Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues (24992 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by malware: 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Close to a week now, customers of the giant Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) have been complaining over a myriad of problems facing the bank which include closure of some of the banking channels, problems of multiple crediting and debiting etc.

To allay the fears of the customers, the bank sent messages to all its customers, notifying them of a planned maintenance scheduled to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday.

However, a day after the completion of the said maintenance, customers' complaints remain unabated on the bank's facebook page, with many of the customers still lamenting poor services.

If you are a Gtbank customer, kindly share your experience with the bank recently.

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by modsfucker: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
The guys are simply modafokas simple.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by eezeribe(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nigeria is good at copying what it is not ready for.

7 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by modsfucker: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44 seun BUHARI must hear this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by rozayx5(m): 11:02am On Apr 22, 2017
true , about two days ago i was trying to make a transfer

they told me insufficient balance shocked

only for it to work the next day

7 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by EKITI001: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Philinho(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
they should be patient
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by FREDDi(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
no worries,
such things occur,it would be appropriately taken care of
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Smooyis(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hope my funds are safe. shocked
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Andrewkinggg: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
rozayx5:
true , about two days ago i was trying to make a transfer

they told me insufficient balance shocked

only for it to work the next day

Had same issue too!! Fear grip me ohh!! I had to check my mobile app to confirm my money were intact.! But GTBank still remains the best bank, i Am sure they will fix these issues...

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by quiverfull(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Sincerely, GTBank has lost what made it attractive. They seem to have more customers than they can manage.

30 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Adesiji77: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
I wasn't aware that they had issues. Still withdrew from my account with them on Wednesday via ATM.

6 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by baike: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
pls my money is there let stop all this nonsense oooo

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by zikter(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
and my my company is forcing them down my throat.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by olujastro: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Quick access to social media has made Nigerians especially the youths very impatient and insulting. They should learn to obey the 1st Law of Thermodynamics....No system is 100% efficient as there must be losses.
These services run on technology and technology has never been 100% reliable all the time, technical hitches are bound to happen occasionally.
GTB has always been at the forefront of bringing innovative technologies to the banking system in Nigeria while other banks follow afterwards.
I use GTB too among other banks and I can boldly say GTB has been reliable to me about 98% of the time. Cut them some slack.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by RIPEnglish: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
The too much customers gtbank has have is what is the problem of banks problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Papertrail11(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
I advise any1 doing real business to avoid gtb its a student bank or for young pple. It may shock u that you may get better service in banks like wema sterling and wema they have so many customers with coins in their bank so tey can't have time for everybody!

plus majority of their bankers are fraudsters!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by martinz1: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gtb y na, but i think the issue has been resolved, it was last weekend
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
angry

GTB is the latest UBA(Useless Bank of Africa).

They made me smash my phone against the floor yesterday out of frustration. Wanted to do transfer using the MSSN code, *737#....only for em to tell me my 737 pin is wrong....somethong that i av used countless times....i had to reset my pin hoping it will work...yet it didnt....did the resting about 6 times....they almost made me look like a scammer(the person i bought goods from was starting to think i was playing him)

2. Money transfer from GTB to other banks can take eternity to reflect.....made a transfer from GTB to access bank and it took 3 days for the money to reflect in the access bank account

I weak for GTB.....

Too many customers na ein dey cause this shiiiiit. If you use GTB and GTB only....u never get bank account o

14 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Well, I had being Recieving and Making Transfers for the past 1week using the ussd code (*737#) without any issues at all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by good4all40: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hope my money is save
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Chukwumeremeze(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
When in comes to electronic banking or ADC's in Nigeria, I strongly believe that these banks stand out amongst others..

Diamond,

GT,

Access,

and

First,

The current issues are just one-off systems lags that occurs once in a while, and it can never be a justification to categorize GT as useless.

I believe some of us Nigerians like to make extreme exaggerations about containable situations.

FYI, I am not a staff of GT.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Handsomecole(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
I long left GT bank, it has over the years become useless in its service delivery.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by passyhansome(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTBank do people still patronize them?. The bank can frustrate for Africa
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

Had same issue too!! Fear grip me ohh!! I had to check my mobile app to confirm my money were intact.! But GTBank still remains the best bank, i Am sure they will fix these issues...
Oga na FirstBank and Diamond Bank be my best oo... Am just using Gtb becos it's my first account I open

4 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by aralomo1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTbank really need to upgrade their service.

Want to know my secret? Check my signature.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nutase: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
cool
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by kayceekleans(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by mygeeZ(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTBANK, has never failed me!! with *737# am good to go!! My personal opinion. have bin banking with GTBank for over 10yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
Something fishy...i hope it is not the blackhats that are meddling with their system.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by vicholas(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
I bank with GTB is still the best bank ever. thanks

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by miqos02(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Makes SMS Alert Mandatory For All Account Holders / Categories Of People That Will Be The Worst Hit By Recession In 2017 / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.