Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,608 members, 7,781,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 05:52 AM

Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye (14125 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
MONDAY 26TH JUNE, 2017

BORN INTO CAPTIVITY?

MEMORISE:
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

READ:
Exodus 1:8-12

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 21
Ruth 1 & Jeremiah 52:24-34

While some people fall into captivity through traps set by the tempter, some others, like Joseph, are sold into slavery (Genesis 37:23-28). In some parts of Africa, when a child is born, both parents of that child or either one of them enter into a covenant involving that child and some deity or spirit-wife or husband. Such a child later grows up to find that he or she has been sold into slavery. There are many childless couples who go to some deities for help, because they can no longer wait on God to give them good children. This opens the door to satanic offsprings in their life. Later in life, such demonic children will become devourers of their resources and peace. May you never be so frustrated as to go to the devil for help! Satan's ''help'' is to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10).
Moreover, in today's Bible reading, we understand that some people enter into slavery right from birth. When a pharaoh that did not know Joseph arose in Egypt and enacted new laws that made the Israelites slaves, every child that was born to them from that moment was born into slavery. In whatever way you have found yourself in captivity, whether by choice, design or by birth, there is deliverance for you today. The Great Deliverer is able and willing to deliver you. 1 John 3:8 says Jesus Christ was manifested in order to destroy the works of the devil. Captivity is the work of the devil, and he seeks to control and ruin lives by it. The predator runs the lives of his captives. When he wants, he whips them, pushes them into difficulties and mocks them while they struggle. He dictates what they become and where they will end. The fellow in captivity has virtually lost control over his or her life. You cannot be a captive and at the same time be free to serve God the way you want. One of the reasons why Jesus Christ came into this world was to make us free to serve God. Contained in the prophecy of Zacharias about the Lord Jesus Christ is this statement about His mission, in Luke 1:74-75:
''That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.''
This is why you have to arise in anger today and rebel against any form of captivity you have found yourself in, and ask Jesus Christ to deliver you now. You shall be free today!

PRAYER POINT:
In any way I and members of my family have found ourselves in captivity, we rebel and break away from it today!

HYMN 4:
1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2017

TUESDAY 27TH JUNE, 2017

UNDER AUTHORITY?

MEMORISE:
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Romans 13:1

READ:
Acts 8:12-17

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ruth 2-4 & Lamentation 1:1-12

It is one thing to serve the Lord, and another thing to submit to authority. Some people can render service to God but they cannot submit themselves to the authority of someone the Lord has placed over them. In today's Bible reading, after the apostles heard that a deacon was making waves in Samaria, they decided to go and see what was going on. Peter was asked to lead the delegation there. On arrival, Philip received them warmly, introduced them to the Samaritan converts as his leaders and submitted himself to their authority. There was no conflict whatsoever! If it were some people today, there would have been a rift. They would have confronted these leaders with rash words such as ''Pastor Peter, where do you think you have come to? When there was no revival here, you never came to Samaria. Now that God has used me to bring revival to Samaria, you have come to take over the work and the glory. I will never allow you to do this. You may be an apostle, but I am the one God used to save these souls and perform these signs and wonders, so please return to your Jerusalem."
Do you know that there are some pastors that God used in building up a church, who down the line defy all moves to transfer them elsewhere? They believe that since they did all the hard work of building from scratch, they should be left to enjoy the 'dividends' of their labour. This only shows a lack of understanding. In the first place, whatever work we do in the Kingdom of God is done for God and not for any man. Also, the means used for the work, whether physical, financial or material, come from God. Furthermore, no human being can adequately reward you for work you do for God. Similarly, God does not owe any one who serves Him: He always rewards them here on earth and later in eternity, as promised by the Lord in Matthew 19:29:
''And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.''
There should be no conflict at all on such matters. When a person is told by their authority to relocate, it should be clear to him or her that God is most likely through with using him or her in that current location. If you find it diffrcult to submit to your earthly superiors, it means that you are not ready for the ministry of signs and wonders. Are you under authority, or do you resist and struggle with your superiors? Repent and make amends today!

KEY POINT:
Refusing to submit to the powers above you makes you a rebel, and this attracts divine condemnation (Romans 13:2).

HYMN 14:
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2017

WEDNESDAY 28TH JUNE, 2017

WHAT KIND OF GROWTH?

MEMORISE:
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: Ephesians 4:15

READ:
Ephesians 4:10-16

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 1-2 & Lamentation 1:13-2:2

If you are a sheep in the fold of the Great Shepherd, you will not lack rest or what to eat. Beyond these, you will not thirst, as He leads you beside the still, calm waters. This is another way of saying that your thirst will be quenched. The Lord in Matthew 5:6 spoke of this when He said:
''Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.''
Hunger and thirst are part of the mechanisms that have been programmed into the human body to produce growth. How you respond to these impulses will determine the quality or type of growth you experience. Prolonged starvation and refusal to eat both lead to death. Similarly, while taking only a particular kind of food, some people experience abnormal growth patterns, due to the absence of the required quantity of nutrients, vitamins, fatty acids, and so on, needed by their body. This is why children who are exclusively fed a diet full of carbohydrates tend to have oversized heads and stomachs, rickety legs and hands – a growth problem known as 'kwashiorkor'. For growth to be even and progressive, all the needs of the body must be provided.
The observed effect of food on physical growth in the natural world also applies to what happens in the spirit. Today, spiritual growth is so distorted in the Body of Christ as a result of the nature of food being fed and the attitude of believers towards spiritual food. There are different stages of growth in the Kingdom of God. 1 Peter 2:2 says baby Christians should be fed with milk, so as to grow normally. Today, you have those who claim to have been saved for 5, 10 or more years still insisting on being fed with milk. lf a 10 year old child still wants to be breastfed, what kind of growth would result from this? Also, there are so many false doctrines being propagated through the airwaves and in churches today. What kind of growth will such doctrines deliver to those who receive them? In addition, a number of those who are being fed the sound, undiluted truth of God's word do not have enough time to receive it. What kind of growth do you think will result from such spiritual eating pattern? When you do not grow as you are expected to, you become a problem to yourself and others around you. How are you growing today? What are you feeding on? How often do you feed on God's word?

ACTION POINT:
Change your spiritual diet and feeding pattern to reflect the desire for healthy spiritual growth.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Refrain:

Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 29TH JUNE 2017

THEME: THINK IN THE SPIRIT

Memorise:
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

Read: Proverbs 3:5-6
3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Life in the Spirit is possible, even though for most believers it is still a struggle (Galatians 5:25). To grow your spirit-man, you need to earnestly seek more opportunities to be refilled with the Holy Spirit after being baptized with Him (Ephesians 5:18-19). To live in the Spirit, you need to think in the Spirit. In our thought life, many of us leave out the Holy Spirit, and this is one of the reasons why we don't go far in our walk with God. Whenever God is left out of an equation, it never balances. This is why today's Bible reading says we should acknowledge Him in all and not some of our ways. It is only then He will direct our paths. Some of us usually announce to God the decisions we have already reached, instead of consulting with Him earlier, so that He can help us arrive at the best decision. What is wrong with God deciding for you? Who decided that you would be born? Were you a part of that decision? Who decided your sex, nation, looks, height, complexion and the parents you would have? If He could decide all these, would it be too much for Him to be involved in the decision-making process of your life? When He is involved in a decision, He will ensure it does not fail. However, if in playing ''mature'' boy or girl, you leave Him out and your decisions later backfire, you will have only yourself to blame.
When there is an issue on ground and you present the issue to God, asking for His guidance or instruction on how to handle it, He will be pleased that you are giving Him His rightful place in your life. To what extent do you involve God in your personal and family affairs? Do you see Him as an intruder or as a partner? How often do you involve God in your thoughts and plans? If you really want Him to be a part of your thought life, then shun all evil thoughts. Load your mind with His word. Think often on God's word and focus on Jesus. By doing these, it will become easy for you to think in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the only Person who can help you see things from God's perspective. This is why 1 Corinthians 2:11 says,
''For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the
Spirit of God.''
When you yield your mind to Him, you will see yourself thinking more like Jesus, and what is important to God will gradually become important to you. When this continues, His likes will become your likes, and you will hate what He hates. There will be an alignment between what He wants and what you want. Start involving God in your thought process from today.

