Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better (14917 Views)

Peter Obi And Osita Chidoka, Are Secessionists~ Kayode Ogundamisi Declares / Give Me Proof That Igbos Are Supporting Atiku. / Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2017
pchukwudi:
1. Because Nigeria is structured to favor the few elites at the expense of the poor masses.

2. Because inequality and social injustice based on ethno-religious differences are the norms rather than exception.

3. Because Nigeria (in spite of her massive resources) is one of the poorest

Becauseyou don't need any other proof besides the fact that majority want out. Call for referendum.

1. That's the case with every country in the world.
2. There are multiple ethnicities all over the south, so the problem will still be there.
3. And any seceding country will be poor as well and what makes this time different with a new country? The political leaders in the south east? The ones that are there now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:

You can tell that Scotland will be successful if they are to leave the UK by looking at them now. They have a functioning economy with a proven track record. There is nothing in the east at the moment that is evident of a half of a functioning country. Onitsha has the highest pollution in the world according to the world health organization. There has been noted corruption that has prevented the local people from seeing true development, and many of the residents travel to other parts of Nigeria for business and jobs. These are the things that are present now. And 2 pages on not one person has explained how it will change with biafra
This
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Noneroone(m): 7:18am On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:
because it is quite clear that with the level of development in the region as well as the presence of possibly competing groups like Niger Delta militants and IPOB, it's definitely looking more south Sudan.
i dont see any relationship between what u quoted and your reply. Btw, if you believe south east is beginning to look like south sudan it means you accept that nigeria is a zoo in the true sense of the word b'cos no region can match SE now in terms of development.

8 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by TheStronghold: 7:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Noneroone:
i dont see any relationship between what u quoted and your reply. Btw, if you believe south east is beginning to look like south sudan it means you accept that nigeria is a zoo in the true sense of the word b'cos no region can match SE now in terms of development.
I said as a standalone country, its close and I could see it getting there very quickly if a new country were to emerge.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2017
melodyogonna:
why should i prove that nigeria is a failure when it's very obvious??

You are right.

It is obviously obvious nigeria is a complete failure.
It is glaring thing that one nigeria failed to be a modern country despite its potentials.

So what is wrong change our tactics and do something else and be broken up?

4 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
For example if south west was an independent country a person like obasanjo could never have been their president because they knew him well that he would fail and he failed woefully when one nigeria cabals forced him on the country as president.

7 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by pchukwudi: 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
You know talking with your type is a waste of time and abuse of energy. You cannot even sustain a grain of objectivity in one line of argument yet you think you have some kind of opinion.

Onitsha is the way it is today as a glaring indictment on one Nigeria - it's not working, and it has never worked. Time to try an alternative.

You foolishly talk about Scotland, but you forget that the structure of the UK is far apart from the structure of one Nigeria; and Scotland is a relatively autonomus jurisdiction unlike Biafra that was bombed consecutively for three years, never rebuilt and has remained systematically supressed and defranchised.

TheStronghold:

You can tell that Scotland will be successful if they are to leave the UK by looking at them now. They have a functioning economy with a proven track record. There is nothing in the east at the moment that is evident of a half of a functioning country. Onitsha has the highest pollution in the world according to the world health organization. There has been noted corruption that has prevented the local people from seeing true development, and many of the residents travel to other parts of Nigeria for business and jobs. These are the things that are present now. And 2 pages on not one person has explained how it will change with biafra

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by jjjjj2017: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

You say Oduduwa will be better than Nigeria because of these things. But what is stopping it from happening within Nigeria now and in the future, helping Nigeria grow forward?
because those uncircumcised almajari will never let it happen as long as we are together. by the special grace of Olodumare & awon igba irunmole, this failed marriage shall end sooner than we expected. Ase!

7 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by juman(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2017
jjjjj2017:
because those uncircumcised almajari will never let it happen as long as we are together. by the special grace of Olodumare & awon igba irunmole, this failed marriage shall end sooner than we expected. Ase!

