Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) (38799 Views)

Palm Oil Is Now N6500! / Flower Tree Produced In Woman Shapes (photos / Ever Wonder How Palm Oil Is Made? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by blingxx(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2017
ahonye15:
This process is for Yoruba Land alone, that's why their palm oil doesn't have tast. Dirty people with dirty xtere.

so palm oil dey get taste ? .... mumu ... oil that you have consumed without knowing ..abi they categorize ibo and Yoruba red oil for market ? grin
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Niyisunday: 8:08pm On May 22, 2017
And these people that preaches tribalism goes to church ooo. I see Nigeria moving on
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2017
You can only see that method of processing of palm oil in Afonja land. No wonder their palm oil is the worst compare to south east and south south oil. Their palm oil wen DE spoil soup.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 22, 2017
Just threw up in my mouth, ewww embarassed
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2017
Watch d idiots coming here to claim cleanliness yet the world's diritiest cities are in the southeast.Almost everyday we read news about their filthy cities yet they come online to claim what is not. Shior

2 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by basic23111: 8:21pm On May 22, 2017
I disagree with poster,,,u will hardly find where this method is used in Nigeria. there are palm oil press machine and palm kernel press machine with blower. I have a palm tree farm in Abeokuta and this is what I do...

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by eazymoni: 8:30pm On May 22, 2017
simple thread on Palm oil, all these wretched ethnic bigots with hatred boiling dia blood, will turn it into afonja vs Igbo/developers war. Metcheww.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by maxti: 8:37pm On May 22, 2017
later we will blame other races for calling names includ
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Tecno66: 8:46pm On May 22, 2017
Only very few people still use this method.
bumi10:
It is very easy to "talk the talk" and not "walk the talk" especially in this part of the world and to be specific, in Nigeria. We always talk about Agro business and we do little or no impart to develop the sector and most of our Agro food and production are still done in the olden ways (akaic ways).

When are we going to mechanize our farming? I have seen many places and people that produces this palm oil and what my eye saw is a sight that is not pleasant to see. So palm oil is still produced like in the olden days. I don't even want to talk about how some other things are being produced but palm oil? That we consume everyday?

It is indeed pathetic. See more pics below and share your thoughts.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/did-you-know-this-is-how-palm-oil-you.html
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Abdul124(m): 8:50pm On May 22, 2017
Ewww!
bumi10:
It is very easy to "talk the talk" and not "walk the talk" especially in this part of the world and to be specific, in Nigeria. We always talk about Agro business and we do little or no impart to develop the sector and most of our Agro food and production are still done in the olden ways (akaic ways).

When are we going to mechanize our farming? I have seen many places and people that produces this palm oil and what my eye saw is a sight that is not pleasant to see. So palm oil is still produced like in the olden days. I don't even want to talk about how some other things are being produced but palm oil? That we consume everyday?

It is indeed pathetic. See more pics below and share your thoughts.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/did-you-know-this-is-how-palm-oil-you.html
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 22, 2017
undecided
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 8:52pm On May 22, 2017
This picture again... it was used to show how canned palm kernel "milk" for making banga,ofe akwu, ataama is made. Probably to discourage those that buy the canned one instead of buying fresh palm kernel and making it themselves.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by UTEWUOJO: 8:56pm On May 22, 2017
These are not Nigerians
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by oogalabs2: 8:57pm On May 22, 2017
If it's done this way, it certain that this is unhygienic. I produce oil and can say that it's not done that way, at least not be me or all others I have seen
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by lailo: 9:17pm On May 22, 2017
if piss hold them,dem release am inside.even spittle.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by freeage7(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2017
That is what I call "match the banga"
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by billyG(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2017
This is heart rending!Disgusting!! cry cry cry cry
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2017
wristbangle:
I came here to learn how oil palm is produced but tribal bigots have ruined the purpose of this thread.

#walks out#

this tired me so much whenever something informative and enlightened is posted..nairaland is now a tribal Court of justice where people come to banter themselves...
what is so strange about a palm oil mill that is ancient or modern but produces human needs...the palm oil produced is heated and all micro organisms are killed so why all these hatred or egocentric comments of my palm oil is better..no wonder the old cargoes of politicians do all they can to remain in power because Nigerian youths are immature and fish brains..
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Atlantia(f): 9:55pm On May 22, 2017
blingxx:

so palm oil dey get taste ? .... mumu ... oil that you have consumed without knowing ..abi they categorize ibo and Yoruba red oil for market ? grin
Sorry to bûtt in but palm oil does have a unique taste... I once bought oil from the market and after using it to make soup,I couldn't eat it...It gave the soup this odd smell and taste.

