Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba (5370 Views)

Gov. Uzodimma Commissions Newly Constructed Roads In Owerri Municipality / How Rochas Okorocha Constructed Roads In Imo State(pictures) / Newly Constructed Walkway In Jakande, Lekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by nonsobaba: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
I attack ipob miscreants NOT IGBOS. There's a difference between the two.

I have seen you attack igbos many times so save it. You are always found on every thread concerning igbos but never found on any one concerning benue. Is it not obsession mixed with confusion? I also attack Ipod viciously, so don't think you are doing us a favour.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:

ALL roads and streets in urban/residential areas MUST have sidewalks.

Sidewalks are not meant for just ''major roads''!!!!

So, why leave examples in Enugu and Owerri to go to Lagos?
Thought you claimed to be Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by CarlosTheJackal: 8:20am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

nonsobaba ask him if Obiano is an ipob that he keeps attacking. I want you to dig up omenka profile

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by CarlosTheJackal: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2017
nonsobaba:
I have seen you attack igbos many times so save it. You are always found on every thread concerning igbos but never found on any one concerning benue. Is it not obsession mixed with confusion? I also attack Ipod viciously, so don't think you are doing us a favour.
I love you for your bluntness. Omenkalives wants to behave like his benue people but you caught him down
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Nebuzaradan: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob
kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by omenkaLives(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2017
nonsobaba:
You are no different from the average ipob yoot.. They lie with reckless abandon. cheesy

Even this morning, I've commented on one.

The reason I don't do so frequently is because LiePob yoots want me to and think they can bully me into doing so. Not commenting frequently in such threads is to show the emotional layabouts I don't succumb to bullies and do what I like when I like. Same is true for commenting on "igbo" threads. wink

You dig now?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by durangokid: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:

SHUT UP.... I'VE BEEN IN CONSTRUCTION SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR SIDEWALKS ON THOSE ROADS, UNLESS THEY PLAN TO DEMOLISH THE ADJOINING HOUSES, WHICH THEY DON'T. SECONDLY, SIDEWALKS ARE BUILT SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE MAIN ROAD, NOT ''AFTER'' THE ROAD IS BUILT, IN ORDER TO KEEP COSTS DOWN. THERE IS OBVIOUSLY NO PROVISION FOR SIDEWALKS HERE..
Look at this bigoted mind l, that's why you people hate to hear biafra because you know the type of development that will take place there will be too massive, because you are seeing development you now want to bad talk it, what a deranged soul, which road in your state and beyond is better than this? Because you hate to see good thing in South East that is why you are becoming unstable, sorry you have not seen anything yet. Thanks for Internet not like before some people from SOFISTICATED tribe will will come to manipulate information

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by legislatively: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2017
deomello:

And innermost roads doesn't deserve drainage and sidewalk for people to walk on?

Below is Ijede in Lagos state, it's not even a local government.

You people are quick to badmouth other people, but you make silly excuses for your own dirty and substandard rubbish.
this road was also constructed by ikpeazu is abia, it's not a major road but it has walkways and marks.

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by MXrep: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:

Dude, stop this nonsense. It doesn't matter if it's a city of 20 million, or a town of 5,000 people. Whenever you build a road in an urban or residential area, you MUST build pedestrian sidewalks alongside the road. This is the way it is done all over the world. Motorists do not have superior rights to pedestrians. Roads are meant to cater for BOTH motorists AND pedestrians. We need to rid ourselves of the mentality that sidewalks are some sort of luxury. They are not. They are an essential part of urban infrastructure in any society.
How many do you have in Ogbomoso and Sagamu??
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by MXrep: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:

ALL roads and streets in urban/residential areas MUST have sidewalks.

Sidewalks are not meant for just ''major roads''!!!!

How many do you have in Ile-Ife and Owo
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by MXrep: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2017
deomello:

And innermost roads doesn't deserve drainage and sidewalk for people to walk on?

Below is Ijede in Lagos state, it's not even a local government.

You people are quick to badmouth other people, but you make silly excuses for your own dirty and substandard rubbish.
Keep quiet my friend, why must it be nomansland, this Ibadan road

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by MXrep: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:
Something else that needs to be realised is that not building sidewalks has economic costs in the long run. It kills tourism and commerce, and leads to ill health.

