Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? (43270 Views)

Live Service From Winners Chapel In Gotv And Dstv. Check This / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ayusco85(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.

Tah.. If I hear. To u Muslims it means diff things.

Explain why u quote "THERE IS NO GOD BUT allah".

Only u Muslims know who allah is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Kdon2: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
guttentag:
South Africa that don't believe in God

But believe in allah...SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by SlyCharlie(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
kemade14:
I also have observed something for sometime now. I am someone who pay attention to details. Before I buy things,I check for the ingredients,name of the company that produced it,address etc. I noticed that most of the products we use now carry the symbol and inscription 'halal' which were never there before (the sign was just in few). Most product wrappers carrying that sign increased seriously from 2015. I went further to check for the meaning and I begin to wonder if these products are strictly made for muslims since I don't know of any product specifically made for Christians. Try check the wrappers of products like milo, bournvita, most of the biscuits we eat (most especially Yale biscuits),noodles, in fact most of the things we use. I think its only OK foods products that do not carry that sign yet.We are truly in the last days.Know what you believe and take a stand!. Read 1John 4, you will understand better.JESUS CHRIST is the way!, no other way to God.
Don't bring up an issue where there is non.
If u aint a muslim, Halal shouldn't mean anything to u.
That word there is just there for muslims to know that that particular item is permitted for consumption. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Timiblanko(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Guy, there is no God. Your inability to explain what you don't understand makes you believe that there is. Back in the day, you will be burnt at the stake for saying the world is round by guess who? The church. Nigerians don't go for medical check ups and when someone dies of high blood pressure they say it's God's work. For God's sake which kain thought process be that?

Then you've forced me, GOD please show yourself to this man in a hard way, then make him to shake and destroy the work of the darkness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
eternalcity:
In American schools, it is forbidden to mention God or Jesus Christ, yet, pupils are taught about Islam and how to pray the Islamic prayers.

The attack against the true Faith is spreading on all fronts.

Sauce

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
seunsola2411:
it has been a while now that i noticed whenever the word GOD is suppose to appear in any movie it will be blanked or blocked bur when d word allah is mentioned,nothing will be done... Kindly bear with me i am not causing religion issue but beggin to observe and giv me your feed back...
its because some people find the word offensive.... someine somewhere must have complained

its the same reason they stopped airing that show about Kim kardashian's dad caitlyn Jenner (trans gender) because many Nigerians complained about the show.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Kdon2: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.

Go sidon! Fundamental bagladash

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ovaRAYted(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
ZarZar:

Perhaps they go by that commandment:Thou shall not use the Lord's name in vain. Remember that some viewers are staunch Christians who probably complain about its use & everything else.

nahh,I see the logic in your talk but I doubt that
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
5DMindset:
I don't have a God. But I do know that Jehovah is the God that Christians worship.
like I said, please provide your proof that Jehovah is your GOD or the name of your GOD.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Kdon2: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:

Go sidon! Fundamental bagladash
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by emmaitive(m): 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
becos they are all antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Bollinger(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Timiblanko:

Then you've forced me, GOD please show yourself to this man in a hard way, then make him to shake and destroy the work of the darkness

Lol. You think i have never faced tough problems in my life? It's called adversity and overcoming them. Everyone goes through it/them. It is only in Nigeria that when faced with issues it is the "devil" grin work.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by jydharry(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Lol!
how is ur day going?

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by sheyilaw05(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
African Magic especially!!!
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lovine:
But Emmanuel TV preaches there.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by FA13(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:

Why keep using Allah in every other language, and not God when you are speaking or writing in English?

