Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story (8207 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / Cocoa, Cashew And Coffee Improved Seedlings For Sale / International Price Of Cocoa Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2017
FLORIDA ORANGE PLANTATION

The state of Florida in the USA generates about $9 billion from it's 69.5 million Orange/Citrus trees grown on 531,500 acres of land.

Florida produces about 180 million boxes of orange annually and creates 76000 direct and indirect decent jobs.

90% of the Orange is processed into juice and the remainder is sold as fresh fruit.

They also produce oil,fragrances,flavorings and animal feed from the oranges.

How many mango trees can we grow between Lokoja and Makurdi?

Did I hear you say 100 Million....!

ANONYMOUS
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2017
Newway2:
FLORIDA ORANGE PLANTATION

The state of Florida in the USA generates about $9 billion from it's 69.5 million Orange/Citrus trees grown on 531,500 acres of land.

Florida produces about 180 million boxes of orange annually and creates 76000 direct and indirect decent jobs.

90% of the Orange is processed into juice and the remainder is sold as fresh fruit.

They also produce oil,fragrances,flavorings and animal feed from the oranges.

How many mango trees can we grow between Lokoja and Makurdi?

Did I hear you say 100 Million....!

ANONYMOUS

If only we can wake up & take agriculture seriously, we can also achieve this feat.

Imagine each state taking on 2 or 3 agric products & explore the whole value chain instead of just producing subsistencely.

They will be able to create more than 150,000 sustainable new jobs per state.

Well, if the govt won't help us, we need to braze up & help ourselves.

Agriculture is & can be dependable, sustainable, prosperous.....if done rightly.

This is d whole idea of our *CocoaVillage* project.

We want to relaunch cocoa as dependable agro product.

It has been done b4. It can be done again.

Together, we can achieve more & make it happen.

Who cares to join us?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2017
Oil is dead.
Are you ready? Are we ready?

https://www.nairaland.com/3989356/death-oil-ready
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
It is very easy to just enter bush, clear & start planting cocoa.

D problem of most farmers in Nigeria is post harvest mgt.

How do we make sure we don't end up being poor farmers if we fail to harness d bizness side of d cocoa value chain?

We are building a bizness model that hasn't been done b4 in Nigeria.

We need to look at all d nitty gritty to come out with a workable model.

We shall, God's willing; deliver a workable *CocoaVillage* bizness model for d benefit of us all.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2017
In a world without oil,

In a Nigeria without oil,

Cocoa will be one of d kings.
Be wise now.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:14am On Aug 22, 2017
A new DAWN is here.

Cash crop will soon become king again.

Cocoa is the 1st among equals.

Are you ready? Are we ready?

Join our CocoaVillage project.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Delgi(m): 11:57am On Aug 30, 2017
Newway2:
There are eight new varieties of Cocoa recently released for distribution by the Federal Government of Nigeria. 

Practically all of them start fruiting  within 18 months  but earlier under irrigation. 

Under minimal agronomic practice conditions they yield btwn 1.5-2 Tons/hectare. 

With good agronomic practice condition and irrigation they yield throughout the year with yield per hectare doubling or trippling. 

So you should consider an investment in Cocoa.

Contact us For ur improved plantain suckers & 18months yielding cocoa..

We are D #CocoaMaster

What type of irrigation is needed for the cocoa/plantain farm, drip or spray?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
Delgi:

What type of irrigation is needed for the cocoa/plantain farm, drip or spray?

Drip tape/hose is d best because it doesn't waste water & it doesn't feed weeds. But, it's a bit expensive to installed.

Spray tube/Raingun or sprinkler is cheaper but not good for fruiting cocoa tree because of BPD (black pod disease)
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by shayma(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Newway2:

If only we can wake up & take agriculture seriously, we can also achieve this feat.

Imagine each state taking on 2 or 3 agric products & explore the whole value chain instead of just producing subsistencely.

They will be able to create more than 150,000 sustainable new jobs per state.

Well, if the govt won't help us, we need to braze up & help ourselves.

Agriculture is & can be dependable, sustainable, prosperous.....if done rightly.

This is d whole idea of our *CocoaVillage* project.

We want to relaunch cocoa as dependable agro product.

