Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (44332 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by cosade(m): 5:19am On Apr 21, 2017
Maximus85:

They love you. And unfortunately they won't leave you that easily. They are not sorry if you are annoyed. They are only following a command of Jesus Christ.

In Jeremiah's time, people hated him because he was preaching an unpopular message. Same as JW today, their message is unpopular and so you hate them. We are not part of this world, if we are, the world will live its own, but we are not, that is why you hate us.

My view, based on interactions with JW members is that, they are only interested in selling their journals and books to the public not preaching. I could be wrong but that is my perception.

In one of my early encounters with JW members three decades ago, I suggested that we should start our discussion with prayer, but they declined and left for no reason at all. Since that time when they come to my house to preach, I would welcome them warmly and insist that we should start with an opening prayer. They would rather leave than agree to pray with me.

I guess you're a member, what are the reasons JW members don't oblige to pray with others?
or
Is it that JW members don't pray at all?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Funjosh(m): 5:23am On Apr 21, 2017
If all Christians go out and preach the way Jehovah Witness does, Christ will be happy

7 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by giles14(m): 5:27am On Apr 21, 2017
bikerboy1:
grin I don't understand Russians at all. Are they forcing people to accept their doctrine?

You have the choice to move if you are not interested.
no they aren't.
but are Jehovah witness Christians cos dey don't believe in divinity of Jesus or the Trinity
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban
Russia is no respecter of religion. Who told you that they have not banned Muslim?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by jubileesmith(m): 5:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Bible prophecies are indeed fulfilling. ......preparing them for the great tribulation ahead. ....our confidence is that our God Jehovah acts just at the right tym.....off course he allows certain things to happen for a reason. ....

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by 2bam: 5:33am On Apr 21, 2017
I never like them they are always turning the bible upside down,why won't they be called extremist when a young married woman in my area after delivery she refuse blood transfusion due excess bleeding and she died.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by godunia(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2017
They let the real extremist to continue while ban a peace loving organization. has anyone ever heard of Jehovah Witness wound or kill anyone? Like Jesus and his followers they do not carry arms. May your kingdom come quickly Oh Jehovah. This Russia, the wrath of Jehovah that will come against you will come in extreme measures from the 4 corners of the earth.

7 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by nuesmann(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2017
thinkmoney:
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201704201052821725-russia-supreme-court-jehovah-witnesses-extremism/
.How can an organization that doesn't carry arm be an extremist?Putin, Hitler do pass you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by hardbody: 5:51am On Apr 21, 2017
potent5:
Good news.

Even when Jesus was being killed, there were people who were happy at his death. Little surprise here. One sure thing is that i have the opportunity of reading developments pioneered by them in the US where freedom of conscience and association is recognised and fully entrenched.

Gloating over their ban doesn't change my outlook because Russia was never a spiritual and religious country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by hardbody: 5:54am On Apr 21, 2017
cidieschat:
Thought they are not submissive to human government?wont even recite the pledge? Why seek refuge in a human court of appeal?

Even Paul the apostle appealed up to ceaser in Rome. They know they have rights and they believe that human authority is allowed by God but they will rather obey God as a ruler than men

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by peacettw: 5:58am On Apr 21, 2017
Why stop at Jehovah's Witnesses? This reminds of a popular saying: They came for them but since we weren't part of them we did nothing then when they came for us, there was no one left to fight for us. This will trickle down to affect all religions and when they are down the list of people to persecute, they will come for the unbelievers or atheists, finally believing themselves to be gods to be worshipped and obeyed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Blitzeee(m): 6:02am On Apr 21, 2017
Why are they tagged extremist?
I don't belong to the group but i haven't seen any reason why they could be tagged as such
They have cohabited with others successfully in other countries
No history of terrorism or violence

Maybe the Russians themselves are extremist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Rickiedee(m): 6:05am On Apr 21, 2017
no freedom of religion again??...talking bout extremism, Jehovah witnesses have their belief and it is demanded of them to preach it. Even though I don't agree with their doctrines, I do not think that amounts to fanatism as long as they don't enforce it on people with violence. speaking of violence, Islam has done more harm than Good.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by otusnora(f): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2017
they shld jst let them be jare. I'm nt a JW bt i like their dedication to God's wrk. They re always peaceful.

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 6:16am On Apr 21, 2017
onosprince:
Enough is enough, any jehovah witness way i go catch near my gate, i go use petrol take burn dem.
Space still dey for u to enter Kirikiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Randy100: 6:21am On Apr 21, 2017
In as much as they don't physically hurt people, they emotionally wreck people. They bring divison between families, they pressurised their members not to accept blood, thereby killing them, they don't vote and still want to get benefit from good governance. Do you still think that they are not extremist?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by realmindz: 6:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Uyi168:
Of all the christian sects out there,the JW are the most persecuted..

from the bigger picture, those guys are persecutors, their discrimination is another level.
They have an extremely dangerous illusion. They are the boko haram version of Christianity

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Bondesniger(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2017
this is becoming unbecoming

government agaiinst Gos's people

people against government

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 21, 2017
are there Muslims in Russia?, if yes,then I must say the Russian government is chasing shadows,mteeeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by mockingdove: 6:28am On Apr 21, 2017
Uyi168:
Of all the christian sects out there,the JW are the most persecuted..
u lie, catholics are the most criticised
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by footprintD55(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2017
grin grin

