Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,767 members, 7,798,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers (12550 Views)

Interesting Blog Design For Best Global Support / Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by AloyEmeka9: 4:24am On Jan 04, 2010
Nigerian among best global IT developers

A YOUNG Nigerian has achieved the rank of the best software developers in the world. He achieved this by being among the best 12 software developers using Oracle technology in the Oracle Application Express Developer Competition 2009. His name is Kehinde Adeyemi, a 2006 graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/1/15.html

The Oracle Technology Network (OTN) conducted a competition to promote the development of new Oracle Application Express (APEX) applications by Oracle developers.

Adeyemi developed a Driver's Licence and Vehicle Registration Application, which he designed to run on the internet.

He developed the application using Lagos State Motor Vehicles Department of Nigeria as a case study. The application focuses on assisting drivers' and vehicle owners in the state to apply for new drivers' licences, renew drivers licences, replace lost drivers licences, register new and used vehicles, renew numbers plate and transfer numbers plates. The application consists of forms, which applicants or registrants can fill, and also allows them to make payment using credit cards. The application then issues a confirmation slip, which they in turn submit with proofs of identity to the Motor Vehicle Department Office for further processing. The application brings the power of e-payment to prospective users.

Adeyemi has been an Oracle developer since 2005 and has garnered significant experience working with different software projects. He was the only African in the top 12 of the competition.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 04, 2010
God bless you Kehinde. Note that he went to a Nigerian University and i can imagine his challenges, this is another hero who shos us that we cN DO MORE THAN SULK AND COMPLAIN BUT WORK AND RISE BEYOUND LIMITATIONS. i WOULD LOVE TO MEET kEHINDE
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by texazzpete(m): 6:43am On Jan 04, 2010
So what record did he break?
We castigate Nigerian newspapers for their sensationalist headlines, yet we do the same thing if given the chance.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Jan 04, 2010
@Poster, what record was broken here? I mean how can he be among WORLD BEST when all it seems he did was create a common data processing application with an oracle backend?

I know say people go begin call me BAD BELLY but COME ON!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by sjeezy8: 7:15am On Jan 04, 2010

Oracle Application Express Developer Competition 2009

Winners of APEX Developer Competition 2009
It is with great pleasure that I announce the winners of the APEX Developer Competition 2009.

First Place: Eric Brandenburg (USA) IT Access
Second Place: Oscar Gordillo (Colombia) Bintech CRM
Third Place: Matt Nolan (UK) APEX Plugin Registry
Fourth through Twelfth Place are shown in Alphabetical order:
Kehinde Adeyemi (Nigeria) Drivers License and Vehicle Registration Application
Tobias Arnhold (Germany) APEX-AT-WORK
Martin Giffy D'Souza (Canada) APEX Rules & Guidelines
Niels De Brujin (Germany) Time Management System v1.2
Dorensys {Company} (India) Leave Management System
Kartik Patel (India) Documentation & Content Management System (DCMS)
Mohammed Tajuddin (Australia) ABC School Management System
Andrew Woodward (UK) Portal for a suite of Apex applications
Wei Zheng (USA) Tiny-ERP

The premise of the competition, announced in June 2009, was to seek the "best" application (as determined by a panel of judges) of Oracle Application Express to a business problem. The guidelines were quite detailed.

kobo sounds like a freakin slowpoke as usual, Good development for Nigeria, whether its something thats long over due or not. A nigerian made it past other countries and HE SCHOOLED in naija, so good for him and Nigeria.

kobo has always been a clown with no brain sometimes confused with he or she having bad belle.

kobo is your name on the list?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2010
Why do people always like to hear bad news from nigeria,envy i guessed?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Afam(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2010
This is a good development and should be celebrated.

However, this is limited to one out of some many database technologies out there. There are people (like me) that don't use oracle database and probably never will so it is important we understand the specifics as regards the organizer and the organizer's product (oracle) just like Microsoft organizing a competition based on its own technology or Adobe doing another based on its software.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Dotman01(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2010
I think he deserves our commendation, btw he's d only african on d list
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by illusion2: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what record was broken here? I mean how can he be among WORLD BEST when all it seems he did was create a common data processing application with an oracle backend?