Tourism because tourists do not want to come out of their hotels and be jumping gutters, and walking through sand and weeds, so they decide NOT to visit your country at all. Commerce is ruined because the public are discouraged from doing window shopping, with the impulsive buying that comes with that. This amounts to countless billions in lost revenue for businesses and taxes to govt across the country. Health is affected because the human proximity to putrid, open gutters, must take a negative toll.

We must do better.
shut up my friend, Street in Sagamu can't even get ordinary taring

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by nonsobaba: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
You are no different from the average ipob yoot.. They lie with reckless abandon. cheesy

The reason I don't do so frequently is because LiePob yoots want me to and think they can bully me into doing so. Not commenting frequently in such threads is to show the emotional layabouts I don't succumb to bullies and do what I like when I like. Same is true for commenting on "igbo" threads. wink

You dig now?
You now avoid threads concerning your own state because igbos bully you! You are a pathetic coward!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by omenkaLives(m): 9:48am On Apr 23, 2017
nonsobaba:
You now avoid threads concerning your own state because igbos bully you! You are a pathetic coward!
Besides lying, you also have comprehension issues, perhaps handicapped upstairs..

Go back and read that again, perhaps trice, and each successive time, slower. The pen might drop in the end.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by CarlosTheJackal: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Besides lying, you also have comprehension issues, perhaps handicapped upstairs..

Go back and read that again, perhaps trice, and each successive time, slower. The pen might drop in the end.. cheesy
so you think chino will buy your trash of you not hating igbos. You will weep on this thread because chino takes no prisoners and he will deal so much with you here. Amarabae come and see your friend is being pummeled here
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by CarlosTheJackal: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

You dig now?
You are the lying one here.show us where you psted against fulani herdsmen killing your idoma kinsmen.

Hide in shame

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by obailala(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rosskii:
ROAD BUILDING LESSONS FOR SOUTH EAST DUMMY GOVERNORS

Mr Man, stop drowning yourself in needless delusion, your advice whilst viable, should actually apply to all Nigerian governors; this isn't a south eastern issue. Majority of local and major roads in Nigeria lack covererdd drainage, walkways and even the most basic of all which is road markings.
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by deomello: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
legislatively:
this road was also constructed by ikpeazu is abia, it's not a major road but it has walkways and marks.

I don't see any road sidewalk apart from the one I suspect to be a small bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So, why leave examples in Enugu and Owerri to go to Lagos?
Thought you claimed to be Igbo?
You forgot one little thing about me, which is that I'm not a tribalist. So I do not select pictures of well built roads based on my ethnicity. Something you and other Low IQ tribalists here need to learn.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rossikk:
You forgot one little thing about me, which is that I'm not a tribalist. So I do not select pictures of well built roads based on my ethnicity. Something you and other low IQ tribalists here need to learn.

Mumu.
You claimed SE leaders need to learn bla bla bla when they have cities with such.
And for sw, all you could do is get selected pics still, what of other SW states and indeed MOST parts of the same Lagos?
Dolt

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
obailala:

Mr Man, stop drowning yourself in needless delusion, your advice whilst viable, should actually apply to all Nigerian governors; this isn't a south eastern issue. Majority of local and major roads in Nigeria lack covererdd drainage, walkways and even the most basic of all which is road markings.
Sorry, but every time I see someone post a thread on new roads built by SE governors, it's almost always with open drains and no sidewalks. Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia, Awka etc. They need to understand that roads with open drains and no sidewalks are primitive. The British introduced that nasty way of building roads here. They don't build roads like that in their own country. Even in their villages, they build every road with covered drains and sidewalks.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Mumu.
You claimed SE leaders need to learn bla bla bla when they have cities with such.
And for sw, all you could do is get selected pics still, what of other SW states and indeed MOST parts of the same Lagos?
Dolt
Sit there and be concerning yourself with ethnicity issues. I'm not on your narrow minded level. Your entire mindset is ruled by ethnic issues. I actually feel sorry for you, cos you are denying yourself access to the beauty of all humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rossikk:
Sit there and be concerning yourself with ethnicity issues. I'm not on your narrow minded level. Your entire mindset is ruled by ethnic issues. I actually feel sorry for you, cos you are denying yourself access to the beauty of all humanity.

