Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer (25821 Views)

Guinea’s Smartphone Manufacturer Signs Deal With MTN For Product Distribution / Xiaomi Is Now The 4th Largest Smartphone Manufacturer / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
There is ZERO difference between manufacturing and assembly. They both mean the exact same thing. It is only in Nigeria that ill-exposed people like you make a distinction between the two. No manufacturer builds their own components, whether it is for vehicles or phones. Manufacturing is a process of gathering components from various sources and assembling them into a finished product.

OMG DUDE!!!! You just made a big public fool out of yourself!!!! The person you were rplying to is absolutely correct!!! There is a huge difference between manufacturing a part versus assembling a part!!! What planet are you from? In my line of work, people can manufacture semiconductor chips and then provide it to companies that can assemble those manufactured silicon wafers/chips to suit whatever application they deem fit! Hope you've learned at least to think before retorting blindly!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by darkckUSA: 7:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Jabioro:
Calm down. Oga.. you don't need to abused me.. take chilled pill.. do that maturely, constructively and relatively, it earned you a lot of respect, at the other end, willingly he/she learned one or two things from you. ..I hoped you can retraced your step.

Take chilled pill grin angry grin shocked . Please no need to abused this person..
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Jabioro:
Nigerian first smart phone assembly not manufacturer, all the components were manufactured outside the country.. even the plastic cover is not here..

Dude you are absolutely right! i can't believe the ignorant nincompoop that made a headlong attempt at rebuttal got 15 likes already when last i counted!!! Many f00ls on Nairaland!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by ZAWs: 7:48am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
There is ZERO difference between manufacturing and assembly. They both mean the exact same thing. It is only in Nigeria that ill-exposed people like you make a distinction between the two. No manufacturer builds their own components, whether it is for vehicles or phones. Manufacturing is a process of gathering components from various sources and assembling them into a finished product.

Thank you my brother.
You see; so many naive people in this country who have little or no idea on how these things works.
No manufacturer produces stuffs at 100%.
For instance, HP dell, etc don't produce screen, Hard drives, Ram, etc.
But you see HP or whatever boldly written on them as the manufacturer.
In the mobile phone business; Samsung is the only manufacturer that produces its equipments about 95%.
But in this country; some folks would expect the opposite.
OH NIGERIANS!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by ITbomb(m): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
No mind all these half educated people.

The main reason manufacturers prefer China apart from the cheap labor is the fact that you can easily get already manufactured components to create your desired product.

Even Innoson is trying here in Nigeria to be manufacturing his own fan belt, seat belts etc, other major car manufacturers elsewhere depends on another company to manufacture for them to assemble

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2017
Mandesz:
naija gonna b great while I'm living.
if other tribes r research minded like Igbo den Nigeria wud av bin beta.
wen Igbo make anytin, d afonjas n illiterates up Nigeria map will tell us it's fake. dey use it but Neva appreciate it. China products r always fake in d mind of Nigerians but see dem today 2nd best economy, employers of Nigerians in football n technology.
appreciate whateva u av
China products are not always fake in the mind of Nigerians, it is what you want that they will produce for you.

Let me tell you a story, my father once imported a container of motorcycle tyres through a friends, and i tell you what? The tyre was good , thick and durable but it was expensive and riders here were reluctant to buy it because it was expensive, they prefer the once they will use for 3 weeks and burst. The few that bought out of the quality tyres appreciated it, before we sold all we had to reduce the price a little so as to sell it in time.

After that my dad didn't order it again, he stopped. He can't order low quality tyres that will be cheap so that him the importer can gain a lot of money.

The fake products from china in Nigeria today is because the importers are greedy and because they know Nigerians won't appreciate good products and prefer cheaper ones.

But you ibos just duplicate and manufacture bad shïts, you don't manufacture original products at all. That one na una problem.
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Earth2Metahuman: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2017
alignacademy:

Thanks for this clarification.

Any thoughts on how those various components are sourced?
same way samsung sourced their components.

E.g, samsung is korean company,
Samsung uses snapdragon proccessor,
Snapdragon is american company, so they ship snapdragon from america, if they decided to use mediatek, they ship from taiwan.
android is from america also.
Battery could be made in china.
Then graphix card used on the phone could come from japan.
Then they assemble all the components and call it a smartphone and all the major revenue will go to south korea.

Get it now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Zedoo(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2017

1. Hope its intending to train Nigerians to work there subsequently BECAUSE.......if not then its completely useless to the Nigerian economy.

2. For those shouting that no manufacturer manufactures his raw materials.... Why can't Nigeria make any reasonable attempt to at least start harnessing her raw materials so that these can be utilised to the maximum then any other thing we don't have will now be bought from outside... Cos whether you like it or not, importing everything is no different from just importing the phones straight away if no component of it is locally sourced...

