Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,638 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour (30537 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by CarlosTheJackal: 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Well, I'm in Enugu, if that ends your misery. There is a big difference between being introverted and claiming to be an animal in the name of a Lion just because I want to make a point.

Just so you know, I had a medical correction
recently and took a medical leave which I didn't enjoy and ended up losing sleep. That you still live with your parents does not imply you shouldn't reason to figure that the noisy, annoying neighbour could be useful when the time comes, as such, I don't need to war with him.

I would indulge you and your other minions, but it won't be on this thread, trust me.
Go back and do a medical correction on your bigotry and tribal hate you spew here daily.

I left my parents house when you were stil in your diapers and i handle my shits without bringing a private matter to Nairaland.

Go and face your neighbour and stop being a sisi. I'm vocal online and offline so keep quiet
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
iyke926:
First of all, we Africans are very boisterous human species. I personally hate noisy environments because I'm an introverted nigga. But that doesn't mean I take people's bull crap.

How about playing some loud hardcore rock music let's say around 1am - 3am Or by 5-6am for just a week. Do it when you know he wants to rest.

This Naija saying "Pikin wey say ehn mama no go rest, dat pikin no go rest." also describes the kind of person that I am.
Lol... This would complicate issues, I believe, as I would suffer others, rather than pay him back in return. Thanks though.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
prettyboi1989:
M sure the guy is a muslim, those guys dont have any regard for serenity as they love playing fvcked up fuji songs at the top volume as if they are the only ones in the community
Religion bigot!
Must u show your stupidity here too
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by chloride6: 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ishilove:
Hmmmmm, Sanchez01, let all complainers call a meeting and invite the noisy young man. If that doesn't work go enmasse and report him to the landlord, threatening that y'all will quit his house if he doesn't intervene.

If this doesn't work, break his door down, seize his speakers and invite the police.

I kuku trust myself. Na to shey werey scatter every where

I know you are joking. Break down someone's door ke?

You will replace the missing 5 million grin

Even your landlord can't break your door down

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by lekezino(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
hallelujah

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol... This would complicate issues, I believe, as I would suffer others, rather than pay him back in return. Thanks though.
You are thinking about others that don't care about you undecided. When I was in camp, there was this dude that disturbs at night. One night, I decided to disturb everyone. I can't be having sleepless night while they sleep oo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sparkle777(f): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Am having similar problem here. My neighbour, an elderly responsible man recently started a fish pond. The odour is horrible. I dnt open the window for fresh air.
Let me repeat, the smell is choking. I told a friend of his, who made excuses ie that the smell doesn't get into his and my fish neighbour compound.
We re all owners of our houses, so packing out is not an option.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by chronique(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Alitair:
Pour salt or inside his gen or cut his power on good conduct.

If it works, thank me but if it turns out bad........
Well, life can be a bed of roses.

You are a wicked person to think about this. This is what my former tenant did, that almost scattered my gen and made me frustrate him out. How can humans conceive such a thing?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ExInferis(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
I believe my present situation won't come to many as new. Problem is, I have never experience such as this before and it is quite hard as to what technique and approach to adopt in tackling this issue. I would be going into details so that my plight can be clearly understood.

Just recently, two tenants moved into a newly built semi detached apartment in my compound, a room and parlour self contain, precisely. The one closest to my apartment is occupied by a young, single guy, most likely a transport company driver, while the other apartment is inhabited by a family of about five (5). Both folks moved in in January.

The problem
The said young guy does not seem to understand serenity. His music can be so loud that one could feel his heart beat to the baseline of the songs coming from his sound system. Annoyingly, he is not in any way restricted by time as he would max the volume of his sound system, lock his door and go out while his nose slowly sniff life out of everyone around. This has been going on for the past three months now and it is really taking its toll on me. I was at the hospital recently for a medical check up due to sleepless nights and lack of sleep on weekends.

