Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,531 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar (634 Views)

1000 Viewers Storm Anthony Joshua’s Family House In Sagamu, Ogun State / See Photo Of The Survivors Of The Football Viewing Center Tragedy In Calabar / 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by jimfarayola(m): 12:59am On Apr 21, 2017
Over 30 people are feared dead at a football viewing centre in Calabar, the Cross River State capital after being electrocuted by a high tension cable that reportedly fell on them.

The football fans are said to have assembled at the centre to watch a UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite television.

Channels Television correspondent in Calabar reported that the live electricity cable broke from its mooring and fell on the viewers.

A witness, who said he was the first to run out of the viewing centre, told Channels Television that the victims died as a result of a contact between the live cable and the roof of the viewing centre.

Electricity authorities said it is illegal to erect any building around areas with high tension cables.

The football fans are said to have assembled at the centre to watch a UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite television.

Channels Television correspondent in Calabar reported that the live electricity cable broke from its mooring and fell on the viewers.

A witness, who said he was the first to run out of the viewing centre, told Channels Television that the victims died as a result of a contact between the live cable and the roof of the viewing centre.

Electricity authorities said it is illegal to erect any building around areas with high tension cables.

Channels Television

Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by icedfire(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2017
Me wey dey like viewing centre because it's boring watching a live match alone.. I guess I will have to be more careful

1 Like

Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by Desyner: 2:02am On Apr 21, 2017
Traggic! R I P TO THEM.
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by bankyblue(m): 2:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Jesus! What a lost. See waiting red devil don do?
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by snowden9(m): 2:55am On Apr 21, 2017
The way at which death takes people these days is so alarming.Its as if the grim reaper has been given a target to meet before the end of the year.
May none of us be in its calendar.
Rip to these football faithfuls.
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by tit(f): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2017
Is a pity!
buhari, carry your wahalla and go!
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by optional1(f): 3:19am On Apr 21, 2017
RIP to the dead die hard football lovers....
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by redcliff: 3:25am On Apr 21, 2017
Before i said life expectancy in nigeria is 39... i was wrrong.. make that 30years. Shithole of a nation.
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by Mynd44: 3:57am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Over 30 Football Viewers Electrocuted In Calabar by giddexdguru: 4:08am On Apr 21, 2017
Register and get $5(N2500) free. Also work online and get money http://.net/7nJALh

(1) (Reply)

. / Top Ten Most Expensive Chelsea Signings Ever / I'm Not Leaving Arsenal.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.