Its eerie that things like this bring pride to Africans for the common man to beat his chest and claim that his country is now manufacturing smartphones....

3. Let us go and manufacture things we live on daily first, things we have raw materials for.... This phone thing is like hanging your bag where your hand no reach.... Ordinary toothpick and pencil cost millions to import....no be say trees dun finish or lead no dey..... Basic things..... Cloth materials, food items..... Things we can comfortably manufacture to subsistence and ultimately export...

The gospel truth everybody knows is that we will hardly be exporting this MADE IN NIGERIA PHONES.....

Other countries don't even trust you enough to import already made VASELINE from you...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Jabioro: 8:05am On Apr 21, 2017
darkckUSA:

Take chilled pill grin angry grin shocked . Please no need to abused this person..
I didn't.. I just gave him a bad gazing..
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Earth2Metahuman: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2017
ayoolanr:

OMG DUDE!!!! You just made a big public fool out of yourself!!!! The person you were rplying to is absolutely correct!!! There is a huge difference between manufacturing a part versus assembling a part!!! What planet are you from? In my line of work, people can manufacture semiconductor chips and then provide it to companies that can assemble those manufactured silicon wafers/chips to suit whatever application they deem fit! Hope you've learned at least to think before retorting blindly!!!!
name one company in the world that completely manufacture all the components of its product.

So many half baked mor0ns on nairaland these days.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Jabioro: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2017
ayoolanr:

Dude you are absolutely right! i can't believe the ignorant nincompoop that made a headlong attempt at rebuttal got 15 likes already when last i counted!!! Many f00ls on Nairaland!!!!
don't mind many folks on nairaland, they were all over to displayed nonentities..
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by whitebeard(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
must u call him ill-exposed easy nah
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Even if American and foreign companies do not manufacture all their materials, at least they would have their imprint on the material, it maybe because the material is not in their country, so they create liaison there in other to manufacture the material there.

Why do some American countries establish their customer care centres in India, to cater for Americans complaints?
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by pamcode(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2017
I hope the trend continues to get even better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2017
Anybody here that knows Under Armour?
it is an American company that manufactures footwear, sports and casual apparel.
Just like Nike and Adidas.

This is what the company has to say on how they get their materials.

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by MarieSucre(f): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Jabioro:
Calm down. Oga.. you don't need to abused me.. take chilled pill.. do that maturely, constructively and relatively, it earned you a lot of respect, at the other end, willingly he/she learned one or two things from you. ..I hoped you can retraced your step.

Bros, pls look at your comment again. You need to pay attention to the tenses you used

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Mandesz(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Handsomecutepie:

Must you be stupid and chest-beating scumbag? Must you cunt?

I knew it , I knew one of you will bring your good-for-nothing flat head on this thread

It amazes me how you Igbos keep deluding yourselves with all sort of stupid and Igbotic rhetorics such as "Igbos are this and that" without anything to show for it in your region and other regions except hawking on our streets either in the North or the West. The only industry you as Igbos are holding down in this country is hawking in d traffic...

The 55% Industrialists of this great country called Nigeria come from the West and almost 30% from the North and you don't see these people beating their chests.

Your region is the only region in the whole country that is economically, socially and of course educationally Igbotic. Igbo region is the only region in Nigeria that hardly attract other Nigerians due to your tribalistic nature.

With all these your chest-beating achievements, other Nigerians hardly come to your region to establish businesses.
a fool like u will not hesitate to insult. wia did u get yo 55% data. a nonentity of yo caliber always raise eyebrows wen it comes to ethnicity or religious issues. but all diz haven't change yo poverty status. wy not change 4 sth dt will improve yo life? I'm a yorubaman to d core not like u dt is bent on fighting others in d name of ethnicity. u r a fool once again!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
WHO MAKES OUR PRODUCTS Many of the specialty fabrics used in our products are technically advanced textile products developed by third parties. The fabric used to manufacture our products is sourced by our manufacturers from suppliers pre-approved by us. Substantially all of our products are manufactured by unaffiliated manufacturers. In 2006, our products were primarily manufactured in Asia, Central and South America and Mexico. All manufacturers are evaluated for quality systems, social compliance and financial strength by our quality assurance team prior to being selected on an ongoing basis. We strive to qualify multiple manufacturers where appropriate for particular product types and fabrications. We also actively seek out vendors that can perform multiple manufacturing stages, such as procuring fabric and providing finished products, helping us to reduce the cost of goods sold. We enter into a variety of agreements all of our manufacturers, including non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, and we require that all of our manufacturers adhere to a code of conduct regarding quality of manufacturing and working conditions and other social concerns. We do not, however, have any long-term agreements requiring us to utilize any manufacturer, and no manufacturer is required to produce our products in the long term.

www.uabiz.com/company/products.cfm
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Nellybii: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Jabioro:
Nigerian first smart phone assembly not manufacturer, all the components were manufactured outside the country.. even the plastic cover is not here..

