Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better (14912 Views)

Peter Obi And Osita Chidoka, Are Secessionists~ Kayode Ogundamisi Declares / Give Me Proof That Igbos Are Supporting Atiku. / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 3:03am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
In Nigerian elections you're only given the chance to vote between the devil and the deep blue sea.
but angels will pop out of thin air when Oduduwa is created abi?

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by stonemasonn: 3:05am On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:
but angels will pop out of thin air when Oduduwa is created abi?
It will shock you

It is easier to speak with one voice when you are united.

5 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 3:06am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
It will shock you
it is fantasy.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 3:11am On Apr 23, 2017
It's funny. A Yoruba person stated that Oduduwa will be better off because they're smarter. An igbo person said Biafra would be better off because they're smarter. Yet somehow someway they can't be collectively smart enough to make Nigeria better. Am I the only one who sees this irony?

9 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 3:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Doghari:

How Biafrans are going to solve their problems should be the worry of Biafrans. Don't pretent to care about their well-being, you yorubas have much more to worry about, even with your parasitic status in Nigeria, you are the only the southern region with IDP camps. If I were you I expend my energy thinking about yoruba problems and leave Biafrans problems for Biafrans to solve.
You still didn't answer his question. It seems like you're avoiding to answer his questions because he's right and you have no answer.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:19am On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

So you don't have any proof do you?
proof of what. he said him on do again. na by force?

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:21am On Apr 23, 2017
jumobi1:

And it will remain so if the south secedes and becomes one country. Who cares about GDP? It's GDP per capita. Who cares about 2 billionaires? Split and we have one anyways and the source of the other one's wealth becomes strained. Nollywood and the music is based in the south. Who internet users epp? Im sure most of the users are in the south anyways.

We need to diversify our economy and have states control their resources if we want to be better as one Nigeria.
who hol d states now abi all the 36 govs are northerners. only 7 states have oyel. the remaining 11 nko
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:25am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
Oduduwa republic should do better than a united Nigeria.

* Accommodating and religious tolerant.

* Seasoned Technocrats and highly skilled laborers

* High literacy level (can be better)

* Fertile land

* Access to the sea

* population (at least 30million)

Yorubas can be the Germany of Africa slowly and steadily. Does not need oil and gas to grow.
so why isn't she growing now since she doesn't need oil and gas.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:26am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Compare your post to that of the 2 posters I quoted above you. Then, go and sit in one corner and think about your life.
damn. see getting

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:42am On Apr 23, 2017
Doghari:

If you are not blind to truth, you will realize that comparing South Sudan with Biafra is idiotic.
why is it
1) Biafrans are the most literate people in your nigeria (Their higher cut off marks, together with statistical facts from JAMB, WAEC prove it). South Sudan on the other hand are not, a factor that contributed to their presrnt status quo.
who literacy epp. besides recent high Registration for waec doesn't yet cover the 25 yr gap awo gave south west
2) If you are not attempting to run away from facts, you will also ask yourself why a Biafra cut off from the rest of the world was able to refine their own oil and build their own weapons (a feat that still remains rocket science to your overbloated nigeria 50 years after). Now embrace the truth and tell us how such a republic will fail if given the breathing space that it's people clamour for? Nigeria is stifling growth of every progressive region including yorubas but they feel a progressive Biafra will dent their ego and prefer to oppose it even it means cutting their noses to spite their faces.
anyone face wit extinction level crisis will wake up. why haven't you replicated since then.
3) Nigeria is not a country to proud of, Cameroon no far na [/b]it is a dungeon that enthrone injustice and sees nothing wrong in shedding blood of the innocent, [b] name 1 country without injustice and bloodshed on its hands[/b]namethere is nothing great about it. Even when people die, nobody is shocked, everybody is desensitized to the sanctity of life. The corpse is just 'part of statistics'. [b] black lives matter ring a bell [/b]Even your 'heroic' president prefers to sympathize with the British queen when her dog dies than when 50 nigerians are killed. [b] cos they're worthless to him. view don't vote with sense, they refuse to farm, they refuse to wake up[/b]Why should such an evil contraption be allowed to subsist? [b] because you cowards are too lazy totem shit about it

4). When everybody goes home to their respective country, they'll take the lessons they've learnt from dead cesspit and start afresh stronger. so they can't start with their governor's senators ministers reps commissioners councillors contractors Civil servants ba I don't believe any country that emerges from nigeria will want to institute nonsense 'nigerianistic' laws that encourages anomalies like 'Jumbo pay', 'personalization of contracts', 'corruption', 'environmental degradation', etc
is dino a northerner
Diezani
puff puff head
mama Bayelsa abi wetin fat frog eye ball he's self
wike
amaechi
omehia
oshiomole
Rochas
hope uzodinma
they're all northerners ko?