Key Point:
The extent to which you involve God in your personal or family affairs shows the extent of your trust in Him.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 3-5
Lamentation 2:3-13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 15: THE COMFORTER HAS COME

1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts
And human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue
Proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come,
The Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n,
The Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past,
The morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail
And fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills
The day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

3. Lo, the great King of kings,
With healing in His wings,
To every captive soul
A full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells
The song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

4. O boundless love divine!
How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell
The matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell,
Should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

5. Sing till the echoes fly
Above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above
To all below reply,
In strains of endless love,
The song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2017

DATE: FRIDAY 30TH JUNE 2017

THEME: WONDERFUL PROTECTION

Memorise:
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Psalm 91:5
Read: Psalm 91:5-7
91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Besides being a God of wonders who does wonders, God can also turn you into a wonder. A young man gave a profound testimony during one of our monthly Holy Ghost Services some years ago. He testified that during a prior Holy Ghost Service, the Lord instructed me to inform the congregants that the clothes they wore to that programme had just been anointed and had therefore become special. Unknown to him, some hired killers had been sent to kill him. Coincidentally, on the day marked for his assassination, he was wearing the very clothes that had been anointed during the Holy Ghost Service. As he passed by the assassins on this fateful day, he heard them say, ''This is the fellow'', and immediately, they opened fire on him. Six bullets passed through the front of his clothes and came out at the back, but nothing touched him. He brought the clothes he wore and showed us the bullet holes in front and at the back. He said he could not explain how that could happen without affecting his body. Indeed, there is a God who can turn someone into a wonder! As people looked at him, they saw someone who by all standards should have been dead, but who was alive because God miraculously protected him from weapons of destruction. This season, God will turn you into a wonder! He will miraculously protect you from every weapon of death formed against you!
Moreover, God can perform wonders through you! He can turn you into an instrument that performs wonders. For instance, on one ordinary day, Peter and John were going along the way when they encountered a lame man who asked for alms, but God used them to heal him (Acts 3:1-11). This same man who had sat at a gate of the temple for years suddenly rose up, began to walk, leap and praise God. He became a wonder to everyone who knew him, and the duo that God used to perform the miracle also stood out as wonders. Acts 3:11 says,
''And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.''
Beloved, God wants you to be a wonder. He also wants to use you to perform wonders. Are you ready to cooperate with Him? Can you pay the price to become a conduit for signs and wonders to flow through? How concerned are you about God's Kingdom? How consecrated are you? Are you prepared to give it all it takes?

Prayer Point:
Father, as You used Peter and John to perform miracles, use me and my family to perform spectacular miracles today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 6-7
Lamentation 2:14-3:6

HYMN 2: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry

2. Have we trials and temptations?
ls there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge-
Do your friends despise, forsake you?
In his arms he'll take and shield you;
You wilt find a solace there.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2017

SATURDAY 1ST JULY, 2017

SALVATION COMES FIRST

MEMORISE:
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1Peter 2:24

READ:
1Peter 2:21-25

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 8-9 & Lamentation 3:7-36

Just as the repercussions of sin can affect every facet of life, so also can salvation become the platform of recovery for every area of life that has been devastated by sin. When a sinner comes in contact with the lamb of God and His blood, his or her sins are washed away, and all the devastating effects of sin can be reversed in one day. Take for instance the impotent man in John 5:2-14, who was sick for 38years. Immediately he came in contact with Jesus, he was healed. From that moment, he stopped failing, hope came to his hopelessness, he was able to fellowship with people in church, peace came to his life and joy returned to his heart. All these happened in one day. When you give your life to Jesus and He saves your soul, peace and joy will suddenly flood your heart. From that very moment, you have access to all the precious promises of God. You can claim them and they will become reality in your life.
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” 1Peter 2:24
God’s process for healing is revealed in the above scripture. First is the transfer of your sins to the crucified body of Jesus Christ by faith, and thereafter comes healing. Many people want God to heal them but they do not want God to first roll away their sins. It doesn’t work that way! Any prophet, man of God or pastor who promises to heal you without the experience of salvation from sin must be avoided like a plague. Why? It is because instead of a miracle from God, you might be getting magic from Satan, and you can be certain that Satan is a very wicked taskmaster. Moreover, quite a number of sicknesses and diseases are caused by sin. The moment you settle the issue of sin at the cross of Jesus Christ, healing will then be released. Are you sick and still wallowing in sin? Give your life to Jesus now! Renounce every link with the devil, break every covenant with demons and commit your life to Christ. Ask God to forgive you for your life of sin and promise never to return to that life. Ask Him to come into your heart as Lord and Saviour today. If you have truly done these from your heart, I command every sickness or disease hibernating inside your body to be uprooted now in Jesus’ Name!

ACTION POINT:
Use every opportunity to pray for the healing of the sick, but first lead them to Christ.

HYMN 11:
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

4. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2017

SUNDAY 2ND JULY, 2017

WHY YOUR HEALING IS NOW

MEMORISE:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

READ:
Jeremiah 32:26-27
26 Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah, saying,
27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 10-11 & Lamentation 3:37-4:1

In Jeremiah 32:27, God said something very profound:
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?”
In this scripture, God introduced Himself as the God of all flesh. Similarly, in Ezekiel 18:4, He said all souls are His; so we can correctly say that God is also the God of all souls. Also, Hebrew 12:9 calls Him the Father of spirits; we can therefore correctly say that He is the God of all spirits. Considering all these, we can confidently say that God is the God of the spirit, soul and body (the flesh). It therefore means that He knows everything about spirit, soul and body, and being the Owner of them all, he can work on any part of you. Praise God!
As the God of all flesh, God is genuinely interested in whatever happens to your body. John 1:1&14 reveals that the Word was God, and He eventually became flesh. So then, what are the implications of the Lord being the God of all flesh? First, He can change any damaged flesh and make it brand new. A particular brother was taken on a visit to Heaven many years ago, and there he saw a particular store-house with spare body parts of all types, sizes, colors and shapes. These are not needed in Heaven but meant for people on earth. He said with faith in Jesus Christ, you can pull your required body part(s) from that store into your body. Does any part of your body require replacement? Receive it now in Jesus’ Name! One individual who benefited from this truth was Naaman. His skin was so damaged and ravaged with leprosy that God had to give him brand new skin (2 Kings 5:1-14). All he had to do was to obey God’s instruction, and his skin suddenly became like that of a new born baby. In Jesus’ Name, receive that miracle of brand new part you need for your body now! The level of destruction experienced in the flesh cannot hinder the God of all flesh from doing His job. Some people look at how certain afflictions or sores have ravaged their bodies, and they conclude that there is no more hope for them. No, don’t give up! Job had an understanding of this when in Job 19:26, he said:
“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:”
There is a user of this devotional who is afflicted by a sore that has refused to heal. The God of all flesh says He is doing something about it right now. When you are healed, go and testify to God’s glory. Call on God today, worship Him because he is in charge of all flesh and thereafter ask him to replace your damaged body with brand new parts.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, you are the God of all flesh, solve every problem I have with my body today!

HYMN 5:
1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Refrain:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
[Refrain]

3. All glory to the dying Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Saviour’s Name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]

4. His Name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2017

MONDAY JULY 3RD 2017

FOCUSED ASKING

MEMORISE:
I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. Luke 11:8

READ:
Luke 11:5-10

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 12-13 & Lamentation 4:2-18

One of the conditions to be met before one’s burden is lifted is the need to see that burden is an anomaly. You must acknowledge the existence of the burden, and be willing to be helped, before you can be set free from it. In john 5:2-9, Jesus asked the man who had been sick for 38 years, “Do you want to be made whole?” you may wonder why Jesus asked him such an obvious question. Why didn’t he just heal him straightaway? The truth is, not everyone wants to be helped. I have shared the story of a sick woman whom I prayed for many times without results. Then one day, the Lord told me, “Ask her if she wants to be healed”. Initially, I wondered what kind of question that was, but later I asked her, “woman, do you want to be well?’. To my utmost shock she replied, “No”. In my astonishment I asked her why not, and she said, “When I was well, immediately my husband closed his from work place, he would go to club houses, but since I took ill, after work, he comes home to me. I would rather be sick and retain my husband’s attention”. There is also the case of a witch who was brought to us for deliverance some time ago. Although we prayed, she would not be delivered. So, I asked, “Woman, do you want to be delivered?” “She replied, “Do you want me to lose the power I use in controlling my husband? I don’t want to be free.” As long as you are not willing to let go of the burden on you, there is nothing God will do to take it off you. In any case, God does not force things on you against your will, except in very rare cases.
In addition, you must be ready to cry to the Burden Bearer for help like Bartimaeus did in Mark 10:46-52. He cried once and again saying:
“Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me”
When others shouted him down, he raised his voice even higher. He kept calling until the Lord heard him. If you are weighed down by a burden and you pray lackadaisically, it simply shows that you are not really concerned about that burden. If you are, you will throw caution and decorum to the wind and call upon the Lord with your whole heart, and He will answer you. Some people call on God for a little while and stop. Such people may not get the answer they seek because they are not desperate enough. If you want results, call on Him and continue calling on Him. Use every opportunity you have to call on Him. Let Him see that you have resolved not to give Him rest until he answers you. When He sees that the answer to your prayers means everything to you, He will answer. As you call on Him this season, the Lord will answer you speedily in Jesus’ Name.

KEY POINT:
If you are not ready to petition God repeatedly until He has no breathing space, you are not desperate enough for your desired change.

HYMN 4:
Through the love of God, our Savior,
all will be well;
free and changeless is his favor,
all will be well;
precious is the blood that healed us,
perfect is the grace that sealed us,
strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
all will be well.

