Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? (1077 Views)

My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / My 2006 Toyota Corolla Accelerates On It’s Own / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by kclub83(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Please I need someone who can give me a good solution to my Peugeot 406 98 model. The car accelerates itself at interval and this is annoying to me and this burns my fuel. I just parked the car somewhere as most mechanics are just eating my Kish. Pls what can i do? Help a brother.
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2017
All things point to the intake system... obviously. Sensor cleaning, throttle system cleaning are things to look at. If you are DIY savvy and a risk-taker you can service your intake system yourself.
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:52am On Apr 22, 2017
Wow congratulations!

You now have a self-driving car!

Sell it to Peugeot for a large amount of money.

2 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by kclub83(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Wow congratulations!

You now have a self-driving car!

Sell it to Peugeot for a large amount of money.
I don't get your point pls
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by kclub83(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
Mementoes:
All things point to the intake system... obviously. Sensor cleaning, throttle system cleaning are things to look at. If you are DIY savvy and a risk-taker you can service your intake system yourself.
pls do mean the air intake system or fuel intake system? And how can I service it myself?
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by ricki: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
it could be a pseudo- fake turbo programmed by peugeot...... i had experienced such too wen i drove hdi diesels but if not well ur answer might be up dere.
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
kclub83:
pls do mean the air intake system or fuel intake system? And how can I service it myself?
Air intake. You will need to remove the throttle body and clean it. I don't know how your engine looks exactly but the tube going to the air filter and the throttle cable usually attaches to the throttle body. If the throttle body is dirty, it might make the idle speed control system to misbehave.
Also, check that the throttle mechanism is smooth and it returns to rest position when released.
Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
kclub83:
I don't get your point pls

If you don't know what a self-driving car is, then we have nothing to talk about.

Good bye.

2 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 Accelerates Itself, What Should I Do? by kclub83(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
Mementoes:

Air intake. You will need to remove the throttle body and clean it. I don't know how your engine looks exactly but the tube going to the air filter and the throttle cable usually attaches to the throttle body. If the throttle body is dirty, it might make the idle speed control system to misbehave.
Also, check that the throttle mechanism is smooth and it returns to rest position when released.
thanks, actually I just changed the accelerator cable and am still experiencing such. I will explain to my mechanic the way u explained this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Recalls: Why Are Nigerians Not Part Of It? / Ford Edge 2014 Model For Sale / I Need A Good Mechanic For Infiniti Qx56 2005. Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.