Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding (1116 Views)

Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary / Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Bride Wed In A Simple Ceremony Abroad (Photos) / Simple And Classy Wedding; Total Expenses N805,000. All Expenses Covered To T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
please note, I am not broke or stingy (put this in mind before advicing)
I have been dating my girl for 18 months now. I love her a lot would love to settle down with her. My only problem is we have different ideas of what a marriage ceremony should look like.
I would like the attendance of my wedding to be the family and close friends of the bride and groom. With God's blessings, a think a marriage is set to last the test of time.
wifey on the other side adores stuff like pre wedding photoshots on Lindaikeji, bellanaija, dailytrust paper, Nairaland, and also attendance of classmates from nursery school to university to church to workplace and even strangers who she believes also brightens up a wedding ceremony. She once told me a 21st century Nigerian marriage not put up on Lindaikeji and Nairaland is ill prepared.
I dont hate people, i am just sensivity on marriage and child naming ceremony and feel attendance should be only for people who truly harbour good will for us and our future together.
Pls i need nairaland advice on how to tell her I will not have a photoshot for lindaikeji and also attendance of random strangers on our wedding day. I will not in any way compromise on this.
Also note. I dont want to lose wifey. Advice with sense will be appreciated.
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by redcliff: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lol. If this is the type of woman you want to marry, then be looking ahead for bigger things... grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by migeoart(f): 2:09am On Apr 23, 2017
Try to talk to her about your idea or view about the ceremony , its all about understanding that is the beginning of marriage itself ! Personally I like it lowkey
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Nicogen4us(f): 4:36am On Apr 23, 2017
obinnho10:
I have been dating my girl for 18 months now. I love her a lot would love to settle down with her. My only problem is we have different ideas of what a marriage ceremony should look like.
I would like the attendance of my wedding to be the family and close friends of the bride and groom. With God's blessings, a think a marriage is set to last the test of time.
wifey on the other side adores stuff like pre wedding photoshots on Lindaikeji, bellanaija, dailytrust paper, Nairaland, and also attendance of classmates from nursery school to university to church to workplace and even strangers who she believes also brightens up a wedding ceremony. She once told me a 21st century Nigerian marriage not put up on Lindaikeji and Nairaland is ill prepared.
I dont hate people, i am just sensivity on marriage and child naming ceremony and feel attendance should be only for people who truly harbour good will for us and our future together.
Pls i need nairaland advice on how to tell her I will not have a photoshot for lindaikeji and also attendance of random strangers on our wedding day. I will not in any way compromise on this.

At first, call and sit her down and ask the following questions from her and later conclude based on her reply
1, Like how much saving she is having for the wedding and in the next six months after the wedding
2, Like how much are the parent from both of you planing to give you after the event to cater for feeding,clothing,house rent and misellenous expenses
3, what is her salary scale now and how is she planning to increase it after the wedding when expenses will be more elaborate
4, Is she having another source of business apart from salary or are you the only one that will carry all the domestic reponsibility
5,Is she prayerful to make things work instantly if there is unforcing incident
Is it immediate satisfaction that matters to her or future of the Union
6, Is she ready to be a partner in the union or every load interns of financial on you alone even to feeding and house maintainance.
7, Will she agree to start a joint savings legally at the bank from both salary for falling backup
if all is yes with you getting the proof and lure her into the actions you can go ahead but if anyone carries no as an answer frankly tell her you need to wait for another four years to strategies yourself before going to the union to avoid not doing your responsibility and in view you will have to minimize your flamboyant expense on her now.
I am sure she will beg for her action
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by jasman2017: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
obinnho10:

Since you are getting married soon, I feel you might need to pick some vendors here or get an estimate for your upcoming event

https://eventscost.com/

https://eventscost.com/index.php/estimate-your-event-cost/ - Tool that helps you estimate a cost
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Westlife2013(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2017
obinnho10:
Whatever you guys decide do not forget that life after the wedding day is the main koko. make una save money o. If you wedding is holding in Lagos I won't mind to come perform for you musically, and for free. Hit me up on WHATSAPP: 08067492989
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I think this is more about the believes tho. But yes she is not doing soo well financially we are just doing alright i would say.
Nicogen4us:

At first, call and sit her down and ask the following questions from her and later conclude based on her reply
1, Like how much saving she is having for the wedding and in the next six months after the wedding
2, Like how much are the parent from both of you planing to give you after the event to cater for feeding,clothing,house rent and misellenous expenses
3, what is her salary scale now and how is she planning to increase it after the wedding when expenses will be more elaborate
4, Is she having another source of business apart from salary or are you the only one that will carry all the domestic reponsibility
5,Is she prayerful to make things work instantly if there is unforcing incident
Is it immediate satisfaction that matters to her or future of the Union
6, Is she ready to be a partner in the union or every load interns of financial on you alone even to feeding and house maintainance.
7, Will she agree to start a joint savings legally at the bank from both salary for falling backup
if all is yes with you getting the proof and lure her into the actions you can go ahead but if anyone carries no as an answer frankly tell her you need to wait for another four years to strategies yourself before going to the union to avoid not doing your responsibility and in view you will have to minimize your flamboyant expense on her now.
I am sure she will beg for her action
Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Laird(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tell her Your budget and tell her to foot the rest of the bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice L!!!! I Want A Simple And Low Key Wedding by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sit her down and let her knw ur budget. Some pple even come up wt d idea of "dey said i shd nt do loud wedding" ewww! Dats just by d way sha. Just be frank abt it, dis is my budget" am sure she will understand.

Incase u need d service of a cake decorator,,, here's my watsapp 08025623126

(1) (Reply)

I Need Cooling Van / Hood Talent Show (A Free Admission Show) / Romantic SMS Messages To Send On Valentine ’s Day♥ ♥ ♥

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.