Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,068 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija (51780 Views)

Daddy Freeze: My Ex-wife Opeyemi Olarinde Has Run Out Of Country With My Kids / Hushpuppi Hosts Daddy Freeze In Dubai As They Show Off Their Wristwatches (Pics) / Opeyemi Olarinde To Timi Dakolo: "Ignore Daddy Freeze, Myopic Man" -Ex Wife Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by kokozain(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Opeyemi, the estranged wife of Ifedayo Olarinde (popularly known as Freeze) reached out to BellaNaija to tell her own truth concerning the events that led to their separation.

She said she wouldn’t have a stranger speak up for her as two social media accounts with the same name – @andelasmith – have been making several allegations against Freeze in the past couple of days. Read about them here and here.

With the permission of her children, Opeyemi has shared her own side of the story.

See excerpts below:

On their marital status:

I am still in court with him. Our divorce is not final, we’ve not even had a trial. The issue now is the last time we went to court the judge wanted to speak to our children (as they) were also involved in the abuse. My son has a kneecap that was broken when he tried to cover me when his father was beating me. He is just learning how to walk properly again and started playing football in January.
A lot has happened and I’ve kept quiet because I don’t know how to handle this. I kind of saw all this coming tho because when I was leaving he threatened me that if I left he will destroy me on social media because he has the power to do so as I am nothing and he is everything and there was no way I was going to survive without him.

On how are kids are coping with this:

We went on holiday to an African country and when we got back the first thing my daughter to me “Mummy I’m so glad this is the house we came back to, and not VI.” This is a situation where there was abuse every day.
A year before I left I had to stay in my marriage and be called Benedicta. I have enough evidence with my lawyers that will show all the abuse I went through. He cursed my son for covering me up while he was hitting me. My kids are in a much better place now and are happy. We live in a better situation and a more positive environment.

My kids and I watched an interview he did and thankfully they didn’t cry. They just laughed. I thank God that they are healing.

On why she has decided to speak up now:

He is the only man I’ve ever known for that long, so I didn’t exactly know how to handle what happened to me. There was no go-to book or counsellor; my not responding then was me broken, confused and lost. He used to beat me and put her on speaker phone and say “look I’m beating her and she has refused to leave” then she would scream at me to get out of the house. But I didn’t have anywhere to go.
I had no exit strategy but at the end of the day, I had to leave because if I had died that is how the story would have ended.

Right now reading all that stuff I read yesterday (Wednesday), I have no idea who the person is behind the Twitter account, but I am not a coward and if someone has come out with 100% truth of what happened, then I will speak up.

A stranger can’t be fighting for me and I’m quiet, so I decided to come out and say yes it is true. He was given a court order to stop humiliating me on social media but he hasn’t stopped.

I asked them (my kids) for their permission before I did this interview and my daughter goes “mummy you’ve been quiet, and it’s almost like you are afraid of him” My son said “mummy you’re afraid of daddy even though we’ve left” I had to let them know I’m not afraid of him and that’s why I’ve decided to speak up.

On why he is doing what he’s doing:

He was born into an abusive family, so I sort of understood where he was coming from. That was one of the reasons why I stayed so long. Even when people asked why I stayed with him when I was admitted into the hospital in 2006, I told them this was someone I basically grew up with, there was so much we had ahead of us so I wasn’t going to walk out on him.

If not for my kids I can assure you I would have still stayed and he would have killed me, just because I didn’t have anywhere to go. He kept everybody away from me. I think he is disturbed, and this may be his own way of crying out for help.

OAP Freeze had previously shared his side of the story. We hope they find peace and compromise soon.

Listen to the exclusive interview with BellaNaija below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU1TeiCrEcQ

https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/04/exclusive-opeyemi-olarinde-speaks-on-allegations-from-social-media-accounts-against-her-estranged-husband-oap-freeze-audio/

Daddy freeze responded and blasted his ex wife here

https://www.nairaland.com/3756944/daddy-freeze-responds-ex-wife-opeyemis

1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by mikky4764(f): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Daddy freeze

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by pyyxxaro: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Naaa Devil de use una 2

Mmmsshheeewww

13 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by thesicilian: 10:50am On Apr 23, 2017
What goes around comes around.

5 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Smellymouth: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2017
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by baby124: 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
I tend to believe this version more. OP, arrange your post well with paragraphs and ask the mods to push to front page

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Nukilia: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Every marriage has their ups and downs undecided

Starts with photoshoot ---- wedding ---- few kids ----- divorce ---- interviews undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by kokozain(m): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
baby124:
I tend to believe this version more. OP, arrange your post well with paragraphs and ask the mods to push to front page
Done sir
mod do the needful
Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by angelTI(f): 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
I have never liked Freeze because he runs his mouth anyhow. Nemesis will soon catch up with him!

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by SURElee(f): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Freeze be wan kill this woman and freeze her destiny forever. And thou shall flee from emotionally deranged/ unstable madu( people) from abusive homes/backgrounds.

Freeze no dey tire sef?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by BrutalJab: 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
Baby Freeze, can you see your life outside?

Lalasticlala, come and take this to front page, it's her own side of the story.

Freeze is a useless hypocrite and a coward.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by bootylady101(f): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
freeze

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by nairalandfreak(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Freeze gets frozen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by emmabest2000(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nukilia:
Every marriage has their ups and downs undecided

Starts with photoshoot ---- wedding ---- few kids ----- divorce ---- interviews undecided
Gbam

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Pavore9: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sad.
Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
When would couples married or otherwise learn to keep issues out of social media?
File in court and wait for your turn.........

7 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
There always two sides to every story, in this case, the stories are very different! With the antecedents of this boy called freeze, I choose to believe his wife over him! he seems irresponsible, lacks home training and arrogant!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by David0(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Why do I think she's taken advantage of the situation to manipulate the judge b4 d trial.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Scatterscatter(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
I tire for All these Romanians sef undecided

First Daddy freeze then Tboss Now Daddy freeze again lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Buharimustgo: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Freeze is an animal,infested with demonic spirits

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by admax(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
I am not surprised a bit!

Only an insecure person will constantly be attacking people who don't know he exist, on social media.

Their lives are shattered and they take it out on innocent people.

26 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by vickylincon(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
I believed freeze more. no offense to ladies but they know how to manipulate truth very well

11 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Buking1: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Like seriously
Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by drealsiga(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
This Freeze guy no dey taya? Dude is freaking losing it over and over again. I wonder the type of people who take him serious. Pfft.

6 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
I would have been ftc, but was busy reading and sympathising with the abused.

Freeze is nyash

4 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by repogirl(f): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Cant imagine the sort of marriage those two had. Their house would have been a war zone.

4 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by snapshot: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hypocrite, always condemning men of God but u bad pass them.Freez is the no one sheepie that needs libration.

8 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Ezionye(f): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Freeze is an animal,infested with wrong demonic spirits

Are there right demonic spirits?
Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by Johnbelovd: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Freeze abi na Freezer be ur name. Caman see your life outside o.

4 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Olarinde Blasts Daddy Freeze In An Interview With Bellanaija by AngelicBeing: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Tiwa Savage Embarrassed Me Because Of Wizkid" - Lady / Dj Cuppy & Ryan Taylor Party With Friends To Celebrate Their Engagement In Dubai / Dolapo Badmos Wears New Police Outfit In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.