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
[b]I'm amazed that anyone would be asking this question. Multichoice censors the use of the word God when it is spoken in a derogatory or disreputable context, like "God damn you", "God forsaken" etc. When the word is used positively, it is never censored. I've watched films like "Fighting Temptations" and "Joyful Noise" on MNET. These are essentially Christian films dealing with Christian themes and DSTV has never censored the use of the word God in any of these films because it is used respectfully and with reverence. I've watched "Bruce Almighty" which is a comedy film about God on DSTV and they also did not censor usage of the word in that film. It appears that DSTV is enforcing the scripture that says we are not to use God's name in vain, even though I don't know why they would do this since they are a commercial and not a religious organisation.

You guys should educate yourselves before jumping to hasty conclusions.

[/b]

You will be surprised at what happens behind the scenes with people sending them disgruntled emails & whatnot. They can remove an entire programme altogether or from a certain time slot based on what viewers deem is "unsuitable". They did that with the Ricki Lake show. Just because some of us go with the flow, doesn't mean that others sit back & let things slide. I never knew people complain so much until that show was taken off its usual slot & put on at night. So yeah, maybe people complained about the disrespectful content in which the name is used.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by IntroVAT: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
The answer is simply because they cater to customers of all religions including atheists
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
but we agree that the God of moslems and christians are different. Even an atheist can see that

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
jydharry:

how is ur day going?

Good. Thanks, dear.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Timiblanko(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. You think i have never faced tough problems in my life? It's called adversity and overcoming them. Everyone goes through it/them. It is only in Nigeria that when faced with issues it is the "devil" grin work.

Do you now believe that their is devil grin
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Bollinger(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
Timiblanko:

Do you now believe that their is devil grin

Read and comprehend. Where in my comment did you hear me say so. Read slowly.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by klbakare(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
Allah does not mean God, has never meant God, and will never mean God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
jusRadical:

Not true.

Stop that. Your allah or whatever is not the Almighty God.

Your allah can be one of the demons around. How it be even a 'god' and his folks will need to kill and maim for him: holding the whole world at ransome?

Lol. Who's holding the whole world at ransom?

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
ovaRAYted:

nahh,I see the logic in your talk but I doubt that

We're all speculating after all. Nobody can say they know for certain, which is where common sense should help connect the dots
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
you set mind those religious bigot.. Allah simply means God in Arabic as Language as you have d name u called God in your whatever languages u speak.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
you dey mind those religious bigot.. Allah simply means God in Arabic as Language as you have d name u called God in your whatever languages u speak.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by seunsola2411(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
am not conversant with other stations much bur if yu are with yoruba stations you will notice it very well... No wonder they removed one gospel just for no reasons..........
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
but we agree that the God of moslems and christians are different. Even an atheist can see that

They are different cos Christians worship the god called Jesus who happens to be just a prophet while the Muslims worship the one true God (Allah).

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by jerryclinton: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
God Jehovah is not the same with Allah. The 2 accepts different kinds of worship. While Jehovah sent his son to die and shed his blood as the last atonement for sins and never again accept animal sacrifices in any form, the Allah god still accepts animal sacrifices. The 2 cannot be the same because Jehovah says he's not an author of confusion. He can't stop the sacrifices of animals by offering his only son yet on the other hand accepts animal sacrifices by muslims. The two are 2 different entities but Jehovah is the superior. Jehovah's rules in the bible concerning human lives are different from Allah's own in the koran. Many other things between the 2 Gods are in 2 parrallel ways. For Dstv, entertainment world is controlled by the devil. Most of these businesses are owned by occults and 2 d devil, that's one of his ways of ridiculing the almight through his agents dstv. Also you can see the fruits the portray in their core dstv sponsored programme, BBN, BBA. They promote everything the bible is against. Allah is a blood sucking god and an image of the devil pretending to be holy but all a grand deceit as the bible says the devil appears atimes as the angel of light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Timiblanko(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Read and comprehend. Where in my comment did you hear me say so. Read slowly.

That is just a question
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by queiii: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
well I haven't noticed that. movies zone shows a movie "Time changer" and it's all about God. lots of other channels air shows God related. I am only gon assume your OP is restricted to particular channels, not all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.