Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,401 members, 7,781,159 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:03 AM

‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market (17345 Views)

How Anambra Shoe Manufacturing Market Is Fast Growing (Photos) / New Market Owerri Is On Fire (Photos) / ‘this Is Pure Joke’ - Mainlanders Counter Plan To Relocate Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by tolexy007(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2017
generalbush:
angry angry angry

Very far Jare... Where is that Ambode sef...

Careless Governor!!.. Well your state will host our next nairaland pool part coming up tomorrow 12pm!!

Check my siggy wink

where in Lagos?
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by kingdenny(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2017
The day I went to imota, I come dey fear say I go burst out for ore. The place is really far.
It's just a plot by Lagos state government to develop that part of Lagos.
It's a nice plot but it's too far I mean too far

1 Like

Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by generalbush(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2017
tolexy007:

where in Lagos?

Ikeja.. D'Renessaince Hotel opp shoprite smiley
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by natznext(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2017
Mile 12 used to on the outskirts, before Ikorodu blew up..
The new market should just be planned with some factors considered so there wouldn't be need to move it in some 20yrs time
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Oba22: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2017
prettyboi1989:

so people living i places beyond onipanu will now go on a lenghty journey all the way to the interiors of ikorodu to buy tomato? its nt wise. those areas that are known to be not so secure, i'll pass on that offer

It is an avenue for more market to spring-forth in Ketu and Yaba.
As someone said earlier, most of the market are outskirt from onset it was development that brings people closer to them.

2 Likes

Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Grundig: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Mile 12/ketu is about to get some TLC from ambode and about time too

Owode through to ojota and Maryland should be an easy straight forward drive.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Frankmiles: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2017
texi54:
MY ADVERT
Tired of Your Website Embarrassing Your Business? Get the #SPECTACULAR WEB DESIGN EXPERIENCE

For Our Contact:
Kindly Check signature below or check our banner below

Bro, I am in need of a job.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by texi54: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Frankmiles:

Bro, I am in need of a job.

where you stay, Kindly contact me on this number 08063257832
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Shygirl1989(f): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigerians are funny people,you all want Nigeria to be beautiful and neat like the western world yet you don't want the development to take place. Those complaining about the distance,hce you ever seen a major market of that size in a neighborhood or in inside a town......see how dirty that place is....
A more modern structure is being built and you're complaining.......
When govt doesn't work complain
When they work complain
Do we deserve good things with this attitude?
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by ba7man(m): 11:25am On Apr 21, 2017
Pavore9:

Where are you suggesting it should be sited?
He's a villager, he just commented to "feel among".

@Topic, if the Hausa traders misbehave in their new location, it will be demolished and they'll be thrown further away into the bushes.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Guyman02: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2017
icon8:
Before nko? Is a main market supposed to be near? Ideally, people should "travel" to such markets.

Nearness to market and customers is one requirement for locating a business in basic junior secondary school economics
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by kaycyor: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2017
person go pay #1500 as transport just to buy #500 tomatoes... i tire for em ooo
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Oba22: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Guyman02:

Nearness to market and customers is one requirement for locating a business in basic junior secondary school economics

You do not seems to know lagos very well.
People go all the way (far or near) to get whatever they want/need.
Ikorodu to Alaba.................................for electronics.
okokomaiko to Computer village............for computer accessories
Mile 2 to Mile 12.................................for foods stuffs
Anywhere to Idumota..........................for clothing.

Just a little month now, the place will boom beyond recognition.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by calberian: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2017
NevetsIbot:
see this man. Is a place where goods and services are exchanged supposed to be distant?
Move the markets out and increase the cost of living in lagos? Something that's already high

If you wanna create a company, do you place it at 50km away from people?

It's not a company, it's a market. We should try to view this not from the perspective of a business owner who has one goal but from that of the governor of a state with different interest groups to attend to not mentioning the general goal of state governance.

The market in question is a cause of heavy traffic in that part of town. Such an unfortunate development takes its toll on traders and buyers alike. It also takes its toll on other commuters.

The benefits of relocating Mile 12 market must outweigh its disadvantages. Furthermore, the government had expressed its intention to carry out this relocation in 2015.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by NevetsIbot(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
But people keep saying no more land in lagos, these ones are located in where? When there is developing project to do there is also space.ondo please take a queue from lagos, we are too backward . petroleum, bitumen, cocoa and enough land for farming.
Moreover, too many professors in ondo yet we are not taping from them.
you no see as dem use Ondo insult me for up ni??

Me! Ondo villager

1 Like

Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by GMbuharii: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kini problem pelu awòn cone heads? Their masters from the north have driven them away from mile12,they have no choice buh to obey without complain...cone heads must obey o,otherwise no more 'ænus licking and lubricating' jobs for them be dat grin grin

ausa/pulany/omo nna own lagos grin grin

op,someone said the muje command away from mile12 will bring development..well that sounds ok..
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
veekid:
So? Make we fry sand?

information like these don't catch wise people unawares. When in years time, government start demolishing mile 12, they won't play victim or tell tales that touch the heart.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
icon8:

See this Ondo villager! Do you have any idea of what a "main market" is?

