Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,154 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

What Happens When You Are Baptized In Jesus' Name? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When You Are Baptized In Jesus' Name? (353 Views)

Book Of Romans (We are baptized to produce fruit or good deed for GOD) / 94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When You Are Baptized In Jesus' Name? by ministerk(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2017
Baptism Saves! Yes it does!

Today I witnessed the power of God's spiritual kingdom upon this lady... Without a doubt, she experienced Pentecost. She received the Promise - ‘And it shall be in the last days,’ God says, ‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind’ (Acts 2:17). She’d been attending Sunday School for a few weeks now and last Tuesday, decided she wanted to be baptized. We were so excited for her. God is moving upon the hearts of the people of this island. So, here we are. Today was her BIG day. You could sense the anticipation of a blessing in her spirit. She was hungry. She wanted God. I saw her on Wednesday night at the annual convention, she told me she couldn’t wait!!
It wasn’t long after she was “immersed” into the water that she came up stuttering…she began to worship God…the intensity of her worship increased…and then…she began to SPEAK IN TONGUES!! Just like on the day of Pentecost.

The Day of Pentecost

Acts 2 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.

Keeping in mind the significance of the moment, I thought I would pen my thoughts on Baptism. What happens when a person gets baptized? Well, Baptism now saves! The Apostle Peter describes it this way: “Baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ”. Baptism takes care of the legal problem of guilt for sin. It satisfies the penalty. Through the process of Baptism, the Holy Spirit regenerates the sin sick heart, taking away the guilt through the power of the blood. Peter in responding to the group of people who were confronted with the Gospel who asked the question “What shall we do?”, said to them “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).
REPENT > The turning away from
BE BAPTIZED > An outward act of receiving God’s grace for the forgiveness of sins

Please continue reading on my blog: http://theway-church..com/2017/04/this-lady-was-baptized-today-what-is.html
Blessings!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Fast Becoming A Global Leader / Pope Angered By Ahiara Church Crisis, Gives Directives With Sanction / Popular Nigerian Prophet Storms Capernaum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.