Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business (20492 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day / Why Companies Do Not Reveal Their Names On Job Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Tisham20(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
thank you
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Jonarinho(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
same shit different toilet. I pray you don't get frustrated as an ambitious entrepreneur.... challenges are inevitable everywhere you go.

3 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Bism(m): 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dont want to sound controversial. Most available jobs out there are meant for the ladies. They never find it hard to secure jobs like men do. The aforemention is grounded on the generational weakness men have for women. Go through the general workforce you will find that it is about 30% of ladies that do not have a job for either lack of beauty, not corporating to sexual advances, no connection, their cocoon not situated in urban centers and finally their unemployability status. I find it hard to see a lady without a job.

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by chidekings(m): 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
It is not as easy and simple as you think.... .
Self employed is one of the hardest job ever.no book can really cover what u will see.

But in all I wish u success.

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by martyns303(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
I pity you if you think u can live on the principles of that book in Nigeria. I have read that book 3 times, I even have the soft copy on my phone and IPad.

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by watchindelta(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
better undecided no time undecided
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by ismart: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:

I will never ever work for anyone in my life

Money is the easiest thing to make

Selling phone chargers can make you a millionaire if you know the game and you're smart

I don't know how someone would go work for anyone for 30k per month when there are many small businesses that can make you 50k in a week

I am almost done selling a product i bought for 35k, 25 pcs and making me 180k in return. Next is to buy 50 pcs and rinse again. I was hinted last night that someone wants 76pcs of the said product and if all goes well, I would be 300k richer when the deal is sealed and delivered. When you tell people they think you are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Suko110(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
Good for u bro , everyone is built for different tinz .

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by folahann(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
ismart:
I am almost done selling a product i bought for 35k, 25 pcs and making me 180k in return. Next is to buy 50 pcs and rinse again. I was hinted last night that someone wants 76pcs of the said product and if all goes well, I would be 300k richer when the deal is sealed and delivered. When you tell people they think you are talking nonsense.

God bless you. I love you so much. Some fools will think selling is for lowlife people, not knowing the people that sell make more money than salary earners.

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by ismart: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
martyns303:
I pity you if you think u can live on the principles of that book in Nigeria. I have read that book 3 times, I even have the soft copy on my phone and IPad.
The book is not for people like you. That book was what changed my life and thinking by accident in 2007. I say by accident because i hardly read books that takes the form of foreign novels. My friend brought it to our room and the title caught my attention. I decided to go through it with hope of flinging it after 10 seconds but that never happened until i finished reading it.. Just face your job and leave people who can make use of it.

7 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Addicted2Women: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
ismart:

That's what people don't know

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by tochi8888(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
ismart:
what's this business..... you want to share?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Quinn22(f): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
And if you don't have money to open your own business nko? What next?

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by DeltaBachelor(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hi bro, please i need the books, particularly the soft copy. My email is Deltabachelor@gmail.com. Tnx bro
eezeribe:
I am happy that Robert Kiyosaki has inspired you...
I will choose financial intelligence over intelligence quotient,any day,any time.
If you need more of his books(15 in number),Holla at me(free of charge).

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by folahann(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
ismart:
The book is not for people like you. That book was what changed my life and thinking by accident in 2007. I say by accident because i hardly read books that takes the form of foreign novels. My friend brought it to our room and the title caught my attention. I decided to go through it with hope of flinging it after 10 seconds but that never happened until i finished reading it.. Just face your job and leave people who can make use of it.

You're just too wonderful. Your answer is so on point.

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by abdo123: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nice one bro. I share in almost everything​ u av gone through, starting from the course study to the getting a job of 1500 naira but in my case is not a restaurant (a computer training center). Right now am considering establishing mine. Am tire of modern day slavery. Please this is my email address: peeluv01@gmail.com. I will like to us to av more talk. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Ganjafama(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Selling phone chargers can make you a millionaire if you know the game and you're smart

I don't know how someone would go work for anyone for 30k per month when there are many small businesses that can make you 50k in a week

This is one biz that has always been on my radar.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by leyemok(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:
I will choose financial intelligence over intelligence quotient,any day,any time.
Bros , I use God beg u, send me ALL his books!
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by emmyhumble(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Really nice piece...
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by ajbabs(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:
Pls, my guy kindly help forward it to my email:
biz4babafemi@gmail.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by folahann(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Quinn22:
And if you don't have money to open your own business nko? What next?

Keep lying to yourselves. Keep giving that lame excuse.
If it were to be a Ponzi that promises 50% ROI, you will source the money by all means.

4 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by nams77: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:

I started with selling 200 naira ropes, how many people will stop so low by selling ordinary rope ?? That rope me a millionaire

Care to share more ideas?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by ocografixdon: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
nice one, every unemployed graduate need to sit down and think of the other way either by learning a skill that wil make people to require his services or start a small scale business that wil help him to overcome lack. To start small is not the issue, the issue is when one choose to remain small.

therefore think big so that your morale will be high

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by cameroncucumber(m): 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:
Abeg, i need them
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Bbnty(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:

Thanks for the offer to help. Please I need them. How can I get it?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by kuchikau1: 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
sex is womens greatest weapon against men. Do u no dat if a gal decide to kill a man, it already done. My brother, every i see guy doing all sort of tin just to gain a gals love, they follow tis gals like sheep witout a shephered, making dis gals feel like queen elizabeth. See hw undaage gals no longer have respect for adults,simply because dey are ben beged and chase by idiot who call demselves guys/men. I came to hate gals wen i knew about d chemistry of their menstral process and hw dey have enslaved men. Imagine a guy tinks hw to bed a gal just merely looking at her and these gals has taking adventage of this to manupulate men, kill great men, destroy d future of young guys.

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by COdeGenesis: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
everybody cannot be an entrepreneur, management and decision making requires alot of skills, patience and hardwork. I remember when I finished service I didn't get a job for 6months, I ventured in teaching in a primary school and organized private lessons. I did that for 1year, It got to a point I almost gave up on myself and God, but God had plans for me, I started as an intern in a firm, the firm retained me but I got a better offer twice my salary. Don't give up, work on yourself. Entrepreneurship isn't something that just works immediately. However, it pays
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by golor566: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:

Bros i need. I am true reading "rich dad, poor dad". H3lp me please.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by OlaoluJGD(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
eezeribe:

please I need his book, how do I get one free?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Quinn22(f): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
cheesy grin Alright! You got me smiley
folahann:

Keep lying to yourselves. Keep giving that lame excuse.
If it were to be a Ponzi that promises 50% ROI, you will source the money by all means.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by RealityShot: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
PLEASE OP..
DONT FORGET TO READ THE OTHER BOOK from Robert Kiyosaki...
its called: BEFORE you QUIT your JOB.

understand this: You need capital to start even shoe cobbler business.
so you should look for capital first. thats why you must work first at any where no matter how small the pay..
as long as you can save something..
(the other option is to beg for capital or render services that require Zero capital)
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by jconsulting(f): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Guy, is a good step you have taken but you need to read a lot of business start up books. With God on your side you will make it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rite Foods / Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / Jobs/Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.