It has been done b4. It can be done again.

Together, we can achieve more & make it happen.

Who cares to join us?

I would like to join you on cocoa farming. We have something in comon. 08062576539.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
shayma:

I would like to join you on cocoa farming. We have something in comon. 08062576539.

Good.

Pls, share ur story. Is it similar to #MyCocoaStory?
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Delgi(m): 10:00am On Aug 31, 2017
Newway2:

Drip tape/hose is d best because it doesn't waste water & it doesn't feed weeds. But, it's a bit expensive to installed.

Spray tube/Raingun or sprinkler is cheaper but not good for fruiting cocoa tree because of BPD (black pod disease)

My thought exactly. I can't begin to imagine the cost of setting up a complete drip irrigation system for at least 20 hctr farm. It's doable don't get me wrong, but will only be worth it if u plan to add value instead of just selling beans imo.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Delgi(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Newway2:

Raingun is a no go as per BPD, But Spray tube might/should be a cheaper alternative (even though fertigation will not be possible) and will result in extra weeding cost. The long and short of it is to make a cost analysis and go for the best.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by alakara(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
Delgi:

Raingun is a no go as per BPD, But Spray tube might/should be a cheaper alternative (even though fertigation will not be possible) and will result in extra weeding cost. The long and short of it is to make a cost analysis and go for the best.

Going by this analysis, the best cost analysis is drip.
Thanks.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by ogoplus: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Newway2:
Are you an educated farmer?

Can you guarantee yourself regular income in your old age when you leave farming?

Are you thinking of agric pension?

Are you over 40yrs?

Then, join the New Cocoa Farmers Forum where we discuss how cocoa can give you pension in your old age

We shall rub minds on how we can mutually & collectively take our vocation: agriculture & farming a notch higher than our fathers.

Every educated & practicing farmer shld endavour to prepare 4 (farming/agric) retirement by planting "COCOA".

Please where are...guess you have been busy please update us.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2017
ogoplus:

Please where are...guess you have been busy please update us.

Our CocoaVillage Cooperative has been formed.

We are presently negotiating our first CocoaVillage Farmland.

D CocoaVillage farmland will be open to the public soon.

May God help us
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 3:58am On Sep 15, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/13/deforestation-ivory-coast-trees-chimpanzees-make-way-cocoa

Have u heard of *blood diamond* or *blood crude*

This is an example of *Blood cocoa* or *Blood chocolate*

D big chocolate companies are tearing Africa's rich rain forest apart to feed their chocolate factory.

Our *CocoaVillage* model will put a stop to all this
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by ogoplus: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2017
Newway2:

Our CocoaVillage Cooperative has been formed.

We are presently negotiating our first CocoaVillage Farmland.

D CocoaVillage farmland will be open to the public soon.

May God help us

Please how do I become a member of the CocoaVillage Cooperative.

Keep us posted.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2017
ogoplus:

Please how do I become a member of the CocoaVillage Cooperative.
Keep us posted.
Send me a WhatsApp msg
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:11am On Nov 18, 2017
Your Agribusiness Legacy

An agripreneur is not only known by his involvement and investment in agribusiness and agricultural industry but he leaves behind a great vision he can't achieve alone, an "uncompleted" business for generations after him to manage and increase in status but a career person leaves behind certificate and experience his children and generations after him can't use.

Choose Agribusiness,
Go for agriculture,
Invest in agribusiness today.

Daniel Ogunsola
Agribusiness strategy and Innovation
Shel-Elohim Ltd
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
*My CocoaVillage Vision*

*3 mgt options:*

1) Cluster farm, severally owned & severally managed by individual farm owners.

2) Cluster farms, severally owned & centrally managed by a farm mgt company.

3) Scattered farms, severally owned & severally managed by individual farm owners.

Each one of this option shall be managed by a *CocoaVillage* cooperative (with officials chosen from among themselves)

Every farmer in this cooperatives will undergo global GAP training with certification in cocoa production & management. Hence, our cocoa beans quality will be world's standard.

In the first too options, a centrally fermentation & eco friendly drying facility shall be built & managed by the cooperative.

In d 3rd option, a central, eco friendly drying facility shall be built managed by d cooperative.

