Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? (43304 Views)

FBI: 20,737 Victims Of Scam Mails Lost $1.2bn / Do People Still Fall For This Cheap Scam / Do People Still FALL For This Scam? (2) (3) (4)

Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by BaesDiary: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2017
I got this from my inbox. This got me wondering if people still fall for scam like this....

"Child of God i don't know you but God knows you well, i was led by the spirit of the Lord to go through your profile and pray for you, as i was praying for you i was taking to the realm of the spirit to see things around you i see favour from God and i see more spiritual attacks the enemies are working on holding your favour from God. And the enemies want to kill you by accident. The Lord said i should tell you to sow a seed of Favour and Breakthrough to the lives of those children in Eghosa Sarah Motherless Home in Kebbi state before the end of three(3) days why i guild you through with prayers because the Lord want to put your enemies to shame and also manifest his promises in the life of your family and you if only you believe in him and do what he commands, you will testify to the Glory of God. Call the M.D in charge of the Orphanage home on 08186895450 God bless you"

Read more stories here: www.baesdiary.com.ng

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by NeeKlaus: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2017
Lol! Sow a seed?? Plant a Garden nko??grin

Why won't he pray for you without "sowing a seed" or it's the "seed" that will ensure the efficacy of the prayers?

This one is worse than Bet9ja. Yimu.

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by bummygee: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
U've just saved me Frm dem. Hallelujah. Got d same mail Frm dem too. I even thot dat its real. Tanku

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by bummygee: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
U've just saved me Frm dem. Hallelujah. Got d same mail Frm dem too. I even thot its real. Tanku

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by petra1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
They just tried scaming me now. Giving me same scam prophecy on my YouTube channel asking me to send seed to an orphanage.
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Dliquidmetal(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
bummygee:
U've just saved me Frm dem. Hallelujah. Got d same mail Frm dem too. I even thot its real. Tanku
so you even thought this shit is real?? this is exact thing most pastors do in their ministries and their sheeps will keep falling for it cause they are using the so called god to manipulate yall, better yall wake the Bleep up.
as I'm I beloved in God but I dont need no one and no church to tell me any vision because what will be will be, I'm I'm destined to die young then so be it if witches wan kill me it's also cool cause even pastor go field one day all the BS vision, revelation,bedtime shi no concern me

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by DrSpyce: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2020
Thank you so much. I was almost falling for this as well when I saw this post. Find attached the message I received.

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Jazzafizzy(f): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
They use olukoya mfm too. I have someone close to me who got this message on Facebook, she almost fell for it that olukoya was the person that sent the prayer and message to her . Thank God she shared it with me , she almost prepared to visit the orphanage .

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by aalangel(f): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
DrSpyce:
Thank you so much. I was almost falling for this as well when I saw this post. Find attached the message I received.

Just received same message on Rev. Sunday Adelaja's page on YouTube with his own name. I decided to Google the opharnage.
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Igyeseh(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by oliseh247: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
How Does Crowd1 Work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJpdtkiApA

The best thing you can do for yourself and your generation this period of lockdown is to invest in a legitimate business that will pay you in hard currency. CROWD1 is the leading MLM company now and it gives you an opportunity to own shares in form of owner's right.

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Thomthom(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2020
bummygee:
So if not for this, you would have contacted that number.. Wahala dey Niger oo

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Brille: 12:28am On Nov 11, 2020
DrSpyce:

This kain scam is still going on in Nov 2020.
Got this message verbatim on my public profile
Almost fell for it.
It was supposedly from Evang. Mike Bamiloye.
Still the same Godstime Motherless Foundation.
The no involved for the so-called MD of the foundation is 07032597568

Abeg, Nairalanders help me call and greet this lazy Nigerian youth!
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by austine4real(m): 6:17am On Nov 11, 2020
They want to cash out B4 December

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by nedekid: 7:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Na them. Our blodas and siestas from edo state.
Na them be "customer service" from the banks speaking with ishan accent. grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by themainman600(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2020
nedekid:
Na them. Our blodas and siestas from edo state.
Na them be "customer service" from the banks speaking with ishan accent. grin
so those idiots have called you to there were telling me there want to upgrade my account that I should send them my mobile banking otp code that I will receive but the gal doesn't know how to speak English fluently grin grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by nedekid: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2020
themainman600:
so those idiots have called you to there were telling me there want to upgrade my account that I should send them my mobile banking otp code that I will receive but the gal doesn't know how to speak English fluently grin grin
Lolz grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by themainman600(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2020
nedekid:
Lolz grin
which format there use for you grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2020
yes my mother is one of them she is a magnet to pastor say.
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by nedekid: 8:42am On Nov 11, 2020
themainman600:
which format there use for you grin
Usuall one, say person don hack my account and then go block my atm card and account, say wither I hold my atm card. Them tell me my name and date of birth ohh. (I supprise). Come say make I call out the numbers for my atm card. shocked. Na so I call one yeye number. Guy man come de yab me, me self call thunder make e hammer am for head. grin

