Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business (20450 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day / Why Companies Do Not Reveal Their Names On Job Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by vision202020: 12:11am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
I am happy that Robert Kiyosaki has inspired you...
I will choose financial intelligence over intelligence quotient,any day,any time.
If you need more of his books(15 in number),Holla at me(free of charge).
Please. I need this books

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Maxcollins042(m): 12:26am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
I will choose financial intelligence over intelligence quotient,any day,any time.
Please I need more of his books. How can I get hold of one?

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by redcliff: 1:13am On Apr 24, 2017
liamokoli:

That was a nice write up and every detail was necessary Take it or you leave it.

Well for you.. not me
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Smartlife(m): 1:30am On Apr 24, 2017
Student125:
After submitting few applications and no invites, and also considering the number of graduate released every year, I concluded within me that the way forward is being self employed.
I asked myself, what can I do.. on reflection I realized I use to love drawing which triggered my decision to go to art class in the begging of SS1 but I considered science cuz I know I can still express my drawing skill there.
I also remembered my interest in computer, phone especially configurations for free browsing pushed me to apply for computer science but was given an option to study agriculture which I accepted cuz I dnt wanna waste that admission year.
I tried graduating well few point below first class and hoping to get job. no job is coming, my little savings from services is going down, I can't continue to demand for cash to maintain my self and as the first born with jnr once, I gat to take some responsibilities.
Then I started playing with coreldraw, after a while I started looking for tutorials both online(YouTube) and offline with lots of practices. I started getting little job from friends who later introduced me to people cuz of how satisfied they are with my attempt.
Today I am proud to call myself a graphics designer. I always look out to satisfy my customers.
In all, I am happy I started then but still have a regret, I didn't start earlier. Wish myself luck.

My brother... No time is late. You hear
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by 360command: 2:29am On Apr 24, 2017
Nairaland needs to encourage more of such business startup threads to front page so as people can have ideas on what they plan to do.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by jinka(m): 3:45am On Apr 24, 2017
martyns303:
I pity you if you think u can live on the principles of that book in Nigeria. I have read that book 3 times, I even have the soft copy on my phone and IPad.

pls can u send me d soft copy of the book
frankjan2001@gmail.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by jinka(m): 3:53am On Apr 24, 2017
I am a fresh graduate that just finished nysc last 2 weeks and I have been searching for job without wasting any time. but after reading this little piece, I am having rethink on how I can even start up a business of my own. I don't even have up to 20k with me right now, I really need advice on how to go about it. I know I can run a business centre or a cafe
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by spaggyy(m): 5:45am On Apr 24, 2017
Shakitibob0:
let's be friends..can we?
sure, life is love
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by KUDZ(m): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2017
TEACHERS URGENTLY NEEDED AT NaMaYa NIGERIA

Our client, NaMaYa Nigeria requires urgently the services of suitably qualified teachers with ICT Skills.

Teachers are needed in various capacities:

-Mathematics
-English
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Biology

EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years teaching experience

SALARY:Very Attractive.

For more information on application, visit:

http://teacharact.com.ng/job/teachers-needed-at-namaya-nigeria/

--------------------------
Hint:This is a verified job, so please apply using our Submit Resume button on the website. This would send your applications directly to the employer.

Teacharact NG
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by martyns303(m): 7:19am On Apr 24, 2017
ismart:

In that book, you will read somewhere he said if you do opposite of what others are doing, you will rake more money.

I and my friend heard about a particular niche that was making people money last year and we dived it lie idiots with herdsmen mentality, following crowd and what happened? we lost money due to bastardized niche and competition. This year again, we made same mistake... mind you, it is pretty easy to forget what you have read.

So after losing money, being battered left and right, my friend gave up but I told him I am not giving up. I then recalled what Kiyosaki said and stopped following the crowd to do what they do.

I had to start searching for niches that most Nigerians aren't looking, I gauge the demand, their( customers) emotional response and much more.... this is a niche others are not exploiting at the moment less crowded and boom I have my phone ringing through the roof. Yesterday I delivered 10 products. Tomorrow will be another 10 and that is 20 gone out of 25 pcs that I bought to TEST if what I had learned was right.

