Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

My Trip To Kenya In Pictures - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (103577 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Federal College Of Wildlife Management, Niger State / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 5:09pm On May 02, 2017
Kisumu

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2017
Kisumu city

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 5:16pm On May 02, 2017
Am planning to visit Nigeria.. Where can you guys recommend?
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 02, 2017
seuncyrus:

Honestly bro its a pity , my friend got posted to calabar and the first thing I told him is to let me know when he gets to Tinapa, the shocking news I got is that tinapa is a complete shadow of itself, asin completely dead ...millions of dollars gone down the drain...how about obudu, when was the last time you saw any kind of promotion like they did before on NTA?

have u ever heard anything about ikogosi warm spring of recent ? or who will dare go to yankari in this book haram era

The truth is pidgin2, I understand you perfectly ...I love my country too and I hate it when anyone talks bad about my country in anyway but patriotism aside the truth needs to be told at times so the government can sit up. We have so many tourist attractions and great places in Nigeria but tourism is dead here .

I was actually thinking of Dubai or Europe this year but bedlam as just convinced me Kenya it is . I'm gonna save money too cheesy

PS: the Pic below is Farinruwa in Nasarawa state the second highest water fall in africa....No government promotion nothing ...this place alone could generate millions for the dying state of nasarawa

Wow what a lovely water fall there, Nigeria is indeed greatly blessed, you can contribute your own quota by opening a thread about this place, I've never heard of it before and I might take a trip down there if I know more about the place, thanks
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2017
For those who love Nature

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 02, 2017
abbeyty:

That is cuz of backward thinker like yourself, leave that village and see the world more. You think you are the only one that loves Nigeria

It's because of people like you with inferiority complex that's why they will throw bananas at a black man playing their soccer because of people like you who lack self worth, can you call a white person a monkey? Never, because he doesn't have your black color

What is bad about living in a village? Your ancestors who were by far better than you lived in villages, is it negative to live where one can be close to nature, infact, I will surely relocate back to a village one day but until then I will always be better than you, I have been to Europe several times but I bet you've never seen an airplane in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2017
Random Kenya

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Hbuyosh(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

Kenyans are welcoming by nature, and it is not like that everywhere.

Wait till you meet a Congolese speaking lingala. grin You know you associate some of those words with the music genre. I found it hilarious.
I know it's aint like that everywhere, av always assumed that it is in those society in the west that tend to be less welcoming to foreigners, but in much of Africa, people tend to be more accommodating to visitors.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by cutieme(m): 6:01pm On May 02, 2017
abbeyty:

you guys should ignore that thing, i am assure she has not left her village since she was born that is why she still have that kind of mentality. she should be living in a jungle dragging banana with monkeys for her breakfast lunch and dinner
lol

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by abbeyty(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2017
[quote author=Pidgin2 post=56141585]

It's because of people like you with inferiority complex that's why they will throw bananas at a black man playing their soccer because of people like you who lack self worth, can you call a white person a monkey? Never, because he doesn't have your black color

What is bad about living in a village? Your ancestors who were by far better than you lived in villages, is it negative to live where one can be close to nature, infact, I will surely relocate back to a village one day but until then I will always be better than you, I have been to Europe several times but I bet you've never seen an airplane in your life. [/quote

if any white man have this kind of your mentality i will call him a monkey properly throw a banana at him as well, cuz it is only a monkey that thinks the way you are thinking right now, someone who doesn't see any problem with epileptic power supply and lack of drinkable water for both rich and poor in the country she claimed she is so love. if you are so much in love with the life style of your forefathers as you claimed why not running around your village covered with banana leafs, what are you even doing on the Internet ? you should be in the jungle dragging your favourite food with your peers. I don't give a fk if you have been to heaven 1 million times

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Bossman(m): 6:53pm On May 02, 2017
Kenya, is a major tourist destination. Especially for folks in the western world. A lot of people from here in US visit the place just for their wild life and safari. That's one of the reasons Nairobi proper looks more like any city in the Western world.