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by themainman600(m): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2020
nedekid:

Usuall one, say person don hack my account and then go block my atm card and account, say wither I hold my atm card. Them tell me my name and date of birth ohh. (I supprise). Come say make I call out the numbers for my atm card. shocked. Na so I call one yeye number. Guy man come de yab me, me self call thunder make e hammer am for head. grin
he has use this format for me too grin grin lemme check his number in my blacklist so our nairalanders can greet the lazy youth grin grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by chessmaster10: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2020
Its a scam. See my screenshot to add to the body of evidence

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by ThugBoy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Alaye them
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Cheshirecat702: 2:17am On Jul 17, 2021
Ugh…. Yes they do but it’s still a scam… I wish I could upload my entire interaction with these people. Anyone right now there on mufti menks YouTube page…. What they did was they copied his photo and use a very similar name to his… so when people get this reply they think it’s actually the content creator replying to them… and because this channel is mostly Muslims and has to do with God they take advantage of that just like they do to Christians or any other religious group of people. I just told them that the bank has directed me that this is a scam as well as the Nigerian police and they told me the bank is lying and that the children have no food to eat for dinner that I must donate right away. They will literally say anything to pull at your heartstrings but people follow your gut not your heart. This is absolute rubbish and they really do not give a crap about who they take from or how they get the money. God didn’t tell them anything… and that is the biggest load of rubbish they like to spew.

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by EllenC: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2021
They are still at it , especially posting on mufti menks written posts on youtube. but today they left their American number ...lol big mistake
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by glory777glory: 6:29am On Dec 02, 2021
I received the exact same message 'i saw a woman in the spirit real with a mirror, blocking your blessings and with intent to destroy'

The reason these work- is because in some cases it's true. When I happened to read this- I was sitting across from a woman who I personally have seen use a mirror to manipulate, who I suspect is an enemy..

therefore I was WOWED.

But I'm no idiot

Many times the enemy simply 'connects' to their network of demons to get the scoop in our lives...it's no revelation from God....all they did is pick up the phone and get a report sort of to say....

The part where u have to send money...leaves a distinct sour taste in ones mouth....if you are Godly and from God....then give me the info free and leave it to me to send or not send.

first I need to ask God, then I go from there..

thankfully I did some research and found many others like yourselves who received the same exact message.
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by glory777glory: 6:49am On Dec 02, 2021
**I wanted to add one more important VERY IMPORTANT THING***

in the 1st quarter of 2019 The Good Lord poured out Holy spirit into my life like never before...during this time I learned so much. Which is definitely need to know information:

1: if you have bought a mirror from anyone, yard sale, thrift store, garage sale, or given one... make sure you pray over it and ask God to bless it. Use oil anointed oil on it.

2- If you bring home a mirror from anywhere and do not immediately hang it, do not leave it faceforward at the edge of your bed, resting quarters, always turn the face toward the wall and not by the bed.

3- go around and bless every single mirror in your home.

Witches, satanists, and the like...definitely do use mirrors- in various ways. Like a portal, as well as to see things, to give a mirror to someone who has no idea and they take home and guess what? they can monitor you- hear you-, I don't know what else...and.i don't care...what I do know is be safe- Bless the mirrors. The enemy uses all kinds of tools, tricks, objects, to manipulate and gain ground in out lives. When we don't know...we simply don't. Until someone shares it and blesses us with that knowledge. Please pass the blessing.

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by jaynex66: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
Imagine!!! I got this same message today from an IG user claiming to be Pastor Mildred from LCCI.
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by MissIndependent(f): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lol grin
Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by DocSarcophagus: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2023
Thank you for confirming my suspicion. I replied on YouTube as per the attached.

(Mr. Dankwara is the new Chief of Police in Edo. )

And i mean it sincerely, that's why i added my picture to this profile. I haven't been to Nigeria yet, but i used to ship a lot of stuff there. Nigerian Customs is peachy; i can only imagine what their CP is like!

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by Reelmii: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
grin..so if u no sow seed, he wont pray for u,, he did not even ask if u have the financial capacity to sow the seed....tell him to start the prayer then wen the miracle happens, u will do thanksgiving i the orphanage by sowing a seed....

Re: Do People Still Fall For This Kind Of Scam? by chiboycue: 9:33pm On Apr 22
Attached below are another format been used by scammers

Robbers Attack Diamond Bank Owerri, Policeman Shot Dead, 3 Others Injured (Pics) / Bandits Kill Man For Resisting Abduction In Katsina (Photos) / 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect