Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! (23001 Views)

Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Tomjazzy2: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
OP may be you just have to hang on with your job, finish up the hostel project, start saving up for the business, when you are ready, then you quit the job.

But be sure to know the possible risks associated with the concerned business. One thing about venturing into business is that it may look all rosy from the outside.

If the business is a virgin idea, you have to be extremly careful in terms of drawing up the plan. If it isn't an entirely new business, you can then seek the advises of those already in that line of business.

Goodluck all the same

1 Like

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by olorunthobby(f): 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
I think if think you can succeed in that business, you will. If you think you cannot, then you will not succeed.. You really need to get rid of fear! It won't get you nowhere, be encouraged. I don't know the type of business it is but I believe if you have determination over it. You will surely achieve success. Life is not as easy as it seems, you've to take some risks to get your dreams. I hope this helps.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Iseddy: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Don't u have an honest brother or sister u can convey this idea to, who will be overseeing it for you. To see how it's going den u can detect if it will be a hit or not before you can think of quitting ur job.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by cyrielo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
zolapeperenpe:
@Op;maybe you should listen to egg.celent suggestion, try look for someone (a family member preferably) to manage the business while you are at work.
Take a leave from work at the inception, then use the few weeks to train the individual.

All the best
this is usually a bad idea involving family members in business but then it also depends on the kind of family.

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by ioreth69(f): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
LePrezident:

Oh cmon... I might have good ideas for you to add to it
grin
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by danidee10(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:
I have this fantastic business idea i've been thinking about for almost 2years but i'm super scared of quitting my job and venture into the business.

I actually took the job to save up for the business but along the line my dad advised i buy a land around one higher instutition in my state and build student hostels, so each time i save up to the require amount to set up this business,i develop cold feet and i end up using the money to develop the site.

I'm so into this business or let me put it this way: the business is so into me that i could search the internet for 5hrs Straight(mid-night,midday, on the move, in the office,anywhere and everyone- that is the only thing i think about),it got so bad that the only thing i gist my friends about is this biz.

Its almost 5am and i'm still wide-awake thinking and writing stuffs down about the biz logistics(its that bad)

My fam are a bit skeptical about quitting my job(when good jobs are hard to comeby) and starting a new biz.Also, i think they are just reasoning like a typical african parent by saying 'what if you set up with all you have in lagos and you end up settling down in another state?

I can't even think straight because once i clear my account again for my hostel project, i would hv to start saving allover again.

The probability that the biz would be a hit is 80%, but IF 'idea hackers' overtake me kpere! temibami niyen! cry I'm not too bothered abt 'idea hackers' really, nigeria population is too big for one person to monopolise an idea.

What should i do pls?

***i can't do both(office job and the business) It won't work

You're not ready if you're ready you'll quit and start working on ur idea.

The worst that'll happen is that you'll fail and probably return to ur papa house cheesy

But there are worse things in life (e.g being an IDP in the North East)

So don't be scared....DO IT!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by engrchykae(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=AimingIncognito post=55825574]I have this fantastic business idea i've been thinking about for almost 2years but i'm super scared of quitting my job and venture into the business.

I actually took the job to save up for the business but along the line my dad advised i buy a land around one higher instutition in my state and build student hostels, so each time i save up to the require amount to set up this business,i develop cold feet and i end up using the money to develop the site.

I'm they say its only a fool that will use both feet to test the depth of a river,i suggest you start investing in the business little by little and see what is obtainable and you will decide whether to go all out or not.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by ioreth69(f): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

So you want me to mention my business idea on a forum with almost 2million members. You really must be high on hot zobo o

Besides, i don't need 'help', what i need is advice.

Leave me alone let me call the mods oo, izit your call? tongue
no talk am
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by sakalisis(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:
I have this fantastic business idea i've been thinking about for almost 2years but i'm super scared of quitting my job and venture into the business.