BedLam:
You are right! Some sort of decency you can't see in Nigeria. Imagine a Safari park in the middle of the City!
That's why their tourism is booming. Nairobi Airport is more than 3 times bigger than MMIA. So much life is here.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by codemaniacs: 8:03pm On May 02, 2017
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by abbeyty(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2017
codemaniacs:

I don't know why Pidgin2 is wasting time responding to you and your kind... you guys have low understanding of the world works.. during the time of African ancestors all a person needed then was food, shelter, water and clothing.. these are the same things a person still needs to survive in 2017 but Africa was invaded, millions of hectares of farmlands destroyed, African cultures/traditions of sharing, knowledge destroyed.

Then worthless paper called money was introduced to Africans, now the same Africans that used to plant their foods freely, get clean water freely, didn't care about the type, size, value of clothes or houses they had.. now create stereotypes like poor and rich, illiterate and literate e.t.c Africans once had a mentality of been above the world and weren't fascinated by material things and they were prosperous.

you have become lover of material things.. there is no rich or poor, literate or illiterate.. its just a stereotype thing to make someone feel superior to another.

Only a person with in depth thought process can figure this out without been told. You and billions of people are stuck in a mentality that prevents you from seeing the world for what it is.

If this is rubbish to you then you can go on with your self hate if you are African. just so you know trees provide camouflage for Africans..

In case you don't have in depth thought process, African ancestors worshiped the sun and elements of nature(wind, earth, water, fire, lightning/electricity).

Africa's history is so special that they had to twist it and hide it from Africans and make Africans love material and worldly things.
I hope you end up been very rich materially and have lots of worthless paper to make you feel superior and receive praises from the other billions like you oops I forgot worthless paper is going digital which means it can be anything you make it to be cool cool cool

Mister man, with this your episode you are still not making any sense nobody is worshiping material thing. All what i am saying is that Nigeria government should try and provide her citizens with basic amenities like water, good roads, at least 7 hours power supply without interruption and you and your likes saying we are asking for too much. How would you make this comment if there wasn't electricity to power your device ? oops, I forgot you have your forefathers lightning to charge your laptop with. The world is moving forward we should also try and move with the rest of the world not to be talking about our forefathers life style shiit, do you think these developed countries still live the way their forefathers lived or you think they don't have forefathers as well

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by codemaniacs: 9:03pm On May 02, 2017
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by austino677(m): 9:12pm On May 02, 2017
Jay254:
Kisumu
ure in Kenya right why don't you show us live pictures of your place(street, houses, state)... . Am done with your internet pictures used for. Promotions... U need that of nigeria? u will get more than u can give us.. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Wamjo96: 11:21pm On May 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Of course, another foreigner, I expect the next thread will be from someone promoting your own tourism sector.
Assured! I could do it myself as well. Btw East African countries atleast have 24/7 power supply even in rural areas, places not connected to the national grids are getting connected. Uganda alone produces more electricity than what's required at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 10:09am On May 03, 2017
Wamjo96:

Assured! I could do it myself as well. Btw East African countries atleast have 24/7 power supply even in rural areas, places not connected to the national grids are getting connected. Uganda alone produces more electricity than what's required at the moment.
Kale ssebo! Ssebo, why dont you open a special thread on Uganda. It could be anything, really. Just to educate people about uganda. What say you?

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by MtuMsuper: 10:13am On May 03, 2017
Jay254:
For those who love Nature
Jay254, the first pic, can you confirm if this is a mission church somewhere in Elgeyo Marakwet. I have been there b4, judging from that photo

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by isax(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2017
iyke926:
Ma'am pidgin2, I understand you are trying to be patriotic and sh!t but Lagos and Abuja ain't among the top 10 African

country[/b] to live, not even in terms of beauty.

@OP, nice job. I love those wildlife pics. [/quote]
country[b][quote author=iyke926 post=55909936]Ma'am pidgin2, I understand you are trying to be patriotic and sh!t but Lagos and Abuja ain't among the top 10 African countries to live, not even in terms of beauty.

@OP, nice job. I love those wildlife pics.

haba omoeniyan !
Lagos and Abuja countries
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 03, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Jay254, the first pic, can you confirm if this is a mission church somewhere in Elgeyo Marakwet. I have been there b4, judging from that photo

There can't be a better place to receive salvation. I'm happy for you wink

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by isax(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2017
iyke926:
Ma'am pidgin2, I understand you are trying to be patriotic and sh!t but Lagos and Abuja ain't among the top 10 African countries to live, not even in terms of beauty.

haba omoeniyan !
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Very true

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 03, 2017
Is there some pictographic evidence the OP left the country though? Just curious, I know how this often winds up grin
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2017
austino677:
ure in Kenya right why don't you show us live pictures of your place(street, houses, state)... . Am done with your internet pictures used for. Promotions... U need that of nigeria? u will get more than u can give us.. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmhkVFDCoU

I understand you, at time the trueth is so painful to swallow
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 2:04pm On May 03, 2017
NAIROBI BY DRONE

Just one minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS_wypQWDrA
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Jay254(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Donsammi(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2017
BedLam:
smh

I'av been to Ethiopia for 3years when I was a kid when my dad was posted out (Ministry of foreign affairs) expenses carried out by NIG govt .

don't feel like I haven't gone out of Nigeria before....

am still of Nigeria even things are bad Herr ..
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Fidha254(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2017
BedLam:
Most East African countries are one city country. So Nairobi is the only city in Kenya. Please if you mention Mombasa, I will tear you hot slap angry
Most East African countries EAC have total population below 50million... E.g Kenya has 45million... That means residents of Lagos alon is half the entire population of Kenya!!!! A city should have at least more than 700,000 to be a proper city, even if everyone in kenya was a dollar millionaire with best government in the world, Most County HQ still wouldn't be qualified to be called cities..... But it doesn't mean they aren't urban, infact in my hometown which is like the 10 largest town in Kenya the water services provided by govt is one of the best suffice to say in the recent decade I only rem like 4 times we had a water shortage... And in electricity, if anything happens to electricity (eg a tree falls on power line) if you call the power company they actually come within 3 hours and fix it immediately.... In terms of services from govt, its actually better that when am in the Capital.... So if you say Nigeria has many cities to imply that its more modern or better that's just Vanity.... Your 10th largest city is still bigger populationwise than Nairobi which has a population of 4 million... But Nairobi is still a major city on the continent.... But most 'Cities' in Africa including Nigerian ones cant compare with Windhoek in Namibia ... Windhoek spent even have many skyscrapers but the infrastructure their is worldclass...

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 03, 2017
isax:

haba omoeniyan !

Egbon, na gross mistake wey I make. grin Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by Rikidony(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2017
Jay254:

Very true
nice pictures bro. is there any Kenyan forum or any place I can meet other kenyans to learn more about ur country.
I will love to visit one day.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by allcomage: 9:09am On May 04, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Is there some pictographic evidence the OP left the country though? Just curious, I know how this often winds up grin

as a person living in nigeria , i envy folks living in east african cities . I wish i was dangote I will sponsor 50 n airalanders on a tour of Botswana Tanzania kenya Rwanda Namibia .I am sure when they come back they will become angrier.if relocation is easy I Will just move.
folks am sorry let me run off as I was just called to be reminded that fuel and diesel have finished, to call tanker for water and security levy. chai it is very frustrating.
Re: My Trip To Kenya In Pictures by obaaderemi: 9:27am On May 04, 2017
macjireh:

thanks for ur post.....I was actually thinking ur thought knowing fully well all d strange and dirty stories we have been hearing about kenya .....Kenyans actually look very impoverished compared to Nigerians..... d OP only went to Nairobi and started hipping praises...... someone can come to Nigeria visiting only abuja and hip so much on Nigeria whereas its not so
Do you expect kenyans to promote their problems and dirty sides the way nigerians do.Of course if I go to a place,I will ask to be taken to the nice areas.But now that I have heard so much about the Nairobi slums,I might just take a look if I visit kenya.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Aircraft Being Transported In A Trailer Truck In Port-Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.