Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Writing A Cover Letter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Writing A Cover Letter (2210 Views)

What Is The Difference Between a Cover Letter And an Application Letter? / What Is The Difference Between A Resume And A Cover Letter? / Dos And Don’ts Of Writing A Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing A Cover Letter by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
Do you need to write a cover letter to apply for a job? In most cases, the answer is yes. Your cover letter may make the difference between obtaining a job interview or having your resume ignored, so it makes good sense to devote the necessary time and effort to writing effective cover letters. Remember: You're selling yourself in a resume and a cover letter, but the employer has to want to buy.

The basic elements of a cover letter
1. Greeting: Address your cover letter to the proper person.
2. Opening: Write a personable, inviting opening paragraph that highlights how your skills are a perfect fit to the job.
3. Hook: Highlight your past achievements as they relate to the job you're applying for.
4. Skills: Highlight additional relevant skills, such as computer languages or certifications.
5. Close: Briefly recap your strengths as a candidate, and include your contact information.

Sell yourself! Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts
And we've got you covered as well if you're looking for a cover letter for a specific company.

You can contact me via franklinanigbo@gmail.com OR CALL 0.8.0.8.5.6.6.3.4.6.2 for a cover letter review in any field.

You can Order our CV / cover letter rewrite service today at a cheap fee.
4icHub Writers

Below is a format of a cover letter that will guide you.
Acme Inc.
123 Corporate Blvd.
Sometown, Lagos
Re: Customer Service Representative Opening
Dear Ms. West:
I was excited to see your opening for a customer service rep, and I hope to be invited for an interview.
My background includes serving as a customer service associate within both call-center and retail environments. Most recently, I worked on the customer service desk for Discount-Mart, where my responsibilities included handling customer merchandise returns, issuing refunds/store credits, flagging damaged merchandise for shipment back to vendors and providing back-up cashiering during busy periods.
Previously, I worked within two high-volume customer-support call centers for a major telecommunications carrier and a satellite television services provider. In these positions, I demonstrated the ability to resolve a variety of issues and complaints (such as billing disputes, service interruptions or cutoffs, repair technician delays/no-shows and equipment malfunctions). I consistently met my call-volume goals, handling an average of 56 to 60 calls per day.
In addition to this experience, I gained considerable customer service skills during my part-time employment as a waitress and restaurant hostess while in high school.
I also bring to the table strong computer proficiencies in MS Word, MS Excel and CRM database applications and a year of college (business major). Please see the accompanying resume for details of my experience and education.
I am confident that I can offer you the customer service, communication and problem-solving skills you are seeking. Feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 (home) or 555-555-5500 (cell) to arrange an interview. Thank you for your time—I look forward to learning more about this opportunity!
Sincerely,

Uche Jumbo
Enclosure: Resume
Re: Writing A Cover Letter by generalbush(m): 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
listen. there are few jobs with thousands of candidates to compete with. But there is a sector that jobs are more than the candidates available, that is

IT

Having an IT skill puts you in a position of advantage, and you don't need to apply for long and short interviews before they grant you a job.

Check out http://topwritersden.com/top-5-skills-in-nigeria-in-2017/ and see for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Writing A Cover Letter by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
Feel free to request for a cover letter relating to your field and the job sourced, we will provide that for you.

1 Like

Re: Writing A Cover Letter by Elbizzcklinz(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
generalbush:
listen. there are few jobs with thousands of candidates to compete with. But there is a sector that jobs are more than the candidates available, that is

IT

Having an IT skill puts you in a position of advantage, and you don't need to apply for long and short interviews before they grant you a job.

Check out http://topwritersden.com/top-5-skills-in-nigeria-in-2017/ and see for yourself!
Yeah, having an IT skill gives you an edge, but how the employer know if not through your cv and cover letter. Cover letter is important to show the job you are applying for and also to sell yourself.

(1) (Reply)

If You Stay In Lagos And Desperately In Need Of A Job Get In HERE / Federal Government Grant And Loans 2019 Application Form Is Out For Entrepreneur / Join Telegram Groups For Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.