Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole (723 Views)

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / I Won’t Resign As Senate President – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole by SapeleGuy: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, has said that President Umaru Yar‘Adua did not comply with the 1999 Constitution by spending 41 days outside the country so far without forwarding a written declaration to the National Assembly.

Bankole, however, clarified that it was not his duty or that of the National Assembly to force the President to observe the constitution.

The Speaker told SUNDAY PUNCH that the legislature would only act after the President had written but that it could not compel him to make such a declaration.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001031310284
Re: Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole by Beaf: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2010
Since you have admitted that it is a constitutional matter, does the Speaker feel that by not writing either him or Mark, the President has breached the constitution?

Actually, yes; by virtue of Sections 145 and 146, he has actually. But, the fact is the issue of Bankole to say that the man has breached the constitution. It is left to the members (of the House) to raise such an issue He is (only) the presiding officer.

The cookie is crumbling. E be like say bankole de find escape route.
Re: Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole by kaypumpin2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
Beaf:

The cookie is crumbling. E be like say bankole de find escape route.
Watch him do a volte face and retract the statement soonest.
Re: Yar’adua: Why I Won’t Resign – Bankole by netpro(m): 12:47am On Jan 04, 2010
So Mr Speaker wants to abandon his duty post. And for the Yar' Adua team, they lack strategy. Are they for hell to erupt b4 they can implement a simple plan. Oga Gooodluck is busy with his best deal on the table - Waiting

Pathetic!

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Between Abdul Mutallab Father And Yar Adua / . / Dead Osama Bin Laden, Climate Change Warrior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.