Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (44310 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Karlman: 2:18am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by cidieschat(m): 2:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Thought they are not submissive to human government?wont even recite the pledge? Why seek refuge in a human court of appeal?

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nathan2016: 2:23am On Apr 21, 2017
lol

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by omolayomi06: 2:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by TinaAnita(f): 2:27am On Apr 21, 2017
What a ludicrous and baseless verdict by a moronic judge. How can you describe those who doesn't compel people to convert to their religion as extremists? Does members of Jehovah witness pose a threat to lives and property? Do they look like Boko haram plus armed fulani herdsmen? Thunder fire that mumu judge!

18 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 21, 2017
thinkmoney:

Rabzy, wetin I do u nau?
Lol! Rabzy dey para.
If post no come on time, dem go talk say na stale news Nl dey carry
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Maximus85(m): 2:32am On Apr 21, 2017
TinaAnita:
What a ludicrous and baseless verdict by a moronic judge. How can you describe those who doesn't compel people to convert to their religion as extremists? Does members of Jehovah witness pose a threat to lives and property? Do they look like Boko haram plus armed fulani herdsmen? Thunder fire that mumu judge!

Jehovah will fight for himself.

8 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Snow5(m): 2:32am On Apr 21, 2017
Russians are loosing it..

You can't ban God!!

They are just getting started.. Them never see anything.. Na now God won deal with Russian

Though am not a JW... But the way Russian are going.. It's bad!!

12 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Maximus85(m): 2:37am On Apr 21, 2017
cidieschat:
Thought they are not submissive to human government?wont even recite the pledge? Why seek refuge in a human court of appeal?

Then it's a shame you don't have any idea who Jehovah's Witnesses are.

An expression at Romans 13:1 designating human governmental authorities. That scripture has been variously rendered: “Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.” (NW) “Let every subject be obedient to the ruling authorities, for there is no authority not under God’s control, and under His control the existing authorities have been constituted.” (We) “Everyone must obey the state authorities, for no authority exists without God’s permission, and the existing authorities have been put there by God.”—TEV

Reasons for Christian Subjection. There being no reason for Christians to set themselves in opposition to an arrangement that God has permitted, they have good reason to be in subjection to the superior authorities. Governmental rulers, though they may be corrupt personally, would not normally punish others for doing good, that is, for adhering to the law of the land. But a person who engages in thievery, murder, or other lawless acts could expect an adverse judgment from the ruling authority. One guilty of deliberate murder, for instance, might be executed for his crime. Since Jehovah God authorized capital punishment for murderers after the Flood (Ge 9:6), the human authority, by executing the lawbreaker, would be acting as “God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad.”—Ro 13:2-4; Tit 3:1; 1Pe 2:11-17.

Now you know better.

11 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by LANDLORD72: 2:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Too bad Russia

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Maximus85(m): 2:51am On Apr 21, 2017
In case you all don't know why the Russian government has singled out Jehovah's Witnesses, here it is.

According to the prophecies recorded in the Bible. The last world power is the Anglo-American world power. This is part of what we preach, signifying the end of this wicked system of things.

On the other hand, The Russians are aspiring to become the next world power, something that won't happen. No prophecy in the Bible has gone unfulfilled.

Please study that image that King Nebuchadnezzar saw in the vision and the significance of the body parts if the image.

For more information, Visit https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201105/seventh-world-power-bible-history/#?insight[search_id]=ad7386bd-bc53-468f-b5e6-21b15e563ccc&insight[search_result_index]=0

8 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Horus(m): 2:52am On Apr 21, 2017
Jehovah's Witnesses should be banned from Nigeria
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by giddexdguru: 2:55am On Apr 21, 2017
Register and get $5(N2500) free. Also work online and get money http://.net/7nJALh
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ransomed: 2:56am On Apr 21, 2017
Another Adolphus Hitler in Russia. JWs only hesitate blood transfusion during emergency and it is a matter of choice. They are peace loving people because they do not believe in war that Putin is fighting in Syria, exterminating innocent women and children. Annexatiion of Ukraine and causing tension in the region are some of the reasons Putin hates JWs. They do not engage in military enlistment i.e no killing nor bearing of arms. They do not force people to join them nor declare fatwas when provoked. Putin and Al assad are the extremists that disturb world peace just like ISIS, BOKO HARAM, AL QAEDA, AL SHABAB etc.

11 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by odehaj: 2:59am On Apr 21, 2017
chiedu7:
Good one they are heretics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlQcS6-M0o
I know that JW understand the Bible upside down & are confused but..the maker of this video should plssss retract it,don't make a fool of yourself just because you want to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by lepasharon(f): 2:59am On Apr 21, 2017
TinaAnita:
What a ludicrous and baseless verdict by a moronic judge. How can you describe those who doesn't compel people to convert to their religion as extremists? Does members of Jehovah [b]witnesspose a threat to lives [/b]and property? Do they look like Boko haram plus armed fulani herdsmen? Thunder fire that mumu judge!