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2017
To all those happy wit d news relax. JW have had challenges even worse than this. They have survived years of persecution from World War 1 and 2. What they went through in the hands of Hitler alone as well as communist regimes in Eastern Europe attest to the fact that they are really doing God's work. Acts 5:21-42 shows that the experience of JW is not new as early christians went through the same and come out stronger.But no matter what they do opposers are only demonstrating that they are opposers of God's work and they can never succeed as Gamaliel said in Acts 5:34-40.
Same opposers fail to realize that these case is largely instigated by the Orthodox church which is the state religion of Russia and has always seen the JWs as a threat. Even during the communist era JWs weathered the storms.
But come to think of it are JWs really extremists. If so then many other countries wud ve labelled them as ISIS.
Recently in Russia there were protest showing u d great discontent among the citizens especially corruption and poor economy as well as lack of freedoms especially when u raise dissenting voices.
JWs are extremely peaceful people and it is illogical to classify them as terrorists with ISIS, Taliban or Al Qaeda
I am not surprise cos i ve been to Russia. If u as a blackman visit Russia and u as a blackman is attacked and go to d police then u will love our own police believe me. Their judiciary is one of the most corrupt so dont expect justice from such system.
The lack of sound evidence shows hiw laughable Russia's judiciary really is

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by YOUNGKAHUNA: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Believe me if these people knock your door by 6.00am when you dey prepare to go hustle money for house rent, then you will agree they are extremists.
lol, so true. I was all dressed up oo, stepped outside to close my door only for me to meet them. The man even say it himself say I know you are ready to go out, and I said yes. Only for him to say let me share the word of God with you, I no fit talk cause I no wan sound rude. At least make him even say "please can you spare us some time to share the word of God".
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2017
This is worrying . Is Putin going to control what Russians can belief too?

JW are not extremists.

Next may be evangelical christians or any other perceived threat to the Russian orthodox church.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by jericco1(m): 6:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Hian
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by zinnywonders(f): 6:33am On Apr 21, 2017
onosprince:
Enough is enough, any jehovah witness way i go catch near my gate, i go use petrol take burn dem.

You're just ranting.... U dare not try it..
Stop wasting the space cos you're just an empty Kom Kom.... Kagbai!

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by atoleybaba(m): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2017
cidieschat:
Thought they are not submissive to human government?wont even recite the pledge? Why seek refuge in a human court of appeal?
what is ur understanding of being submissive cos as far as I know, jw are d most law abiding citizen of any country....the pledge and anthem is recited to pay alleigence to a nationality and most time often done facing a nation's flag(more like an idol) paying alleigence in case u Dont know involves doing whatever ur country says..."to serve with all ur strength" (abstract from Nigeria national pledge) and this involve doing whatever ur country says and even taking up arm for ur country and besides if u give ur nation ur all allegiance what will u give God. Av u forgotten d bible said u can't serve 2masters? Witnesses also preach bawt oneness no matter d nationality we Dont believe in national division and know very soon everyone will be together without boundary or nationality diff so y should recite national pledges when I know my allegiance belong to one master(Jehovah) Jesus said u are no part of the world. This include not using the world to d fullest . we obey national authority when it is not conflicting with God law remember Paul said obey God has ruler rather than men. In all. Witness obey the law of their country of residence and just as apostle Paul didn't meddle with political affairs in his time tho he was a lawyer, he used the world court to advance kingdom truth when he "appealed to ceased" there are many things u need to learn before condemning sha

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 6:35am On Apr 21, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
lol, so true. I was all dressed up oo, stepped outside to close my door only for me to meet them. The man even say it himself say I know you are ready to go out, and I said yes. Only for him to say let me share the word of God with you, I no fit talk cause I no wan sound rude. At least make him even say "please can you spare us some time to share the word of God".
Have u wver in ur life had rhe time to go out to preach like them cos i believe d JWs did not take ur time to preach

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2017

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by unitysheart(m): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
To be sincere JW is an extremist organization but a peace loving one , there are many ideologies of the group that doesn't go well with a secular social organization if we must tell the truth one of which is conscientious objection in which the refuse to participate in security jobs but yet want to benefit from security provided by others , 2 is the issue of National Anthem , 3 the refusal to take blood transfusion despite the negativity of this ...I still think the Russian court should reconsider because they are also very peace loving people who don't pose any violent threat to society

There are many JWs serving as police officers. A former commissioner of police of Kwara state is a JW. A former AIG is a JW. There are also many JWs who are customs, immigration, FRSC, Prisons, NSCDC officers. JWs will only not agree to serve in the army, airforce or navy. They mostly serve for internal protection and not external protection.

As to blood, it is a free choice for anyone to determine the kind of medical treatment he or she will receive. The same way Muslims will tell you they don't eat pork based on their religious convinctions is the same way Jehovah's witnesses decide to seek alternative medical treatment that will not involve the use of blood. Moreover, they won't force a non JW not to accept blood. Also, JWs accept supplements taken from blood, such as hemoglobin etc. But will not accept blood as a whole.

There are many things people who don't get close to the JWs dot understand. People merely judge the JWs based on hearsay. www.jw.org will assist anyone to know more about what we believe and do.

10 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by hardbody: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Believe me if these people knock your door by 6.00am when you dey prepare to go hustle money for house rent, then you will agree they are extremists.

That is your definition of extremism? Diaper wearing buffoon

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ollah2: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban

Perhaps Russians understands the difference between politics and "Muslims wey dey form terrorism"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dunamis Distributes Food Items For The 4th Time (Photos) / IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / Outrage As Leke Adeboye Calls RCCG Pastors ‘goats’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.