Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result (54155 Views)

Babcook Vs OAU Response To Students' Sex Tape / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 / UNILAG VS OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Mikolion87(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
sgtponzihater:

I hate to see u as illiterate but u are ur degree is bachelor of dental sciences/surgery and the stupid degree ends there, all the other things u are saying is mere baldadash and non-existent jargon. Medicine and surgery speaks for itself with their degree.

I'm sure you know so well you're the most illiterate one.. And we're all trying to brush you up patiently. I'll not give up on you.. Lol. Medicine and surgery is part of BDS degree. The exams we write in Med/surg is termed BDS part 1, while the main BDS exam is BDS part 2. You think to perform surgery in the face and jaws is a child's play? If it's restricted to "Dental" (teeth) as the degree says, why do dentists also perform surgery on the jaws and facial bones.. Receive sense kid LOL
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mikolion87:

Lol..very funny. And yet you are not a doctor. The degree says, Bachelor in Dental SURGERY.. Involves performing microsurgery in the dental tissue, the pulp of the teeth requiring high technicalities to locate and operate their-in (RC therapy), also involves Periodontal plastic surgeries to repair receeding gums using grafts SURGICALLY, performing life changing surgeries on the jaws and maxillofacial region to reconstruct jaws and facial bones damaged by accident and cancer, repairing cleft lips and palate SURGICALLY, Performing orthognatic surgeries, aligning misaligned jaws and teeth using orthodontic appliances.. Also treating Medical conditions (examples as above and much more) in the mouth using drugs.
Performing facial transplants with proper motivation when necessary (read about Dr Bernard Devauchelle, a Dentist/maxillofacial surgeon). It's pitiful all you know about dentistry is scaling and polishing and extraction.. Lol

And yes, I'll look at my certificate more than 5 times a day to remind myself that I'm a SURGEON with special skills to restore your dental and maxillofacial deformities to working conditions. No one has such skills like myself. And have gone through rigorous trainings in Human Medicine and Dentistry to acquire that degree. In the theatre, the whole of the human body is under my care and expertise not just the mouth while I work in my region. So, who else has the ability to treat Surgically and Medically in the oral cavity if not a dentist. Lol.

Whenever I look at the degree, it is a constant reminder of my hardwork and dedication in the medical school. Who can write two exams simultaneously (MBBS and BDS) and come out at the end as a SURGEON, a Dental Surgeon. Only one who has been touched by the gods.. #smiles. Try it if you no dey fear, and I bet you can't survive the 2nd MB phase.

Who told u I can't survive. I am an academic lower power house, infact those exams are too for me.
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Mikolion87(m): 12:48am On Apr 26, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Who told u I can't survive. I am an academic lower power house, infact those exams are too for me.

Not from the way you talk bro. An "Academic power house" should be humble and willing to learn. Not speaking haphazardly and throwing tantrums here and there.. We know our kinds when we see them.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by LaReve: 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
afonjasaremad:

you ended up repeating the same statement I made......I will still repeat my statement...be it lecture or student fault....
From the result up there....UNN has the most strict admission process...... I will prefer to be treated by a doctor who graduated from UNN than OAU...standard matters a lot...not passing a medical exam as if na linguistics

Guy be reasonable. If unn have the 'most strict admission process ' as you claim, they should have admitted the best students .students that shouldn't have trouble passing.. ..for them to fail this bad shows following your logic that they actually admitted very poor students hence they have a very loose admission process that let's poor students in
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by LaReve: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
Chascop:
The standard of marking is never the same..

Do you know that in some schools, the first year students there write Mathematics (which is not proper) and in some schools too, it doesn't exist.

I can only agree that this is pure wickedness. They just want to show that they're the best university with high standard of learning. It's rubbish..

But quote me anywhere, if OAU students are given the opportunity to write UNN MB exams, you'll see mass failure. Even the person with distinctions may not survive it. I keep asking myself; is it not the same topic, courses and same exam that's being conducted nationwide or are there medical students that write different thing.

Our Educational sector is in total shamble. The way they suffer students here eeh, it's alarming at a very high frequency. It's very obnoxious and barbaric.

just go to overseas and see how they treat medical students. Infact, as from 300l or less, medical students are expected to assist Surgeons in the theater but here; who born monkey..

