Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January (1982 Views)

Suspended SGF Lawal Sticks His Tongue Mocking Nigerians In Aso Rock - Kperogi / Three Recommendations From The Senate Report Which Nailed SGF, Lawal / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by freeze001(f): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2017
menxer:

In as much as I side PMB, Nigerian politicians are not black and white.

Sani talked about "interim" report that was signed by 3 (7?) members, how many signed the final report?
Was it the interim report or final report that was sent to the President?

Did u see the part where it says that even if it was signed by 3 persons that they still had quorum? Quorum represents one-third of the expected number of persons in a committee or group. This was a 9-man panel and one-third of them represents 3 people. Finally, seven people signed but even if only 3 did as deceitfully claimed by the President, it remains a valid report because quorum had been formed.

Again look:

Sani said: "Issues were raised that only three members of the committee signed that interim report, that was also a second lie coming from the Presidency. I have a copy of the interim report, which was initially signed by seven members of the nine members of that committee and I'm going to submit it to the Clerk of the Senate.

The President was disputing the interim report and it is the same interim report that Sani addressed. Once that report was submitted to the Clerk, it became the final report because all Committees must report to the main house, they do not act on their own. It remains 7 signatures not 3.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by dukie25: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2017
menxer:

In as much as I side PMB, Nigerian politicians are not black and white.

Sani talked about "interim" report that was signed by 3 (7?) members, how many signed the final report?
Was it the interim report or final report that was sent to the President?

Sani disputed the above.
Read the article above carefully.

But in a quick reaction, Mr. Sani raised a point of order to defend his commitee’s report.
He said Mr. Buhari’s claims were false, insisting that Mr. Lawal and other parties were involved and his committee had evidence
He also said seven of nine members of the committee signed the report, not three of nine as claimed by Mr. Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by menxer: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2017
dukie25:

He sees what he wants to see, pdp members should be the only ones indicted.
grin

As if Magu or Burutai are APC political appointees from the streets.

I don't support PMB because I am APC member, but because I believe he can do better than GEJ.

By the way I am a card carrying member of PDP, which is not necessary.
Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by dukie25: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2017
menxer:

As if Magu or Burutai are APC political appointees from the streets.

I don't support PMB because I am APC member, but because I believe he can do better than GEJ.

By the way I am a card carrying member of PDP, which is not necessary.

I am the organising secretary of APC in my ward.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by freeze001(f): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2017
dukie25:

I am the organising secretary of APC in my ward.

Ah! I remember our last 'I stand With Bughari' rally and with me as APC Welfare Secretary for Women Affairs in our ward, it was a rousing 'success'!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by baralatie(m): 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
grin
Re: Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January by Sirjamo: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
dukie25:

What has changed?
Magu is still in his job with all the allegations by the DSS
Buratai is still at his job despite owning 2 luxurious hotels in Dubai
Abba Kyari is still doing his job despite collecting N500 million from MTN

What has changed?
And you my friend, are still posting without using your senses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa: Understanding The Northern Nigeria Oil Reserves Strategy / The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking / Why We Won't Do Kurdistan,ambazonia,and Catalonia Method.ipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.