Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan (1925 Views)

Invite Jonathan Over N400m Fraud Case - Metuh / Reps Invite Jonathan Over Malabu Deal / Buhari To Osinbajo Panel: Suspend All Officials Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Tolexander: 5:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Eniola Akinkuotu and
Olalekan Adetayo

The committee set up to investigate the suspended Director General of the National Intelligence Agency , Ambassador Ayo Oke, and the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation , Babachir Lawal , has shelved plans to invite former President Goodluck Jonathan ,
SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

The committee , which is led by Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo, also has the Attorney General of the Federation , Abubakar Malami ( SAN) , and the National Security Adviser , Babagana Moguno , as members.

Part of the tasks of the committee is to investigate why the NIA kept $43. 4m , N 23m and £27, 000 ( N 13bn ) in a house in Ikoyi . The money was seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, based on a tip- off from a whistle -blower.

The PUNCH had reported on Friday that the suspended NIA DG had informed Osinbajo and the NSA that the money, which was originally , $289, 202, 382, emanated from the National Petroleum Investment Management Service on February 25, 2015, based on the instruction of then President Goodluck Jonathan.

Following the revelation , there were reports that the panel would invite Jonathan to understand the rationale behind the transaction , following allegations by the EFCC that the money was meant for the prosecution of the 2015 presidential election.

Jonathan ’ s media aides have since refused to comment on the matter .
However, an impeccable source within the Federal Government told one of our correspondents that Jonathan would not be invited.

The source, who wished to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the case , told our correspondent that this was not the first time that Jonathan ’ s name had featured in a probe.
He explained that he was deliberately being left out for political reasons.

The source said , “ We have carried out several probes , including the $2. 1bn arms scam involving the ( former ) service chiefs and the former NSA, Col . Sambo Dasuki ; we have probed the $1. 3bn Malabu scam involving the former AGF , Mohammed Adoke ( SAN) , as well as dozens of other investigations".

“ In all of these , the persons involved have all claimed to have received approval from Jonathan . But inviting or prosecuting a former President has a lot of implications. ”
Also , another source familiar with the work of the committee told Sunday PUNCH on Saturday on condition of anonymity that it was unlikely that Jonathan would be invited over the matter.

The source said , “ I can tell you that it is most unlikely that the committee will question the former President .
“Firstly , a former President cannot be treated that way. We are not talking about criminal prosecution here . But in this kind of case , he will be treated with the respect he deserves.

“Secondly, that he approved the money in itself is not a crime . The concern of the committee will be about what the money was used for after approval.

“It is possible for security agencies to seek approval for money and state the purpose . It is another thing for them to spend the money on the purpose for which it was approved".

The source however added that if Jonathan of his own volition offers to assist investigation by providing helpful information through back channels, such information would be appreciated.

There were reports last week that Jonathan ; the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria , Godwin Emefiele ; and the EFCC Chairman , Ibrahim Magu , would be questioned by the presidential panel to answer questions on the recovered N 13bn.

According to the reports, the panel would contact the former President and arrange a convenient way to meet him , rather than invite him.

Osinbajo committee to invite gov’ t officials , individuals – Presidency
Meanwhile, the Presidency on Saturday said the presidential committee set up by Buhari to investigate Lawal and the suspended Director- General of the NIA would invite relevant government officials and private individuals connected to both cases .
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity , Mr . Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement made available to journalists.

Akande said the committee would also obtain and scrutinise documents that may shed more light on the issues raised in both cases.

He said the committee , which had started work in earnest , would be holding its proceedings behind closed doors to allow full disclosure.

The statement read , “ The Presidential Committee set up earlier this week by President Muhammadu Buhari to probe certain allegations against the Secretary to the Government of the Federation , Mr . Babachir Lawal , and the Director General of the National Intelligence Agency , NIA, Mr . Ayo Oke, has commenced its work in earnest.

“In the discharge of its work , the panel is expected to invite all relevant officials and private individuals who may be connected to both cases . It will also obtain and scrutinise documents that may throw some light on the issues raised in both cases.

“All its proceedings will however be in closed sessions to avoid speculations, allow for full disclosure and enhance pace of work".

The panel, which is expected to submit its report to the President at the expiration of the 14-day deadline , will conduct its work with utmost diligence and without fear or favour. ”

http://punchng.com/seized-n13bn-osinbajos-panel-shelves-plan-to-invite-jonathan/
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by hucienda: 5:19am On Apr 23, 2017
lol ... who doesn't know all this is politics - except the zombie crew.

Their leaders keep mentioning his name to whip up their zombie base to a frenzy, to wànk unend - when everyone with a functioning brain knows it's all for political entertainment.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 5:26am On Apr 23, 2017
i always laugh when zombies dream of seeing Gej behind bars

to jail Goodluck . you have to jail all our former living heads of state and Presidents

including Buhari. cheesy

anti corruption fight my foot undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by 2cato: 5:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Gej the all powerful always given the zombies a black eye.
Check my signature

11 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 5:47am On Apr 23, 2017
The ineffectual buffoon Otueke man must come out straight otherwise to me he knows better than I believed ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Turaki4Presiden: 5:52am On Apr 23, 2017
To indirectly bring Jonathan name into every failure of this govt is part of their primary Agenda,yet they will never give him praise by mentioning his name in the railway sector and major road construction. Anyway those who can read between lines knows what is going on

13 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by 2cato: 5:53am On Apr 23, 2017
My signature has always said a lot about gej since he is a gentle man to the core I have been in nairaland for a very long time with my old user name that was ban for 80 years.
Cheak my signature If it is false click like but if true click share

6 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by sublimes: 5:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Some category of people might have cardiac arrest as a result of this development.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by vincent10(m): 6:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Jonathan is the cause of Buhari I'll health. Our source says so.