For want of better argument, right?
Next time, eat properly before coming online
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by obailala(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rossikk:
Sorry, but every time I see someone post a thread on new roads built by SE governors, it's almost always with open drains and no sidewalks. Onitsha, Aba, Umuahia, Awka etc. They need to understand that roads with open drains and no sidewalks are primitive. The British introduced that nasty way of building roads here. They don't build roads like that in their own country. Even in their villages, they build every road with covered drains and sidewalks.
I'm not sure I understand how anyone should even remotely think of blaming the Brits who left us close to 60 years ago for this.

And yeah, I still stand by my earlier point, the issue of building wack roads with open drains, no walkways and no street markings is a nationwide matter which isnt restricted to the SE in any way. Apparently the only reason it may seem rampant to you in the SE is cos we encounter much more threads online showcasing one road or the other built by governors in the SE.
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
obailala:
I'm not sure I understand how anyone should even remotely think of blaming the Brits who left us close to 60 years ago for this.
I am only stating the origin of the open gutter system, which was the British, who never build such garbage in their own country.

And yeah, I still stand by my earlier point, the issue of building wack roads with open drains, no walkways and no street markings is a nationwide matter which isnt restricted to the SE in any way. Apparently the only reason it may seem rampant to you in the SE is cos we encounter much more threads online showcasing one road or the other built by governors in the SE.
Exactly. If someone came on here posting substandard newly built roads from Oshogbo or Ilorin, I'd be the first to criticise it. But they don't. We see new road constructions from Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja etc, and they usually have sidewalks and covered drains. Maybe other SW towns are building some substandard roads, but their indigenes have the good sense not to showcase them on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by obailala(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Rossikk:

Exactly. If someone came on here posting substandard newly built roads from Oshogbo or Ilorin, I'd be the first to criticise it. But they don't. We see new road constructions from Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja etc, and they usually have sidewalks and covered drains.
Yeah, my point is simple, it's a general problem which isnt restricted to SE roads; irrespective of the fact that you see more threads opened daily showcasing more SE roads thhan elsewhere. But I'm sure you've been shown some examples by others which should be enough for you to understand and accept my generalisation.
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
obailala:
Yeah, my point is simple, it's a general problem which isnt restricted to SE roads; irrespective of the fact that you see more threads opened daily showcasing more SE roads thhan elsewhere. But I'm sure you've been shown some examples by others which should be enough for you to understand and accept my generalisation.
Fair enough. I think the solution to this is that there should be a national standard set for all road construction in urban and residential areas throughout the federation, whereby every road MUST be built with covered drains and sidewalks, or the builders held liable for breach of contract and substandard work. There should be a National Assembly bill introduced to that effect.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by deomello: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2017

Even Aregbe you jokers love to insult is building inner city roads with drainage, median and sidewalk.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by deomello: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
[s]
MXrep:

Keep quiet my friend, why must it be nomansland, this Ibadan road
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2059046_img5420_jpegb66fe5c72865cddb60415ecf8415b043

^^^^ That's Ibadan with same and modern road with good sidewalk.

The great idiocy with you ipob jokers posting unrelated issues. It's like saying I stole money because other people are stealing too.

You people reason like elementary school kids.
Re: Photos: Newly Constructed Roads In Aba by Kaysting: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
Well uhm.... you see, the sidewalks being constructed along factory and Aba Owerri roads are messed up, I mean they are not even up to standard, with inadequate travel width for at least two persons. A standard sidewalk for such roads with heavy pedestrian activities should be wide enough to allow 3 persons to pass at the same time without struggling for space. There were sidewalks on these roads initially....may have been built during Michael Okpara's time when the white companies were in charge of most engineering works, and these sidewalks were up to standard; wide enough with under ground drainage... now instead of rehabilitating the old sidewalks they built substandard sidewalk above the existing one. Abia state is a mess, but people especially uneducated ones and those who are from the same place with the governor would celebrate what has been built there, am a student of Urban and regional planning and I tell you, Abia state government gives contract to cheap companies who construct nonsense for people.... y'all don't know what you are missing.. we are in trouble.. God will help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Stand On Four Different U.S States At The Same Time. Photos / Akwa Ibom State And Road Construction Are Like 5&6. No Wonder ONNA / Ipob Militants Sets Fire On Fulani Settlements In The East -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.