I know say people go begin call me BAD BELLY but COME ON!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy angry grin
Its bad belle & you know it !

You pride yourself at being some kinda I.T guru,but you have come short on this one tongue

If indeed its 'just a common data base yad yada yada. . . .' , how come we haven't read about you doing something much more advanced. . . duh !? undecided

Kehinde Adeyemi-thank you very much : for potraying Nigerians in such good light,and if you're on NL. . . don't mind them good-for-nothing cynics .
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by tundewoods(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2010
Once again,Nigerians as usual with their ego bashing comments on an appluadable feet by one of  their own. Ok, I know that poster may have over streched the topic with the use of the words "Breaks IT Record". But we all know that the Kehinde Adeyemi guy set a record being the only African on the top winners list.

When we talk business or enterprise application development ,I guess most of us IT guys know that Oracle DB is the standard,when it comes to Back End. So i guess the thread and its achievement is still on point.

My own little 2 cents  undecided
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Afam(m): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2010
tundewoods:

Once again,Nigerians as usual with their ego bashing comments on an appluadable feet by one of  their own. Ok, I know that poster may have over streched the topic with the use of the words "Breaks IT Record". But we all know that the Kehinde Adeyemi guy set a record being the only African on the top winners list.

When we talk business or enterprise application development ,I guess most of us IT guys know that Oracle DB is the standard,when it comes to Back End. So i guess the thread and its achievement is still on point.

My own little 2 cents  undecided

I guess you need to be more specific in your comments.

Don't you see the double speak in your post? You agree that the "Breaks IT record" was not necessary just as others may have alluded and yet you talk about ego.

I maintain that this is a good development and should be celebrated while pointing out the nature of the competition which is based on a particular vendor's product.

You must learn to live with facts of life whether you like it or not. That is how life is.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by sfiea: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2010
Kudos KEHINDE ADEYEMI!

At the same time, if all that applied for a beauty competition are the ugly ones, surely an ugly one will emerge as a beauty queen.
Not supporting "KOBO" though.

Lots of MySql and other DB script writers out there.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Orilee9ice(m): 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
wink at 1st my heart skipped a beat when i read this, as he has my 1st 2 names, but i know its not me sha! well done to my name sake!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by AloyEmeka9: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
Kilode?

Why the quarrellings again?. This is no terrorist action.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by ciscostaz: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
I hope[b] CNN, BBC, FRANCE24, EURONEWS [/b] will make this breaking news this time around. its sweeter than mutallab saga.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
I see the imbeciles are already out insulting their own mothers, and their own fathers, in public yet again, for giving birth to them, even with the new year!!! Definitely a shame but it is free forum, I guess. Keep up the insults, I just hope someday you would realize how bad it is to insult your own parents, especially in public.

@sfi_ea, what exactly have I said WRONG IN THERE that you can not boldly admit to? I do not, anywhere there, castigate him for winning. Neither do I state anywhere there that he does not deserve whatever award he got, but the statement that he joins "the the rank of the best software developers in the world" is completely ludicrous, and you know it( this is assuming you are in IT, as I expect people who are not in IT would have a hard time knowing that). The BOY is not what I am talking of but the REPORT which really was NOT Written by the boy. The description given of the application he developed there seems to point to a typical data processing unit, which anyone in IT works on at least 80% of the time. READ what the you are told of what he did there and you immediately think basic CRUD. By the way, Lagos state already has similar application for the department of motor vehicle. If you have ever been down there lately to get your driver's licence, you would know that( It is not a first). So, what is wrong in pointing that out?

For the one claiming he broke an IT record for being the ONLY AFRICAN, but what of the ONLY Indian, the Only Canadian etc on the same list, did those break world IT records as well? We are told this dude has, by this achievement, joined the ranks of best developers in the world, and I ask, since when did Oracle/APEX competition become decision maker on this? I know we love to look everywhere for good news but COME ON!!! It is also good not to get carried away with the BOGUS bit of it.