*Benefits*
This will give us uniformly processed, highest grade/quality dried cocoa beans.

Our cocoa beans will command better price locally & internationally.

It will relaunch Nigeria back to major cocoa producing nations of the world.

The journey is not a 100m dash race. It is a marathon relay & we shall pass the baton to the next generation when we are old & gone.........hoping that they will be bold & daring enough to take it higher.

*CocoaMaster*
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 5:16am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by donk552(m): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Can cocoa grown in norther nigeria like Nasarawa state or Abuja
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2017
donk552:
Can cocoa grown in norther nigeria like Nasarawa & state or Abuja

No sir, the only northern state that I know grows cocoa is Adamawa & Taraba state probably because of it high altitude.

Cocoa does well in d humid tropical rain forest of SW, SE & SS. All northern states are in d savanna belt.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by donk552(m): 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Newway2:

No sir, the only northern state that I know grows cocoa is Adamawa probably because of it high altitude.

Cocoa does well in d humid tropical rain forest of SW, SE & SS. All northern states are in d savanna belt.
thank you for your reply. I just purchase 500hacter in Nasarawa state and 200hacter in Abuja, planning to go into commercial farm that's why i ask those question.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
donk552:
thank you for your reply. I just purchase 500hacter in Nasarawa state and 200hacter in Abuja, planning to go into commercial farm that's why i ask those question.

Which cash or tree crop do u want to plant in ds newly acquired farmland?

We can do ur farm set up for you.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 5:07am On Nov 23, 2017
*Adding value*

Do u know that 70% of d world's cocoa is produced in West Africa & is valued at less than $5 Billion.

Do u know that Chocolate, a mere by product of Cocoa is valued at over $120 billion.

We need to learn how to add value to our farm produce no matter how little.

We hv to come up with ways & strategy to tap into ds $120b chocolate industry.

D truth is that, unlike crude oil, there's no synthetic replacement or alternative for chocolate for now & in d immediate future.

Hence, our desire to go into cocoa farming at ds moment can only bring us great wealth if we do it well.

We hv taken d right step by coming together to form a cooperative.

I hope & pray we rcv divine guidance in moving forward.

May God help us.
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by shayma(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
Newway2:
*My CocoaVillage Vision*

*3 mgt options:*

1) Cluster farm, severally owned & severally managed by individual farm owners.

2) Cluster farms, severally owned & centrally managed by a farm mgt company.

3) Scattered farms, severally owned & severally managed by individual farm owners.

Each one of this option shall be managed by a *CocoaVillage* cooperative (with officials chosen from among themselves)

Every farmer in this cooperatives will undergo global GAP training with certification in cocoa production & management. Hence, our cocoa beans quality will be world's standard.

In the first too options, a centrally fermentation & eco friendly drying facility shall be built & managed by the cooperative.

In d 3rd option, a central, eco friendly drying facility shall be built managed by d cooperative.

*Benefits*
This will give us uniformly processed, highest grade/quality dried cocoa beans.

Our cocoa beans will command better price locally & internationally.

It will relaunch Nigeria back to major cocoa producing nations of the world.

The journey is not a 100m dash race. It is a marathon relay & we shall pass the baton to the next generation when we are old & gone.........hoping that they will be bold & daring enough to take it higher.

*CocoaMaster*

Pls how do i join you to become a member. 08062576539
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
shayma:

Pls how do i join you to become a member. 08062576539
Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 5:14am On Dec 03, 2017
*Beneficiation/Adding value*

How do we sell our chocolate to 300m (or more) Chinese in 10yrs from now?

D journey starts now in d numerous *CocoaVillages* & cocoa value chain which we will build.

D journey starts with all of us.

As I hv often said, d race/jouney is not a 100m dash, it is a marathon & wld be rough & bumpy.

D question is: *are we ready for the challenges & sacrifices that lay ahead?*
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Nickibeauty(f): 9:50am On Dec 10, 2017
your number pls
Re: Cocoa - The Guaranteed Pension : My Cocoa Story by Newway2(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2017
Nickibeauty:
your number pls
Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Goat Breeds For Farming In Nigeria / Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? / Harvest Of 10 Months Hybrid Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.