Though we pass through tribulation,
all will be well;
ours is such a full salvation,
all will be well.
happy when in god confiding,
fruitful if in Christ abiding,
holy through the Spirit's guiding,
all will be well.

We expect a bright tomorrow;
all will be well;
faith can sing through days of sorrow,
all will be well;
on our Father's love relying,
in our living, in our dying,
all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2017

TUESDAY 4TH JULY, 2017

HAVING A SERVANT SPIRIT

MEMORISE:
For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth. Luke 22:27

READ:
Luke 22:24-27

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 14 & Lamentation 4:19-5:22

Signs and wonders easily flow in an atmosphere where authority is respected. The moment a person becomes rebellious or refuses to submit to the authority of leaders, God withdraws and so do His signs and wonders. If you want God to use you in the miraculous, learn to remain submissive to the authority of those set over you by God. Moreover, another attribute of the fellow God will use to perform signs and wonders is the possession of a servant spirit. If you take a critical look at the person of Philip as recorded in the book of Acts, chapters 6 and 8, you will see a man who happily obeyed when he was sent to serve food as an usher, even though he was full of faith, power and the Holy Spirit. If some people had such credentials as these, they would suddenly become very choosy in the nature of assignments they are willing to carry out. If a pastor asks some workers to clean the toilet today, they may give the pastor a look that says, “Don’t you know who I am? Is it because I am a worker in your church? In my place of work, I am a Managing director” Nobody is contesting with you. The truth remains that in God’s kingdom, a worker is a servant. When you get to your office, you can be the boss there, but when you are in God’s house, you must be prepared to serve. Do you know that anyone who is unwilling to serve can never reach the top in God’s house?
You need to always remember that even the Lord Jesus Christ came as a servant! In Luke 22:26, He admonished us with these words:
“But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.”
Not only did He instruct us to serve, He himself did exactly that. He came as one who serves (Luke 22:27). Do you remember He washed the feet of his disciples (John 13:5)? This is why I teach my students at the School of disciples that the hands that cannot do manual labour cannot heal the sick. Some people have abandoned house chores to their domestic workers and other helpers. If you really want God to use your hands to perform signs and wonders, then you must engage them in manual labour. By virtue of my position as the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, people try to keep me from doing chores. However, do you know that even with all the help and assistants at my disposal, when I realized they are not around, I quickly iron some of my wife’s clothes or go to the kitchen sink to wash some plates? I know what I am doing. Are you a servant or a lord that everyone must obey?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me the servant spirit of Jesus Christ, so that I may serve others just as He did.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be

2. Take my hands and let them move

3. Take my voice and let me sing,

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2017

WEDNESDAY 5TH JULY, 2017

LIMITED TO SWEET EXPERIENCES?

MEMORISE:
And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. 2 Corinthians 1:7

READ:
Deuteronomy 8:2-7,

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 15-16 & Ezekiel1:1-21

Jesus is the Great Shepherd, and He wants His sheep to eat and drink from that which He provides for them. If you hunger and thirst after righteousness, you will be filled. In order words, you will experience the right growth in the Kingdom when you are receptive, and not selective of what the Master gives. Every good word of God counts in helping you grow to become like Jesus. In the Church of God today, under the guise of “grace” or “liberty” found in the New Testament, a lot of funny things are happening. Some people choose to read only the New Testament and call the Old Testament stale or outdated. Some others choose to read only specific portions of the Bible that speak of blessings, while they never go to the portion on sacrifice and curses. Some people never want to see passages on tithes and offering and other forms of giving, believing that offerings do not go to God but to men. Some of such people prefer to donate their tithes to the poor and needy, rather than to pay it as tithes in their church. Such tendencies will definitely affect their growth and hinder them from enjoying God’s full blessings.
“And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.” Mark 10:29-30
From the above, scripture, we see that the Lord Jesus Christ did not promise us a life free of hardship. Anyone who goes through life experiencing only pleasure, abundance and happiness without any moment of sorrow, sadness, denial, lack or disappointment will not develop a strong, well balanced character. Such a person will be vain, will lack compassion for others, and be conceited. God allows us to go through both the ups and downs of life so that we can truly fit into His plan for us. A one-sided spiritual diet leads to uneven spiritual growth. Romans 5:3 says that tribulations help us develop patience. Hebrew 2:10 tells us that our Lord Jesus Christ himself was made perfect through sufferings. How can you then become perfect without undergoing hardship? 1 Peter 4:13 says that when we partake of Christ’s sufferings, we shall also partake of His glory that shall be revealed. Don’t let anyone deceive you; you need to take in every truth of God’s word in order to become who you were created to be.

KEY POINT:
God allows His children to go through difficulties in order to develop their character.

HYMN 14:
1.Take my life and let it be
Let them flow in endless praise,

2.Take my hands and let them move
Swift and beautiful for Thee,

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Filled with messages from Thee,

Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,

It shall be Thy royal throne,

Ever, only, all for Thee,
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2017

THURSDAY 6TH JULY, 2017

CHOOSE WISELY

MEMORISE:
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 2Corinthians 5:11

READ:
Luke 23:39-43

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 17 & Ezekiel1:22-2:7

“Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.” 2 Corinthian 5:11
The reality of an eternity in Hell fire is the reason why we continue to preach relentlessly to people about the need to give their lives to Christ right now! Hell is worse than any kind of suffering ever known to man. It is worse than any World War or nuclear holocaust. It is worse than any type of plague, be it Ebola, HIV, leprosy or the Black Death. It is even worse than death itself. Why, you may ask? If a believer in Christ is tortured to death for his or her faith in Christ, he or she will be in pains for a while, but eventually, the pain will stop and he or she will be taken into glory. Such a fellow would have moved from extreme pain to extreme joy, glory and peace in Heaven. In contrast, anyone who goes to Hell will burn in fire day and night. After burning for a billion years, his or her suffering will just be beginning. Worse still, after the Great White Throne Judgment, the inhabitants of Hell will be moved into the Lake of Fire, where they will go through the worst of torment and will keep burning without being consumed. Revelation 20:14 says,
“And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”
Whatever you can do to skip Hell, do it today because nobody knows tomorrow!No religion can save you from Hell. No form of self-righteousness, personal belief or positive thinking can save you either. In fact, John 3:18 says that some people will be banished to Hell not because they do not attend church but because they did not genuinely give their lives to Christ. You have a choice to make here. When the Lord Jesus Christ was being nailed to the cross, two thieves were equally nailed to their own crosses on either side of Him. One of them said to the Lord, “I thought you called yourself a prophet, how come you cannot deliver yourself and deliver us also?” The second thief rebuked him saying, “While on your way to Hell, you are still talking like this?” Then he turned to Jesus and said “Lord, I don’t know if it is still possible, but when You get to Your Kingdom, please remember me.” The first thief chose to go from the cross to Hell, and he got his wish, while the second chose to go from the cross to paradise and it was so. What is your choice today?

ACTION POINT:
Visit www.spiritlessons.com and read up people’s accounts of their experience of Heaven and Hell. Wisely adjust your lifestyle based on your choice of eternal destination.

HYMN 11:

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2017

FRIDAY 7TH JULY, 2017

WHAT’S YOUR RESPONSE?

MEMORISE:
And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt. 1Samuel 24:5

READ:
2 Samuel 12:7-13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 18-19 & Ezekiel 2:8-3-3:15

One day, after being on the run for his dear life for quite some time, David finally had the chance to kill King Saul, his persecutor (1 Samuel 24:2-6). However, instead of doing this, he chose to simply cut off a part of Saul’s robe, to show that he harbored no ill feelings towards the king. Nevertheless, after carrying out this seemingly magnanimous act, his conscience pricked him. 1 Samuel 24:5 says,
“And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's” skirt.”
His heart asked him, “David, what have you done? Have you forgotten it is written, “Touch not my anointed?” he immediately lost his peace. That is the response of a true sheep belonging to a great shepherd. In addition to finding it easy to obey, a sheep that strays from the fold of the great shepherd will have his or her heart smitten. On the other hand, goats are hard-hearted. Are you a sheep or a goat? How many times have you spoken against the anointed of God without feeling any remorse? You mean you can sit down and discuss an anointed man of God for hours, pulling him apart and highlighting what you call his faults, forgetting that it’s only before his Maker that he stands or falls? Is your conscience dead or alive? The conscience of a goat is dead but that of a sheep is alive.
In today’s Bible reading, when Prophet Nathan visited David and narrated to him the story of a rich man with many sheep, who used his poor neighbor’s only lamb to entertain his visitors, David was furious. He declared that whoever carried out this act must die. Then the prophet looked at him and said, “you are the man! “Remember that Nathan was talking to the king of the land. If you expose a goat, he or she will be angry and pounce on you. If David had been a goat, immediately he was confronted with his sin, he would have ordered his guards to cut off the prophet’s head. If he wanted to be subtle, he could lure the prophet to attend a private dinner for them to discuss the matter further, where his wine would have been poisoned. However, what did David do? He said, “I am finished!”, and he began to confess his sins. What is your attitude when God’s word hits you? Do you say, “This pastor is preaching about me again? I wonder who reports me to him?’ Is your attitude the type that says, “Preacher, mind your own business?” How often have you broken down to weep over your atrocities? How many times have you cried to God for mercy, not caring about those people who are around you? Are you a goat or a sheep?

