Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba (18732 Views)

“My Album Drops in September” – Jesse Jagz / Kelly Handsome Fires Bk At M.i (finish U̶̲̥̅̊ Boy) / Vector's Album Drops On Friday 29th October 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
iya gbogbo haters

Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by ahmedoo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2010
nice pics .see as ruggedy clean up.
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by bouzymill(m): 7:58am On Jun 17, 2010
Rhymstein:

@tosin

Thought u went tru skul,na i doubt,u obviously bribed your way in n bribed your way out,if not u wld ve known dat an argument is invalid,if its nt backed by[b] facts or evidence present,from them,u make your deductions
So give me d units sold[/b],if u claim it was successful
Unless your base for success,is d airplay *baraje*,*big bross* got
And u claim to be d smart one SMH
Ruggedy baba was everywhere,dat was d successful album
TAC,was successful,then d artiste had to switch style in d nxt album,u r far from being smart

U said EPU was unsuccessful,it was reported it sold a 100k in d 1st 4 months
And u ve[b] failed to back your successful album wit its sales[/b]

An album dat came out wen most 9gerians werent buyin cds,rap for dat matter.n wasnt face to face,d 9ja hiphop album dat broke grounds,sales wise
Mathematicians/statisticians/mathematical economist make statements frm empirical facts,

Its such a pity dat ppl lyk u think they r smart,but they r actually otherwise

Rhymestein. . . These points are clear enough for them to respond but NO, they would divert. The next thing you would hear is that you're an anonist or your comments are asinine. lol

This is not even about Modenine or whoever. this is argument based on FACT. I hate exaggerations.

1. Thy Album Come sold six figures on itunes - - - -- - Post figures with references!!!! or better still, who said it on the radio? lol.

2. Ruggedman is the African HipHop Torchbearer in the world hiphop market- - -- Stated by who Itunes? Soundscan abi wetin?.

If Airplay equals album sales. . . . then Deebee (Collabo) should be using Murano by now

I guess you need to narrow the meaning value of your "Successful". . .
~Sauron~:

Naija Hip-Hop will never forget Ruggedman. In the next 2-3 years, no one will remember Mode9 did shyte for the industry.
Let him continue to wear his winter jacket in the hot climate and rocking his old Timbz [/b]while Ruggedy is making HISTORY.

In the next 2-3 years keeeeeee!!!! even [b]now , Ruggedman is almost irrelevant when it comes to music, the only place you can feel is relevance today is in Controversy. . . so what are you saying? You have been waiting for one album for like two years now and that's how we would remember him. . . you're kidding me

Ofcourse[b] "Naija HipHop"[/b] will never forget ruggedman . . . as in "Naija HipHop Fans" But for real, In the HipHop history in Nigeria, Ruggedman will not be forgotten and ofcourse Eedris AbdulKareem would not be forgotten grin

I'm waiting for the usual response. . . grin grin grin
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by tosinaded(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2010
jargons. . . . . . .
its either u guys are just sick or ure deluded. .

Thy Album Come remains the first album to be a succesful rap album in NIgeria!
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by tosinaded(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2010
Thought u went tru skul,na i doubt,u obviously bribed your way in n bribed your way out,if not u wld ve known dat an argument is invalid,if its nt backed by facts or evidence present,from them,u make your deductions
So give me d units sold,if u claim it was successful

u want units sold? sebi u sef go sch na. . . u suppose sabi use internet search!

Unless your base for success,is d airplay *baraje*,*big bross* got
And u claim to be d smart one SMH
Ruggedy baba was everywhere,dat was d successful album
TAC,was successful,then d artiste had to switch style in d nxt album,u r far from being smart

sometimes i wonder if u really just play dumb, or ure actually dumb!
wut actualy do u mean switchn styles? rap to raggae?

U said EPU was unsuccessful,it was reported it sold a 100k in d 1st 4 months
And u ve failed to back your successful album wit its sales

ure actually more St.upid dan i tut. . . . . for ur mind u dan back up ur own claim abi?
it was reported to av 100k copies, common man we resemble ode for here?
reported by who? is this ur idea of proof?
u be f.ool

An album dat came out wen most 9gerians werent buyin cds,rap for dat matter.n wasnt face to face,d 9ja hiphop album dat broke grounds,sales wise
Mathematicians/statisticians/mathematical economist make statements frm empirical facts,

oponu ti soro gidi loju e. . . . . . .
Do u av an idea wut the song Ehen did to Nigeria?
do u know wut Bigbros did to Nigeria?
reasonable Nigerians, not fcktards like you had been waiting for a revolution in naija music industry!
they saw it in Ruggenman. . . . . . . his album was anticipitated by Nigeria!
Morons like u complained the album wonnt sell cos there was no Dance track. . . . He did baraje!

and the album was a complete album!