You make me laugh. grin grin

At a point even the whole world would not be able to stop nigeria from been broken.

Where is all powerful gaddafi?
Removed.

Where is mubarak of egypt?
Removed as well.

Dont try the will of the people.

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by jjjjj2017: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2017
@pchukwudi, I love your countribution. its obvious that op is underage uninformed guy. the problem with most Nigerians was that they lacked knowledge of history. if we stay together for millions year, the situation of things in Nigeria will still be the same. British designed Nigeria the way it is for their personal interest.

14 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by midol: 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Just take a look at the thread, the only people opposing fragmentation and dissolution of the failed nigeria experiment are my fellow yoruba muslim brother.

Moshoodu my brother swallowed overdose of amala last and woke up this morning to tell me his dreams- 'that Allah says that he will destroy yorubaland if we refuse to unite with the children of Usman dan fodio". Our muslims in yorubaland should stop going to ile kewu islamic schools to stop being brainwashed. grin grin

16 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by pchukwudi: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2017
Thank you.

Their naevity is so provocative. But I don't entirely blsme them. I was once like like that. A product of national deception until I took responsibility and started learning and thinking for myslef, with God's help.

jjjjj2017:
@pchukwudi, I love your countribution. its obvious that op is underage uninformed guy. the problem with most Nigerians was that they lacked knowledge of history. if we stay together for millions year, the situation of things in Nigeria will still be the same. British designed Nigeria the way it is for their personal interest.

4 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by freeze001(f): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2017
I've been reading and smiling at the (according to pchukwudi) provocative naivety of the op. First he assumes the position of one who thinks a certain group of people must provide proof with sources of a successful nation arising out of a disintegrated Nigeria.
I wonder who died n made him a rude judge?

Op already has a closed mind beset with ignorance and the actual working of this contraption which is what has informed his belligerent posts so far. I cannot stoop so low as to attempt to explain or prove the successful prospects of Biafra or Oduduwa as the case may be, he counts for nothing in th general scheme of things.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by warripekin(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2017
I rather be a south Sudan learning the ropes, toothing my horns and getting it right at the end than being a failed nation like Nigeria where the powers that be has nothing to offer but are hell bent on maintaining the status quo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Okoyiboz3: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2017
Noneroone:
only illiterates use south sudan as example. Why dont you use singapore, israel etc all through the history of sudan the northern sudanese concentrated structures, wealth and institutions on the north. The only thing they bequeathed the south was forceful arabization and wars. It is natural that the northern sudan will perform better at least for now since al bashir who was the leader during much of the war is still their leader, using the same institutions and wealth.

The initial part of your post shows the sort of upbringing you had, I'll ignore that.

You still haven't answered the questions in my posts. You'll think it doesn't matter until loafers like Ekweremadu and Uba start fighting for the leadership of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

The initial part of your post shows the sort of upbringing you had, I'll ignore that.

You still haven't answered the questions in my posts. You'll think it doesn't matter until loafers like Ekweremadu and Uba start fighting for the leadership of Biafra.

why you dey reason upside-down..

ignorance bad.. very bad.. and to learn go dey hard you.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by OjukwuWarBird: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Those men will go on exile

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Cooly100: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Baifra will be better for the following reasons:

1. The people from the region will be fairly equally treated. We shall never see people from a particular section taking all the positions in government.

2. Our infrastructure will be built. As an independent nation, Niger bridge will be built will foreign loans. Rails system will be built to connect eastern cities. Currently, only those in the north and SW are important. These will ease the lives of the people in the area.