It is not WRONG to THINK about things a bit more sometimes, and since it is a free forum, it is OK to air those views so others can join in discussing it with you. Going around insulting your parents thinking you are insulting someone else only shows how much your life, and opinion is really worth and I am afraid it is diminishes with every insult you lob at your own mother and father on here !!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by otawa: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
The application focuses on assisting drivers' and vehicle owners in the state to apply for new drivers' licences(INSERT), renew drivers licences(UPDATE), replace lost drivers licences(SELECT/INSERT), register new and used vehicles(INSERT), renew numbers plate and transfer numbers plates(UPDATE).

Technically, he has not really done ANYTHING.

For NIGERIA as a country, he has done VERY WELL.

That he entered the competition is also VERY GOOD.

Oracle is also trying to sell their products, just like MS, Sybase, MySQL etc.

Above all, well done for putting NIGERIA on the list.

It is better than been on list of SUICIDE BOMBERS.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Afam(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
otawa:

Technically, he has not really done ANYTHING.

For NIGERIA as a country, he has done VERY WELL.

That he entered the competition is also VERY GOOD.

Oracle is also trying to sell their products, just like MS, Sybase, MySQL etc.

Above all, well done for putting NIGERIA on the list.

It is better than been on list of SUICIDE BOMBERS.

100% in agreement.

One thing I have noticed here is that those who are ignorant are the first to label others as ignorant people and those that accuse others of having ego problem are those that actually suffer from such.

Maybe, for these people they are relying way too much on the "the best form of defense is attack" saying.

We can live with facts as they help make our lives easier to understand.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
Uhm, commendable, at least he did something with his time and is better than those who come here to bash anything they see other Nigerians doing that they can't do.

If it's a common thing, let those who think so go do theirs too, when we hear of you, you'd get the appreciation Kehinde's getting now.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Mekusxyz: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Kobojunkie,

You are right. They say he achieved something because he is the only African on the list
What about the only Indian, European, American, Australian, Canadian, etc on the list?
Any non-African reading this claim will be laughing their heads off, saying ''see these fourth world country people fighting over crumbs.''.

Any Africans reading this will say '' these fake giants of our continent don come again oh!''

In a country of mediocres, any slight thing is balloned to high heavens.

Drama:
Kobojunkie asked a question: what is the IT record said to be broken?
Ignorant tribesmen provide the answer: he is the only African on the list. grin grin grin grin grin
The driver's licenses used in developed country were made though similar info technologies. So there is no record broken. May be in Nigeria
Please change the title to: Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Breaks IT Record in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Justcash(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Nice One!atleast it is better than castigating achievers on Nairaland due to boredom. LMAO! cheesy
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by nethacker(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
I hv nt seen any IT record being broken here albeit,his achievement in 9ja context is exceptional but wen compared to the rest of the world,its nothing.
I dnt want us to believe that his education at OOU earned him dat ooo shocked .personal development and research must hv earned him dat cos 9ja lecturer's r  arrrrggghhhhhh angry
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Alxmyr(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
I think the title should not read breaks IT record. If he is among 12 best in that competition, that means the 12 of them broke the record, which in my own understanding is not spectacular. He simply rank amongst the best 12 in that competition. However, what he was said to have done is not something new. It is something that is obtainable almost in every developed society, and moreso that Lagos even had same software, then kini big deal!
However, I will congratulate Kehinde Adeyemi for at least being amongst the best for the competition, and hope he will be able to get the patent right for his work?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Bishopking: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Kobojunkie,

You are right. They say he achieved something because he is the only African on the list
What about the only Indian, European, American, Australian, Canadian, etc on the list?
Any non-African reading this claim will be laughing their heads off, saying ''see these fourth world country people fighting over crumbs.''.

Any Africans reading this will say '' these fake giants of our continent don come again oh!''

In a country of mediocres, any slight thing is balloned to high heavens.

Drama:
Kobojunkie asked a question: what is the IT record said to be broken?
Ignorant tribesmen [/b]provide the answer: he is the only African on the list. grin grin grin grin grin
The driver's licenses used in developed country were made though similar info technologies. So there is no record broken. May be in Nigeria
Please change the title to: Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Breaks IT Record in Nigeria.