I will be left with just 5 soonest.

It is not likely that I will respond to you after this because educating a negative and closed mind is not something I enjoy doing.

What a compulsive liar. What products? If you indeed have such hot cake products, won't u mention it here on NL? Am sure it would be a good place to advertise your product. I'll wait while you prepare a cover up lie.

Do you the millions of that book that was sold? And the billions of people that must have read it? If the principles of that book is so practical do you know the number of millionaires that would have been made? Robert simply put together a few motivational stories and phrases, sold it to gullible people like you and made himself richer.

Now listen to me, the secret to success is not written on the pages of any book, success comes by your ideas, hardwork, determination and eyes for opportunities. But are you willing to bleed through your eyes for your dreams? The answer is NO, because your full of sh!t.

The only thing you can take home on that book is written towards the end of the book. It says, if you want a smile, smile at people, you receive what you give. If you give, you will receive. It's more practical. I used to be of the opinion that rich people don't get rich by giving away money. But that last pages of that book changed my mindset.

Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by bravesoul247(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
Good morning Ogam. Biko, can I also get the books as well? It'll be a nice if I also get some copies too. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by ismart: 7:43am On Apr 24, 2017
martyns303:

What a compulsive liar. What products? If you indeed have such hot cake products, won't u mention it here on NL? Am sure it would be a good place to advertise your product. I'll wait while you prepare a cover up lie.

Do you the millions of that book that was sold? And the billions of people that must have read it? If the principles of that book is so practical do you know the number of millionaires that would have been made? Robert simply put together a few motivational stories and phrases, sold it to gullible people like you and made himself richer.

Now listen to me, the secret to success is not written on the pages of any book, success comes by your ideas, hardwork, determination and eyes for opportunities. But are you willing to bleed through your eyes for your dreams? The answer is NO, because your full of sh!t.

The only thing you can take home on that book is written towards the end of the book. It says, if you want a smile, smile at people, you receive what you give. If you give, you will receive. It's more practical. I used to be of the opinion that rich people don't get rich by giving away money. But that last pages of that book changed my mindset.

Bye.
k
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by olaztek(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2017
There is a smarter approach to make money .
Instead of focusing on trying to make more money, put your time and energy into CREATING and DELIVERING real value. Find a way to give people what they want and/or need.
Take note that the keywords here are CREATE and DELIVER.

Creating value means expressing your unique talents and skills in a way that can potentially benefit others.
Delivering value means ensuring that other people are actually receiving and benefiting from the value you’ve created.
If you don’t do both in some fashion, then it’s going to be hard for you to generate sustainable income, especially during a recession. I’ll explain why.
If you only create value but don’t deliver it, then your value isn’t being received by anyone. So how can you receive value (such as money) in return?
I see this problem a lot with creative types such as would-be artists, musicians, and writers. They may spend lots of time honing their craft, but if they don’t actually get that value into the hands of sufficient numbers of people, they struggle financially, and this hurts them creatively too.

1 Like

Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Malayy(m): 8:31am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
bro, i need the poor dad, rich dad.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Yunqtinq: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2017
Are you looking for a land,finished house,house for leasing that suits your taste and guarantees you maximum comfortability/satisfaction all at affordable prices.Look no further,in real estate and land consultancy we are here to ease your stress and connect you to just what you desire.
Kindly comment your location and the location of where you want your land/house or call 08182855779 for more enquiries
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2017
beautiful232:
Good luck
Wen will u change dis ur dp?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 8:57am On Apr 24, 2017
martyns303:
I pity you if you think u can live on the principles of that book in Nigeria. I have read that book 3 times, I even have the soft copy on my phone and IPad.
hahahaha