Some illiterates will just come here to make comments with the sole aim of undermining any good news about the development of the country.
Are you an engineer? Do you work with AfriOne?
What do you know about manufacturing? What are the processes in manufacturing? Is assembly process isolated from manufacturing? Lazy drone enemy of progress. Google manufacturing because it may come out in your JAMB. Ayirada Mtchewww.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by opad22u: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
Oga there is a big difference between manufacture and assembly. Manufacture is immediately after invention which involves a lot of critical thinking. Assembly is simply putting the pieces of the finished product together. Dont fool yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by CellTabRepairs: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Hey dude or babe. What's good? 4 whole months gone! 4 months!!! If you can, why not? If I told U each 5 mins, U have the potential to pick at least N5000 ($15) from a walk-in customer for that smartphone or tablet fix, will U still be home idle? Very common and true with this business! Learn today. Get " Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Sure bet!

View, and Get it immediately through my signature!
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Nellybii: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2017
opad22u:
Oga there is a big difference between manufacture and assembly. Manufacture is immediately after invention which involves a lot of critical thinking. Assembly is simply putting the pieces of the finished product together. Dont fool yourself.

Whoever taught you this definitely got you fooled.
Have you heard of Assembly, testing and Integration?
Some processes are iterative. Please try argue from the point of knowledge not just to make noise. Go to school please. Assembly is manufacturing.!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Nellybii: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Don't lecture them again. They are not willing to learn. In fact they are untrainable Most of them are blockheads. I don't blame them. Afterall in Naija once you are rich and powerful, you can go to any school along with enough drummers and collect a certificate from the VC.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by texazzpete(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Proudly and smartly crafted in Nigeria by Nigerians, AfriOne serves Africa’s largest socioeconomic power player with integrity, while hosting cutting-edge technology, stylish design, affordable price points, and particularly, an inherent commitment to financial integration for all through automatically installed mobile banking and financial technology through the NowNow application.

'Proudly and smartly crafted in Nigeria' yet the key players in the company are Indians cheesy

These people are most likely just doing assembly and are playing the 'made in Nigeria' card to get lower taxes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2017
Nellybii:

Whoever taught you this definitely got you fooled.
Have you heard of Assembly, testing and Integration?
Some processes are iterative. Please try argue from the point of knowledge not just to make noise. Go to school please. Assembly is manufacturing.!!
You are fool Mr man, are you trying to defend your company AfriOne that made your reasoning seem like a jss1 student?

Manufacture:
1. make (something) on a large scale using machinery.
2. invent (evidence or a story).
3. To create goods from raw material, e.g. in a factory.

Assembly:
The action of fitting together the component parts of a machine or other object.
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2017
texazzpete:

'Proudly and smartly crafted in Nigeria' yet the key players in the company are Indians cheesy

These people are most likely just doing assembly and are playing the 'made in Nigeria' card to get lower taxes.
Don't mind those 2 fools here saying Assembly is Manufacturing.
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by DarkTroll: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2017
[s]
Rosskii:
[/s]
Stop feeding the public lies.

There's a world of difference between manufacturing and assembly.

Assembly plants are places of coupling of finished products from the manufacturing plants.

Eg Peugeot Nigeria.

Stop deceiving people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by oyetpel(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2017
As we're able to see, Apple's manufacturing and outsourcing
of products is diverse and sprawls across numerous countries
around the world. It should be noted that the design,
development and marketing work, not to mention the creation
of the software, are all done in-house by Apple in the United
States. The company remains a huge employer in its home
country.

www.macworld.co.uk/feature/apple/where-are-apple-products-made-how-much-does-iphone-cost-make-india-3633832/
Re: Nigeria Now A Smartphone Manufacturer by Jabioro: 9:10am On Apr 21, 2017
Nellybii:

Some illiterates will just come here to make comments with the sole aim of undermining any good news about the development of the country.
Are you an engineer? Do you work with AfriOne?
What do you know about manufacturing? What are the processes in manufacturing? Is assembly process isolated from manufacturing? Lazy drone enemy of progress. Google manufacturing because it may come out in your JAMB. Ayirada Mtchewww.
When you woke up this morning, I guess you greeted your parents with kick..the pitiable part of it, you are of tribe who appreciate respect and things maturely, here you are... dancing like Awon omo atohun run wa.. you're asking..i should be expecting it in my JAMB question... Oma se..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Smartphones That Rocked 2013 / How To Configure Your Phone To Access The Internet / Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.