3. All the federal roads in the region will be built to standard as well as the and Niger bridge.

4. Standard Airport will be built, the people don't need to go to Lagos or Abuja for that.

5. Foreign embassies, multi-national institutions will be in the region as Independent state.

6. Sporting Stadia will be built across cities in the region.

7. Education, Science, and technology, health will be harnessed, unlike in Nigeria.

8. Power, electricity will be for 24 hours as the entity will not be too large with corruption minimized.

9. Above patriotism will be enhanced and people will be ready to sacrifice to make the nation great, unlike in Nigeria where there is no patriotism, because of evil it portends to some of its regions. R & D will be enhanced, unlike Nigeria where the clueless government dwell on import.

10. Allowing, its components to progress at its pace will bring in competition. The SW country won't want Biafra to do better than them, so they will ensure corruptiuon and other evils that are strangulating Nigeria, have no chance in their country.

Etc
etc
etc
etc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Kemperor: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2017
So why is Nigeria still undeveloped.

Singapore and Malaysia loaned money from Nigeria during the oil boom in the 1970's... Presently, this countries are developed.. Meanwhile Nigeria still beg for foreign aids...

Apart from Lagos and Abuja can you name another city in Nigeria..

For over 50 years no sign of tangible development...

For over 100 years no sign on tribal peace...

Thanks to social media we all no about the disunity in Nigeria...

OP stop fooling yourself and still I won't blame you because you need money in this recession and that's why you accepted a job to blog about things like this..

Nations break up and nations join forces to become one.... So No big deal...

It is not as if Nigeria like Biafrans, they just like what they exploit...

I lived in the north for some years and I witnessed the hatred the hausas have for Igbo people.. That why they kill them for stupid reasons..

When it comes to politics, region, language, looks, behaviour, culture, vision, etc, the differences are irreconcilable ...

Knowing fully well that Nigeria can never be one, the Northerners introduced NYSC... Many people have lost their in the North all for the stupid politics called NYSC..

So OP why do u want One Nigeria, because of your stupid reasons?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Cooly100: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
Not opinion, not fantasy, not hateful tribalistic comments. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources , as to how exactly any country split from Nigeria will be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. I want answers.

Let's recap,

1. Nigeria has Africa's Largest GDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

2. Nigeria has the largest amount of internet users: http://answersafrica.com/africa-internet-usage-statistics.html

3. Nigeria has the second largest film industry in the world: http://fortune.com/2015/06/24/nollywood-movie-industry/

4. Nigeria has the largest music industry in africa (I don't even need to cite this. http://www.africanbusinesscentral.com/2016/10/24/the-boom-in-africas-music-industry-continues/)

5. Nigerians own 2 of the top 3 spot of richest men in Africa (everyone else in top 5 is white): https://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So again, i'm open to discussion. Give me hard, and factual proof with sources, how a spilt country would be better than Nigeria. Its a very simple question. Answer the question below Don't derail, or change the subject, just answer the question.

The road leading to Nigeria seaport can be like this picture...The seaport in Biafraland will not be like that.

3 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by kutchs: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:

I still maintain that talking about things that aren't as though they were is irresponsible and the op should ote that.
Than again, the reference to Scotland here is the most irrelevant because Scotland and Biafra aren't in any way related or close. Scotland is semi-independent and autonomous with control over most but few of govt affairs, Biafra on the hand exist only in name yet, no govt, no structure and no nothing and you compare it with Scotland, come on what do you smoke?

I may share different views with Igbos but those who think that Nigeria is indivisible should remember that at a time the USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were thought same too but look what happened to them and most of the new countries from them are even doing better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by ObaEwuare: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:
because it is quite clear that with the level of development in the region as well as the presence of possibly competing groups like Niger Delta militants and IPOB, it's definitely looking more south Sudan.

That's if Biafra use the system Nigeria is using

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by GrandGarcon: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

What do you think is the problem in Nigeria today?
How do you hope to resolve it when you get your Biafra?
What steps have been taken to eliminate the problems before getting Biafra?

