Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. (33939 Views)

Ayodele Oke: Senate Probes $289m Cash Payment To Ex-NIA DG / NIA Collected $289m Cash From NAPIMS Account In 2015 / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by GoodMuyis(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2017
abescom:
This particular case has a good chance of messing GEJ up big time and if PMB doesn't pursue this case to a point where Nigerians are satisfied, it will mess him up too.

However, the idiots shouting the money belongs to Amaechi can now shut up or provide evidence.

The case would have beind resolved behind closed door, Buhari and co know this and may wanted to resolve it silently but loud mouthed PDP and their sympathizers force Buhari to make it public.

Now Oga Jona is indicted,

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by eph12(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Ovamboland:

And your treatise did not wonder why the hero of democracy, the meek one, father of rebased GDP did not deem it fit to include the existence of that money or the entire covert operation worth over 40 billion naira in his handover note to his successor.

Oh I see the money is small, chicken change so it can be easily forgotten
Did you see the part where he said it was reported to Moguno last year?
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by atakamus: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Jonathan released a lot of things ooo. Why I no meet this guy? Him for release my own. He released sperm, money, women etc. GEJ the highest releaser.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by GoldHorse(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2017
rusher14:

Shut up you hungry urchin.

I'm sick and tired of people trying to make sense with you lot when evidently you have no brain and intend to obfuscate clear cases of corruption.

Are you not a jobless worm?

Have you ever held a million naira of your own or are you not living from hand to mouth?

Bloody poverty stricken liliputian.

Day in day out we come across how people have stolen your destiny and made you live like the pauper you are. Yet, you won't allow those that try to fix it for you make any headway.

I don't mind if I get banned for this but the truth must be told.

INGRATE.

Please leave all these fools alone. Most are so hate blinded to realise that there could actually be a much better Nigeria for all of us if these thieves are put in check.

4 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by oyinkinola: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Rexleo:
. Mr.use your tongue to count your teeth,some thing is fundamentally wrong with the narrative. CBN was asked who that trench of money was released to since no hand as touched it .CBN said they could not trace,that is totally incredible.2,how could dollars that were minted in 2016 be released in 2015.who is the owner of that apartment not just some dash dash as we are been told.I can never forget the interview Diya granted sometime back about Abacha loot he said if not for hard evidence he will not have believed Abacha was stealing money because here was a man who will not even approve some expenditure and that a times it takes god for him to approve some.some thing is just fundamentally wrong with this there story and to tell you categorical this money was just looted in this present administration or it is a kickback from a multinational firm from contract award that I am very sure.case in point Haliburton.if CBN can not trace the source
...the relative of looters!
the only evidence left to you to hang on is.........how could dollars that were minted in 2016 be released in 2015
your boss and his collabo...gej will answer that, what we know is that the money is found in your home!
if it was minted in otuoke in year 2050!
it's not our own concern!
jona will explain!
bunch of criminals!

4 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Rexleo(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=kachi105 post=55766561]Why was the money in an apartment instead of the NIA bank account?. I thought they said that the stamps on the dollar wraps carried April 2017?. Someone is lying here, the cover up stories are not sinking in very well[/quote. you know when people concoct lies at very high level things like that will be overlooked, like the time the dollars were minted and the time stamp on release into a community or place of business. Make them they lie give themselves. Something must have gone wrong BTW people who are to share this money now in this present govt that is all I can say for now and one of them snitched.]
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by bakynes(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2017
For the GEJ fans ask yourself, GEJ approved $289m for coveted operations for the elections. He lost the election, he had another 2-3months before handing over, why didn't he recall the DG NIA to account for the money spent and return the rest of the money to the CBN. This is the same thing that happened when he approved money for PDP Stalwarts to work for him at the elections but they ended up diverting the funds.

Ask yourselves again GEJ fans what happened to the 22 billion naira contributions raised by friends of PDP after the PDP primaries? Wasn't that enough for the elections? He had to deep another hand into the NPIMS account in the CBN.

GEJ is a thief and had no sympathy for anybody but himself and his goons.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by wirinet(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2017
ahbey:
You guys should leave GEJ alone. The DG said he informed the present Security team of the said money....So why did they tell the President such monies is existing somewhere....They should tell us the real owner of this monies....and stop deceiving us..