@ mekus

it is a noteworthy achievement for the young Nigerian coming at a time when all associated with nigeria is negativity in every aspect of life, The american or other nationals may be the only ones from their countries on the list of first twelve ( [b]and i can imagine that there would be many of their fellow nationals that entered for the competitition originally)
. Moreover, those ones are not as weighed down psychologically by negativities in their nation as their Nigerian counterpart, smiley

still @ mekus

I was surprised that 'i[b]gnorant tribalist'[/b] could come out of your mouth! grin was it a mistake? Remove the log in your eyes,

Kudos to the Nigerian achiever. I am sure that had the guy come from some tribe, by now about twenty topics will be promoting the strange idea of tribal superiority. grin grin

One love my people.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by rethink: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
@kobjunkie

for once i agree with you on this one. This is one of the tricks that the western worlds play on us and we don know it.

They make one person look big or they create a local hero so that all of us will start running after same. If we could have our own examination body and you pay them so well, you will see standards rising.

We need to have Nigerian Standards. There will no need for us our children to go anywhere and get exposed to Suicidal Masterminds.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by otawa: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
We need to have Nigerian Standards. There will no need for us our children to go anywhere and get exposed to Suicidal Masterminds.

True talk.

Why dont you talk to Yaradua to go to Mushin General Hospital?

Why dont you talk to Madam re-branding to bring her wards to University of Yola?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Wallie(m): 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Kudos to Kehinde Adeyemi for this proves that Nigerians currently in Nigeria have the educational wherewithal to compete at an international level. We need more people like Kehinde to show Nigeria’s intellectual ability so that, maybe one day, developed countries can out-source lucrative software related jobs to Nigeria.

I also agree with the posters that said he has not broken any record.  This is not an attack on Kehinde but on the journalist reporting the story. I get my Nigerian related news from news aggregators online but I don’t even bother clicking on most of the links due to the fallacies in their titles. I wonder if most of these news outlets have editors; and if they do, did they ever bother taking English Language while in school?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by 9ja4eva: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
Good Job Mehn
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by AloyEmeka9: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2010
Alxmyr:

I think the title should not read breaks IT record. If he is among 12 best in that competition, that means the 12 of them broke the record, which in my own understanding is not spectacular. He simply rank amongst the best 12 in that competition. However, what he was said to have done is not something new. It is something that is obtainable almost in every developed society, and moreso that Lagos even had same software, then kini big deal!
However, I will congratulate Kehinde Adeyemi for at least being amongst the best for the competition, and hope he will be able to get the patent right for his work?

It still doesn't mean he didn't break a record. Why argue over this guy's feat yet we will be very happy to discuss Mutallab in length?.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by illusion2: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I see the imbeciles are already out insulting their own mothers, and their own fathers, in public yet again, for giving birth to them, even with the new year!!! Definitely a shame but it is free forum, I guess. Keep up the insults, I just hope someday you would realize how bad it is to insult your own parents, especially in public.
Going around insulting your parents thinking you are insulting someone else only shows how much your life, and opinion is really worth and I am afraid it is diminishes with every insult you lob at your own mother and father on here !!
[/quoteII can only see one slowpoke who can't differentiate between taking a swipe at Kobojunkie & insulting parents . The jury's still out on your gender tho  tongue
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
Aloy.Emeka:

It still doesn't mean he didn't break a record. Why argue over this guy's feat yet we will be very happy to discuss Mutallab in length?.

Not arguing whatever record people want to INDIVIDUALLY claim he broke here but I believe in order to break a record here, we have to know which specific one he did. The article only mentions this "A YOUNG Nigerian has achieved the rank of the best software developers in the world. ", which is what I attribute to bad journalism. As for breaking record by being the only African in the top 12 list, that to me sounds like claiming an ibo kid who happens to fall in the top 12 in his class made up predominantly of yorubas and fulanis, broke a record.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by illusion2: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Not arguing whatever record people want to INDIVIDUALLY claim he broke here but I believe in order to break a record here, we have to know which specific one he did. The article only mentions this "A YOUNG Nigerian has achieved the rank of the best software developers in the world. ", which is what I attribute to bad journalism. As for breaking record by being the only African in the top 12 list, that to me sounds like claiming an ibo kid who happens to fall in the top 12 in his class made up predominantly of yorubas and fulanis, broke a record.
Kobojunkie is out at last !! [size=4pt]hope you ain't a dyke tho'[/size]. . . .cos of the way you argue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / Common good python programming practices you should know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.