Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,029 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Christmas And Easter Are Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas And Easter Are Evil (420 Views)

Why Is The Easter Egg And Easter Bunny Not Recognized In Africa. / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Questions And Answers On Good Friday And Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas And Easter Are Evil by intrepid: 1:39am On Apr 24, 2017
I started reading and developed huge interest in books when I was in primary school. I would climb some branched trees where I could relax near nature and away from home to fill my mind with whatever ideas the author was passing across. The calmness, the unique sounds of the wind forcing its way through the leaves and the sounds and behaviors of the births were all amazing. Sometimes too, as one was suspended on there, you could see some sights of human activities that you wouldn’t tell anyone.

And so, from that early age I read a lot about the issues of Christmas, Easter, New Year, and many other celebrations. I also read some people claiming that celebration of human birthday was wrong and all these disturbed my young mind. I wanted to know the truth, so I kept searching.

I believe that I found it as I realized that many sons of men actually could interprete the bible anyway they liked as long as it suited their purposes. They could claim to be prophets, seers, apostle or whatever and no matter how obviously wrong or even cruel and Un-Christlike, they MUST still have followers. The Branch Davidans (David Koresh) , Jim Jones(Jonestown mass suicide),Rev.King , etc are a good illustration.
You remember them?

If you do not know about them, you can check Google. It’s an interesting read about how the human mind could be manipulated. Back at home here, some African pastors (you know or read about some of them) are in a horrible category of their own. Some can compete with the demons in taking evil to never known dimensions. But are these really pastors (Shepherds)?

No.

Now, back to why you should not celebrate Christmas and Easter if you are a ‘True Christian”. They say that both have pagan roots hence are wrong. Is this assertion correct?

September 11 is a day the world would never forget. Thousands of people died at the WTC after one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in the USA. But it’s also true that some people were born on same day, some got married same day, others achieved certain life changing feats same day and many other happy events happened in peoples’ lives same September 11 2001. And they celebrate their events on September 11 each year but, they are not celebrating the WTC incident.

Did you also know that all the days of the week were named after some Roman gods?

Yes,from Monday to Sunday are all named after some pagan gods. The name Monday comes from the Anglo-Saxon monandaeg, "the moon's day". This second day was sacred to the goddess of the moon. Tuesday was named after the Norse god Tyr. The Romans named this day after their war-god Mars: dies Martis.

The name Sunday comes from the Latin dies solis, meaning "sun's day": the name of a pagan Roman holiday. It is also called Dominica (Latin), the Day of God. The Romance languages, languages derived from the ancient Latin language (such as French, Spanish, and Italian), retain the root.
Now, the common sense question is, do you think or link any activities you engage in on any of these days to any pagan god?

No.

Do you honor these gods because you “pronounce” their days , go to work,school,and even church activities on the days of the pagan gods?
Again,NO.

I saw a lot of pictures and articles circulating on whatsapp and facebook during the Christmas and Easter by some people who still hold this view that Christmas and Easter have pagan origins and should not be celebrated by Christians. But just like I said above, does anyone even think of their origins during these times? Jesus, whose birth and death we celebrate on these days is greater than any god (gods don’t even exist. Or do they?).

Jesus is the creator of the days and the times. He is eternal and does not dwell in time. JESUS(God) lives in eternity, but we humans live in time. I wish you could check the difference.

If you actually believe that Jesus is the owner and maker of the universe and everything in it, why shouldn’t He take over the days and the times instead of ascribing them to certain Roman gods which you believe do not exist? You claim Christmas is a celebration of the Sun god.
Who do you believe in-The Roman sun god or Lord Jesus the “Sun of Righteousness…” Mal.4:2 . In Psalm 84:11, you are told that “The Lord God is a Sun and a shield….”. So, I want to ask if you still believe that the dead roman god is more important than the creator who owns all the days.

I think, what is really wrong is for any Christian to bring to their minds or, connects any day to any pagan god because in the first place you should not recognize what you know to be fake. Wouldn’t that be the actual sin?
Just trying to reason, though.

Meanwhile, I couldn’t actually determine if the ancient clock on the bell tower in my church still functioned or not. Please take a look at that picture and see if that clock still works. (Wink)

We are still in the spirit of Easter (The Resurrection).
Do have a nice week.

(1) (Reply)

Asian Kung-fu Monk Got His Head Drilled On Live Camera (magic Or Not) / I Am Not Backing Out - Stephanie Otobo / Jesus Did Not Die For Us. He Killed Himself - Twitter User Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.