Dissolution of nigeria is an opportunity to start afresh ON A CLEAN SLATE and a chance to prove that African countries founded by Africans themselves can work.
that's what they said about going from parliamentary to presidential
3 regions to 4 to 12 to 19 to 30 to 36 states and fct

guy its the people that are the problem Nov the system

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:43am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
No region can develop in Nigeria of today with a centralized government controlled by a greedy few and heavily dependent on oil.

When Oduduwa republic is formed, we will have no choice but to look inwards. We might not be so rich at beginning but we'll solve the problem of bad roads, electricity, education etc like our peaceful neighbors (Benin republic).
yeah Lagos is not developing.let's wait for rain to fall before we plant

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:44am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
In Nigerian elections you're only given the chance to vote between the devil and the deep blue sea.
says who.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:46am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
It will shock you

It is easier to speak with one voice when you are united.
when we're we disunited? Who disunited us?

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:47am On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:
It's funny. A Yoruba person stated that Oduduwa will be better off because they're smarter. An igbo person said Biafra would be better off because they're smarter. Yet somehow someway they can't be collectively smart enough to make Nigeria better. Am I the only one who sees this irony?
you de mind dem. ppl wen no sabi dia senator and councillor name. dem no even sabi dia ward sef dem de hia de talk. truly they need to make ppl take a test before giving voters card

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Doghari: 3:47am On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:

Two can only work together when they agree. A yoruba is wired to oppose an Igbo and Igbos are waking up fast and learning to play their game.

10 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by mikolo80: 3:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Doghari:

How Biafrans are going to solve their problems should be the worry of Biafrans. Don't pretent to care about their well-being, you yorubas have much more to worry about, even with your parasitic status in Nigeria, you are the only the southern region with IDP camps. If I were you I expend my energy thinking about yoruba problems and leave Biafrans problems for Biafrans to solve.
you don't get it, nobody cares about you. they care about the problem your secession will cause.War is bad for business in case you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 4:44am On Apr 23, 2017
Doghari:

You are just being mischevious and disagreeing with facts slammed on your face. Only corrupt vultures eating from the carcass of nigeria oppose it dissolution even it is clearly thr right and JUST thing to do.
Come clean and tell us what you are corruptly reaping from the cesspit and stop pretending that your fight for nigeria's survival is a 'moral duty' while you deodorize it with empty intellectualisms. You are a probably a theiving a politician or an aspiring who wants a piece of the carcass. So spare us your sermons.

Biafran and other countries that will emerge provide an alternative from the corupt-ridden Nigeria that WILL NEVER WORK.

It's a good reason why corrupt politicians are scared of it. They know they'll have NO stake in Biafra and many will run away with their children even Biafra emerges, so when you lots ask why Eastern leaders don't support Biafra, I laugh at your cluelessness.

I'm sure you were part of the clueless one praying to Allah that kanu compromises and sells out Biafrans the way corrupt Eastern eaders have been doing.

Can you before God and man tell us that KANU is corrupt like your typical nigerian. I await your response to this. grin
All that text, and still you said nothing relevant to the question.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by LoveMachine(m): 5:12am On Apr 23, 2017
Going nowhere fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Alfranco(m): 5:19am On Apr 23, 2017
jumobi1:
Let's say the south as a whole secedes, a lot of your points would remain the same.

Anyways, you show no proof that it's better together.

On point. Problems are never alien to any country. Even at that overwhelming majority of southerners and some other minorities elsewhere would rather be in their problem nations than the one they are now. On the number one point of largest GDP in Africa, what's the point when it has no bearing to the country's per capital income. No thanks to our over population. Popluation figures that is skewed to favour some of "us"...

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Noneroone(m): 5:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

What do you think is the problem in Nigeria today?
How do you hope to resolve it when you get your Biafra?
What steps have been taken to eliminate the problems before getting Biafra?

These are questions that South Sudan failed to answer and landed them where they are today.
only illiterates use south sudan as example. Why dont you use singapore, israel etc all through the history of sudan the northern sudanese concentrated structures, wealth and institutions on the north. The only thing they bequeathed the south was forceful arabization and wars. It is natural that the northern sudan will perform better at least for now since al bashir who was the leader during much of the war is still their leader, using the same institutions and wealth.

5 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by PDJT: 6:15am On Apr 23, 2017
[s]
mikolo80:
you don't get it, nobody cares about you. they care about the problem your secession will cause.War is bad for business in case you don't know.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by midol: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Why are we yoruba muslims fighting to keep lugard's nigeria one. Did lugard unite us with awon Hausa ati ibo because he loves us or because he was drunk?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by signz: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2017
A united Nigeria hasn't made progress since 1970 because of our system of government.

Like someone said on twitter no country has ever shared it's way into prosperity. Since 1970, our leaders have not been able to make all parts of the country productive because every month all the state governors gather in Abuja to collect money. No incentive to work hard and be independent.

I'm for A UNITED RESTRUCTURED NIGERIA. A country practicing true federalism. If we can't restructure Nigeria then by all means less divide into Biafra, oduduwa, Niger delt, Arew, etc.