wat do u mean?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 8:59am On Apr 24, 2017
ismart:
I am almost done selling a product i bought for 35k, 25 pcs and making me 180k in return. Next is to buy 50 pcs and rinse again. I was hinted last night that someone wants 76pcs of the said product and if all goes well, I would be 300k richer when the deal is sealed and delivered. When you tell people they think you are talking nonsense.
wetin u dey sell bros,I won buy
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 9:05am On Apr 24, 2017
kuchikau1:
sex is womens greatest weapon against men. Do u no dat if a gal decide to kill a man, it already done. My brother, every i see guy doing all sort of tin just to gain a gals love, they follow tis gals like sheep witout a shephered, making dis gals feel like queen elizabeth. See hw undaage gals no longer have respect for adults,simply because dey are ben beged and chase by idiot who call demselves guys/men. I came to hate gals wen i knew about d chemistry of their menstral process and hw dey have enslaved men. Imagine a guy tinks hw to bed a gal just merely looking at her and these gals has taking adventage of this to manupulate men, kill great men, destroy d future of young guys.
Abeg leav women matter,it started from Adam.

Focus on d topic: Money!Money!!Money!!!

Even women can't resist d influence of money.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2017
COdeGenesis:
everybody cannot be an entrepreneur, management and decision making requires alot of skills, patience and hardwork. I remember when I finished service I didn't get a job for 6months, I ventured in teaching in a primary school and organized private lessons. I did that for 1year, It got to a point I almost gave up on myself and God, but God had plans for me, I started as an intern in a firm, the firm retained me but I got a better offer twice my salary. Don't give up, work on yourself. Entrepreneurship isn't something that just works immediately. However, it pays
twice wat u receive as an intern in a firm is not enough.
u still nid an extra pay
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2017
RealityShot:
PLEASE OP..
DONT FORGET TO READ THE OTHER BOOK from Robert Kiyosaki...
its called: BEFORE you QUIT your JOB.

understand this: You need capital to start even shoe cobbler business.
so you should look for capital first. thats why you must work first at any where no matter how small the pay..
as long as you can save something..
(the other option is to beg for capital or render services that require Zero capital)
datz for he who has one. OP had non.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by JMAQ(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
please send it,nwaisienyi@gmail.com thanks
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by millionboi(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2017
Yunqtinq:
Are you looking for a land,finished house,house for leasing that suits your taste and guarantees you maximum comfortability/satisfaction all at affordable prices.Look no further,in real estate and land consultancy we are here to ease your stress and connect you to just what you desire.
Kindly comment your location and the location of where you want your land/house or call 08182855779 for more enquiries
Abuja
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by profdotcom: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
pls help me with the books...... Thanks bro .... ogidejohn@gmail.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by olisaemeka1(m): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
please how can I get his books ....okoyeolisaemeka@yahoo.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 24, 2017
tochi8888:
I intend to go into........ pls let's chat on KIK messenger.... my username Tochi44.... thanks

I don't use kik, how about whatsapp?
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by wroskian(m): 9:48am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Sent you a PM Bro.
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by idowuolusola92: 10:04am On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:

pls I need dem. send dem to my email
idowuolusola92@gmail.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by MissOpe(f): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:

Please I need the e books
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by lightdream: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
eezeribe:
Help a brother : lightdream633@gmail.com
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by henrixx(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:

I will never ever work for anyone in my life

Money is the easiest thing to make

Selling phone chargers can make you a millionaire if you know the game and you're smart

I don't know how someone would go work for anyone for 30k per month when there are many small businesses that can make you 50k in a week

I started with selling 200 naira ropes, how many people will stop so low by selling ordinary rope ?? That rope me a millionaire

gee ...I need to know something bout this charger stuff. how do we communicate
Re: Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business by henrixx(m): 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
ismart:
I am almost done selling a product i bought for 35k, 25 pcs and making me 180k in return. Next is to buy 50 pcs and rinse again. I was hinted last night that someone wants 76pcs of the said product and if all goes well, I would be 300k richer when the deal is sealed and delivered. When you tell people they think you are talking nonsense.
guy wats this thing? I'm looking for some business to invest in

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aero Contractors Customer Service Agents: Port-Harcourt And Abuja / 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview / Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.