Zoological country.

happy sunday my people

There is nothing about unn being the best school or whatever.. Even among federal universities, unn is regularly ranked behind oau, unilag, ui both by international rankings webrometrics et al and Common consensus. Besides when it comes to medicine.. Unn is not reckoned any longer with those schools. If those oau students ui students take that exam.. They will fare better than unn students did.even in quiz competitions among med schools unn is no where to be found while students from those schools constantly impress

Unn admitted too many students.. Failing them is a mechanism for controlling that

1 Like

Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by LaReve: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
afonjasaremad:

Now answer this simple question.... How can a whole class pass a medical examination.... please think for once..... if it is linguistics, I may agree, but not medicine.... if you are a student of medicine, you will understand...

It is indeed true that medical exams are usually tough and 100% pass is very unusual. But if you look there.. You will see a certain number of people who failed in that oau result which is really expected. .but when 50% or more of a class fail ..then it's either very poor students were admitted or the lecturers were very poor or the exam was unreasonable the unn result is due to one of these factors or a combination of them ..nothing about standards where by the way unn pales in comparison to Ife Ibadan or lagos. .you do know unn medical school accreditation was withdrawn some years back and their students prevented from writing international exams like usmle. .something that has never happened to Ife ui or Ibadan in at least 20 years
...unn failing her students is a mechanism for reducing overpopulation.. Having 273 students instead of the 150 quota means many have to fail

http://www.4icu.org/ng/

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

http://dailypost.ng/2011/12/22/uk-council-blacklists-unijos-unn-other-medical-graduates

Even UK has said unn medical graduates are not fit to practice their.. .any school that can't keep accreditation without losing it is a school seriously deficient standards wise

Anyway.. .mdcn has restored the licence back.. Though nuc disaccredited dentistry in unn few years back.. Don't know if they have restored that one too.. .you don't see that happening with ui oau unilag

1 Like

Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by victorDanladi: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2017

Ur name tell who u are. The treatment prowess of a doctor is not even dependent on where he studied but more on his housejob, service years and the experience he has gathered. A freshly out of University doctor with provisional licence is a liability to himself, his sponsors and his country, but once he has nevigated the course of each specialty during housejob he is fit to manage basic primary to secondary ailments. Medical school is only a test of patience and character, medicine itself is mentorship and apprenticeship. I once saw a East trained doctor prescribing tetracycline for diarrhoea I laughed internally because without housejob Nnamdi was still a liability.
Are you a medical doctor?
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by victorDanladi: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
LaReve:

It is indeed true that medical exams are usually tough and 100% pass is very unusual. But if you look there.. You will see a certain number of people who failed in that oau result which is really expected. .but when 50% or more of a class fail ..then it's either very poor students were admitted or the lecturers were very poor or the exam was unreasonable the unn result is due to one of these factors or a combination of them ..nothing about standards where by the way unn pales in comparison to Ife Ibadan or lagos. .you do know unn medical school accreditation was withdrawn some years back and their students prevented from writing international exams like usmle. .something that has never happened to Ife ui or Ibadan in at least 20 years
...unn failing her students is a mechanism for reducing overpopulation.. Having 273 students instead of the 150 quota means many have to fail

http://www.4icu.org/ng/

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

http://dailypost.ng/2011/12/22/uk-council-blacklists-unijos-unn-other-medical-graduates

Even UK has said unn medical graduates are not fit to practice their.. .any school that can't keep accreditation without losing it is a school seriously deficient standards wise

Anyway.. .mdcn has restored the licence back.. Though nuc disaccredited dentistry in unn few years back.. Don't know if they have restored that one too.. .you don't see that happening with ui oau unilag
The best comment so far.They actually admit above their quota.U.I has the highest quota in the country 150....follow by OAU,LAG,UNN and ABU with 100.

I think the exam was designed to cut off some students.
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by MedicalSamwise(m): 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
RoyalBoutique:

None of the above. The students didnt read and they failed.

Kpomkwem.

I'm jes here shaking my head for your ignorance
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
victorDanladi:

The best comment so far.They actually admit above their quota.U.I has the highest quota in the country 150....follow by OAU,LAG,UNN and ABU with 100.

UNN's quota is also 150. And for the guy using accreditation to smear the school, Unilag only avoided losing their own Medicine accreditation last year by basically cutting many students who matriculated into Medical School, leading to protests last year. Like any of those schools, UNN has a rigorous program. This very year, UI lost its Pharmacy accreditation. That must make UI's Pharmacy program useless, abi?
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
victorDanladi:

UI's quota is 180. Followed by the likes of OAU, UNILAG, UNN, Unilorin, BUK, UNIJOS, and UNIMAID which is 150, Uniport 130, and ABU 120.

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/page/accredited-medical-schools

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Ronaldinnioh(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2017
Jesus
Re: UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result by Zico5(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike / NUC: List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria / Rats Destroy ABSU Student's Property During Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.