Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

When Your Wife Is Richer Than You - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (63683 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2017
It's ok for a husband to make a little less than the wife, but if the gap is too much, it will cause problems. Broke men are extremely unattractive.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tallesty1:
The same long story.

Here you are, a lady that haven't met up 5% of Nigeria men and you're already ranting that 99% Nigeria men are insecure bla bla...

I don't know where this mentality is from but I have this to say about it.
Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks.

The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her.

These are the women that my brothers are scared of. It is called being careful and not insecurity.

And for your information, it isn't just Nigeria men, if a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women(career women) is asking for trouble.

If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill ( American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier ( Institute for Social Research).

Have you seen that it just isn't a Nigeria thing?

Now can we the stats to back your ridiculous 99.9$ nonsense?

The same studies have found that professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it.

Men are not scared of women with wealth, they're simply not ready for their endless troubles.

Nobody will willingly pierce his body with many sorrows.

Now lemme bring it down to Nigeria women.

This is what happens when a guy asks for the hand of a rich girl in marriage.
Each member of the family will buy one Laser-Sharp Binoculars that can pierce through his flesh and bones and zoom the guy's soul to search his spirit to know if he's after the woman's wealth.

Even when the Binoculars reads negative, they still won't believe it, they will become very envious and are likely to disrespect the guy.

The guy have alota work to do to prove his not after their sister's money before they can respect him.....

The mama will be like, "My daughter, that guy is after your money. He's not good for you, wait my dear, when a good guy comes I will tell you".

Who wants that?

Finally, these women, especially those working in an office or something of that nature do not know that there are things one needs to succeed in business and work.

These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are in trouble.
Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility.

Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone.

Stay Alone Then.

If you're rich and no man wants to marry you, it's because you're not good.

Stop consoling yourself with the Nigeria men are insecure around women with wealth.

Acquiring wealth doesn't mean you should get married automatically.
There are many broke single women out there and many rich women are getting married even as we talk.

Work on yourself.

According the op, the women was sent parking because she was rich, and I ask, all these poor broke ladies that gets divorced all the time, is it their wealth that intimidated their husbands?

Stumbled on this and I must say hilarious!

Women need to seek men their level.... not necessarily financially but mentally.

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by mikolo80: 2:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Precial419:
AM TIRED OF DESE THREADS. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE A JOB, SHE IS A LAZY WOMAN AND ALLOW HER MAN TO OPPRESS HER. IF A WIFE IS RICHER THAN HER HUSBAND, SHE IS SURELY BE PROUD AND DISRESPECTFUL. PLS GUYS R LADIES SUPOSE TO BE SITIN ON D FENCE?
they're supposed to be in kitchen and Oza room

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by ImaIma1(f): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2017
Precial419:
AM TIRED OF DESE THREADS. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE A JOB, SHE IS A LAZY WOMAN AND ALLOW HER MAN TO OPPRESS HER. IF A WIFE IS RICHER THAN HER HUSBAND, SHE IS SURELY BE PROUD AND DISRESPECTFUL. PLS GUYS R LADIES SUPOSE TO BE SITIN ON D FENCE?

Live your life and forget how one guy thinks you are supposed to be...not your business...his business.
The right guy won't care about such things
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by OlawaleBammie: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Tallesty1:
The same long story.

Here you are, a lady that haven't met up 5% of Nigeria men and you're already ranting that 99% Nigeria men are insecure bla bla...

I don't know where this mentality is from but I have this to say about it.
Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks.

The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her.

These are the women that my brothers are scared of. It is called being careful and not insecurity.

And for your information, it isn't just Nigeria men, if a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women(career women) is asking for trouble.

If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill ( American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier ( Institute for Social Research).

Have you seen that it just isn't a Nigeria thing?

Now can we the stats to back your ridiculous 99.9$ nonsense?

The same studies have found that professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it.

Men are not scared of women with wealth, they're simply not ready for their endless troubles.

Nobody will willingly pierce his body with many sorrows.

Now lemme bring it down to Nigeria women.

This is what happens when a guy asks for the hand of a rich girl in marriage.
Each member of the family will buy one Laser-Sharp Binoculars that can pierce through his flesh and bones and zoom the guy's soul to search his spirit to know if he's after the woman's wealth.

Even when the Binoculars reads negative, they still won't believe it, they will become very envious and are likely to disrespect the guy.

The guy have alota work to do to prove his not after their sister's money before they can respect him.....

The mama will be like, "My daughter, that guy is after your money. He's not good for you, wait my dear, when a good guy comes I will tell you".

Who wants that?

Finally, these women, especially those working in an office or something of that nature do not know that there are things one needs to succeed in business and work.

These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are in trouble.
Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility.

Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone.

Stay Alone Then.

If you're rich and no man wants to marry you, it's because you're not good.

Stop consoling yourself with the Nigeria men are insecure around women with wealth.

Acquiring wealth doesn't mean you should get married automatically.
There are many broke single women out there and many rich women are getting married even as we talk.

Work on yourself.

According the op, the women was sent parking because she was rich, and I ask, all these poor broke ladies that gets divorced all the time, is it their wealth that intimidated their husbands?

like seriously u get brain

respect!!!
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:32am On Jan 30, 2021
lastclaire4:

Honestly, you just nailed it. There is no way a lady will be richer than a guy that there won't be problem. Except the family is a praying family. People are found of saying the lady is not humble . But it is not true. It is in the nature of a man to provide and when he doesn't it creates trouble. That is why it is good to marry someone who holds same believe as u do. You pray together to come out of situations and all.

Whatever the woman has belongs to the man and vice versal. Whether the woman kills a snake or the man kills a snake the most important thing is for the snake to die. The snake in this context is "poverty". But a man will not agree.
The woman atittude also changes. Dnt just hype the blame on the poor man. NICE WRITE~UP
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:35am On Jan 30, 2021
bukatyne:

Stumbled on this and I must say hilarious!

Women need to seek men their level.... not necessarily financially but mentally.
Nailed
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:38am On Jan 30, 2021
ImaIma1:

Live your life and forget how one guy thinks you are supposed to be...not your business...his business.
The right guy won't care about such things
And the right ladies atittude wont change with money
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Omotayor123:

But in the above case, the woman was plain and not proud at all.
She even put the husband in charge of things
Then the man gat a poor reasoning
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:45am On Jan 30, 2021
INTROVERT:
Questions is, who sent her packing?

LET ME SPEAK FOR THE GUYS before you answer the above.
First of all she, like many others may have lost respect for our husband because 'richer' than them. She suddenly becomes proud and pompous to do household chores etc because she dishes out more dough.
Oga u aren't a woman. Just change ur monika
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 3:59am On Jan 30, 2021
Omotayor123:

You raise nice points. If only all men could think same.
But that Ego ehn:"(
Please stop this . Its never as smooth as u guys are seeing. As if women are the saints of 21th century
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 4:00am On Jan 30, 2021
Omotayor123:
You raise nice points. If only all men could think same. But that Ego ehn:"(
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by LordKO(m): 8:06am On Jan 30, 2021
When a wife who's a self-absorbing and or opportunistic woman is richer than her husband, she becomes a source of sorrow to him, especially one who doesn't have an altruistic interest in her husband. The husband can only be a little safe if he's gritty and psychologically advanced than her.

Meanwhile, when a wife who's a conscientious woman is richer than her husband, better if she has an altruistic interest for him also, her success will become a source of upliftment and happiness to him in particular and the family in general, provided that he's conscientious and has an altruistic interest in her.

It can never be about money; rather, it'll always be about the ethical leanings of the parties involved.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by bukatyne(f): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2021
Kelvin3476:
Nailed

Thanks smiley

Eku thread resurrection. grin
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by lastclaire4(f): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Kelvin3476:
The woman atittude also changes. Dnt just hype the blame on the poor man. NICE WRITE~UP

wink thank you.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2021
lastclaire4:

wink thank you.
U are welcomed
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Kelvin3476: 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
bukatyne:

Thanks smiley
Eku thread resurrection. grin
Eku thread resurrection "WHAT'S THAT"?
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Rosebloom: 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
Why would I want to earn more than my husband. I don't earn enough to earn more than him abeg.

If in the future I do... Well, hell yeah!
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by MSGAMBLE9: 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
Merceline:
chores ke did he marry her only for chores? is the chore meant for any special person? anybody who has the chance can do it. children belongs to man and wife, same as the house. everyone who is an adult should clean after themselves. if the lady happens to make more money it means absolutely nothing. the man should be humble enough to accept it and the lady humble enough to know that their marriage is not because of money. once they are married they are one and the same irrespective of who makes more dough. both of them need to cut their ego. humility, love and respect apply to both of them in that situation not the just the woman.
men are allowed to be pompous and proud and order women around when they have money.
once the position reverses the man's ego becomes sensitive to everything the woman does.
not that I support it but it is the reality.
Your reality. Women misbehave when they are financially better than the man. They even make their fellow ladies (Friends, workers) miserable and inferior not to talk of their hubby they are feeding.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Money should not be the only quality a man should possess before committing to a woman. There should be more. If your woman is richer than you, then a man should have other compensating qualities, and his ego should not feel bruised or try to cut her wings from flying farther.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me / Lovely Photo Of Couple Kissing But Their Baby Does Not Show One Bit Of Interest / I Became A "Baby Daddy" After My Dad Questioned My Ability To Impregnate Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.