These are questions that South Sudan failed to answer and landed them where they are today.
Google The IPOB organogram for Biafra and take your time to go through it, you will see how Biafra will be the most organized and modern country if given the chance. I will let the organogram speak for itself. The brits that created Nigeria did not do it for the food of the would-be nigerians.
South sudan failed to plan thereby planned to fail. They were carried away by the euphoria of expected independence and forgot to plan.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by GrandGarcon: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheStronghold:
It's funny. A Yoruba person stated that Oduduwa will be better off because they're smarter. An igbo person said Biafra would be better off because they're smarter. Yet somehow someway they can't be collectively smart enough to make Nigeria better. Am I the only one who sees this irony?
It is not an irony but common sense. Take Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay and tie their legs to each other's leg and see if they will break world and Olympic records. Common sense is one thing that is not common in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by GrandGarcon: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
kutchs:

Don't you think it's irresponsible and stupid (permit the use please, no insult intended) talking about something that isn't yet. Nobody can prove whether Biafra or any other breakaway Republic from Nigeria will be better than a united Nigeria because they aren't yet.
What's sure and certain is that the proponents of such republics want to break and not until that happens can we begin to make comparison.

This is akin to the belief by some people before 2015 that Buhari will be the best president Nigeria will have. When we cautioned them to wait until the guy ascends the throne they called us names. Two years on, the guy has turned out to be the worst.

In essence, do not compare a more than 100 year old Nigeria with a republic that hasn't taken off.
A fool at forty they say is a fool forever, what then can be said of a fool at 50 or 100 for that matter? Such a person or entity shouldn't even exist!
Once again I will let the IPOB organogram speak for itself. Google it.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by GrandGarcon: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
kutchs:

I still maintain that talking about things that aren't as though they were is irresponsible and the op should ote that.
Than again, the reference to Scotland here is the most irrelevant because Scotland and Biafra aren't in any way related or close. Scotland is semi-independent and autonomous with control over most but few of govt affairs, Biafra on the hand exist only in name yet, no govt, no structure and no nothing and you compare it with Scotland, come on what do you smoke?

I may share different views with Igbos but those who think that Nigeria is indivisible should remember that at a time the USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were thought same too but look what happened to them and most of the new countries from them are even doing better than Nigeria.
But at a time Scotland was in the same position Biafra is today! Did our forefathers sign any documents for colonization? Some signed some documents but those were mere trade deals with the Royal Niger Company not the British government. if the scotts kept quiet will they be in the situation they are today? The brits gave them semi autonomy so that they will not pull out. Why then will Biafra's case be different? Common sense is not common despite its name.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by pchukwudi: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
My dear, their ignorance and arrogance are out of this world.

freeze001:
I've been reading and smiling at the (according to pchukwudi) provocative naivety of the op. First he assumes the position of one who thinks a certain group of people must provide proof with sources of a successful nation arising out of a disintegrated Nigeria.
I wonder who died n made him a rude judge?

Op already has a closed mind beset with ignorance and the actual working of this contraption which is what has informed his belligerent posts so far. I cannot stoop so low as to attempt to explain or prove the successful prospects of Biafra or Oduduwa as the case may be, he counts for nothing in th general scheme of things.
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by laudate: 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
Again, I asked for proof, not opinion. Unless you can give me a crystal ball where everyone learns their lesson, its a fantasy. No one seems to want to fix nigeria's corruption problem on the ground level. If you think people will suddenly wake up and stop being corrupt after disintegration, as if they're under some sort of trance to steal, you are not in touch with reality. Every single evidence in history, from the inception of this country, to the history of africa thus far, has proven the opposite. Corruption will always be a problem we need to work through. It is laughable to think that changing the name of a land mass will eradicate corruption and bad leadership.

Wow!! shocked Well said..... cheesy Who was the philosopher who said: "States are made up of the men in them. Therefore, we cannot have better states unless we have better men?"

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by malton: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
jumobi1:

And it will remain so if the south secedes and becomes one country. Who cares about GDP? It's GDP per capita. Who cares about 2 billionaires? Split and we have one anyways and the source of the other one's wealth becomes strained. Nollywood and the music is based in the south. Who internet users epp? Im sure most of the users are in the south anyways.