KEY POINT:
If you are a sheep, it will show in your response to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2017

SATURDAY 8TH JULY, 2017

PERMANENT PEACE IS POSSIBLE

MEMORISE:
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

READ:
Matthew 14:22-33

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 20-21 & Ezekiel 3:16-27

The Blood of Jesus Christ is a very potent weapon available to us today (Revelation 12:11). The moment you surrender your life to Jesus, victory comes, because the same blood that cleanses from all sins also conquers Satan. However, if the Blood does not first wash away your sins, you will remain a slave to the devil (Colossians 1:14). It is only after the Blood has worked on you through salvation that the same Blood gives you victory over Satan. For 13 years, I was running from witches and wizards, and then I met the Lord Jesus Christ. He saved me, and ever since then, no witch anywhere in the world can come close to me, because I am covered with the Blood of Jesus.
Moreover, apart from the Blood of Jesus that is made available to us after salvation, peace that surpasses human understanding is another benefit that comes in after the door of salvation is opened. In fact, while there is no peace to the wicked, peace like a river is made available to you if you are saved. Jesus, in John 14:27, says to you:
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
The One who comes into your heart the moment you are born again is the Prince of Peace; you therefore must experience peace in all areas of your life if you have received Him. I pray for you that as you receive Jesus into your life today or draw closer to Him, you will experience peace in every area of your life in Jesus’ Name. Have you been troubled? I speak peace from the Prince of Peace into your troubled situation now! Peace that passes all understanding shall locate you today! In addition, that peace that you receive from the Prince of Peace can be retained in your life. Yes, you can have permanent peace. How? Isaiah 26:3 says,
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
If you have Jesus, you have peace. Anytime you make Jesus your focus, your peace is sustained, and if Jesus remains your focus, you will have permanent peace irrespective of the raging storms of life. While Peter focused on Jesus, he could come out of the troubled boat and walk on water towards Jesus, but the moment he shifted his focus to the wind, he began to sink. What has been your focus? Through the peace that Jesus gives, you can now determine the quality of peace you experience and for how long it will last. Set your focus on the Prince of Peace today.

ACTION POINT:
Pray for every family that is experiencing storms to encounter the Prince of Peace and receive His peace that is beyond understanding.

HYMN 2:
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,

Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2017

SUNDAY 9TH JULY, 2017

THE HEALING TOUCH

MEMORISE:
And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. Matthew 8:3

READ:
Matthew 8:1-3
1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 22-23 & Ezekiel 4

There are many methods the God of all flesh uses in healing people. A leper once came to Jesus saying, “Lord, I know you can heal me, but I don’t know if it is your will”. Jesus touched him and said, it is My will to heal you; be clean”, and immediately, he received his healing. Through this encounter, we understand that the God of all flesh can heal you by His touch. Some people find it easy to believe that God can touch them spiritually, but they cannot believe that He can touch them physically. Yes, God still touches people physically today. Many years ago, we went to church on a Sunday morning, and after the service, we returned home to rest before going back to church for worker’s meeting in the afternoon. In those days, if you were late for worker’s meeting, you would be in serious trouble with my father-in-the-Lord. On this particular day, after the morning service, we came back home to rest. We decided that nobody would lie down lest we slept. Afterward, I went to pray in my room and fell asleep in the process. Then all of a sudden, I felt a strong hand pressing my leg down and I awoke. I glanced at my wristwatch and screamed because we were almost running late! I thought my wife woke me up, so I went to find her to thank her. However, when I got downstairs, expecting to meet her ready and waiting, I met her and the children fast asleep! I then realized I had received a divine touch. Today, the Lord will touch you physically and deliver your healing to you in Jesus’ Name!
On the other hand, the God of all flesh can just speak a word, and you will receive your healing. Hence, Psalm 107:20 says,
“He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
When the Lord Jesus Christ was going to heal Bartimaeus, he did not touch him but only spoke a word, and the blind man received his sight (Mark 10:52). He still does this today. During a holy Ghost Service we had, the lord announced that a woman with cervical cancer was in the congregation, and that the cancer was gone, adding that she should go and confirm with her doctor. Indeed, such a woman was there, and she received the word. She went to her doctor for a check-up, and she discovered that her cancer was indeed gone. Are you sick? Receive your healing now in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:
Thank God for the success of past Holy Ghost conventions. Pray that this year’s Convention will be the greatest ever experienced.

HYMN 5:
The sympathizing Jesus;

Refrain:
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

[Refrain]

3. All glory to the dying Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Saviour’s Name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]

4. His Name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
The charming Name of Jesus.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2017

DATE: MONDAY JULY 10TH 2017

THEME: THE LORD OUR REFUGE

Memorise:
But he passing through the midst of them went his way, Luke 4:30

Read: Luke 4:16-30
4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
4:23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
4:24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
4:26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
4:30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

God has several names and titles that will definitely benefit His children who have an understanding of the purpose and power in these names. It is one thing to know the names and titles of God and another thing to have the revelation behind them. When you receive the revelation of a particular name or title of God, you are brought into a covenant relationship with Him on the basis of that name, and as a result, you gain access to the benefits that such names or titles confer. May God reveal Himself to you by His Name today!
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
One of God’s powerful titles is that He is our Refuge. A refuge is a kind of shelter or a place of protection from harm, danger, trouble or pursuit of the enemy. Why is God a refuge? It is because He knows that in this evil world, people will encounter lots of dangerous situations and circumstances at some point in their lives. Do you know that even our Lord Jesus Christ faced dangers many times? However, because God the Father was His refuge, He was protected from them all. One instance of this is recorded in today’s Bible reading. After hitting the people of his childhood town of Nazareth with the truth, they became very angry with Him and decided to kill Him. Luke 4:29 says,
“And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.”
This was just one of the several failed attempts made on the life of Jesus Christ until He voluntarily surrendered Himself to die at Calvary (John 10:17-18). From today, every attempt on your life shall fail in Jesus’ Name! You shall not die before your appointed time! Every plan of premature death against you and members of your family shall be disappointed! God is our refuge because of the dangerous and evil times we may have to live through. One fellow who knew God as his Refuge was David. He faced great storms! Although his eyes saw troubles and great dangers, he could still say that while passing through treacherous valleys, he would not be afraid (Psalm 23:4). He could say this because he knew God as his refuge. God is our Refuge because He knows that the enemy will definitely pursue His children, and so they will need a place to hide. From today, you will hide safely in the Lord! The Lord will be a sure Refuge for you in Jesus’ Name!

Prayer Point:
Father, in these perilous times, hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 24-25
Ezekiel 5:1-12

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
Refrain:

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Refrain:

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2017

TUESDAY 11TH JULY, 2017

LEAVE A MARK

MEMORISE:
That the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 1:12

READ:
Acts 19:8-10

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 26-28 & Ezekiel 5:13-6:7

If you will be used by God to perform signs and wonders in these last days, you must have the heart of a missionary or church planter. In the days of early church, although there was a church in Jerusalem, Philip left his base and went to plant another church in Samaria (Acts 8:5). If God sees you as an incurable church planter, he will gladly use you in the miraculous. Take for instance Paul the apostle: today you would find him in Corinth, tomorrow he would be in Galatia and the next time, you would hear of him being in Colossae. As he travelled round these countries and cities, he kept planting churches. He hardly visited a city without leaving a mark behind for God’s Kingdom. No wonder the Bible records that the kind of miracles God performed through Paul were quite outstanding. Acts 19:11-12 says,
“And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.”
There are some lessons we can learn from the experience of Paul in this regard. The first is that having the opportunity to travel around the globe is a great privilege. There are people who enjoy travelling from one country to another. There are some people who are required by their official assignment or business transactions to move across countries. Some go to other places for school or simply on vacation. Whatever the reason for your travels, it is a great privilege. Every Christian traveller is expected to leave a godly mark behind in the places he or she visits. How can you visit a country for a week or two and not share the gospel of Jesus Christ with at least one person? You as a true believer in Christ should be able to have converts in the different countries you visit, and if you are there for a minimum of three to six months, you should be able to start a house fellowship, or even a church. By doing this, you will be opening the door for God to use you for signs and wonders. Have you travelled away from home without winning souls for Christ or establishing a house fellowship or church for His Name? Are you ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ? Use the opportunity of your travels across different locations to glorify God. Travelling is meaningful if you can leave a mark of God’s Kingdom behind.

KEY POINT:
One way of becoming a father of many nations is to have converts in every country you visit.

HYMN 13:
1. Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

2. Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.
Refrain:

3. Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2017

WEDNESDAY 12TH JULY, 2017

THE RESTORING SHEPHERD

MEMORISE:
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm23:3

READ:
Psalm23:1-3
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 29-31 & Ezekiel 6:8-7:4

For the sheep of the Great Shepherd, the infallible word of God in Psalm 23:3 guarantees restoration of that which is lost. Sometimes, God allows His chosen ones to experience a loss so that they can have the opportunity of experiencing Him as the Great Restorer. Be assured in your heart therefore that if you experience a loss that you did not cause by an act of carelessness or disobedience, you can obtain restoration. However, if you fail to ask for restoration, you may not experience it. In Joel 2:23-26, God promised to restore all categories of losses. Every good thing that you have lost shall be restored to you as you hold the Lord to His word, in Jesus’ Name.
Moreover, not only does the Great Shepherd restore physical and material losses to His sheep, He also restores them spiritually. Speaking of spiritual restoration, virtually all believers need this in some measure. In His letter to the Church at Ephesus, the Lord Jesus Christ told the brethren that they had left their first love, in other words, they needed spiritual restoration so that they could embrace the good things they did before, which they had abandoned. Revelation 2:5 says,
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”
For many of us, the zeal, love and fire with which we serve God when we first became saved have since ebbed. Our commitment, dedication and consecration are no longer the same. In those days, we made some vows to God such as “No Bible, no breakfast”, but are we still true to those pledges? We promised to win the world to Christ, saying that no day would pass without us winning a soul into the God’s Kingdom. How true is that today? Some of us are even so shy or afraid of speaking about Jesus at God-given opportunities. We prefer to read books, surf the internet, or visit social media sites than to preach in buses or cabs like we used to. We surely need spiritual restoration! To be restored, you need to recall how committed you were in time past, repent of your lukewarmness and pick up from where you stopped. Go back to consecration and holiness! Go back to reaching out to the lost on a daily basis! Do you know that no day should pass without you prospecting for sinners to be saved into God’s Kingdom? Ask God to restore you today!

KEY POINT:
Words like consecration, sanctification and dedication which were common place in Christianity of old are now almost completely out of our vocabulary today.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2017

DATE: THURSDAY JULY 13TH 2017

THEME: PRAY IN THE SPIRIT

Memorise:
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26
Read: Romans 8:26-27
8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Prayer is very important for every Christian. Most times, we pray in the language that we speak and understand, but sometimes, we get into a fix, not knowing exactly how best to pray on a particular subject matter. This may be caused by our limited knowledge of the situation or of the people involved in it. There are also times in which we are so weighed down by the pressures of life that our understanding cannot string together the right words with which we ought to pray. Our Heavenly Fathr knew ahead of time that we would find ourselves in such situations, and so He made provision for the Holy Spirit to help us out at such times. This ministry of the Holy Spirit is revealed to us in Romans 8:26, which says,
“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”
This passage of the Scripture clearly tells us that we do not know how best to pray. In other words, no matter how good you are in crafting prayers, the Holy Spirit knows better what needs to be said in prayer at any given time, and He will help you if only you can pray about issues in the spirit. The Holy Spirit can cover grounds that we cannot cover. For example, I cannot be at the Redemption Camp in Nigeria and know what is going on in Australia, England and other parts of the world, but the Holy Spirit knows everything. Even when I am at the Redemption Camp, I may not know how many women are in the maternity centre, there calling on God to assist them in delivering safely, but the Holy Spirit knows this. So when I do not know how to pray anymore, I hand it over to the Holy Spirit. He knows who needs prayers the most in any part of the world, and He will pray through me for them according to their need, even though I do not realize exactly what I am praying about. That is why I find it quite disturbing to hear that even in Pentecostal circles, there are some churches where they hardly pray in tongues. The Bible says we do not know how to pray as we should. Since you don’t know how to pray, why don’t you let the Holy Spirit help you by praying through you? Pray regularly in tongues. Pray at least for one hour daily, speaking in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives you utterance.

Prayer Point:
Spirit of Truth, knowing my limitations, please pray regularly through me with Your perfect knowledge of my situation.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 1-2
Ezekiel 7:5-22

HYMN 15: OH SPREAD THE TIDINGS ROUND
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts and human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come, the Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n, the Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past, the morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail and fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills the day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

3. Lo, the great King of kings, with healing in His wings,
To every captive soul a full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells the song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

4. O boundless love divine! How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell the matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell, should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2017

FRIDAY 14TH JULY, 2017

FOUNDATION: HOW STRONG?

MEMORISE:
Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:19

READ:
Psalm 11:3-5
3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 3-4 & Ezekiel 7:23-8:6

The foundation of any building or structure is very important. According to Proverbs 22:6, if a child is given the right foundation, it will be easy for him or her to build on it and succeed in life. The question then is, what kind of foundation are you laying for your child or ward? Do you know that some parents are the ones who push their children into destruction? For instance, if you have a child whose Christian foundation is not solidly established and you send such a child into the society with liberal values, don’t be surprised to see the child follow ungodly lifestyle. For this reason, when you are considering tertiary education for your child, also put into consideration how that child will access spiritual growth in the institution you want to send him or her to. An ideal school should be able to satisfy the academic, moral and spiritual needs of a child. All these should be well balanced. A child’s foundation is laid from kindergarten to university, after which the child will be able to continue in the righteous path of his or her upbringing. Do your children have a solid foundation in Christ? Is their foundation strong enough to carry whatever will be built on it?
On the other hand, the strength of a child’s foundation is a function of several factors such as: the spiritual level of the parents, the values upheld in that family, the parents’ level of education, the financial resources available to the child, and so on. It is true that you cannot give what you don’t have. This invariably means that as parents, the more you invest in your spiritual life, the greater the chances of giving your children a more solid foundation. Children learn a lot by simply copying their parents. Many parents engage in certain unhealthy habits and their children are watching them. The laughable thing is that some parents who practice unwholesome habits even warn their children not to try such. To believe that their children will take them seriously is to engage in self-deception. Some men have girlfriends and their children are aware of this, but they beg them never to tell their mothers. Some even bring such ladies home and bribe their children to keep their mouth shut. How can such children ever grow up to become faithful to their spouses? The strongest legacy you can give your children is to live the kind of life you desire to see in them.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to lay a very solid foundation for every member of my family.

HYMN 16:
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2017

SATURDAY 15TH JULY,2017

SALVATION: HOW GENUINE?

MEMORISE:
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

READ:
2 CORINTHIANS 7:9-11
9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 5-6 & Ezekiel 8:7-18

God’s offer of salvation is for all those who come to Him. To access this salvation however, there are certain criteria you must meet. For instance, you cannot experience salvation without genuine repentance. Unfortunately, there are people who think that they can be saved even without repenting from their sins. Some people believe that responding to an altar call for salvation is enough. No, it is not! Can you believe that when some people come out to answer an altar call, instead of repenting of their sinful lifestyles, they take pictures? Those who do so can only come out and go back the same way they came. This will not be your portion in Jesus’ Name! Heaven’s demands for obtaining salvation are clearly stated in Proverbs 28:13:
“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”
If you do not satisfy Heaven’s demand of confessing your sins to God and forsaking your sinful lifestyle, you will never be saved. If you claim to be born again, how did you get saved? Did you confess your sins to God out of a sorrowful heart and resolve not to return to your sinful lifestyle? If your salvation lacks this key foundational pillar, you will need to revisit the salvation experience.
In Luke 13:2-5, Jesus plainly taught His hearers that except they repented, they would perish like those who went before them. God does not want anyone to perish, but He wants us all to repent (2 Peter 3:9). God wants you to change your ways and to stop doing the wicked things you do. It is then you will obtain mercy from him. Today, the term “born again” has been so abused. Many people say they are born again but they do not even know what it means. If you are truly born again, you will receive genuine salvation that will completely turn your life around (2 Corinthians 5:17). When you come out to receive Jesus, you come out because you are truly sorry for your sins; you come out with a determination to change your ways. You need to come to the altar of God crying to Him for help, not only to forgive you your sins but to also change you inside out. When you do this, you will obtain salvation. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says it is godly sorrow that brings about repentance that yields salvation. Are you really born again? If your salvation is not genuine, go back to the cross of Calvary today!

KEY POINT:
Fake salvation can never produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

HYMN 11:

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;

3. My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry till I see Jesus;

FRIDAY 14TH JULY, 2017

FOUNDATION: HOW STRONG?

