Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:23 AM

"Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah (15364 Views)

First Nigerian-Made Ventilator To Be Unveiled By Ogbonnaya Onu, Today / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events? / Ogbonnaya Onu Asked To Give Account As Ex-Minister Of Science & Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Nnamdionu1: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2017
ABUJA—Former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Obong Victor Attah, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF.

President Buhari had last week suspended the current SGF, Babachir Lawal for 14 days pending the report of a three-man administrative panel of inquiry he set up to investigate the SGF over allegations of abuse of office levelled against him by the Senate.
Attah said the All Progressives Congress, APC, as an amalgam of different parties, has to catre for the interests of its component units.
Adding that while the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, produced the president, the Action Congress of Nigeria ACN, the vice president, the new Peoples Democratic Party, nPDP, the National Assembly leadership, only the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, has not been adequately represented.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Engineer David Babachir Lawal,
He said: “The APC is made up of the defunct ACN, ANPP, CPC, and later the New PDP. The CPC produced the president, The APC Leader, Asiwaju Tinubu, nominated someone as the vice president, those from the PDP control the National Assembly and I had always thought that the ANPP should produce the SGF and that person is Ogbonnaya Onu, their leader who is a man of integrity and has a lot of experience as a former governor, party leader and a minister.
“So, I was quite surprised that he did not get it in the first place, unless he says he does not want it, then they can nominate another person from the ANPP bloc, but still from the South East.”he said.

The former governor also faulted the decision of the senate to reject the nomination of Mr Ibrahim Magu as the substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, accusing the senators of trying to frustrate the anti-corruption fight of the present administration.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/replace-babachir-onu-ex-gov-attah-urges-buhari/amp/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by sarrki(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2017
It's zoning things

It's NE slot

They voted massively for this government

Though onus nit a bad idea

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Aufbauh(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2017
Dr. Onu's credential is sound for the post of SGF.
It should not be because of any parochial considerations but because he is a reputable intellectual.

17 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Chikelue2000(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2017
Igbo man? I just wish we r free from this government

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by sarrki(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Igbo man? I just wish we r free from this government

Why personalized it?

2 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by babyfaceafrica: 11:39am On Apr 24, 2017
It is politics..no sentiments and tribe.People have to realize ,you get certain things if you work towards it,not that someone will dash you...kolewerk!!

4 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Aromas: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:

Why personalized it?
No mind that guy

4 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Amarabae(f): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:
It's zoning things

It's NE slot

so its now a zoning thing and not by merit according to you.
you now love zoning so that it will favour the NE,but when SE is denied a key,you start claiming merit.
hypocrisy can never develop a country.

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by ChimaAdeoye: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
We hope those asking for Onu are doing so because he is their friends and not because he is Igbo.

Let Buhari keep his appointments to his Fulani kindred. Igbo will survive without Buhari's dirty appointments.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by helinues: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
Why not fresh blood .. This old politicians self..

1 Like

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Chikelue2000(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:

Why personalized it?

Cos I am Igbo, I hate. hypocrisy n pretence, a true enigma of ur tribe

7 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by darocha1: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
The man made some sense but I fear of the cabal called "presidency" will allow someone like Onu in their midst.

2 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by SageTravels: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
The Position really suits him. He was the leader of ANPP and he is from SE too.

So that we will have president North, VP South West and Sec For SE
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by whitering: 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Say wetin happened?
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by BarryX(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Replace who really and which presidency will do that? I somehow feel this presidency will recall SGF at the end of the day.

All these bobo will unravel

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by femi4: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Amarabae:

so its now a zoning thing and not by merit according to you.
you now love zoning so that it will favour the NE,but when SE is denied a key,you start claiming merit.
hypocrisy can never develop a country.
That's what the constitution says. Its zoning tinz. The slot belong to the NE
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Greatigbos(f): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:
It's zoning things

It's NE slot

u are more dan a hypocrites

quote me and thunder fire u

14 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Tazdroid(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
hm

1 Like

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by SalamRushdie: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
Buhari the ethnician will never appoint an Igbo man as SGF so stop wasting your time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
The names are so familiar even my unborn children will still meet them when they get to my age.

My Grandparents - 1960's till date (Buhari, Obasanjo, Babangida etc)
My parents - 1960's till date (Buhari, Obasanjo, Babangida etc)
Me - 1980's till Date (Buhari, Obasanjo, Babangida etc)

Please who else is tired of all this funny business?

22 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by peter0071(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... short of laughter...
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Tazdroid(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Aufbauh:
Dr. Onu's credential is sound for the post of SGF.
It should not be because of any parochial considerations but because he is a reputable intellectual.

Perhaps....but things rarely work out that way in this country
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Tazdroid(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Greatigbos:

u are more dan a hypocrites

quote me and thunder fire u

AHHH??!! i must quote u o! Make d thunder fire me grin

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by UnknownT: 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
ONSHORE/OFFSHORE OIL DICHOTOMY
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by rozayx5(m): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
does ogbonnaya sound like fulani to you?

undecided

6 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by bukynkwuenu: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
their is no Alhaji in his name

so the gworo man....won't look towards that direction

5 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Starships4u(m): 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
POLITICS...... NT FOR ME.....
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by JideAmuGiaka: 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:
It's zoning things
It's NE slot

It is not good to swallow the smoke.

1 Like

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Tazdroid(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
unclezuma:
The names are so familiar even my unborn children will still meet them when they get to my age.

2 Likes

Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
Speak for yourself Attah..as if he wont take the post if they dash him
Re: "Ogbonnaya Onu Should Be Made SGF" - Victor Attah by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
What? Sorry Mr ex-gov but it is not in your position to decide. Dr Onu is a fine gentleman though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dave Umahi: IPOB Can’t Speak For Igbo People / Northern Groups Want Abba Kyari’s Suspension Reviewed / Dele Sobowale: Atiku Will Win Most Nigeria's Disputed Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.