Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,010 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw (39272 Views)

RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out / Reasons Why Messi Missed Out On UEFA Player Of The Year Top 4 Revealed / Analysis On Europa League Semifinal Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by purplekayc(m): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
Opinionated:
The draw for the UEFA Champions League semifinals have just been concluded and here are my thoughts on the fixtures.

Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid have shown that they are masters of the Champions League and they are always hard to beat when they get to this stage as their record 11 victories in this competition indicates. However, if there is any team that can beat Real over 2 legs, it is probably Atletico Madrid. 2 losses in 2 close-fought finals in the last three years to Real will definitely serve as motivation for Diego Simeone and his men.

However, with Cristiano Ronaldo in fine form, it might be a difficult challenge to beat this Real team under Zinedine Zidane, a great player that is also turning out to be a great coach.

I am tipping Atletico to win this one though, they have been rather unlucky in their losses to Real and I just get the feeling this might be their time to get one over their big city rivals in Europe’s premier club competition. Their mixture of Spartan discipline and technical finesse when required could prove decisive this time around.

Monaco vs. Juventus

This is a classic game of the masters of attack against the masters of defence. The margins at this stage of the competition are so small that any of the 4 semifinalists could actually win the competition. Monaco have shown an amazing mentality and attacking philosophy in this competition. Their approach is simple- we do not mind conceding goals because we are going to outscore you anyway. Juventus on the other hand have shown they are excellent at keeping the best strikers in the world quiet considering the fact that Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar could not find the back of the net over 2 legs against Juventus, neither did the rest of the Barcelona team.

But the Mbappe-Falcao partnership is proving to be difficult to resist and going by the way this Monaco team is dispatching some of Europe’s finest, it is hard not to tip them as favourites to go through. I rate them highly and expect to see them at the final.

I am in effect expecting a Monaco-Atletico Madrid final. Now, that would be quite a spectacle.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/analysis-uefa-champions-league-semifinal-draw/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
ronaldo isn't at his best
Can't run like before sef
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seun360(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Wack analysis.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seanjay(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
muhazeen:
Real madrid vs Juventus in final
madrid all the way

#Halamadrid

na we get the cup no mind all those one posting shit say na atletico go qualify dem don forget say for last 3 season sef we comot am for quarter final wey Chicharito score the winning goal...

The Cup Is Coming To Bernabeu.. we are winning back to back for the first time in europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by yaqq: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
I tip ATM to come out victorious this time.
One thing I have been able to understand in the UEFA Champions League over the years is that a two-legged knockout match is entirely different from a one-legged final.
The last season Man Utd won the Champions League, they defeated Barcelona in the Semi finals - home and away. After that, they have met Barca in two one-legged finals and they have lost on both occasions.
Two seasons ago, Barca defeated Juventus in the finals of the competition, but each time they met in a two-legged knockout round, Juve came out victorious; the most recent being a 3-0 aggregate scoreline win.
Madrid has defeated ATM in two finals of the competition (if they met in 10 finals, Madrid would win all 10), you'll see that the table will turn now that they are meeting in a two-legged round.
the last time Madrid met athletics in knock out stage real Madrid still triumph

1 Like

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by mctowel01: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
Forget dybala, mbape is the real deal
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seanjay(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
vantage001:
Watching Real- Atletico is a waste of time. Real madrid knows how to tame them in the UCL.
Besides, Atletico have not been impressive. They are going to get spanked by Real.
Juventus- monaco is the real deal. Absolute cracker of a game. Juventus need to score enough away goals and defend resolutely at home to have any chance of qualifying, because Monaco is going to attack like a house on fire in both legs.
I expect a Real madrid- Juventus final, but Monaco may as well qualify too.
Real madrid is winning the 12th UCL though. 100% sure.

I SEE YOU MY BROTHER HALA MADRID FOR THE 12TH CUP
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by ominilongest(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
I know say some.barca fans go come here dey talk trash...I'm sure atletcio will be scared off their pants right now... And some people tipping Monaco over juve lol I kagh in Swahili...all I c is Madrid winning the trophy back to back grin
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seanjay(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
AustineCJ:
No better draw than these.... ATM is the best for Real Madrid and I believe C. Ronaldo can always do the job not Forgetting that Captain Fantastic Sagio Ramos loves ATM so much..... hala Madrid, Cardiff here we come.... we did for Ronaldo at Lisbon we can do it for Bale at Cardiff.... let's go there.

HALA MADRID CARDIFF HERE WE COME YOUR CHAMPIONS... 12TH UCL IN BAG ALREADY
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by robosky02(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
its real vs juve

finals grin
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by mayoor15(m): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. He didn't even mention the real in-form player Greisman or Bale or Isco but Ronaldo.
I wonder o, it's Juventus vs Atletico Madrid in the final, over two legs Atletico Madrid will make it through

1 Like

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by mayoor15(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. He didn't even mention the real in-form player Greisman or Bale or Isco but Ronaldo.
I wonder o, it's Juventus vs Atletico Madrid in the final, over two legs Atletico Madrid will make it through...
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
One thing I have been able to understand in the UEFA Champions League over the years is that a two-legged knockout match is entirely different from a one-legged final.
The last season Man Utd won the Champions League, they defeated Barcelona in the Semi finals - home and away. After that, they have met Barca in two one-legged finals and they have lost on both occasions.
Two seasons ago, Barca defeated Juventus in the finals of the competition, but each time they met in a two-legged knockout round, Juve came out victorious; the most recent being a 3-0 aggregate scoreline win.
Madrid has defeated ATM in two finals of the competition (if they met in 10 finals, Madrid would win all 10), you'll see that the table will turn now that they are meeting in a two-legged round.
Dont forget that Real Madrid beat them in quarter final in 2015
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
mayoor15:
I wonder o, it's Juventus vs Atletico Madrid in the final, over two legs Atletico Madrid will make it through
It will be difficult. That Zidane looks like a spirit is working with him. His luck is just too much. Madrid's play is not scary but their luck. It's just too much.