MEMORISE:
Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:19

READ:
Psalm 11:3-5
3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 3-4 & Ezekiel 7:23-8:6

The foundation of any building or structure is very important. According to Proverbs 22:6, if a child is given the right foundation, it will be easy for him or her to build on it and succeed in life. The question then is, what kind of foundation are you laying for your child or ward? Do you know that some parents are the ones who push their children into destruction? For instance, if you have a child whose Christian foundation is not solidly established and you send such a child into the society with liberal values, don’t be surprised to see the child follow ungodly lifestyle. For this reason, when you are considering tertiary education for your child, also put into consideration how that child will access spiritual growth in the institution you want to send him or her to. An ideal school should be able to satisfy the academic, moral and spiritual needs of a child. All these should be well balanced. A child’s foundation is laid from kindergarten to university, after which the child will be able to continue in the righteous path of his or her upbringing. Do your children have a solid foundation in Christ? Is their foundation strong enough to carry whatever will be built on it?
On the other hand, the strength of a child’s foundation is a function of several factors such as: the spiritual level of the parents, the values upheld in that family, the parents’ level of education, the financial resources available to the child, and so on. It is true that you cannot give what you don’t have. This invariably means that as parents, the more you invest in your spiritual life, the greater the chances of giving your children a more solid foundation. Children learn a lot by simply copying their parents. Many parents engage in certain unhealthy habits and their children are watching them. The laughable thing is that some parents who practice unwholesome habits even warn their children not to try such. To believe that their children will take them seriously is to engage in self-deception. Some men have girlfriends and their children are aware of this, but they beg them never to tell their mothers. Some even bring such ladies home and bribe their children to keep their mouth shut. How can such children ever grow up to become faithful to their spouses? The strongest legacy you can give your children is to live the kind of life you desire to see in them.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to lay a very solid foundation for every member of my family.

HYMN 16:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2017

MONDAY 17TH JULY, 2017

NO SHAKING!

MEMORISE:
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Psalm 46:2

READ:
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 10-11 & Ezekiel 10:3-19

When you have God as your refuge, you stand to derive numerous benefits. Having God as your Refuge places you in an advantageous position and makes you truly blessed. One of the blessings that money cannot buy is having divine cover over your life that keeps you safe from the enemy. If you consider your strengths and weaknesses, and take a stock of the opportunities and threats you are exposed to continuously, you will realize that having God as a Refuge is priceless benefit indeed. With God as your cover, you are shielded from so many attacks of the enemy. Even the losses that are programmed to come your way are terminated by God before they get to you. If you are not yet enjoying the strength of God’s cover, you are experiencing a big minus in your life.
Another benefit of having God as your Refuge is that His strength will be made available to help you in the time of trouble. Speaking about God’s strength, 1 Corinthians 1:25b gives this insight:
“…. and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”
In several scriptures, Good promises to help us in the time of need. For instance, Psalm 50:15 says,
“And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
If God is not your Refuge and you call on Him when you need help, He may not respond to you. On the other hand, He easily responds to those under His cover. Are you under God’s cover? Is He your Refuge?
Moreover, when God is your Refuge, no matter what happens, there is no cause for alarm. Just think about this for a minute: Psalm 46:2-3 says that as you are under God’s cover, when there is an earthquake and uproar in the seas or even if the mountains are blown off their locations, you will still be safe where you are. Praise God! It is an anomaly for you to be under God’s protective cover and still be afraid of storms of life. Beloved, do not be scared of the storms confronting you! Don’t be afraid of the earthquake! Don’t even shake when the unmovable are moved from their secured places. Why? As long as God is your Refuge, you cannot be moved. Whatever cannot move God cannot move you. If out of fear, you have been displaced from under God’s cover, in the Name of Jesus Christ, as you repent of your lack of faith, the Lord will return you to the place of His Refuge! With God as your Refuge, there is no shaking for you!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, because You are my Refuge, let everything that is designed to shake me fail.

HYMN 9:
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;

Refrain:
And exchange it someday for a crown.

Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2017

TUESDAY 18TH JULY, 2017

WHAT ABOUT YOUR HOUSEHOLD?

MEMORISE:
One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 1Timothy 3:4

READ:
Acts 21:8-9
8 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.
9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 12-13 & Ezekiel 10:20-11:13

Philips was a church planter, obedient, submissive to authority, had a servant spirit and was a man of good report. Beyond these, another valuable trait he had which made God use him mightily for signs and wonder is the fact that he was a man of total commitment to God. Philip served God, but it did not end with him alone; he ensured that his family members followed the same godly path. Joshua who declared the children of Israel that he and his household had decided to follow the Lord alone (Joshua 24:15), Philip decided in a determined way that everyone in his household would serve God. In our Bible reading, we are told that he had four virgin daughters, who were all saved, filled with the Holy Spirit and operated in the gift of prophecy. This clearly shows us that he lead his household in the way of the Lord. It also me and that he was a good role model to his children. They saw how real the Christian faith was in the life of their father and they desired it. Do your children follow the Christ you claim to follow? Are you a good role model for them? Does your life attract them to become true children of God?
Joshua in Joshua 24:15 said,
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Contrary to this stance, it is very unfortunate that today, some parents make excuse for the lukewarmness or even godlessness exhibited by their children and wards. Such parents may say, “Sir, you don’t understand; my children are now in the university”. Are they implying that children in the university should not obey their parents anymore, or that such children are incapable of doing God’s will? Some will even say, “We believe that when it comes to the issue of faith, it should be voluntary”. Is it alright if your children voluntarily go to hell? No way! No child should be left to take such a foolish decision! It is your duty to instruct your household after you in the way of the Lord. My biological children, who are now adults, can testify to how I raised them up. None of them dared to come late for morning devotion. If you were late, you would remain standing or be spanked. Joshua commanded his family to serve the Lord. No wonder he was able to command the sun to stand still and it did. If you can instruct your household to genuinely serve God, you will be able to command what God created, and they will obey you. Who is in charge of your home: you or your children?

KEY POINT:
If you raise your children well to follow and serve the Lord, he will reward you, but if you don’t, he will judge you.

HYMN 16:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2017

THURSDAY 20TH JULY, 2017

ABANDONING GOD’S ASSIGNMENT?

MEMORISE:
Ye looked for much, and, lo it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house. Haggai 1:9

READ:
Haggai 1:5-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 15-16 & Ezekiel 12:7-20

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
The above scripture clearly tells us that God can be for us. It is so reassuring to know that God can stand for you. Whenever He is for you, anyone against you is in trouble. However, do you know that just as God can be for you, He can also be against you? Yes, He can! If you check through the scriptures, you will see many instances where God stirred up the enemies of his children to fight against them (Judges 4:1-3, Judges 6:1-10). They remained defeated until they realized their evil, repented and ran back to God. Judges 13:1 says,
“And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord delivered them into the hand of the Philistines forty years.”
Every time you turn away from God, violate His word or live to gratify your fleshly lusts, you turn Him against you.
Moreover, God can personally fight or frustrate the efforts of His children. In our Bible reading, because some people refused to complete the building of God’s house, he decided to frustrate their personal efforts. It is frightening to see the extent God can go to infighting His own children! In Haggai 1:6, it is written that his people worked like elephants but brought harvest of ants. They ate but were never satisfied, and their thirst could not be quenched no matter how much water they drank. No matter how many clothes they wore, they could not get warm. They worked and were paid, but kept losing their wages. Haggai 1:9 even goes further to say that if they managed to bring in any little gain, God would blow it away. God also prevented the heavens from releasing rain and the earth from releasing its increase. He went further to declare a famine on their land. This was God fighting His children and not any devil! Why the fight? It was because they abandoned God’s house and focused on building their own mansions with the resources God had given them. If you abandon God’s assignment or project in pursuit of yours, you are calling for God’s hammer. In any way you have erred, repent today and return to what you abandoned, and the Lord will turn away from His anger.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, prosper all your missionaries in mission fields across the globe. Back them up with signs and wonders. Help them to win souls and to disciple your end-time army.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be

2. Take my hands and let them move

3. Take my voice and let me sing,

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Open Heaven Daily Devotional

DO AFFLICTIONS SWALLOW

YOUR GOD? Friday July

21 st 2017

Memorise: For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Job 19:25
Read: Job 19:23-27 (KJV)
19:23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
19:24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
19:27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Bible in one year: 2 nd

Samuel 17:18, Ezekiel 12:21-13:7,

Prophecies are great tools that God uses to intervene in the situations His people’s lives. Every prophecy has certain conditions attached to it to trigger its actualisation. Knowing this truth, one particular year, when the Almighty God said that there would be an overflow in that year, I immediately realised that there was some work to be done. When He then asked us to fast for 100 days, I was not surprised. Understanding such a task was not an easy one, but obedience to it produced a great harvest in joy, overflowing blessings and much more. This is your season of overflow of God’s blessings in Jesus’ Name!
In 1 st King 17:8-16 , when Elijah asked the widow of Zarephath to bring him some food, her response is worthy of note.

1 st Kings 17:12 a says,
“And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse:”
In other words, she took a good look at Elijah and said, “I know your God”. Daniel 11:32 says if you know the Almighty God, you will be empowered to do exploits. ‘ Exploits’ here refers to activities that are way beyond the ordinary. God is in the business of doing exploits. It takes God to turn the hideout of highway robbers into a beautiful godly city. It takes the God of exploits to construct the present auditorium at the Redemption Camp, even with its staggering cost. If you ever want to see exploits, you must know this God personally.
In addition, not only did this widow know Elijah’s God, she also declared Him to be alive. One of the most profound statements in the Bible was made by Job. In Job 19:25, He said:
“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.”
At the time he said this, he was in a most distressing situation. Things were very bad indeed. He had lost all his wealth, property, children and even his health. However, in spite of his ordeal, he still proclaimed that God was alive. Many people tend to believe that God is not alive or that He is not who He says He is, just because of the severe trials of faith they are facing. Problems can never take God away. He doesn’t cease to exist just because He has not answered your prayers. How much faith can you repose in God while going through difficult times? This is a true test of your character.