Fyi, main markets are located on the outskirts, not within a city.

I'm sure you've never been to Lagos, otherwise you won't condemn this move, if you've experienced the traffic nightmare caused as a result of the site of the Mile 12 market in the heart of Ikorodu-Lagos road.

We agree that the market causes a hell of traffic. But I totally disagree with you on the locations of a main market. I dont think you considered oyinbo, balogun, oshodi, and alot more before making this statement.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Ajalekoko76(m): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
prettyboi1989:

so people living i places beyond onipanu will now go on a lenghty journey all the way to the interiors of ikorodu to buy tomato? its nt wise. those areas that are known to be not so secure, i'll pass on that offer
Are people not coming from Agege,Lagos Island to buy tomatoes from Mile 12? So if u,from onipanu now travel to Imota to buy tomatoes nothing spoil. Proximity is not a barrier in business.Mile 12 was once outskirts
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Jobos(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
NevetsIbot:
lol. Ondo villager? Thanks bro

A market is supposed to be close for comfort! Main or not..., we're not back in the 1960s man! A market is a market. It should not be far! Show me reasons why it should be far... I like to learn new things

Kukuma bring the market close to my ondo.

That is not true, a raw or farm produce market is always located outskirt of the town.
Mile 12 market is more than 35 years, it was outskirt then.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Jobos(m): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
UgojiC:

We agree that the market causes a hell of traffic. But I totally disagree with you on the locations of a main market. I dont think you considered oyinbo, balogun, oshodi, and alot more before making this statement.
Oyingbo, balogun and oshodi are not farm produce market .Even the market at idioro called Alamutu should be relocated.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by Busuyib(f): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
prettyboi1989:

atlast. U guys should also come down to Ikorodu. No more waking up 4am becos u wan go buy pepper for party again. Make una also experience wetin we don experience. Thumbs up ambode.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by icon8: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
UgojiC:

Where's Oshodi market again?

Balogun is your typical "shopping plaza" that you find in every major city. More like a "city square", not a market where you go to shop for bulk foodstuff and fresh farm produce.

Do I have to explain the difference between a Balogun "market" and a Mile 12 market to you?
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
icon8:

Where's Oshodi market again?

Balogun is your typical "shopping plaza" that you find in every major city. More like a "city square", not a market where you go to shop for bulk foodstuff and fresh farm produce.

Do I have to explain the difference between a Balogun "market" and a Mile 12 market to you?

I only replied him because he generalized markets as not been located within the city. Oshodi was restructured same as others and this is what I expect govt to do but moving the whole mile 12 to imota would have an effect on prices due to cost of transport. It's only a pity that Lagos restructuring came as a result of adhoc decisions unlike Abuja which is planned with various market centre like Wuse market, Garki market, utako market all within the city centre.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Oba22:

You do not seems to know lagos very well.
People go all the way (far or near) to get whatever they want/need.
Ikorodu to Alaba.................................for electronics.
okokomaiko to Computer village............for computer accessories
Mile 2 to Mile 12.................................for foods stuffs
Anywhere to Idumota..........................for clothing.

Just a little month now, the place will boom beyond recognition.

So you expect those at Apapa, okokomaiko and Island to travel as far as imota just to buy food stuff a distance of over 100 miles with bad roads. Bros Haba
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by icon8: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
UgojiC:

I only replied him because he generalized markets as not been located within the city. Oshodi was restructured same as others and this is what I expect govt to do but moving the whole mile 12 to imota would have an effect on prices due to cost of transport. It's only a pity that Lagos restructuring came as a result of adhoc decisions unlike Abuja which is planned with various market centre like Wuse market, Garki market, utako market all within the city centre.

Look again! I was pretty specific about "main markets". Now, that wasn't a generalization, was it?
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
kingdenny:
The day I went to imota, I come dey fear say I go burst out for ore. The place is really far.
It's just a plot by Lagos state government to develop that part of Lagos.
It's a nice plot but it's too far I mean too far

Same way I felt
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by icon8: 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
UgojiC:

So you expect those at Apapa, okokomaiko and Island to travel as far as imota just to buy food stuff a distance of over 100 miles with bad roads. Bros Haba

They need not travel to Imota if the need never arises. I live in Lekki and I've never gone to Mile 2 from there to buy anything. Never. I know the place very well only because I once lived in Ikorodu and used to shop there.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
icon8:

Look again! I was pretty specific about "main markets". Now, that wasn't a generalization, was it?

Please can you clearly define main markets for me. Maybe I am not understanding you
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by icon8: 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
UgojiC:

Please can you clearly define main markets for me. Maybe I am not understanding you

Scroll up, boy! I already did that a couple of posts ago.
Re: ‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market by UgojiC(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
icon8:

Scroll up, boy! I already did that a couple of posts ago.

Wait, is this your definition; main markets are located on the outskirts, not within a city.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts 50 Shops In Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market / Fairmoney's N2.5 Billion Commercial Paper Issuance Ends In Oversubscription / LAPO Founder, Dr Ehigiamusoe Advocates TIET Business Model In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.