to the point Kenya is at the moment. The respect they have for their wildlife alone is something Nigerians should emulate. You need to try their food i.e. Ugali + vegetables + barbecue meat/fish. This thread fills me with nostalgic memories. grin
What kind of job? Would you mind to share?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
claremont:
You are right! Some sort of decency you can't see in Nigeria. Imagine a Safari park in the middle of the City!
That's why their tourism is booming. Nairobi Airport is more than 3 times bigger than MMIA. So much life is here.

22 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by austino677(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
You are right! Some sort of decency you can't see in Nigeria. Imagine a Safari park in the middle of the City!
That's why their tourism is booming. Nairobi Airport is more than 3 times bigger than MMIA. So much life is here.
how do u see Nairobi weather colder than lagos? Or same
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
I like your moniker BedLam , coz I love raising it alot.
Anyways, am one of those people i life you always want to do things proper proper. Like taking photos my broda. Please, your photos are not doing much justice to the city. Is it a phone camera. Which phone? I suggest you load Retrica app onto your phone and also try and take more photos .
I have alot of questions to ask you my man. The first one: How have you adjusted your stomach to kenyan food. Am a serious foodie and i have been to several parts of africa andi can assure you west african food is veeery different from East african food which is very far from north african and southern african food. Well, i have lived in southern africa, the difference in our foods is minimal.
Lets go.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
MtuMsuper:

I like your monikerBedLam , coz iblove raising it alot.
Anyways, am one of those people i life you always want to do things proper proper. Like taking photos my broda. Please, your photos are not doing much justice to the city. Is it a phone camera. Which phone? I suggest you load Retrica app onto your phobe and also try and take more photos .
I have alot of questions to ask you my man. The first one: How have you adjusted your stomach to kenyan food. Am a serious foodie and i have been to several parts of africa andi can assure you west african food is veeery different from East african food which is very far from north african and southern african food. Well, i have lived in southern africa, the difference in our foods is minimal.
Lets go.
The pictures from my digital camera aren't loading in Nairaland. They are about 3.5 MB. I have loads of picture to upload tonight. Just watch the space. lol tomorrow is National Geographic. grin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Afobear: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
how can you guys enjoy this thread without informing cc gallivant the original pioneer of promoting kenya and her tourism ?

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
austino677:
how do u see Nairobi weather colder than lagos? Or same
Very cold, you need a jacket man. Lol
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
The pictures from my digital camera aren't loading in Nairaland. They are about 3.5 MB. I have loads of picture to upload tonight. Just watch the space. lol tomorrow is National Geographic. grin
Download and change the format to a more friendly MB format. Do you know how to do this? 3.5.MB can easily be taken down to mere KBs
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
Very cold, you need a jacket man. Lol
coastal city vs highland city. Very different. Nairobi is closest in weather to Addis and Harare
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Please if you ever visit Nairobi, don't forget to visit CARNIVORE! This is by far the best restaurant in Kenya! I have been to places and I haven't seen anything like this!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
You won't make heaven if you don't visit this place while in Nairobi! I KID YOU NOT!

This is Beef! you get a Buffet and eat and eat until you are dead or you surrender!

24 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
On these plates, I have Crocodile meat, Ostrich Meatball cheesy , Rabbit, chicken, Pork Ribs, Beef,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
See!

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Their Cutlery is out of this world! shocked

The other pic is of a drink called "DAWA", it means medicine!

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Their Grill is like hell fire! I will upload pic of them!
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Here I am standing on the Ivory Ashes, Nairobi Park.

And crocs!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
The Black plate you see is a hot plate that's suppose to keep the meat hot, once it gets cold they take it away with the food and you start afresh ! grin

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Hbuyosh(m): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
BedLam:
My deductions...Nairobi has more Malls than the whole of Nigeria. I kid you not!

At a point, you'd think this is India because there are a lot of Indians, for the fact that they have "BANK OF INDIA" here should tell you a lot.

The best night clubs are the ones where Nigerian songs dominate.

Every Nigerian is often seen as a rich man or woman.

Hahahaha! Dude......are u for real?

Kenyans generally are welcoming and respectful to foreigners. Dont read too much into their behavior around u.

Anyway, Karibu Kenya.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by BedLam: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is the grill.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Elon Musk Hotel In Mars Just $5m Per Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.