Action Point
Ask God to open more doors for us to reach the unreached countries with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2017

SATURDAY 22ND JULY, 2017

MISDIRECTED REQUESTS

MEMORISE:
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. James 4:3

READ:
Genesis 30:1-2
1 And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
2 And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 19-20 & Ezekiel 13:8-19

In Matthew 6:9-13, the Lord thought His disciples the right way to pray. Prayer is an outcry in order to be victorious. Usually, when an individual encounters a problem too big to handle, he will call for the help of others. In the midst of a famine, when Elijah went to ask for water and food from the widow of Zarephath, he was simply praying (1 King 17:8-16). Also, when this widow’s son died and she cried to the man of God to restore him back to life, that was a prayer (1 Kings 17:17-23). Furthermore, when Rachel asked Jacob to give her children, she was praying (Genesis 30:1). In 2 Kings 6:25-29, we see a woman praying to the King for help in enforcing her agreement to feed on another woman’s son after her own son had been devoured. From all these cases, it can be established that prayer can be made to individuals, Kings, men of god and ultimately, to God Himself. People also pray to the devil and his agents, when they go to them for help. There are some believers who go to their village to cry to their unsaved parents for help over a nagging issue. Such parents are compelled to consult their oracle and apply charms in resolving these issues. When this occurs, that believer has been brought into covenant with the idols consulted, thereby giving the demonic spirits behind such idols the right to manipulate their lives. Be very careful who you run to for help!
When Rachel asked Jacob to give her children in Genesis 30:1, Jacob got angry. Rachel even threatened to commit suicide if she did not have children. Her husband’s response in Genesis 30:2b says it all:
“Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?”
She was directing her right request to the wrong quarters. What she was asking was beyond his ability. Many times, we pray to the wrong person or send our desires to those who cannot truly help us. The Bible in Psalm 60:11 says,
“Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.”
Are you channeling your request to man instead of God? Stop doing so today! God is the only one with all the resources to meet all your needs; therefore, it is wise to direct your entire requests and cries to Him alone. As you do so, He will hear you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, visit all the widows in my local church; meet their needs and that of their children. Also, keep them pure and ready for your coming.

HYMN 2:
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,

Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Can we find a friend so faithful,

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST.ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

MONDAY 24TH JULY,2017

LIVING IN FEAR?

MEMORISE:
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

READ:
1 John 4:17-18
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 23-24 & Ezekiel 14:12-23

If you have God as your Refuge, you have a priceless treasure because this gives you access to help in times of trouble. With God as your Refuge, irrespective of what is happening around you, you have no cause to panic. As unlikely as this may sound, it is possible to be under God’s cover and be unaffected by every satanic missile flying around both day and night (Psalm 91:5-6). Due to negative influences from their environment, some people have grown up with a particular phobia for the last quarter of the year. Between January and August, they go about their normal business activities with boldness, but as the month of September approaches, fear envelopes their hearts. As they read or hear of various accidents happening here and there, their fear is heightened. Some people allow this condition to degenerate to the extent that fear redefines all their remaining activities of the year. They may have to cancel all their air travel for fear of air crash. Even their road trips would be seriously reduced for fear of road accidents. They try as much as possible to confine themselves to their houses and will therefore give all kinds of excuses for not accepting any assignment or invitation during that period. Such people are being manipulated by fear!
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18
If you live in fear, you are in Satan’s bondage (Hebrew 2:15). Your love for God and fellow brethren cannot be perfected if you still create room for fear. When you live in fear, you give the devil so much attention, thereby empowering him over your life and destiny. Whatever or whoever you fear controls you. Luke 1:74 says we were saved to serve God without fear. So if you say you are born again but you still live in fear, you need to know who you are serving, because you should not live in fear of anything while serving God. You cannot have the fear of God in your heart and the fear of the devil at the same time. The moment you begin to fear the devil or is agents, you drift into bondage. If you are sure of your salvation but still live in fear, check yourself; it is likely you are ignorant of who you are in Christ. Also, as a child of God, when you engage in disobedience or harbour a secret sin in your heart, you lose your confidence and fear sets in. If this is your case, repent of your sin and fully turn to God!

ACTION POINT:
If your heart is always filled with fear, invest time to study who you are in Christ from the book of Ephesians.

HYMN 9:
The emblem of suffering and shame;

Refrain:
And exchange it someday for a crown
Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,
Refrain:

Refrain
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2017

TUESDAY 25TH JULY, 2017

ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES

MEMORISE:
For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Psalm 51:3

READ:
Psalm 51:1-4

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 1 & Ezekiel 15:1-16:5

As believers, although we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, we are still capable of making mistakes, because of the nature of the body our spirit man still inhabits. Until we shed this body and put on the glorious body of the resurrected Christ, we will still be prone to mistakes and error (1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 1 Corinthians 15:52-54). Hence, we need to be more prayerful and careful in all our dealings (Matthew 26:41). To reach your God-given goal, you must avoid mistakes. You must avoid falling too. If you however fall, you can humbly and sorrowfully admit your mistake. After David fell into the sin of adultery and murder, he said,
“For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.” Psalm 51:3
If you sin, admit that you have sinned. 2 Corinthian 7:9-10 says godly sorrow leads you to repentance. Those who are close to me can testify to the fact that whenever something goes wrong with whatever I’m working on, the first question I asked myself is, “where have I gone wrong?”
You cannot make progress if you keep passing the buck or shifting blame. It is easy to make excuses. The lazy and the proud will look for every reason to justify their weaknesses or failure. When you acknowledge and confess your weaknesses to God, you trigger a release of God’s power to enable you live above them. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says,
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
In the parable of the talents, the man with the five talents never gave any excuse for why he should not succeed; hence, he was able to double his talent (Matthew 25:14-30). The man with two talents equally made no room for excuses, and so, he too doubled his talents. The man with one talent however came up with excuses for non-performance. If you are always quick to explain away your failures, it is because you are too proud to admit your mistakes. Who does not make mistakes? When you err, admit your wrong doing. Studying mathematics taught me that I can be wrong. Many people find it difficult to accept that they are wrong. If you try to prove to them that they are wrong, they will do everything possible to wriggle out of it. Explaining away your wrong-doing does not make you any less guilty. Have you made any mistake? Sorrowfully admit your error and ask for forgiveness.

KEY POINT:
Admitting your mistake is not a sign of weakness like many think. Rather, it is a manifestation of strength of character.

HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

2. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2017

WEDNESDAY 26TH JULY, 2017

ACCESSING DIVINE COUNSEL

MEMORISE:
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

READ:
John 17:15-17
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 2 & Ezekiel 16:6-22

Access to divine guidance is one yardstick you can use to determine whether you are a sheep in the fold of Jesus Christ, the Great Shepherd. This is very central to our walk with God, as it determines the status of our relationship with Christ. Amassing years in the faith is not as important as increasing the frequency of receiving divine guidance. This means that if you received Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour some 5, 10, 20 or more years ago, but still cannot easily be led by the Spirit of God on various matters, you are hardly growing spiritually. Romans 8:14 says,
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
A close walk with the Holy Spirit is the bedrock for receiving divine guidance. In John 16:13, Jesus clearly stated one major reason why the Holy Spirit was sent to the world. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, and so it falls within the purview of His duties to guide you along the path of truth. If you have a knotty issue that cannot be unravelled, simply go to the Holy Spirit, and He will guide you aright. He operates in the realm of truth and not necessarily facts. Some people equate facts with truth but that is not often the case. Just as lies are a distortion of the facts, facts can sometimes be contrary to truth. Facts are observations that have been subjected to interpretations based on current knowledge, and because knowledge changes, facts can also change.
What then is truth? The Lord Jesus Christ answers this question in John 17:17:
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
The word of God is truth. Also, the Godhead is an embodiment of truth. In fact, Jesus in John 14:6 declared:
“…I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Truth is based on faith. If you will receive divine guidance, you must be prepared to walk in God’s path of truth. The truth is ever constant. God wants His children to walk with the truth and not necessarily facts. When a child of God is ill for example, the fact is that there are physical signs and manifestations of the ailment on the individual, but the truth is that Jesus has already paid the price for the healing of every child of God. For this reason, the Bible says we walk by faith (truth) not by sight (facts) (2 Corinthians 5:7). This means, you must be a person of faith. You must live by the truth and not contradict God’s word by your lifestyle. Also, you cannot be telling lies and expect the truth of God to be revealed to you. Choose to live by truth today.

KEY POINT:
A liar cannot receive a revelation of the Truth until he or she is ready to dump falsehood.