Yes
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by EagleNest(m): 3:33am On Apr 21, 2017
What exactly constitutes extremison?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by potent5(m): 3:39am On Apr 21, 2017
codedpee:
No beer close to where you're?
Beer dey, you wan join?

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Jabioro: 3:41am On Apr 21, 2017
What about the other 72 virgin organization ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by denis2: 3:46am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Chydoohh: 3:52am On Apr 21, 2017
It doesn't make sense at all to stop innocent organisation for no good reason. Who are they to judge. Russia nawah for una.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by riczy(m): 4:13am On Apr 21, 2017
Jehovah knows how to deliver his ppl out of trial,besides banning a xtian organization of peace is weird,well Bible prophecy us under fulfilment though!

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by riczy(m): 4:15am On Apr 21, 2017
Horus:
Jehovah's Witnesses should be banned from Nigeria
for exposing religious lies preached by ur church[center][/center]

6 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by TheLogicalMind(m): 4:20am On Apr 21, 2017
JWs have never been considered true Christians because of their heretical views on Christ's Divinity. But as a Christian I would never go as far as labeling them "extremists", not by any stretch of the imagination. I've never heard of ONE single extremist incident in which a JW carried out a terror attack, staged forced conversion on an unwilling subject or carried on any war in the name of their beliefs.

Thank goodness the JWs have a right of appeal to the European Court of Human Rights where I'm very sure this stupid ruling of the Russian Supreme Court will be reversed in its entirety.

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by jahlove4jah: 4:27am On Apr 21, 2017
2 Timothy 3:2
Iceprincehkn:
2 be Honest, recent worlds events are troubling, yhu'll agree with me, bt this? It only affirms my trust in Jehovah God, May Jehovah be with my Brothers nd Sisters in Russia

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by gUdbOiii(m): 4:29am On Apr 21, 2017
I PRESENT TO YOU FREE STAFF SURVEY WORK TO INCREASE YOUR STAFF PRODUCTIVITY -TO ALL CEO'S

https://belovedkonsult.com/free-staff-survey-work-to-increase-your-staff-productivity-to-all-ceos/
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by salford: 4:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Russia must be crazy. JW's are good people. I am not one, but all through my growing up from primary school age to adulthood, they have always been part of my life as friends., and i have been imparted positively by them in academia and careerwise. I am even hosting a jw family at my home next month sef as they travel from their home to my city to attend a JW conference.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by opius: 4:36am On Apr 21, 2017
potent5:
Good news.

What is good about this if i may ask you Mr Bokoharam , enemy of progress and evangelization

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by safepaulooo(m): 4:41am On Apr 21, 2017
Uyi168:
Of all the christian sects out there,the JW are the most persecuted..

For those who are honest hearted out there, please read Jesus' words about the sign of the time of the end in Luke 21: 12, 13, 17 and 18. These words describe the experience of his true followers in the time of the end. Verse 13 particularly gives the reason for such persecution - namely to give a witness and thus help honest hearted ones identify Christ's true followers. The ban of JW in Russia, like other persecutions on this sole Christian group is a sign not to ignore. This landmark event beams guiding light to honest hearted ones out there of which Christian group fits Jesus description in his words at Luke 21:12, 13, 17 and 18. Know that current events in Russia serves to give an international witness to discerning honest hearted ones. Despite not presenting any evidence to prove the malicious claim of the tag of "extremist group" on JW, the Russian Supreme Court bans a peaceful group of worshipers, violating their right to freedom of worship. Know that this is for a witness to honest hearted ones like you! Recognise the hand writing on the wall directing you to Christ's true followers in the time of the end.

8 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Johnhug66(m): 4:46am On Apr 21, 2017
introvertme:

Which extremist activity?

Instead of all this court matter wey no get head or tail
Just tell them.straight in their face that you don't want them to preach about God.

The only reason someone becomes agitated is if they're preaching "truth" and you're loosing your sheeps.
undecided
introvertme:

Which extremist activity?

Instead of all this court matter wey no get head or tail
Just tell them.straight in their face that you don't want them to preach about God.

The only reason someone becomes agitated is if they're preaching "truth" and you're loosing your sheeps.
I don't think there's anything like 'SHEEPS'
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by jahlove4jah: 4:53am On Apr 21, 2017
No attempt to stamp out Jehovah's witnesses as a group will succeed. Hitler's regime tried but failed. Jehovah will deliver his peace loving people. Russian government should understand the meaning of the word "EXTREMIST" before labeling witnesses as such. The persecution of the Russian government confirms the truthfulness of 2 Timothy 3:12 All those desiring to live a life of godly devotion in association with christ Will be persecuted. As a Jehovah's witness, I respect others right to their religious beliefs. This is not time to exchange words with anyone. Rather it is time to implore to Jehovah to intervene on behalf of our brothers and sisters in Russia.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Onyemaboy(m): 5:17am On Apr 21, 2017
I take this news to be faith strengthing because it points to one thing.... ( the distructions of this system of things).

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / Dunamis Distributes Food Items For The 4th Time (Photos) / Outrage As Leke Adeboye Calls RCCG Pastors ‘goats’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.