I tend to shy away from trouble at the slightest opportunity. I'm also careful not to hurt anyone in any way. I once walked to his apartment to tell him about the noise but it hasn't done much really. The landlord lives within the compound too but rarely stays home.

Other tenants have started complaining about the noise but no one has done a thing about it. I have thought about several things I could do to get his attention but I'm not sure how they would leave him after I follow through:

1. I thought about inviting the landlord into this, but I fear it might be extreme as it would look like I have something against him other than this.
2. Take the legal route by asking the police to invite him for disturbance of public peace.
3. Plead and ask for a meeting with other tenants while we address this.

I'm at a loss here as I don't want to go to war with anyone.

Kill him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by joinnow: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just go to private hospital and let the doctor give you a report stating that ur your sleeplessness is as a result of too much noise pollution which might deteriorate to depression if the noise is not minimise.
Visit the closest police post and make your complain while presenting the doctors report. Drop some money. Undercover police will visit like twice to confirm your noisy neighbour is actually causing pubic peace disturbance.
If confirm they will invite him and warn him if he continues they will seize his home theatre.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by savictory2(m): 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
Op. You are a baaaad guy.... grin grin grin
Alitair:
Pour salt or inside his gen or cut his power on good conduct.

If it works, thank me but if it turns out bad........
Well, life can be a bed of roses.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Eco2580:

Religion bigot!
Must u show your stupidity here too
m not stupid but way intelligent than u are. i dont comment without reason, i have seen muslims with such behaviour and evn tonight another muslim was playing fuji songs so fvcking loud in a residential area at 11:00 pm, who d fvck does that? ur type of people i suppose.
u are so quick to shout religious bigot but too damn slow to figure out/ reflect on why this noisy behaviour is found among muslims
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by goldedprince: 12:04am On Apr 25, 2017
i didnt know naija still get gentlemen like OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by kwalakwala123(f): 12:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Carry his name to one alfa, baba lawo or Cele pastor and give them just 10k. Tell them your problem come home and b watching him. Wo na u go dey tell am aaah my neighbor sorry o. Useless man dem never teach am lessons na him make am no dey hia word. The guy no go pass ibgo man like that
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 25, 2017
So op is a gentleman after all, but that doesn't change the fact that you annoy me with those partial football analysis especially about my beloved barca that you hate....Somborri iz dealing with yuu ova dia, hehehehe
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by onunwa21(m): 12:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Report to NESREA, in ur location...Thank me leta
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Alausa ké? I'm more than a thousand miles away from Lagos.

If you don't live in Lagos or Abuja do not bother doing anything, simply make friends with him and may be discus the situation with him when you are a bit closer. Your safety is most important to us even if we don't knw you in person. Lagos and Abuja have better security in case he chooses to beat you for what ever action you take

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ajeyo(m): 12:57am On Apr 25, 2017
illiterate?,the only language they understand is force.Sorry,I am in a similar situation.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ajeyo(m): 1:05am On Apr 25, 2017
He seem to be a tout.God will chase him away for you.Omase oooó.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Bollinger(m): 1:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:
I believe my present situation won't come to many as new. Problem is, I have never experience such as this before and it is quite hard as to what technique and approach to adopt in tackling this issue. I would be going into details so that my plight can be clearly understood.

Just recently, two tenants moved into a newly built semi detached apartment in my compound, a room and parlour self contain, precisely. The one closest to my apartment is occupied by a young, single guy, most likely a transport company driver, while the other apartment is inhabited by a family of about five (5). Both folks moved in in January.

The problem
The said young guy does not seem to understand serenity. His music can be so loud that one could feel his heart beat to the baseline of the songs coming from his sound system. Annoyingly, he is not in any way restricted by time as he would max the volume of his sound system, lock his door and go out while his nose slowly sniff life out of everyone around. This has been going on for the past three months now and it is really taking its toll on me. I was at the hospital recently for a medical check up due to sleepless nights and lack of sleep on weekends.