HYMN 15:
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts
And human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue
Proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come,
The Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n,
The Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round,
Wherever man is found —
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past,
The morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail
And fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills
The day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

3. Lo, the great King of kings,
With healing in His wings,
To every captive soul
A full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells
The song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

4. O boundless love divine!
How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell
The matchless grace divine
That I, a child of hell,
Should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain]

5. Sing till the echoes fly
Above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above
To all below reply,
In strains of endless love,
The song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
[Refrain:]
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2017

THURSDAY 27TH JULY, 2017

WHOLENESS IS POSSIBLE

MEMORISE:
And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. Luke 17:19

READ:
Luke 17:12-19

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 3-4 & Ezekiel 16:23-43

After reflecting on the goodness of God, David wrote in Psalm 103:1
“Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.”
The lame man in Acts 3:1-8 must have taken a cue from David in praising God. After his burden of 40 years was lifted, he praised God in a very dramatic way, just like David did in times past. When David praised God, his entire body was fully involved. He went to such great extent as removing his royal robes and dancing before God like one of his subjects (2 Samuel 6:14-16). He was used to leaping in praise and honor of the Most High. Have you ever leaped to give God praise?
After God has lifted your burden, in addition to praising Him, you can give Him generous thanks- not the kind of thanks that has to be squeezed forcefully out of you. Thank Him from a heart overflowing with gratitude. Some people are just too stingy! Not only do they find it difficult to give God a good offering from what he had already provided for them, they also find it difficult to give Him thanks. What such people fail to realize is that stinginess has never helped the stingy. What you hoard will go stale, become useless or be lost. Give God thanks and do it with a heart full of gratitude.
Moreover, if you give God quality thanks, you will definitely receive something in return. In other words, when God does something for you and you thank Him generously, He becomes so impressed that He gives you something else in addition to what precipitated your thanksgiving. When all is said and done, you end up with double blessings. Those who give shabby thanks or do not give thanks at all cannot get a second blessing, and if care is not taken, they may even lose their initial blessings to the devil. If you look at the example of the 10 lepers who were healed by the lord Jesus Christ in today’s bible reading, you will discover that thanksgiving opens the door to a very special blessing: wholeness! This is a type of blessing that no gates of hell can prevent. When God makes you whole, everyone will know about it. Wholeness is the height of restoration. It is a return to the original state you were in before a burden was placed on you. As you thank God from today, you shall receive the blessing of wholeness in Jesus’ Name.

KEY POINT:
Father, as I thank and worship You today, please make me whole.

HYMN 5:
The sympathizing Jesus;
Refrain:

Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

Refrain:

3. All glory to the risen Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the name of Jesus.
Refrain:

4. His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
The charming name of Jesus.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 2:04am On Jul 29, 2017

SATURDAY 29TH JULY, 2017

HELP FROM ABOVE

MEMORISE:
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2

READ:
Psalm 121: 1-4
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 7 & Ezekiel 16:59-17:10

The reason why many people pray without getting answers is because their prayers are actually directed to men instead of God. Today, many people seeking jobs, contracts, spouses and admission into academic institutions prefer to ask for help from those they believe can assist them instead of going to the true source of help: God. The truth about receiving help from man is that men are most unreliable, limited in resources and ability and can be swayed by situations and circumstances. Where do you channel your request to?
In 2 Kings 6:26, a woman in dire need cried to the King for help, and the King responded to her cry with these words:
“…If the Lord do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?” 2 Kings 6:27
This king recognized that God is the true source of help we all need. No wonder David, in today’s Bible reading, said that he would look up to the source of his help: God. Who is your helper? To whom do you turn or run for help in time of need? God is the true Helper because He is the All-Sufficient God. He is the creator and owner of the earth and everything in it (Psalm 24:1). He has all the ability, knowledge and power, and so He can do anything, answer any question and solve all problems. Ecclesiastes 5:8 says He is higher than everyone and everything, and so He is above all. Psalm 91:1 calls Him the Most High. He is also the most influential, because the mention of His Name compels everything and everyone else to bow to Him (Philippians 2:9-11). He is so powerful that with just a simple statement, the toughest of requests is granted (Psalm 33:8-9). His word is final on any issue; hence, you do not need to accept any negative verdict from any other source (Lamentations 3:37). He stands as the Universal Judge who can upturn any judgment as He pleases in favour of those He loves. It is a great privilege to have access to this God, table requests before Him and receive answers to our requests. If you find it difficult to make your requests known to God, it is obvious that you do not know Him, or you are proud. From now on, make it a habit to praise and worship Him and thereafter make your request known to the true Helper (Philippians 4:6). He will help you today.

ACTION POINT:
Spend an hour thanking God for how He has helped you thus far, and then ask for His help on every difficult situation you are confronted with.

HYMN 4:
1. Through the love of God, our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All will be well;
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us,
All will be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation,
All will be well.
Happy when in God confiding,
Fruitful if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit's guiding,
All will be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All will be well;
On our Father's love relying,
In our living, in our dying,
All will be well.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2017

SUNDAY 30TH JULY, 2017

DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS II

MEMORISE:
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 1 Timothy 6:11

READ:
1 Timothy 6:6-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 8 & Ezekiel 17: 11-24

On the 23rd of this month, we established that financial storms can breed hatred and discrimination against the poor, and even make them contemplate suicide. Beyond these, financial storm can lead to a situation where people would resort to doing unimaginable things to survive a few more days, weeks or months, just like it happened in Samaria, where people began to eat their own children (2 Kings 6:26-29). When you speak of such scenarios, some people think this can never happen; but not too long ago in Nigeria, a woman was caught after selling her child just to get some money for food. This is almost the same as eating one’s child. When she was arrested, she begged everyone to listen to her story first before judging her. She said she decided to sell her child because she could no longer afford to feed herself and her child. She reasoned that whoever bought the child would feed her, thereby increasing her chances of survival. She explained that if she kept the child, they would both die of hunger, and that from the proceeds of selling her child, at least for a while, her own chances of survival would increase also. She probably never thought that her child could be killed and used for rituals!
Moreover, financial storms drive some people to consult the devil and swallow charms in their desperate bid to prosper. Some of such people are compelled to go to the graveyard at a specific period every month to eat there in order to sustain their wealth. The fear of poverty has really led many people into unthinkable and damnable things they would never have attempted with a sane mind. It is most unfortunate that many believers have allowed themselves to be caught in this same evil net. 1 Timothy 6:9 says,
“But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.”
God has a plan for everyone who comes to Him. In that plan, there is provision to meet all of their needs. However, to partake of the benefits of that divine provision, every child of God would have to follow certain divine principles. In Matthew 6:24-34, Jesus gives the blueprint for this, based on which you would have to focus on God and His Kingdom. If you do this faithfully, then God will make you His focus. It is unfortunate that several people prefer to focus on their needs at the expense of their relationship with God; they keep drifting further away from God’s sure place of provision. If you have drifted away from God in your search for bread, retrace your steps today!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, by Your mercy, terminate every financial storm in my life and family today.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotion By Pastor E. A. Adeboye by Julivas(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
MONDAY 31ST JULY, 2017
PROVISION BEFORE NEED
MEMORISE:
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2 Peter 1:3
READ:
2 Peter 1:1-4
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 9-10
Ezekiel 18: 1-18
“God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.” Psalm 46:5
From the above passage of scripture, one great benefit available to those who have God as their Refuge is that the help or assistance they need will never be late. There are at least three different times an individual can receive assistance. It could be before, during or after one experience a need. If a need or an emergency arises today and you already have the wherewithal to meet that need, maybe from your earnings from paid employment or a business venture, you have already received help before that need arose. This is a great place to be in! Some families already have all they will ever need to take care of their children and pay their way up to post-graduate degree programme, even before this need arises. Such people will never panic for school fees. This is an example of provision before need, and it describes a state of living in abundance. You will experience such in Jesus' Name!
Moreover, do you know that God follows this same pattern in dealing with His children? For example, before God created Adam and Eve, all they would ever need had been provided for in the Garden of Eden which God Himself planted. God knows exactly what you need even before you express or voice out your request (Matthew 6:32). Do you know that God has already provided all you would ever need to live a victorious Christian life and to fulfill your God-given destiny? The Holy Spirit speaks about this to us in 2 Peter 1:3 where He says;
“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:”
It is therefore possible for you to be a beneficiary of provision before need. However, one major challenge for most people with regards to this benefit is that when there is provision to meet their future needs, they become careless, frivolous and wasteful. When God provides ahead of time, it is possible to spend it on other things outside God’s purpose. You therefore need divine guidance even in plenty. Having abundance does not justify wastefulness in God’s Kingdom. However, to partake of this great benefit, you need to increase your knowledge of the Provider, walk in obedience to Him, follow spiritual financial principles and wait on His directives always.
ACTION POINT:
What some people waste daily is more than enough to feed several needy, hungry people. To trigger blessings from the Lord, such excess should be spent on meeting the needs of others.
HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
Sent from the Saviour above.
Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Predicted The Nigeria Floods / Info About Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria / Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 350
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.