Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) (100340 Views)

#BBNaija Thelma Mocks Seyi Also Applauds Tacha For Blasting Him. PHOTOS / Bitto Touches Princess In Bed, Big Brother Invites Him (Photos) / Do You Remember Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 8:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Patrick Oke

HAH:
Newsline was started by the duo of Yinka Craig and Patrick I forgot his surname, it it was after they left that frank olize took over, due to the goodness of Mr Olize with did not miss the former anchors
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
nairaman66:
I don't know him and I am not a member of the indomie generation!! grin

Impossible!

It is either you live in the extreme village
OR
Outside of Nigeria
OR
You were too young (indomie generation)

For you not to know Frankolize.

Or Your Parent don't own a TV.

Everyone watched Newsline (until Frank left NTA)

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yusuf Jibo grin

Mojibola:

Yinka Craig, and one Hausa man, memory fails me. used to anchor that early morning show. I liked listening to those two.

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by 1miccza: 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
How can I ever forget him?

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by Eibams60(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
I dey that time but like say p.leh never buy tele oo
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by femi4: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
Unfortunately I do not know him, I met Kehinde Young Harry
That means you didn't meet Abike dabiri too cos after Frank, Abike took over before joining politics (AC/APC)

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by chival(f): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nbote:
Choiii OP u don old ooo.. Na dat period dem still dey do petroleum perspective with one guy wey don turn big Oga for nnpc now...

That was Livvie Ajonuma. He died in the Dana plane crash a few years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by yusasiv(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
steril. stober if am right...
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by adeadeyera(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
nairaman66:

Oga, abeg choose one.
You either know him or belong to the noodles generation.
Frank Olize remains unmissable, even if you lived on Koma hills or the remotest part of Maiduguri

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by RALPHOW(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE?
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by femi4: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
salford:
of course. Abike dabiri took over from him. I remember cyril stober too.
Abike did a wonderful job too. After Abike, NTA just die like that. No thanks to the birth of AIT, STV, Channels etc

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by mytym(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Yup, and the likes of Ruth Benamaisia Opia, late Tokunbo Ajayi, Abike Dabiri, Cyril Stober, Ronke Ayuba, Eugenia Abu, l will add more if l can still recall them wink

Sola Atere
Patrick Oke
Kalu Otisi
Tokunbo *Ajai
Funke Oga
Aisha Katung Bello (She keeps changing husband names)

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nbote:
Choiii OP u don old ooo.. Na dat period dem still dey do petroleum perspective with one guy wey don turn big Oga for nnpc now...

The guy is dead, he died in Dana air crash

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
I could remember vividly, he still got the look
That program was among the best NTA program during that time.

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by Wisebird22(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
nairaman66:
means u guys never had a television set.

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

Impossible!

It is either you live in the extreme village
OR
Outside of Nigeria
OR
You were too young (indomie generation)

For you not to know Frankolize.

Or Your Parent don't own a TV.

Everyone watches Newsline until Frank left NTA

No need to refer to my parents dude! By the way, they asked who knows him not who owns TVs then!!

3 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Wisebird22:
means u guys never had a television set.

Yeah we never, but I do now!

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by mytym(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mojibola:

Yinka Craig, and one Hausa man, memory fails me. used to anchor that early morning show. I liked listening to those two.

Sadiq Daba of AM express.

He played the famous police detective in Kunle Afolayan's movie- October 1

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by uglodoh(f): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
Goke7:
Many of the indomie generation will never know that abike dabiri was even a correspondent for Newsline with frank olize, the Mary story comes to mind which actually brought abike dabiri to limelight. Those of the days of sweet journalism in this same Nigeria and on NTA for that matter.

she was also a presenter. She left for politics.
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by toprealman: 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nbote:
Gaius Obaseki was running the show quietly.
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by EdDave(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
@OP, Newsline was never the same when Frank olize left.
But I don't understand how people feel marriage is the final achievement of life. Even the bible says u can stay single if u can be chaste.
Marriage this, marriage that.
Everyone is free to stay single or marry when they want.

Na una go still dey complain say people dey divorce left and right.
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by Klington: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Na only one person get one small black n white TV for our community that time.... Na there we they go watch newsline, masquerade, Willie Willie, nite rider, how time flies grin grin grin grin... And i never still marry uptil now sef grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by uglodoh(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Blainz:

The guy is dead, he died in Dana air crash
the name of Dr. Livi Ajunoma. I do not know if the spellings are right.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by oglalasioux(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Where is his cane chair?
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by ObongawanAKS(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
I remember him just like yesterday. His slogan used to be, good evening Nigeria! Welcome to Newsline. I am Frank Olise; do u know where your children are? Back then, no matter where u are, to avoid stories that touch be home before 9pm.

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by ToyinDipo(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sure I do. There was a favourite reporter of mine, is he still active, lol.
Emma Okondo (pauses) NTA News.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by shumuel(m): 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
simoncynto:
I know so many new generation youth won't know this great presenter who ruled d Nigeria broadcasting with his unique style of presenting d popular Sunday-sunday tonic 'Newsline' every 9:15pm.Nigerians (old n young)always wait in anticipation to get d latest weird gist n story at d time.On a lighter note,if u followed this icon's programme and u are still single,u need deliverance.

Frank Olize pictured at his daughter's wedding in Dubai last year

Hahaha Lol grin Oga Frank, it's nice seeing this old face again, @ Op i know him and i watched Newline too but am not married, Oya come to ma house and force marriage on me grin tongue
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
nairaman66:

No need to refer to my parents dude! By the way, they asked who knows him not who owns TVs then!!

I am sorry if I sound offensive.

I will never disrespect your Parent.

Every Nigerian watched Frankolize then: few homes had video players and except in cases where ones parent are Deeper life members (who don't watch TV) not because they can't afford it
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by armadeo(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
nairaman66:

You no get tv?

Who no know news line.

His sign off quote " good evening am Frank olize"

You beindomie generation joor grin

Or you parents didn't know were you were. grin
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by ijayebonyi(f): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
Unfortunately I do not know him, I met Kehinde Young Harry
me too. That woman is ageless and very simple
Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by simplyOJ(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
pyyxxaro:
The person above me must be a member of the Indomie Community grin

Good evening I'm Frank Olise cool
Do you know where your children are?

1 Like

Re: Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) by Janyves(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
I was a kid then... My dad made me listen to Nta's " tonight @ nine" and my favourite "News line" . Frank Olize was lean then, he also loved hats. I can still remember the sound track of the Sunday night show.( Looks like a guitar and trumpet blend). Good old days... Monochrome display tv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Michy Shatta's Slippers-Breasts On GMAA2016 Red Carpet, Fans React / Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / YOUR TOP 10 Seasonal Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.