So we should leave GEJ alone when the NIA DJ said he approved the money for "covert operations"? Should we not ask GEJ what happened to the balance $289 minus $43 millions. Which covert operations was $246 millions used for between February 2015 when the money was approved and may 2015 when Jonathan handed over?
So you are still asking for the real owners when the DG of NIA has claimed that the money belongs to NIA, you people are blind, dumb and deaf to reason.

6 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by magoo10(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Goddex: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2017
GoodMuyis:

GEJ is indicted?
How please?

I can bet that your filthy lying Buhari govt is plotting a cover-up of their own corrupt mess

I challenge them to dare invite GEJ for questioning on this matter if they are not lying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by magoo10(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2017
when this incompetent govt continue to fail Nigerians back to back and have no explanations for their gullible supporters they remember there is a Jonathan somewhere who can make an interesting story to turn away the guplible minds from the realities of their failure.
Is yemi osibanjo now the efcc chairman?
Is this case not a financial crime and why is the efcc and icpc which are the agency mandated by the constitution to handle financial crime not the ones handling this financial crime against lawal and oke.
this clueless incompetent govt and its gullible supporters should know that Nigerians are wiser than all this their shenanigans, it is mere crap.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by jericco1(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2017
Afamed:

Na so my brother. But what surprises most are some Nigerian Youths who have never benefitted directly or indirectly, from all these loots, they will soon troop in now to defend their anointed hero.
e tire me o

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Rexleo(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2017
oyinkinola:

...the relative of looters!
the only evidence left to you to hang on is.........how could dollars that were minted in 2016 be released in 2015
your boss and his collabo...gej will answer that, what we know is that the money is found in your home!
if it was minted in otuoke in year 2050!
it's not our own concern!
jona will explain!
bunch of criminals!
can you see,if given the opportunity you will do worse than Jonathan.woman carry Ghana must go back filled with money the wife of the NIA,that is the size of two bag of cement, tell stupid people like you to come up with another story.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by GoodMuyis(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2017
seunmsg:

The fact that GEJ gave approval for such a huge and unbudgeted amount of money to be withdrawn in cash and spend within the country should make any reasonable Nigerian very angry. Apart from the corruption involved, the negative effect on the Naira and our economy is unimaginable.

Nigerians can now see why the Naira practically collapsed when Buhari took over. Jonathan dipped his rotten and corruption infected fingers straight into CBN and depleted the foreign reserve in a desperate attempt to win the election. Only God can adequately punish that guy for what he did to this country.

No wonder Buhari still retain Godwin Emefiele to clean up the mess and be accountable for his Former boss

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tk4rd: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2017
So, all the sums were siphoned out..
And Boko Haram was the excuse.??

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by ddeola: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2017
Jona again !

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by onedayatime(m): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2017
5oyad:

Buhari is to be blamed for not blocking the loopholes that allowed the stealing in the first place.
foolishness is a disease that eat the brain slowly and when its through eating the brain , no aota of thinking will be left inside the head.
#fact 70% of your brain is already eaten by foolishness, please, try saving the remaining 30% before it eats it as well

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Bankbio(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:
Jonathan: The CURSE of Nigeria!! Ineffectual thing!!
When a sitting President opens his mouth on an international Television and say 'Stealing is not corruption' what do you expect? I am so grateful to God that these rogues never won the election, only God knows where the economy of my country will be by now.
They were only all concern about their selfish selves and family and never care about the masses and the ones supporting them with hunger! And imagine this man was borrowing millions of dollars to buy ammunition to fight insurgency...
And for the wailers that will wail forever supporting Jona and his gang of thieves, I really pity you all, where are those saying the money belongs to Amaechi?

$43 million dollars = #13 billion naira
$289 million dollars = (someone pls help me with the naira equivalent, my calculator just exploded!!!)
And this was mismanaged/stolen in just one Agency!!
Possibly over $1 Billion Dollars must have been stolen during the years Oga Jona was hot!
And some dumb people wonder why we are in recession!
May the enemies of Nigeria never live long!

MAY THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA NEVER LIVE LONG!!!!