I'm so into this business or let me put it this way: the business is so into me that i could search the internet for 5hrs Straight(mid-night,midday, on the move, in the office,anywhere and everyone- that is the only thing i think about),it got so bad that the only thing i gist my friends about is this biz.

Its almost 5am and i'm still wide-awake thinking and writing stuffs down about the biz logistics(its that bad)

My fam are a bit skeptical about quitting my job(when good jobs are hard to comeby) and starting a new biz.Also, i think they are just reasoning like a typical african parent by saying 'what if you set up with all you have in lagos and you end up settling down in another state?

I can't even think straight because once i clear my account again for my hostel project, i would hv to start saving allover again.

The probability that the biz would be a hit is 80%, but IF 'idea hackers' overtake me kpere! temibami niyen! cry I'm not too bothered abt 'idea hackers' really, nigeria population is too big for one person to monopolise an idea.

What should i do pls?

Can I partner with you? lipsrsealed
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by ViktorMartins(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Why not finish your hostel construction before continuing this? You already mentioned you can't afford to continue the building and also invest in the biz; just finish the hostel first. I won't advise you to quit straight away, so far you said uve been researching on the idea, that means u got a team already, if not, get a team first... You can surely manage the two, work and biz if you can compartmentalize your life's activities
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by ioreth69(f): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Undue attention you said wrote! From who? The likes of uncultured bully like you? or faceless members who doesn't even know my first name? Humor me pls.

I took my time to read few of your posts and i would be boasting your ego if i called you a bully, but in the real sense what you lack is proper home training. I guess you are so pained i ignored the first comment you made on my thread,nigga i'm not here to flirt. I can see you already deleted that post. So, in addition to your lack of home training.YOU ARE ALSO A COWARD!.

I would like you to go back and read all your posts on nairaland? can you vouch for 10 decent posts that doesn't involve you cursing someone?

I'm not here to exchange words with you, I'm a grown as.s lady with back to back proper home training, i'm here to solicit for advice before making a decision that would either make me or ruin me.

So, stay off my mention and go back to being an uncultured coward on someone else's thread.

chai grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Brinxs(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
@op...I can tell that are young so I'll say you should complete your hostel project, save up again if u need to, QUIT YOUR JOB!!! and then start your business. feel free to inbox me or sth if u got a question or two.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by abbainfotech: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
If truly you cant successfully run this biz with your salary job. Then save enough that would sustain you and the biz for at least 6 months without profit...
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Bondesniger(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
Just go ahead and invest your time and money. Give your best to it and it will be 7up

I also have a very brilliant idea I need money to give birth to it and grow it
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Timiblanko(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
How much do you earn, 1 million right? Working alone pays mam, i bet you dont earn up to #150,000
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by chloride6: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
Are we talking about a novel idea?

How much money are you considering investing?

What job do you currently do?

All these will allow us properly advice you.

Aimingincognito
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by skuribeebo: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

What should i do pls?

since u can not quit ur job,u don't have any business idea.

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Bigt4y: 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

What should i do pls?

Let's WhatsApp on zero 8 zero, six 4 eight 5, one 6,three shoe.

I don't need to know about the idea, but I have an advise for your perusal.
Regards.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by ephi123(f): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:
Thanks everyone.

@eggcelent: I wish its a kind of business I could handover to a family member while I'm at work but unfortunately I have to oversee what's going on almost all the time, part of the business require some skills which I'm really good at.

I would appreciate more suggestions plsssss

Do you know anyone already in the same / similar line of business? If you do, get to understand more from them the challenges involved, cost, and other things only a person on the ground would know.

With this info, you will be in a better position to evaluate your level of readiness as well as a rough idea of how much you will need particularly at the initial phase.

I wish you the very best with it, always inspiring seeing people passionate about something.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Cladez(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
What kind of topic is this you are asking for help when you didnt tell us the business involved...... JUST GET LOST

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by nextstep(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Iseddy:
Don't u have an honest brother or sister u can convey this idea to, who will be overseeing it for you. To see how it's going den u can detect if it will be a hit or not before you can think of quitting ur job.