I tend to shy away from trouble at the slightest opportunity. I'm also careful not to hurt anyone in any way. I once walked to his apartment to tell him about the noise but it hasn't done much really. The landlord lives within the compound too but rarely stays home.

Other tenants have started complaining about the noise but no one has done a thing about it. I have thought about several things I could do to get his attention but I'm not sure how they would leave him after I follow through:

1. I thought about inviting the landlord into this, but I fear it might be extreme as it would look like I have something against him other than this.
2. Take the legal route by asking the police to invite him for disturbance of public peace.

If this were in Germany, the guy would be in jail. But, since we are talking about Nigeria, do what Nigerians do best; drag him outside, call him a thief and set him on fire. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by 4X4: 1:56am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

The problem

WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE THAT YOUR NEIGHBOUR IS NOISY. YOU MAY JUST WANT TO TARNISH THE PERSON'S IMAGE BECAUSE HE'S NOT FRIENDLY WITH YOU. I BELIEVE IN GETTING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Crauxx:
Threaten him without words.

Leave a dead goats head with a letter on his door. Play with his mind angry

If he does not stop, switch off his light from the meter changeover.

Worst case, buy your own sound system. Fight fire with fire

Dead goat head at his door?? !!!...What if the op couldn't afford goat meat pepper soup and hasn't had one in the last five years??

The nuisance neighbour might be a commercial vehicle driver, mind you. He might have the head of a monkey or even something made from human parts on him, in his car or in his room and you suggested playing mind games with goat head of all things. He will just grab the thing and head towards the kitchen...Your loss.

Call a meeting of the tenants, get your landlord involved. Get police involved. He is a threat to your health and life. If you can't cos you are scared, look for another accommodation asap.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ashawopikin(m): 3:24am On Apr 25, 2017
noisy neigbour? that person is a man city fan
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by hardbody: 4:22am On Apr 25, 2017
kuchikau1:
sex is womens greatest weapon against men. Do u no dat if a gal decide to kill a man, it already done. My brother, every i see guy doing all sort of tin just to gain a gals love, they follow tis gals like sheep witout a shephered, making dis gals feel like queen elizabeth. See hw undaage gals no longer have respect for adults,simply because dey are ben beged and chase by idiot who call demselves guys/men. I came to hate gals wen i knew about d chemistry of their menstral process and hw dey have enslaved men. Imagine a guy tinks hw to bed a gal just merely looking at her and these gals has taking adventage of this to manupulate men, kill great men, destroy d future of young guys.

Kati kati wo lo nso

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by hardbody: 4:25am On Apr 25, 2017
You can get a perpetual restraining order against him from a court. However try all the peaceful options first. Once you approach the courts, be sure to take every care on your life, he will come after you for sure. Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by mejai(m): 4:30am On Apr 25, 2017
buy a gun and do d needful. simple!!!
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ated07: 4:48am On Apr 25, 2017
Get another apartment man... remember that one man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by repogirl(f): 5:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:
Hmmmmm, Sanchez01, let all complainers call a meeting and invite the noisy young man. If that doesn't work go enmasse and report him to the landlord, threatening that y'all will quit his house if he doesn't intervene.

If this doesn't work, break his door down, seize his speakers and invite the police.

I kuku trust myself. Na to shey werey scatter every where
No be you? Live wire! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by dingbang(m): 5:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Invite robbers to cart away his belongings...
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 6:05am On Apr 25, 2017
chloride6:

I know you are joking. Break down someone's door ke?

You will replace the missing 5 million grin

Even your landlord can't break your door down
The pure gold jewellery I bought in Dubai go follow miss sef if they break down my door grin tongue

Seriously though, such people require 'strong hand' for them to comport themselves

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 6:06am On Apr 25, 2017
repogirl:
No be you? Live wire! cheesy
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Mother Is At War With Me Help!! / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.