NOW U RHYMSTEIN WAKES UP FROM THE DEAD TO TELL ME THAT tHY ALBUM COME WASNT SUCCESFUL?
WEN NO BE SAY I NO DEY NAIJA DURING THAT PERIOD!
FCK YOU MAN. . . . YOU LACK THE ABILITY TO ADMIT THE TTRUTH TO SAVE YOUR MISERABLE LIFE!
ODE!
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by rapjunkie(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2010
I remember going to Nigeria in early 2003. There were two BIG albums at the time. Tufaces's face 2 face and Ruggedman's Thy Album Come.

I bought about 5 copies of both. The truth is, Ruggedman made me sit up and take note of Naija Hip hop. He made pidgin sound so cool. I only liked Trybesmen's 'plenty nonsense' before that. Rugged definitely made people realise that there was money to be made in naija hip hop. He seemed fearless and daring because taking on Kennis music was no mean feat.

Only Tuface's album may have sold more than Ruggeds TAC at that time.

I don't think he sold 6 figures ( a million?) on i-tunes BUT he probably sold a good number.
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2010
@rhymes

BENIN IS LOCAL guy, u keep metioning benin anytime we re discusing naija hiphop

please stop talking about LOCAL EDO STATE  when real hiphop is on ground cos benin is behind time.
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by bouzymill(m): 10:04am On Jun 17, 2010
dammiecool:

@rhymes

BENIN IS LOCAL guy, u keep metioning benin anytime we re discusing naija hiphop

please stop talking about LOCAL EDO STATE  when real hiphop is on ground cos benin is behind time.

Don't talk about it, if you don't know about it. . . I lived in Benin for quite sometime, and you are wrong for calling it local. That you live in Lagos doesn't mean life ends in LAGOS. . . Have you been out of Lagos before? probably one or two places,
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2010
Belive it or not BENIN is LOCAL in fact akure is better than benin even asaba. tongue

bouzymill:

. . . Have you been out of Lagos before? probably one or two places,

Guy I served in asaba so i dey enter benin wella.

the only hiphop thing that came out of benin is shanchez and oriri
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by tosinaded(m): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2010
I served in Maiduguri, Borno state capital. . . . . . . .
and i can boldly say that maiduguri is more developed than Benin. . . . .

this modafukka wey rule that state, wrecked the state, no development!

they interviewed the yeye past Governor on why the state lacked any development, he said Benin is an ancient kingdom, thats why he left it like that after 8yrs!!!

am sure RHYMSTEIN is as s.tupid as the governor
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2010
list of city wey dope pass benin[/b]enugu

[b]owerri
aba
makurdi
onisha
jos
akure
ife
ado-ekiti
port harcourt
asaba
abuja

infact the list no get end, if i hear benin again I go pour una water grin grin grin
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by bouzymill(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
dammiecool:

list of city wey dope pass benin[/b]enugu

[b]owerri
aba
makurdi
onisha
jos
akure
[b]ife

ado-ekiti
port harcourt
asaba
abuja[/b]

infact the list no get end, if i hear benin again I go pour una water grin grin grin

Guy, before you pour the waterfor your own head now, wetin Ife and Ado-Ekiti dey find for the list??
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by coolguyz(m): 6:54am On Jun 18, 2010
i just luv NL grin grin grin
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dawhizkid1(m): 7:09am On Jun 18, 2010
dammiecool:

the only hiphop thing that came out of benin is shanchez and oriri
and Gino and Sossick and Cyrus Da Virus and Maleke and Franchize and Spurz D Nero. . . .

Rhymestein and Co wey dey ask of Fact to back TAC, i get 1 question for all of una. . . . Is there an 0rganisation dat's set up for Monitoring and Stating out Figures of Album sale in IXja?

According to Ruggedman, As @ d time TAC was Release, Album Marketing in Naija was @ an infant stage n he cudn't really State how much the album sold. . . . However he Said the Album has More Commercial Success Than Ruggedybaba. . . . He also said Ruggedybaba sold the First 100,000 copies in 3weeks and the 2nd 100,000 in 3months!