I don't really suggest involving family or friends (honest or not): at best, they won't have the same level of passion and understanding of the business as the OP. At worst, money has a funny way of changing people, and you'll soon find them chopping your money (afterall, they are the ones doing all the work).
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by KKKWHITE(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
The type of business or i wont give you any advice
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
Misskaycee21:

Oh hot zobo grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

that one weak megringrin. the babe get mouthgrin
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by bessmanie: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

Undue attention you said wrote! From who? The likes of uncultured bully like you? or faceless members who doesn't even know my first name? Humor me pls.

I took my time to read few of your posts and i would be boasting your ego if i called you a bully, but in the real sense what you lack is proper home training. I guess you are so pained i ignored the first comment you made on my thread,nigga i'm not here to flirt. I can see you already deleted that post. So, in addition to your lack of home training.YOU ARE ALSO A COWARD!.

I would like you to go back and read all your posts on nairaland? can you vouch for 10 decent posts that doesn't involve you cursing someone?

I'm not here to exchange words with you, I'm a grown as.s lady with back to back proper home training, i'm here to solicit for advice before making a decision that would either make me or ruin me.

So, stay off my mention and go back to being an uncultured coward on someone else's thread.

You are becoming like him

4 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Franky9584(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
nobi that one wey we been discuss. abi na another one?...plz wit us jaree

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by obawinner(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
complete the hostel, source for the business capital, then save 30% of the capital as a fall back money should incase it goes wrong.
on a lighter note, failure is the rudiment of a successful startup,if you really believe in your idea, starting now won't be a question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by KKKWHITE(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
If you are opening a hotel its good and very lucrative and i can give you an advice on that .
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by spanzed(m): 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

What should i do pls?

Choose whatever makes u happy.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:
Dominique Mrknowitall pls help me push this to FP for more advice, i really need to Mk a decision by end of May/June cry
@ lalasticlala i know this is not snake related but don't worry, i will kill a snake for you, you hear grin

Your passion is gushingly real.

You have the business idea for over two years and still counting. Good. Wehdone ma.

You dad told you to invest in viable property business. Good. Wehdone ma.

You are still working and earning salary. Good. Wehdone ma.

You are all on the right track!

Advice:

Your bizness idea is still secretely inside of you so keep it there for now. If you can keep it for two years you can still keep further. The passion is already there. thats very key.

You have started the property business. Ride on. Continue.

You are working and earning salary. Keep it up till you finish the property project, Since your salary funds the project.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by phorget(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
AimingIncognito:

So you want me to mention my business idea on a forum with almost 2million members. You really must be high on hot zobo o

Besides, i don't need 'help', what i need is advice.

Leave me alone let me call the mods oo, izit your call? tongue

No point mentioning the biz idea, you've got it all planned out so the CHOICE to quit or remain with ur current job is exclusively all urs too.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
Your idea is not amazing afteral else you won't be scared to lose your job.
That is not true. Many people have great ideas but until they can overcome fear of the unknown, nothing will happen.
Re: I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! by cooluc(f): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nothing good comes easy, every prize has a price, no pain no gain, the job you are working at right now it's some else's idea a time ago, and I guess if one should go memory lane you will discover that the employer started small. You are helping him/her to build their world.
My advice is, do not let go of your dream, passion and goals, look for a way to manage and cut down on all unnecessary luxuries and expenses lie low for now and manage what you have, but you have to start somewhere, starting by QUITING yeah! I just said it, quit your job since you can't do both, but before you do that save up for your miscellaneous personal stuff as well as others that are top priority. Then begin your journey with a focused and determined mind. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In Washington Sacks Workers, Explains Why / Governor Ikpeazu Honours Clement Chidinma, Female Mechanic. Photos / Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.