Since then, I don't buy oil from just anyone and I always make sure I taste it before making the purchase.

2 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by clems88(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2017
Aonkuuse:
Wow Anyway It Is, Atleast For The Past 25 Years I Have Been Taking Palm Oil Without Any Hygienous Infects So I Don't Care, Well Do You Mind Going To A Local Bread Factory To See How It Is Produced? Before I Can Say Anything Further Just Visit One And Let Me Know, It Is Worst Than This
bros one is behind my house here in lag. The day I saw how they were mixing sweat with bread I almost gave up the ghost undecided
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by stilldoingokay(f): 10:17pm On May 22, 2017
me I know understand this one ooh, this is not how we, we do it in my place ooh
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 22, 2017
What country is this?this is not the way it's done in many places o,even that young nairalander that inherited his late father mills doesn't do it like that o,I forgot his moniker,hopefully he'll see this thread and respond to your assertions.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2017
Not that different from how grapes are processed into wine.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2017
successmatters:

Lia Mohammed. Show your own pictures.

I will bookmark this page and show you a picture of a typical oil mill in my village. It has never been done like this in my village.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2017
Na wao
alizma:

you are not sure they are Nigerians abi? I am a Nigerian, we did it like that when I was small, it is still being down like that till today. the ones prepared in that way taste better. the one I have at home right now was prepared in that way and I know you will like it.
if you have a friend from Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, you may ask him to get some for you.

Na wao! This is too primitive.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by iaamxavier(m): 11:16pm On May 22, 2017
cheesy see as them murder skull miners in this thread jesus! cheesy
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:22pm On May 22, 2017
EmeeNaka:
we still use pestle and mortar till date but this procedure of swimming inside oily water was never used in Igboland

Absolutely! When it is a few bunches we use pestle and mortar, but once your palm fruits can fill a drum half way, it is processed in oil mills. In addition all the oil mills in village are mechanized but small scale. Commenting from Abia. The pictures above will make my aged mum shudder if she sees them.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by CaptPlanet(m): 11:23pm On May 22, 2017
venai:
What is this shit! Abeg I am seeing this for the first time. This is not how palm oil is produced in my home town. I can see why buyers always prefer our palm oil and karnels to those produced in other places. If you are looking for clean and good palm oil and karnels, visit these towns in Anambra and Imo states- Lilu and Orsu-ihiteukwa . Most towns in Anambra state produce good palm oil but the one produced in these towns are clean, natural and undiluted. Thank me later.

I've been to lilu a couple of times and i've seen where oil is produced and i've never seen anything like this. Even in Ozublu. Anyways, that by the way. Is Lilu palm oil grade 1?
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by seniorkachion(m): 11:28pm On May 22, 2017
kolaaderin:

70% of the oil in market today is made from this process, its only a minority presently using mechanised more hygienic processes. Leave Lagos and go to the villages to see for yourself.

Not even 1% of palm oil produced this way in lgboland. Am seeing this for the first time in my life.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by salford: 11:49pm On May 22, 2017
if you see how they make ponmo..u will never eat it again in your life .. grin
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by MightySparrow: 1:41am On May 23, 2017
londoner:

It is in Ekiti State but it makes no difference it is still Nigeria and maybe it was produced like this at some point in some parts of Igboland too. I know they also use pestle and mortar in SE also where they don't have grinding machines.

In tbe part of £kiti qhere I am now serving there is locay fabricated machine that does the job. I think this is OP is either waking up from a long sleep or he is talking about his village not in Ekiti state. I have not even sen a meat seller like what I see in Ibadan or Lagos hawking meet.in Ekiti. Every meat seller has a kiosk and a scale at least. or you buy in market. When posted there I was surprised at first.
this same thing happens to cassava being ground by locally made machines. I am repondin to this at night I would have loved to show some pictures of a welder fabricating these machines in front of where I stay now in Emure LGA.

I believe the same is available in othee parrs of SW now because it is cheaper than the picture the OP is showing us.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by MightySparrow: 1:43am On May 23, 2017
[quote author=londoner post=55837106]

It is in Ekiti State but it makes no difference it is still Nigeria and maybe it was produced like this at some point in some parts of Igboland too. I know they also use pestle and mortar in SE also where they don't have grinding machines.[/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria / 12 Cattle Die In Kogi While Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.