Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Don't End Like He Did - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't End Like He Did (342 Views)

O God Turn Things Around. Let This Month Not End Like Last Month. Psalm 126. / Don't End Up Like King Solomon! / Worries Don't End On Their Own. You.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't End Like He Did by Emyres: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
I WEEP FOR JOAB

Reading the bible as a little boy especially the old testament books of 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings, and 1&2 Chronicles, I fell in love with Joab, the General Commander of King David's army. I loved him for his courage, war strategies, and subtleness.
He was in my world, a great warrior. He was my childhood hero. Starting from being the first man to enter Jerusalem and defeated the Jebusites, to fighting the Philistines, and destroying every opposition to the throne of King David. I saw him as a committed and loyal soldier who stayed by his master, but today, I weep for him.

Upon all the accomplishments of Joab, his was not recorded among the mighty men of David. His name was not written in the book of men of valour. Surprisingly his younger brothers, Abishai and Asahel, including Uriah ( Whom he orchestrated his death on David's instruction) made the list. But alas! This "great warrior" never made the list. His death was also a foolish death. And I cry, " Died Joab as a fool dies"

Are many of us not like Joab. Very religious and so serious with church activity. We are the beloved of everyone. We are skillful, we are dedicated, we are committed, we are loyal. Everybody can testify that we are serving the Lord, We might even be in a leadership position like Joab. But alas, on that final day, our name is not found in the book of life?

Are we going to work ourselves out, only to later die as a fool?
It will not be our portion.
It takes genuine repentance and conversion from sin, and doing the necessary restitution, to have our name written in the Lamb's book of life.

DO NOT BE ANOTHER JOAB !
Re: Don't End Like He Did by HCpaul(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Please OP what was the original cause of the war??
Fighting is not a good thing o.
Next please
Re: Don't End Like He Did by Emyres: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2017
HCpaul:
Please OP what was the original cause of the war??

Fighting is not a good thing o.

Next please
The people of Israel were always at war with their neighbours just as you can still see today.

(1) (Reply)

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Truth About Your Pastor / 'paganism' And 'atheism' Are Two Different Things / Ranking Of True Islamic Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.