5 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by kutchs: 6:48am On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
Thats not the question. The question is:Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a split off country from Nigeria would be better than Nigeria.
Don't you think it's irresponsible and stupid (permit the use please, no insult intended) talking about something that isn't yet. Nobody can prove whether Biafra or any other breakaway Republic from Nigeria will be better than a united Nigeria because they aren't yet.
What's sure and certain is that the proponents of such republics want to break and not until that happens can we begin to make comparison.

This is akin to the belief by some people before 2015 that Buhari will be the best president Nigeria will have. When we cautioned them to wait until the guy ascends the throne they called us names. Two years on, the guy has turned out to be the worst.

In essence, do not compare a more than 100 year old Nigeria with a republic that hasn't taken off.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 6:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Noneroone:
only illiterates use south sudan as example. Why dont you use singapore, israel etc all through the history of sudan the northern sudanese concentrated structures, wealth and institutions on the north. The only thing they bequeathed the south was forceful arabization and wars. It is natural that the northern sudan will perform better at least for now since al bashir who was the leader during much of the war is still their leader, using the same institutions and wealth.
because it is quite clear that with the level of development in the region as well as the presence of possibly competing groups like Niger Delta militants and IPOB, it's definitely looking more south Sudan.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by PDJT: 6:54am On Apr 23, 2017
-The Experiment, christened "Nigeria" by that unmarried woman, Flora, will never work for the benefit of the Nations trapped in it, because it's simply a well crafted business with the multinationals (ruthless greedy companies) as shareholders.

-The people are not free and doesn't feel ownership of the country, they were born in.

-Achieve Freedom first before you can smell prosperity. Americans did it against the English. Today America would ask Britain to jump, Britain would ask : How High?

-Emancipate yourselves from slavery and that's what the chart below alludes to.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 6:55am On Apr 23, 2017
kutchs:

Don't you think it's irresponsible and stupid (permit the use please, no insult intended) talking about something that isn't yet. Nobody can prove whether Biafra or any other breakaway Republic from Nigeria will be better than a united Nigeria because they aren't yet.
What's sure and certain is that the proponents of such republics want to break and not until that happens can we begin to make comparison.

This is akin to the belief by some people before 2015 that Buhari will be the best president Nigeria will have. When we cautioned them to wait until the guy ascends the throne they called us names. Two years on, the guy has turned out to be the worst.

In essence, do not compare a more than 100 year old Nigeria with a republic that hasn't taken off.

You can tell that Scotland will be successful if they are to leave the UK by looking at them now. They have a functioning economy with a proven track record. There is nothing in the east at the moment that is evident of a half of a functioning country. Onitsha has the highest pollution in the world according to the world health organization. There has been noted corruption that has prevented the local people from seeing true development, and many of the residents travel to other parts of Nigeria for business and jobs. These are the things that are present now. And 2 pages on not one person has explained how it will change with biafra

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by pchukwudi: 7:06am On Apr 23, 2017
1. Because Nigeria is structured to favor the few elites at the expense of the poor masses.

2. Because inequality and social injustice based on multi ethno-religious diversities are the INSTITUTIONALIZED norms rather than the exception.

3. Because Nigeria (in spite of her massive resources) is one of the poorest countries in the world, with up to 67% of her population still living in poverty.

4. Because Nigeria's education system is a fraud that damages the intellect of our youths rather than refine it.. And the majority of its graduates are never employable.

5. Because the fabrication of the geographical expression called Nigeria was not established with the mandate of the people.

6. Because the Nigeria brand has never inspired true patriotism in the spirits of its constituents.

7. Because you don't need any darn proof besides the fact that the majority want out.

And, by the way, those illogical reasons you advanced down there (as your proof of merits of one Nigeria) were possible in spite of one Nigeria and NOT because of it. Check well, and you would see regional coloration in most of those irrelevant points you raised.

#Leave the drama. #Just call for referendum for once in your life. #Do the right thing.

MrMaestro:
Not opinion, not fantasy, not hateful tribalistic comments. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources , as to how exactly any country split from Nigeria will be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. I want answers.

Let's recap,

1. Nigeria has Africa's Largest GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

2. Nigeria has the largest amount of internet users: http://answersafrica.com/africa-internet-usage-statistics.html

3. Nigeria has the second largest film industry in the world: http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

4. Nigeria has the largest music industry in africa (I don't even need to cite this. http://www.africanbusinesscentral.com/2016/10/24/the-boom-in-africas-music-industry-continues/)

5. Nigerians own 2 of the top 3 spot of richest men in Africa (everyone else in top 5 is white): https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So again, i'm open to discussion. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a spilt country would be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. Answer the question below Don't derail, or change the subject, just answer the question.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Service Promotes 5 Deputy Comptrollers-general’s And 8 Assistant / Nigeria Will Continue To Suffer Power Crises Till 2028 – TCN / APC Supporters, Others Fight Dirty Over Umahi’s ₦50,000 Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.