I no fit post Screenshots because na Nokia3110c, i dey use, make una no vex!
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 7:56am On Jun 18, 2010
da-whizkid:

and Gino and Sossick and Cyrus Da Virus and Maleke and Franchize and Spurz D Nero. . . .

most of dis guyz re gettin it lock down in lagos cool
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by tosinaded(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2010
Mobinga never in ur life respond to me again!
u lack common sense
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by ahmedoo(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2010
yeah i think its really hard to determine album sales figure in 9ja,its like pirates make more money 4rm cd sales than even the artiste. so i guess in other to determine how succesful an album is it will be based on hw many gigs artistes get on that album, then maybe hw often the songs are played on air,
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by Genuflect(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2010
Rhymestein, you better move to Lagos so you can be in the know and stop using your friends to judge if an album sold or not. No wonder dem dey call you kid. Grow up son
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by lalaboi(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2010
Guys. . .keep out insults eh. . .am sure we can all disagree/agree to agree/disagree peacefully  grin
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by ahmedoo(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^^^^you are making sense
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by ahmedoo(m): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^^^^you are making sense
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by mcbhydemi: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ruggedy definately killed it back then,, his TAC album was good and was what naija hiphop needed to advance, His major problem is, what he did after acheiving this feat.
Ok Ruggedman broke into the game with 'Ehen' and then started recordin songs with other wack artist, I remember he used to say he was the 'most featured artist' then. MOST OF THOSE HE GOT ON TRACKS WITH WHERE AS WACK AS EEDRIS,TETUILA, RASKI.At first he baptised the game, then he started encouragin wack artists, thats what actually killed ruggedman props.
From a personal point of veiw, I think Ruggedyman dissed his way into the industry!he doesn't really have much to offer since that + he could be dissin his way out dis tym.
TAC, was superb. I bought RuggedyBaba, but it was filled with dancetracks unlike its predeccesor.He doesnt really have much to offer. 3 albums he's gone! Shows that as well
The mode 9 beef actually dragged him down, only conspicously (as he was already down anyway). I liked him back then, but he has failed me and will even fail the more if he does a deathblow reply now, as he should have done it wen the heat was on.Doin it now is like running behind curtains.
Well i will still listen to his new album, with an open mind, hopin he'l impress me.
For now atleast, Mode9 has achieved more 'hiphopwise' and thats all i care about (i dont have anythin to do with their money)
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by mcbhydemi: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ruggedy definately killed it back then,, his TAC album was good and was what naija hiphop needed to advance, His major problem is, what he did after acheiving this feat.
Ok Ruggedman broke into the game with 'Ehen' and then started recordin songs with other wack artist, I remember he used to say he was the 'most featured artist' then. MOST OF THOSE HE GOT ON TRACKS WITH WHERE AS WACK AS EEDRIS,TETUILA, RASKI.At first he baptised the game, then he started encouragin wack artists, thats what actually killed ruggedman props.
From a personal point of veiw, I think Ruggedyman dissed his way into the industry!he doesn't really have much to offer since that + he could be dissin his way out dis tym.
TAC, was superb. I bought RuggedyBaba, but it was filled with dancetracks unlike its predeccesor.He doesnt really have much to offer. 3 albums he's gone! Shows that as well
The mode 9 beef actually dragged him down, only conspicously (as he was already down anyway). I liked him back then, but he has failed me and will even fail the more if he does a deathblow reply now, as he should have done it wen the heat was on.Doin it now is like running behind curtains.
Well i will still listen to his new album, with an open mind, hopin he'l impress me.
For now atleast, Mode9 has achieved more 'hiphopwise' and thats all i care about (i dont have anythin to do with their money)
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2010
mc_bhydemi:

wetin dis one dey yarn angry angry
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by baslone: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
E dey try tell you say Mode9 don get him own category for Hip Awards!
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by Mynd44: 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
Its boring how you bicker about ruggedman. Just mention one rap album in nigeria that is as succesful as TAC and you win.
Folks just like to hate and that is not a problem hate all u want after all you were born with a genetic defect to hate rugged.
Let me leave you to your job and listen to rugged featuring ice prince zamani.
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by Mynd44: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2010
And please stop refering to mode 9 wat does he have? Davinci code? That is the worst way i have spent 150. Only three tracks worth listening to more than once and that includes the geographically flawed "BAD MAN"
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by Mynd44: 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
And please stop refering to mode 9 wat does he have? Davinci code? That is the worst way i have spent 150. Only three tracks worth listening to more than once and that includes the geographically flawed "BAD MAN"
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2010
davincin wateva= failure
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by 04kaa: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2010
dammiecool:

davincin wateva= failure

haba dammie.!!!
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by dammiecool(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
04kaa:

haba dammie.!!!

Guy make we talk true, u sef see how d thing be now cool
Re: 2010 Album Drops When I Finish-ruggedy Baba by 04kaa: 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
dammiecool:

Guy make we talk true, u sef see how d thing be now cool

yes i see, but u dont have to hate on any of em., me i like both of em sha o,
. it takes maturity to like 2 of them. easy on the hate man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

M.i Nobody Ft. Tuface Lyrics / Sir Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo Remix Ft 2face [Video Download] / VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.