Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) (49199 Views)

Two Teenagers Drown In Lagos Beach / Man Lures 16-Year-Old Girl From Facebook To Benin Hotel, Kidnaps And Rapes Her / Two Hookers Fight Over A Yahoo Boy In Benin Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by delishpot: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
histemple:

Thanks, I appreciate this.

You welcome
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by histemple: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
greenpasture:

Reverse image search using your phone or tablet
Use the Chrome app to do a search.
Touch the image you want to search with to open a larger version of the image.
Press and hold the image. In the box that appears, touch Search Google for this image.

I am grateful.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by histemple: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Esther001:
You can do this by using appropriate keywords depending on the image or story being researched on. For instance for this topic I just typed in "swimming pool death in nigeria" on google and clicked on the image tab. You would find this picture there with the real story.

I am grateful. Thank you.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by fr3do(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
I'm a swimming ethusiast in same Benin and have seen someone that drowned.

I feel two things can reduce these pool fatalities to almost zero, one is enforceable, the other is not.

1. Ban all forms of diving entirely
2. It should be adviced that people swimming come with friends that will look out for them, or make acquintances with people already in the pool.

May God grant their families the fortitude to bear their losses.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by fr3do(m): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Obviously, yes. But a hundred (100) 5 star hotel? C'mon!

There are no pool lifeguards in recreational pools, for privacy reasons. The only condition wherein a lifeguard would be on standby would be during a pool party.

I remember a time I stayed a week in an hotel in Lekki. Long story short, a friend who thought swimming is natural dived from the 6ft section. Luckily, I and couple of other friends were there. He had a fill of the pool before we dragged him out. Funniest part is, the hotel manager came out and asked if he should call an ambulance. Some of my friends were angry that there should have been a lifeguard on standby and kept on ranting about how they would have lost a friend. I couldn't argue much because I had always known how it works. We never had a pool party, so there was no need for a lifeguard.

The hotel in question is a very popular one in Lekki and it's a four-star hotel. This happened about four years ago.

I think the problem here is mistaking a sporting pool for a recreational pool within an hotel.

your friend dived!

Most pool deaths are caused by diving.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by dudiz4me(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
RRRRRRR IIIIIII PPPPPPP TO THE DEAD
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Life guard in a hotel swimming pool ??

I've been to almost 100 5 stars in Africa, North America and Europe, I've never seen a life guard on site

Do you know what privacy is ??

Have you seen a life guard at Eko hotel ??

A newly wed couple enjoying their private time in a hotel swimming pool and a life guard stands behind them breathing on their neck

In the three hotels where I used to go to swim there are life guards (Rita Lori and Fairview Hotels in Lagos and Bolingo hotel in Abuja) but you would not know till there is an incidence and they jump into rescue anybody drowning. These life guards go about their business (they are not even the ones pay in order to swim)

These life guards are out of the pool, relaxing (watching tv or playing snooker). Some hotels have lifeguards to prevent this sort of thing.

1 Like

Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by acada111(f): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Typo, don't mind me.

Was supposed to be RIP, Feel sorry for their parents.

Lol.....alright cheesy
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Sanchez01: 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
fr3do:

your friend dived!

Most pool deaths are caused by diving.
He did, obviously. Interestingly, I didn't see him diving because I was submerged. I only felt a great thud and when I popped back up, others who were not in the pool started pointing in my direction. He sank so fast while struggling to stay afloat.

As a response to your initial post, one cannot curb pool deaths, unfortunately. I think a better way of minimizing deaths would be to make more pool floats available in the water. It helps those who can't swim. In my recent trip to PH, I came out of my hotel room one morning, decided to use the pool like I would do. I did a couple of back and forth swims for almost 10 minutes and proceeded back to my room, only for these two guys to walk up to me, asking if the pool is deep. It was a funny moment in time because the pool is not only wide, it was so deep that its slope must have been 9ft deep.

I am forced to agree with you on the diving part though but providing more pool floats would save a whole lot.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
perhaps they were drunk, never go swimming when drunk.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Fourwinds: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Cleopatra4:
So enjoyment dey kill person. SMH.
D thing wey dey sweet rat na e dey kill am
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Esther001: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
Uwc
histemple:

I am grateful. Thank you.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Cleopatra4(f): 10:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fourwinds:
D thing wey dey sweet rat na e dey kill am
grin Chai.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by kaycyor: 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
wetin carry them go swim, when they no be papiwater
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by Crownwahley(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I've been to almost 100 5 stars in Africa, North America and Europe, I've never seen a life guard on site

A newly wed couple enjoying their private time in a hotel swimming pool and a life guard stands behind them breathing on their neck

Mr Segun Egbegbe, Shey bi na IPhone wey u stole make dem put u for prison. you don comot?
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by equityjake(m): 1:56am On Apr 21, 2017
I have been to play house several times, the pool is not even deep..... I don't understand, i think there is more to it. Who knows [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by tizzle(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

Yes!!! you should have a life guard in any PUBLIC pool... how do you expect privacy in a public pool? i've been to a pool and we were not allowed to swim because the life guard was not on duty... except its a private pool, i think it is necessary to have life guards on duty
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

doesnt have to 'stand on their necks'.
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by mrLhanray(m): 8:00am On Apr 21, 2017
isn't this the same picture that was posted recently regarding Chinese men and their Nigerian workers. Same picture, two different stories. wetin happen
Re: Teenagers Drown In Benin Hotel Swimming Pool (Graphic Pictures) by bizzibodi(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

privacy in a swimming pool,are d couple d only one that pay to use d swimming pool?i hav seen a life guard in a 9jerian pool,no life guard in this era of drunken pool parties?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) / Two Suspected Robbers Set Ablaze In Calabar By Angry Mob (Graphic Photos) / Two Kidnappers Arrested In Katsina Forest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.