AMEN!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by abescom: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The case would have beind resolved behind closed door, Buhari and co know this and may wanted to resolve it silently but loud mouthed PDP and their sympathizers force Buhari to make it public.

Should not be resolved secretly. That would be encouraging corruption. Deal with whoever is involved for the good of the whole citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Mantain(m): 9:14am On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=55766210]They are not. EFCC is yet to make pronouncement on ownership of the said money... [/quote
The fed govt is the owner of the money my man.stop defending ur hero of curuption please.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by leanalyst: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:
When a sitting President opens his mouth on an international Television and say 'Stealing is not corruption' what do you expect? I am so grateful to God that these rogues never won the election, only God knows where the economy of my country will be by now.
They were only all concern about their selfish selves and family and never care about the masses and the ones supporting them with hunger! And imagine this man was borrowing millions of dollars to buy ammunition to fight insurgency...
And for the wailers that will wail forever supporting Jona and his gang of thieves, I really pity you all, where are those saying the money belongs to Amaechi?

$289 million dollars = (someone pls help me with the naira equivalent, my calculator just exploded!!!)
Possibly over $1 Billion Dollars must have been stolen during the years Oga Jona was hot!
wouldnt it always be convinient to call his name in anything?
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by shadeyinka(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2017
HEIR:
I am assuming the money was initially meant to pay mercenaries brought in from south Africa and other countries. The remaining use to purchase arms from the black market and finance the civilian JTF.
But you know black man would always look for some kick back. Just my gut feeling though....

You are a wise dude.

I never connected such an amout with paying mercenaries. That would be a good defense from NIA.

Although, they didn't need such for weapons for civilian JTF.

Not withstanding though, as you said, the main purpose is to siphon funds from the treasury.

I still wonder why Buhari wasn't properly briefed 2 years after.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by oyinkinola: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2017
wirinet:

So we should leave GEJ alone when the NIA DJ said he approved the money for "covert operations"? Should we not ask GEJ what happened to the balance $289 minus $43 millions. Which covert operations was $246 millions used for between February 2015 when the money was approved and may 2015 when Jonathan handed over?
So you are still asking for the real owners when the DG of NIA has claimed that the money belongs to NIA, you people are blind, dumb and deaf to reason.
wirinet!
don't mind them!
they were in shock mode!
they can say anything to cover their shame!

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by onedayatime(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

GEJ is indicted?
How please?

I can bet that your filthy lying Buhari govt is plotting a cover-up of their own corrupt mess

I challenge them to dare invite GEJ for questioning on this matter if they are not lying

Seun should introduce a thumb down. I know by now, you would have had over 180 thumb down to show you how silly your comment is

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Afamed: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2017
seguno2:
For money withdrawn in 2016?
Who was president in 2016?
Was it Jonathan?
Certainly not.
Read the article again, but gently and slowly this time around.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by kolaish(m): 9:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

NIA reports to the NSA Babagana Monguno and I read in that PUNCH article that he did write a letter to the NSA informing him about the existence of the money
Good comment.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by burkingx(f): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:

......Yes naaah !

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Afamed: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2017
menxer:

You created a thread on the issue on the strength of which pronouncement?

Was the thread you created in defense of EFCC or against the alleged owners of the stash?

Drawing a straight line on an undulating surface with freehand is not always easy.
Don't you know he has to defend his pay master at all cost?

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by oyinkinola: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2017
Rexleo:
can you see,if given the opportunity you will do worse than Jonathan.woman carry Ghana must go back filled with money the wife of the NIA,that is the size of two bag of cement, tell stupid people like you to come up with another story.
...you can go the panel of osinbajo to expain that to him!
I never carry a bag of ghana must go full of $ and I didn't know how heavy it is!
only the looters have such knowledge!
the kin of looters!

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Victarion(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2017
Some foolish Idiots will still link this money to Amaechi..In as much as Amaechi is very corrupt, this particular issue here as nothing to do with him. Not enough evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2017
burkingx:
......Yes naaah !
...... Thank you my sister!
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tit(f): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2017
so this folashade oke no get picture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota / HILARIOUS Tweet And Pic Of A Buhari Supporter. / Tony Blair Visits El-Rufai In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.