Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers (12533 Views)

Interesting Blog Design For Best Global Support / Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by marocguy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
Give him a job in naija b4 he goes to obama's country. Dis kind one dey go call am african american,give am better job
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by mendax: 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
This is y NL members Neva seize to surprise me. Negative comments. What a pity!!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Ediva(f): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2010
We should all celebrate Kehinde, our brother from another mother. In a time when the word ''Nigerian'' has received world wide ridicule and infamy, it is a blessing that a Nigerian can achieve such a feat.

At least the world can see we don't all have explosives stitched to our underwear! grin
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by TPS360: 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
finally ,
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Dclique(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2010
Nigerians everywhere, keep making us proud. Unlike some that are blowing up planes.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by RuuDie(m): 7:12am On Jan 08, 2010
a good thing. . . nice to have the little positive developments every now and then, its a source of inspiration.

however, i do feel for the folks who have been negative so far - i mean, in truth, u look at what he's done & think 2 urself "whats d biggie, i coulda nailed it too!"

but still on still. . . . lets give kudos to whom kudos is due! grin
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by suxes2005(m): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2010
Thank God. We still av some nigerians doing us good and proud in other countries.

Not bombers

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by amaluvly: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2010
Go my naija people, d world needs 2 feel us!!!!!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by bayoogere(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2010
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by MUNEER2(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2010
wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by walelamina: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2010
Am Proud Of this Dude , for the fact dat am a Dba Also and also we went to the same university, thumbs up Kenny
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2010
Meldrick:

With all your codes(written and unwritten) nobody know you. There has been no reason for nigerians to celebrate you. Guy you be local champion. Go sleep.

You know failures through their speech, writings. Failures don't like to go down alone, they always prefer pulling someone along with them. Instead of congratulating this guy, some people are bragging over the achiement they made in their room. We have never heard anything about them apart from been opportuned to register free on Nairaland and post rubbish.

Kehind Adeyemi, More grease to your elbow. I pray you achieve more.

Now the above response is a HUGE problem with the Nigerian mentality and level of reasoning obtained in the majority. You are here telling an actual DEVELOPER, who tells you he works on more complex issues daily, that because he has not had his name announced on a billboard, or put up in the papers  by international agencies, you are NOT going to celebrate him? That is a worse INSULT than the report compiled by the author of the article that started this thread.

We Nigerians are so DESPERATE for good news they can place the NIGERIAN tag on, that we are willing to OVERLOOK actual good works being done by our own people, simply because no one else has seen fit to celebrate them in newspapers and more, and we have LITTLE understanding of the significance and probably do not care to know, on the most part, but are willing to clamor for anything that the international world puts it’s fingers on without considering the validity of the claim.

That a reporter decided to put this boy on the list of, NOT Nigeria’s best, but world’s best, is actually an insult to all the Nigerian programmers, living and working in Nigeria, who are no longer dealing with ordinary CRUD applications but more complex data processing and mining.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by southloop: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2010
Firstly, congratulations to Kehinde for the recognition.

However, i'm with Kobojunkie on this one. While we should celebrate EVERY Nigerian achievement we have to be careful that we are celebrating FACT.

Kehinde did fantastic in this competition. That doesn't equate to record breaking or even being "one of the best IT developers". If you think it does i suggest you mention this to anyone outside of Nigeria and see how quickly they burst into laughter.

What is even worse is that the more you put this up as one of the "great things" Nigerians are doing, the more you give people the impression that Nigerians aren't doing a whole lot.

It's like saying "see, we Nigerians know how to tie our shoe laces. The world should now start respecting us"
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2010
southloop:

What is even worse is that the more you put this up as one of the "great things" Nigerians are doing, the more you give people the impression that Nigerians aren't doing a whole lot.

It's like saying "see, we Nigerians know how to tie our shoe laces. The world should now start respecting us"

See, that is insulting huh? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Phemmmy(m): 8:11am On Jan 09, 2010
OOU is not recognised is one of the best.i can now confirm that the problem is the unseriousness of the students
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by sfiea: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ KOBO

I saw your reply to my earlier post a little too late, so I decided not to reply, but if you read my post again, you will notice that I was actually supporting your submission in the sense that lotta people out there work on far more complex codes/script than a driver license database and are not heard of.

But my conclusion is that its good he choose the part that is +ve even if his achievement couldn't measure up to some standard.
To some he is a one eyed man in the land of the blind or a guru to da computer/programming laymen.

While my praising him, is for him to do better and stay positive.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by mikkyphp(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2010
you guys should stop the bashing! i guess if Adeyemi's application wasn't that big of a deal, he wouldn't have made it to no12. I guess just as the article writer got wrong some facts, he also failed to clearly state the special features of Adeyemi's "basic" data processing app that made the oracle competition judges to pick him.
I really think kobo's reference to his App as a mere data processing program is hasty. Naija guys have stuff in their heads. I guess if many of us (naija based) put in for international competitions, we may just have our names published , and who knows, the opportunities may be limitless. I'm aware there are loads of great developers in naija who have developed bam apps, but let's celebrate Adeyemi, who knows we might be celebrated 2moro.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2010
mikkyphp:

you guys should stop the bashing! i guess if Adeyemi's application wasn't that big of a deal, he wouldn't have made it to no12.
That is not true. People win awards for spelling words too!

mikkyphp:

I guess just as the article writer got wrong some facts, he also failed to clearly state the special features of Adeyemi's "basic" data processing app that made the oracle competition judges to pick him.
I think this is YOU assuming there were some special features to the application in this case. It is possible the competition only required candidates to develop a working application and the description makes sense.

mikkyphp:

I really think kobo's reference to his App as a mere data processing program is hasty.
I am going by what the article said of the application, which is all I can do, and based on the writer’s description, that is what it is.

mikkyphp:

Naija guys have stuff in their heads. I guess if many of us (naija based) put in for international competitions, we may just have our names published , and who knows, the opportunities may be limitless. I'm aware there are loads of great developers in naija who have developed bam apps, but let's celebrate Adeyemi, who knows we might be celebrated 2moro.

Well, to each his own! Some people like to celebrate anything that moves and that is fine. I am not on about the guy himself but the work done by the reporter on this.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by biina: 6:15am On Jan 10, 2010
Kudos to the guy for being good at what he does, particularly with the meager resources he likely had, but to describe it as a major achievement for the nation is simply an admission of mediocrity.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by omoovie(f): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2010
Bah
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Volatilekrack: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2010
Kudos to u boy. We are proud of u. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 12:24am On May 01, 2012
Peachy!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by lekside44(m): 2:57pm On May 13, 2012
well, he should work harder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Programming FUN With Code Snippets!! -C++,C#, Java,php,python Or Any Language!! / My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.