1 Like

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by NnamdiAmos20(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hala Madrid. Let's go to the semis and get to Cardiff and bring the cup home. cool cool cool
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Biggty(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
But Real Madrid also knocked Atletico Madrid out in a two legged Quarter finals in 2015
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Jammiiee(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
And you forgot how madrid trashed Atletico over 2 legs, in Qfinal of ucl, 2 seasons ago, before juve kicked us out of the semifinal angry
Hemanwel:
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by samwise180(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
I see ATM and MONACO playing the final,but dont know the winner. It is just unpredictable and unbelievable
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seun360(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
Opinionated:
The draw for the UEFA Champions League semifinals have just been concluded and here are my thoughts on the fixtures.

Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid have shown that they are masters of the Champions League and they are always hard to beat when they get to this stage as their record 11 victories in this competition indicates. However, if there is any team that can beat Real over 2 legs, it is probably Atletico Madrid. 2 losses in 2 close-fought finals in the last three years to Real will definitely serve as motivation for Diego Simeone and his men.

However, with Cristiano Ronaldo in fine form, it might be a difficult challenge to beat this Real team under Zinedine Zidane, a great player that is also turning out to be a great coach.

I am tipping Atletico to win this one though, they have been rather unlucky in their losses to Real and I just get the feeling this might be their time to get one over their big city rivals in Europe’s premier club competition. Their mixture of Spartan discipline and technical finesse when required could prove decisive this time around.

Monaco vs. Juventus

This is a classic game of the masters of attack against the masters of defence. The margins at this stage of the competition are so small that any of the 4 semifinalists could actually win the competition. Monaco have shown an amazing mentality and attacking philosophy in this competition. Their approach is simple- we do not mind conceding goals because we are going to outscore you anyway. Juventus on the other hand have shown they are excellent at keeping the best strikers in the world quiet considering the fact that Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar could not find the back of the net over 2 legs against Juventus, neither did the rest of the Barcelona team.

But the Mbappe-Falcao partnership is proving to be difficult to resist and going by the way this Monaco team is dispatching some of Europe’s finest, it is hard not to tip them as favourites to go through. I rate them highly and expect to see them at the final.

I am in effect expecting a Monaco-Atletico Madrid final. Now, that would be quite a spectacle.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/analysis-uefa-champions-league-semifinal-draw/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

A very wack analysis.

Poor job.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Seun360(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
samwise180:
I see ATM and MONACO playing the final,but dont know the winner.
It is just unpredictable and unbelievable

You've got symptons of malaria, please visit ur physician.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by wallay77(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
...ATM was beaten by madrid d following year in a quater final of two legs...so u av no point....galaticos all d way
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Faad77(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
. yu try bros, but no forget say Real Madrid beat Ath Madrid in UCL 2015 quarter finals,b4 dy were eliminated by juve in semifinal, but ATM all d way
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Duru009(m): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Real Madrid. Vs. Monaco

#take it or leave it
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by purplekayc(m): 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Can't wait to see this again though cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by nobleblood: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
I don't have any stake. Goons left long time a ago. But for the sake of the neutrals , a Monaco v R. Madrid final would be such a tasty match.

Free scoring Monaco I hear they call them this days. They certainly have lit up Europe this season.

this years competition has been amazing.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Jammiiee(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
I'm sure UEFA is tired of seeing a Madrid derby final, hence decided to pair us
Papishi:
I foresee Atlectico Madrid going through

1 Like

Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by akintho(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
SlyCharlie:

U see how u stay infront of ur computer screen typin stuff u int sure of.
I aint a barca fan, rather I support a team from london that barca respects a lot, above all other English teams

lol....respect?? but they never came to UCL this season.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by SlyCharlie(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
akintho:

lol....respect?? but they never came to UCL this season.
Its football. . Shii happens
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by akintho(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
SlyCharlie:

Its football.
Shii happens

lol...just drop it man. Respect will be earned only when you're consistent in the UCL.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by SlyCharlie(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
akintho:

lol...just drop it man. Respect will be earned only when you're consistent in the UCL.
1999-2016 aint consistent enough??
Come man, be realistic... Its a competition, not ur fathers house.
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Lumig: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
JUVENTUS vs ATM for champions league Ajax vs Celta Vigo for Europa cup
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Ricky247(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hemanwel:
You forgot to add that real Madrid also beat Atletico Madrid in a two-legged quarter final two seasons ago before they were eliminated by eventual finalists, Juventus! So based on logistics, you are far from being accurate!
Re: Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw by Ricky247(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
Jammiiee:
I'm sure UEFA is tired of seeing a Madrid derby final, hence decided to pair us

Exactly! They are tired of an all madrid final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phone Case Designed With Super Eagles Jersey (Photos) / Samuel Eto'o Celebrates AFCON Title With Cameroon. Photos / Stanley Nwabali Visits His Grassroot Club Chairman, Felix Obuah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.