Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (44338 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
newdawn2017:
which kain kirikiri? undecided is it not with tax payer's money he shall be taken care with? May what he has skimmed on a loyal servant of d only living true God Yahweh come on his head angry
Amen
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Hairyrapunzel: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
weedtheweeds:
so what makes you different? would it be right if the government calls you an extremist?

You said those who tarnish people's image are extremist so your religion that tarnishes Catholics image is an extremist one how am I tarnishing their image? Is it by saying what they believe their beliefs are extremist killing your child or yourself because your religion says so or by shunning people who no longer believe

I have never knew when you tarnish people's image you are an extremist
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Hairyrapunzel: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
newdawn2017:
It is whom Jehovah wants 2 ve mercy on he will ve mercy on, u shall regret it embarassed Jehovah knows his sheep

Must you threaten people because they disagree with you?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by cidieschat(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Maximus85:

Then it's a shame you don't have any idea who Jehovah's Witnesses are.

An expression at Romans 13:1 designating human governmental authorities. That scripture has been variously rendered: “Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.” (NW) “Let every subject be obedient to the ruling authorities, for there is no authority not under God’s control, and under His control the existing authorities have been constituted.” (We) “Everyone must obey the state authorities, for no authority exists without God’s permission, and the existing authorities have been put there by God.”—TEV

Reasons for Christian Subjection. There being no reason for Christians to set themselves in opposition to an arrangement that God has permitted, they have good reason to be in subjection to the superior authorities. Governmental rulers, though they may be corrupt personally, would not normally punish others for doing good, that is, for adhering to the law of the land. But a person who engages in thievery, murder, or other lawless acts could expect an adverse judgment from the ruling authority. One guilty of deliberate murder, for instance, might be executed for his crime. Since Jehovah God authorized capital punishment for murderers after the Flood (Ge 9:6), the human authority, by executing the lawbreaker, would be acting as “God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad.”—Ro 13:2-4; Tit 3:1; 1Pe 2:11-17.

Now you know better.

It's also a shame that u think I'll read this crap, a lot of witnesses come to my hospital and take in blood, yet they pretend to preach about it.....
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

WAS SCROLLING AND READING THROUGH THE COMMENTS AND I WOULD HAVE RESPONDED EARLIER UNTIL I SAW THAT SOMEONE ELSE (ANOTHER LEARNED COLLEAGUE grin) HAD SIZED YOU UP AND PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE. HOPE YOU LEARNED A VALUABLE (IF NOT SOMEWHAT PAINFUL) LESSON. AND I HOPE YOU DIDN'T CRY cool

Charge and bail lawyers supporting each other.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by chiraqDemon(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
rabzy:

Lololol, your Bros open your door down without locking, the JW did not enter your opened room, but he knocked the door and you come open am. How did he invade your privacy abi wetin you want make he do. Make he shout your name or what.
We are the owners of the whole compound
A tenant stays on the ground floor
My aunt stays on the first
And we stay on the the 2nd
My brother left the parlour door that leads to our floor unlocked but closed
That means they passed ground and first floor and came to the second
Opened the closed door and passed thru the parlour and reached the corridor that leads to the rooms, passing the kitchen and guest toilet and reaching my room
I was just so pissed cos that was the highest act of witnessing i haf ever heard
Like who does that kind of thing
Like u dont even know anybody in the compound
What if we were butchering ppl in our house
Na so i for just butcher them join and noman go know
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by achorladey: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Just Imagine if every tax payers does the same who will protect JW members from aggression and crime?
Then it means 99% of the world's population will be Jws there will be peace to a large extent on the earth. The Jws pay tax and do everything within their power to be peaceable with everyone. They wouldn't need security personnel. Have you not heard that some nations do not have armies or go to war? have you ever asked why?

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Chukabiz1961(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is not the first time, but the preaching work continues world wide with greater expansion.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
newdawn2017:
True talk & they re d only true followers of Jesus Christ remaining here on earth 2day.
and thats why he devil is working very hard against them

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
newdawn2017:
It is whom Jehovah wants 2 ve mercy on he will ve mercy on, u shall regret it embarassed Jehovah knows his sheep
Bro sometimes u just need to ignore certain people as there is no need to answer them

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 22, 2017
Orthordox@work. undecided
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by weedtheweeds: 4:54am On Apr 22, 2017
farewell
Hairyrapunzel:

You said those who tarnish people's image are extremist so your religion that tarnishes Catholics image is an extremist one how am I tarnishing their image? Is it by saying what they believe their beliefs are extremist killing your child or yourself because your religion says so or by shunning people who no longer believe

I have never knew when you tarnish people's image you are an extremist
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Hairyrapunzel: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
achorladey:

Then it means 99% of the world's population will be Jws there will be peace to a large extent on the earth. The Jws pay tax and do everything within their power to be peaceable with everyone. They wouldn't need security personnel. Have you not heard that some nations do not have armies or go to war? have you ever asked why?

But they would need elders and judicial committees they will also disfellowship and practice shunning once the person is found guilty. The accused does not have a chance of defending himself or hiring a lawyer.

When you have 99% of jws after your Jehovah has come to kill 99.9% and you people having inherited the earth. The remaining 1% are the disfellowshipped ones right?
You are even afraid to say 100% of jws smh

Well they are all assumptions like your religion and beliefs are just based on assumptions
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The Jews didn't have a choice they were killed by the nazis because of their race. Jw had the choice of hailing Hitler's. if you were a Jew you hailed hitler or didn't you were a Jw or not nazis will still kill you.
Dey took jws to Siberia did they kill them? Extremist ke fanatic ke. I cannot kill my child or myself because of any religious belief I cannot shun my friend or family member because they no longer believe what I believe no religion will make me refuse a life saving medical treatment for myself or child. I will never think that my God will kill billions on earth just because they do not belong to my religion. religion will never make me decide who to marry, associate with or vote for or be voted for. No religion will make me not serve my country if I want to
Nobody says u should not do all the above. U ve ur life to live. If u like serve in Nigerian Army .Assuming Nigeria goes to war with Cameroon then get ready to kill ur Catholic bro in d Cameroon in d name of serving ur country or to be slaughtered by ur Carholic bro in d Cameroon military in d name of serving his country.
Rwanda is a Catholic country but yet Hutus and Tutsis slaughtered each other like beasts. That will never happen with JW cos we do not allow the world nationalism to divide us. We are brothers. Read Matthew 23:8; 1Peter 5:9.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
chiraqDemon:

I swear to God my guy
Last year i dey my room for 2nd floor wey i de live
My bros comot so him just close d door without locking
Next thing person knock my room door
I open am only to see j witnesses
Na para i para for those ppl eh
D main wahala v say dem nor respect privacy
Even if u dey toilet for tenth floor u go shock as person go open d toulet door say hin wan share word of God
What privacy are u talking abt that is not respect? Did u say they knocked before u opened? Or did they enter without knocking? Dont let hate for JW kill u

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Just Imagine if every tax payers does the same who will protect JW members from aggression and crime?
If all were JW there wud be no crime or aggression in d first place cos we are extrememly peaceful.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
rabzy:

Lololol, your Bros open your door down without locking, the JW did not enter your opened room, but he knocked the door and you come open am. How did he invade your privacy abi wetin you want make he do. Make he shout your name or what.
Out of hatred for JW he only exposed the depth of his stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
chiedu7:

Explain why your bible attributed goliaths death to someone else. ?
When the KJV correctly pointed out that he was killed by David? grin

If u think well u wud ve compared the New translation with other version than expose ur stupidity and senselessness

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Dongreat:

Nah wetin people nor dey understand. Oyibo love privacy and when you dey worry about house rent, baby food or heartbreak or shit dey catch you nah then you go see J witness. Their movement and loud speakers for Nigeria church nah same thing.
Shey JW open ur door to enter ur room? What privay are u talking about that was not respected? So if a neigbhour knocks ur door it is lack of respect for privacy? U talk about oyibo what do u know about oyibo? No let hatred for JW make u no loose ur sense of sound reasoning and good judgement
Comparing our quiet way of worship to d noise from other churches is so sickening. Abeg try go near where a kingdom hall dey and see if u will feel when meetings are going on

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by chiraqDemon(m): 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

What privacy are u talking abt that is not respect? Did u say they knocked before u opened? Or did they enter without knocking? Dont let hate for JW kill u
Man i had to clarify in another post
We own the whole compound
Tenant lives on down floor
My aunt on 1st floor
And we on second
They passed the ground and first floor
Came thru the parlour door on the 2nd (that was the door my bro left open cos it leads to the whole floor)
They passed through the parlour n passed by the kitchen and guest toilet b4 reaching the corridor that my room is on
Barging into someone's house that way is it proper
In a house that u have not gone to b4
Or would u go to a house u've never been to b4 and upon seeing nobody just advance to start checking the rooms?
I made a another post when another person asked the same question
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Snow5:

Very annoying..

That's to tell you the way this world is going morally.. It's sickening.

This world suppose Don end since... I nor understand God sef
Bro i understand your feelings but d bible has prohesied it infact worse are yet to happen. Read Revelation12:7-12; Matthew 24:3-39
It is not d first time persons ve been sickened with d wickedness going on. Ezekiel 9:4; Habakkuk 1:4,13; Job 21:7; Psalm 10:13
Infact in Asaph at a time envied d wicked. Read Psalm 73:1-28 but note what verse 17-19 say. Jehovah will soon act. Matthew 24:37-39 shows that Jehovah has acted before in d time of Noah and He will not fail to act in d future. Read 2Peter 3:3-13.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Like I said in my post, I don't know if 'extremist' was the right word for the Russian Government to use on Jehovah's Witnesses, but they are a religious sect that also have no respect for privacy. True, they are not violent like Islamic terrorists, but at the same time they have no regard for people's privacy and want to prove that they are right by all means. Can you remember when a court in Nigeria awarded a man N5 million as a settlement as regards to MTN's annoying text messages and put sanctions against them? That's not much different from this. And JW are worse than MTN, in fact, they will start asking you questions about your personal life, and they just win't leave you alone until you agree to collect whatever pamphlet they're trying to share or if you pray with them. The last time these Chinese JW came to my place (I'm not religious, neither are most of my family) they were basically holding the gate, trying to prevent me from closing it. I think that's an intrusion that needs to be cautioned, although I don't think they are 'extremist' in the popular sense of the word
https://blog.oup.com/2017/04/banning-jehovahs-witnesses-russia/
Read d above link and u will see that banning of JW didnt start with Russia and it will not end with Russia but one thing is sure it will never stop the preaching work. Hitler did worse than Putin but it is in Germany JW ve the largest numbers in Europe but where is Hitler or even d Nazis? U can answer that yourself. Read Acts 5:34-42 to make u know that banning never stopped the work of christians
As for privacy Indont know what u mean. Did JW enter ur bedroom even if its door were opened? What privacy are u talking about?
Holding d gate to orevent from closing is wrong and mind u if u dont want to be preached u dont decide same for others. If u dont want them to get to ur door u cant prevent them from going to d next door. Above all ur hatred for them wud achieve anything infact d history of JW is not complete without bans, persecution etc but yet every year over 245,000 people are streamming in to it. If u know Russia well then u will know that what is going on is d hand work of d Orthodox church who has always seen d JW as threat

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
rabzy:

Have you asked them to leave your premises immediately and they insist on staying? When next they come and you told them to leave and they refuse to leave, please do call the police. Witnesses leave, when you asked them to..and we dont force our literature on people. The standing rule is that, if someone shows no interest in your message, dont give any literature, and even f you listen to them you can still reject the literature. Since they are so annoying to you...let me tell you something...just call the next ones that come around..tell them they should mark or note your apartment/room/house and tell the congregation or other members not to knock your door again..i guarantee you that they wont come again..because you have freed them of the biblical obligation to preach to you. You could even have it boldy written on your house...some people have done that and voila...the Witness pests are gone.....maybe you can use the same measures on MTN to stop unsolicited messages since you say its the same
U dem mind am. Greetings from ur bro

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
cosade:

If asking a visitor in my house to pray with me would drive them out of my house, then I am better off without such guests. I don't need friends that can't pray with me. Which is easier to do? Prayer with someone you want to win to your side or walk away?