We need to diversify our economy and have states control their resources if we want to be better as one Nigeria.

What's with the deep, profound dislike for other people?
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
laudate:

Wow!! shocked Well said..... cheesy Who was the philosopher who said: "States are made up of the men in them. Therefore, we cannot have better states unless we have better men?"

Not according to these people. The will somehow magically create better men by making a new country name.

1 Like

Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by MrMaestro: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kemperor:
So why is Nigeria still undeveloped.

Singapore and Malaysia loaned money from Nigeria during the oil boom in the 1970's... Presently, this countries are developed.. Meanwhile Nigeria still beg for foreign aids...

Apart from Lagos and Abuja can you name another city in Nigeria..

For over 50 years no sign of tangible development...

For over 100 years no sign on tribal peace...

Thanks to social media we all no about the disunity in Nigeria...

OP stop fooling yourself and still I won't blame you because you need money in this recession and that's why you accepted a job to blog about things like this..

Nations break up and nations join forces to become one.... So No big deal...

It is not as if Nigeria like Biafrans, they just like what they exploit...

I lived in the north for some years and I witnessed the hatred the hausas have for Igbo people.. That why they kill them for stupid reasons..

When it comes to politics, region, language, looks, behaviour, culture, vision, etc, the differences are irreconcilable ...

Knowing fully well that Nigeria can never be one, the Northerners introduced NYSC... Many people have lost their in the North all for the stupid politics called NYSC..

So OP why do u want One Nigeria, because of your stupid reasons?
First and foremost, Nigeria has some of the most developed highways and roadways in all of Africa. That's just a fact.

But I'll tell you why we are still struggling to realize our potential, because we are tribal, and haven't gotten over being tribal. We vote due to tribality, we act due to tribality, and we elected presidents with no sense. Buhari was elected. No disrespect to him, but he's a uneducated buffoon that has absolutely no business running a 21st century country. Yet when I brought up the need to elect educated and smart leaders, people argued against that saying education is not relevant for presidency. The people. It all starts with the people.

Look if you as a people cannot crate and elect leaders to lead Nigeria forward now. You are idiotic to think you can do so simply by changing the name of a land mass. The same people that voted for the poor and corruptible leaders in each of the geopolitical zones, are the same people that will vote for the new leaders in their countries. If their decision-making on who are better leaders and who are not haven't changed, then what the heck would be the difference?
Re: To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better by Kemperor: 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:
First and foremost, Nigeria has some of the most developed highways and roadways in all of Africa. That's just a fact.

But I'll tell you why we are still struggling to realize our potential, because we are tribal, and haven't gotten over being tribal. We vote due to tribality, we act due to tribality, and we elected presidents with no sense. Buhari was elected. No disrespect to him, but he's a uneducated buffoon that has absolutely no business running a 21st century country. Yet when I brought up the need to elect educated and smart leaders, people argued against that saying education is not relevant for presidency. The people. It all starts with the people.

Look if you as a people cannot crate and elect leaders to lead Nigeria forward now. You are idiotic to think you can do so simply by changing the name of a land mass. The same people that voted for the poor and corruptible leaders in each of the geopolitical zones, are the same people that will vote for the new leaders in their countries. If their decision-making on who are better leaders and who are not haven't changed, then what the heck would be the difference?

So how do u intend to solve the problem of tribalism that has paralyzed the country since the amalgamation in 1914?

If tribalism is the virus that is eating Nigeria just as you claimed then why is the North in poverty knowing fully well that they have produced over 85% of Nigeria leaders..

Mr. the country has no foundation and will never have...

No vision but mission to exploit other regions and the masses....

Don't know if you are a Christian and I asked because the Bible says in Amos 3:3:
Shall two walk together, except they have agreed?

Nigeria has no foundation and can never work!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister / How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari / Akunyili Kicks Against Southwest For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.