7 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by joe4real12: 7:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
The ineffectual buffoon Otueke man must come out straight otherwise to me he knows better than I believed ..
They are all the same. No one is clean.
Let the drama continue...

...patiently waiting for the next release.

7 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 7:10am On Apr 23, 2017
joe4real12:

They are all the same. No one is clean.
Let the drama continue...

...patiently waiting for the next release.
Nigeria political circles is greater than avatar games..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by pedrilo: 7:13am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
go and bring him out!
Wetin old man fit see while sitting, pikin nor fit see half even on top tree

12 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Suntzung: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Abuja Trity Thinzs...SHM grin
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by cktheluckyman: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2017
Even if they invite him,he won't even honour the invite

5 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by alrahmanonline(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2017
All those supporting GEJ Blindly and berating PMB government are hypocrite, Let's assume they invite Jonathan and grill him, you guys will start shouting Blue murder, they left him alone and you're still abusing the government, what exactly do you guys want? Nawao
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
pedrilo:
go and bring him out!
Wetin old man fit see while sitting, pikin nor fit see half even on top tree
He should not clear his name, he should keep mute allowed his name to be drag in mud every time or he should forever concur with his words "corruption is not stealing) or how do you misconstrued better simple comment ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by pedrilo: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
He should not clear his name, he should keep mute allowed his name to be drag in mud every time or he should forever concur with his words "corruption is not stealing) or how do you misconstrued better simple comment ..
silence is the best answer from me to you and from GEJ to APC govt

8 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2017
pedrilo:
silence is the best answer from me to you and from GEJ to APC govt
Pitiable enough you can't decide for him neither do I. Moreover I am not talking about party.. personality comes to played in this open scammed. if he think, his silent is golden this time around his on long things..
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by pedrilo: 8:06am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
Pitiable enough you can't decide for him neither do I. Moreover I am not talking about party.. personality comes to played in this open scammed. if he think, his silent is golden this time around his on long things..
your English is on a long thing!

8 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2017
pedrilo:
your English is on a long thing!
You don't need to mind my English this morning, just tried, I get my message right... yours English has not done any good for me, at my peak state of my fate your correct English were nowhere to be found..Yet I have your type of folks in my payroll ..keep your English.. when needed most you will be contacted.
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by pedrilo: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
You don't need to mind my English this morning, just tried, I get my message right... yours English has not done any good for me, at my peak state of my fate your correct English were nowhere to be found..Yet I have your type of folks in my payroll ..keep your English.. when needed most you will be contacted.

1 Like

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Goddex: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2017
I had even wondered what GEJ was coming to the panel to do.

The zombies heavily biased PUNCH and NATION newspapers keep misleading them with propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by gberra: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
That was a Good reply bro. Their English is best served as drivers & gatemen. They are a bunch of educated wastebags.

Igbos are fools.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by omenkaLives(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
Too many e-billionaires these days. cheesy
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2017
If only we know how much PMB must have approved in the past two years for some unbudgeted and undisclosed operations. It is also possible that PMB cronies are already misappropriating some of these funds. The fact is that the powers granted to Nigeria President and Governors by our constitution encouraged corruption and abuse of power that even a supposed honest man like PMB may not have choices but to sacrifice integrity at the altar of political exigencies. Can we in all honesty vouched for the sources of PMB's campaign funds running into billions?
Can we say all the former APC governors do not loot money or allocated money for elections?
What about the PDP politicians that defected to APC are they now saint?

I am not in any way supporting GEJ, but Nigerians should stop reasoning along party and ethnic lines. The fact is almost all our politicians are corrupt and are looting us blind. This looting unfortunately is still taking place under PMB. We need to speak with one voice and rise against these people that are looting our collective wealth.
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2017
[quote author=omenkaLives post=55829733][/quote]Thanks for your rating @least I got more than 50%..and you can clearly understood my message..
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by omenkaLives(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2017
Jabioro:
Thanks for your rating @least I got more than 50%..and you can clearly understood my message..
cheesy
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Jabioro: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
Not billionnaire or millionaires, but my little wealth is well deserved within my little empire..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by Nebuzaradan: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
including you cool

1 Like

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by MXrep: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2017
gberra:
That was a Good reply bro. Their English is best served as drivers & gatemen. They are a bunch of educated wastebags.

Igbos are fools.
what have you achieved with your english except carrying files from one office to another

2 Likes

Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by 1Rebel: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Good boy. GEJ is not your mate.
Re: Seized N13bn: Osinbajo’s Panel Shelves Plan To Invite Jonathan by LionDeLeo: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2017
omenkaLives:

Lol.
Oga, their mata don taya me.

He might just be one of the numerous nl "Mech Engrs" whose conglomerates are traded on the floor of NSE. grin. But the problem is that their "engrish" easily give them out.

That your butterfly was calling me "good friend" this morning even though I can’t remember when last I had an encounter with a "mechanical engineering phone repairer". grin

I was a member of a recruitment team sometimes last year in PH. To reduce the large number of the invited candidates, a self handwritten application for respective job specifications was a stage in the recruitment process. Wetin my eyes see that day, I no fit talk am.

Some headings were "A Self Handwritten Application For Respective Job Specifications". Lol.

Abeg, I no fit shout, d way dem day follow me upandan now, I no want chop ban.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE! See Viral Photo Of World Leaders' Signatures / Buhari's Speech Was A Lion's Roar Meant To Wake Up A Slumbering Nation-sheu Sani / Protesters Storm US Embassy Over Non-recognition Of IPOB As Terrorist Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.