You appear to be speaking from two sides of your mouth.
So I should not enjoy my religious freedom because JW members want to preach to me. In my house, it's prayer first.

Did JW prevent u from enjoying ur religious freedoms? U did JW put u in a relgious cage?

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
rabzy:

Mr. Read your Bible a little bit more

The below was gotten from wikipaedia

Excommunication is an institutional act of religious censure used to deprive, suspend, or limit membership in a religious community or to restrict certain rights within it, in particular receiving of the sacraments. The term is often historically used to refer specifically to Catholic excommunications from the Catholic Church, but it is also used more generally to refer to similar types of institutional religious exclusionary practices and shunning among other religious groups. For instance, many Protestant denominations have similar practices of excusing congregants from church communities, while Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as the Churches of Christ, use the term "disfellowship" to refer to their form of excommunication.

I guess none of these people saw anything related to shunning in the Bible, so we are all extremists.
U dont need to waste ur time with dat guy. It is futile as his mind is filled with hate for JW but hate has it prevented us from moving forward. Russia ban of JW didnt start today. E don tey but we came stronger.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Enough of this persecution complex you people have. your religion isnt the only banned religion in russia.
Read this
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Snow5(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Bro i understand your feelings but d bible has prohesied it infact worse are yet to happen. Read Revelation12:7-12; Matthew 24:3-39
It is not d first time persons ve been sickened with d wickednesd going on. Ezekiel 9:4; Habakkuk 1:4,13; Job 21:7; Psalm 10:13
Infact in Asaph at a time envied d wicked. Read Psalm 73:1-28 but note what verse 17-19 say. Jehovah will soon act. Matthew 24:37-39 shows that Jehovah has acted before in d time of Noah and He will not fail to act in d future. Read 2Peter 3:3-13.

You made a valid point here...

It's end time already!!

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
ableguy:

My brother well done ooo, I am learning something. Which Cong?
Greetings to my brothers and sisters and all those non JW who by their comments showed that they ve not lost their sense of humanity in them. They may not ve to agree with all our teachings but they know that we re peaceful and d sentence handed to bros and sis in Russia is not justifiable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by SalamRushdie: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

If all were JW there wud be no crime or aggression in d first place cos we are extrememly peaceful.

You can't be so sure because I am sure there are bad eggs amongst you ...well I have worshipped with you a couple of times and I have met some JWS and I must say yes they seem to be good people

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Zitere1:
I love J. W. I hope copy copy Nigeria will not copy from Putin. I enjoy their explanation of d Bible at home on Saturday's.
I dont see that happening in Nigeria. Besides the case of Russia is quite understandable. The Orthodox has always hated JW and it is d official church of d Russian state. However ban is not new to JW in Russia and other parts of d world. However, with Jehovah's help we will overcome. Read the link below.
Also Read Acts 5:34-42

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You can't be so sure because I am sure there are bad eggs amongst you ...well I have worshipped with you a couple of times and I have met some JWS and I must say yes they seem to be good people
Yes its a fact that not all may be good and as a whole we are not perfect but we strive to let God's law guide our lives in all we do.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
dingbang:
Jw people are brainwashed.... They need to see d light
U with dirty brain show them d light na. If I ask u what makes them brainwashed u will be unable to answer.
People like u wud be rejoicing with wat is happening in Russia but u need to learn from history. Ban of JW didnt start today and not with Russia and it will not end either today or with Russia. Read d link below
U will with unwashed and dirty brain Read Acts 5:34-42

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dunamis Distributes Food Items For The 4th Time (Photos) / IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / Outrage As Leke Adeboye Calls RCCG Pastors ‘goats’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.