Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour (30478 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2017
I had a person like this back in my polytechnic days. As early as 6am, this !diot don begin blast 'kukere' by Iyanya and my area dey get light steady. A fellow tenant talked to him about it, he said no problem, but still continued.
Omo, one day this my other neighbour came back from lectures with this banging headache......few minutes later NEPA returned power, na so this crazy boy begin Im loud music again. My neighbour with the headache went to his room to plead with him to stop or at least turn down the music volume that he is having aches, the noisy neighbour was like ''na u buy system for me? I can use anyhow I please" . Omo, my neighbour with headache head spin 360. He said if he continues with the music, the turn of event won't favour the noisy neighbour and then left. This silly noisy neighbour just hissed and continued playing his loud music.

Omo, na so the guy with headache kick the guy door, stormed in, took his DVD player and flung this shid like feeeeew! Omo, fight wan burst out, na so everybody for lodge storm in wan beat the noisy guy.
Mehn, I was so happy that day. The noisy guy stopped playing music loud from that day.

What I am trying to say is, sometimes you just have to stand and fight. Enough with the 'I no like wahala' talk. Unless you are scared of the guy in particular, nonetheless, you just have to state d up to him.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Hehehehehehe cheesy

As a Madridsta, it is only natural that I strongly hate Barcelona, just as Cules would hate Real. Analysis are opinions and opinions are definitely subjective. grin

Lol, I hope you deal with the noisy neigbour just as we did to Madrid....
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Phunkyposh(f): 8:09am On Apr 25, 2017
You seem to be gentle and avoiding trouble by all means............. Good person grin
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by richyblink1(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2017
chronique:

You are a wicked person to think about this. This is what my former tenant did, that almost scattered my gen and made me frustrate him out. How can humans conceive such a thing?

Lols!! Please what did you do to him to warrant such act from him?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by alameen21: 8:43am On Apr 25, 2017
this opinion am abt to tell u.... is very effective..... nd may be useful to u in the future....
no matter the bad habit he has....
make frnds with him, talk constantly with him, make ur self valuable to him.... probably by having few tins he needs... den talk abt the music with him.... since he knows that the building is nt sound proof let him use earpiece or find some oda alternative because he his disturbing u....
if it didn't work use law
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by chronique(m): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2017
richyblink1:

Lols!! Please what did you do to him to warrant such act from him?

Dude refused to pay for utility bill and I stopped his water briefly. Just came back and saw salt in my gen one night.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes, you're peace loving, but that love for peace will not help you when it begins to affect your health. This is a shared space and if one person can't respect that then sorry, there won't be peace. Personally I can't abide in a noisy environment because it will make me cranky. I can ignore if is intermittent, but when it's consistent then it's a big problem.

You can sacrifice anything for the sake of peace, you say? Then sacrifice your hatred for trouble, for the sake of your peace wink
Dearie, there are so many things running in my head as I read this thread. Funniest things, his has become a consistent thing. I would have prolly ignored if it was intermittent, but no, the guy's love for noise is mind boggling. That hatred part would be difficult, really. You need to see me get angry, it's shameful, to say the least. English would just be leaking, rather than pidgin grin

Frustration has engulfed me to the point that I won't be able to tap from my reserved anger should I choose to.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 8:46am On Apr 25, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Lol, I hope you deal with the noisy neigbour just as we did to Madrid....
Mtcheeeew... Perhaps Like Juventus dealt with you cheesy
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ASAMPETE1: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Pack out of the place and relocate to your village, if you have any.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by bomsilaga(m): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Just go to the ministry of environment. Thank me later
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by holluphemydavid(m): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2017
i hate dat shit enh,public disturbance,i dnt knw wot some nonentity tend to gain from max d volume of their home theater as if other tenant doesn't av
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Dearie, there are so many things running in my head as I read this thread. Funniest things, his has become a consistent thing. I would have prolly ignored if it was intermittent, but no, the guy's love for noise is mind boggling. That hatred part would be difficult, really. You need to see me get angry, it's shameful, to say the least. English would just be leaking, rather than pidgin grin

Frustration has engulfed me to the point that I won't be able to tap from my reserved anger should I choose to.
Well, if all fails, pack, but be remember that there are no perfect neighbours anywhere. smiley

Follow the meeting/landlord option and tell landlord that you won't pay your rent when it is due because you have used the money to combat noise induced illnesses. wink

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2017
alameen21:
this opinion am abt to tell u.... is very effective..... nd may be useful to u in the future....
no matter the bad habit he has....
make frnds with him, talk constantly with him, make ur self valuable to him.... probably by having few tins he needs... den talk abt the music with him.... since he knows that the building is nt sound proof let him use earpiece or find some oda alternative because he his disturbing u....
if it didn't work use law
I thought about this but I don't see it working. Don't get me wrong, we relate as neighbours, which was why I found it easier to approach him at first. The dude seems wild, quite the opposite of me. He invites his friends on weekends while they smoke hemp and drink to no end. Quite frankly, that kind of life isn't my thing. People like that could implicate someone should something go wrong.

Just recently, some neighbours complained about my company's 3G service. I informed the technical team of my network and they came over to my place, did a couple of walk and drive tests, and rectified the issue. I could go extra length for others but not for this one person. Not because of the noise, really, but because of his lifestyle. I'm quite sure I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like him.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Well, if all fails, pack, but be remember that there are no perfect neighbours anywhere. smiley

Follow the meeting/landlord option and tell landlord that you won't pay your rent when it is due because you have used the money to combat noise induced illnesses. wink
I would have embraced the option of moving, you know that, but my rent is not even close being due, not even in six months time.

I guess it would be the landlord option for now. That would determine what I'd do next.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by majalisa(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Unfortunately you are not built for wahala and believe me initial wahala is needed in such a situation before amicable dialogue.. He doesn't have horns at such confront him directly and if he won't heed your pleas give him a federal warning

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

I would have embraced the option of moving, you know that, but my rent is not even close being due, not even in six months time.

I guess it would be the landlord option for now. That would determine what I'd do next.
Sweetheart, you are such a sweet person. Wish more men were like you
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2017
majalisa:
Unfortunately you are not built for wahala and believe me initial wahala is needed in such a situation before amicable dialogue.. He doesn't have horns at such confront him directly and if he won't heed your pleas give him a federal warning
Lol. Esigbo 'federal warning' cheesy
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by majalisa(m): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Lol. Esigbo 'federal warning' cheesy
you dey this planet so? Is been quite sometime o
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Awwnn... Thanks Dearie kiss
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2017
prettyboi1989:

m not stupid but way intelligent than u are. i dont comment without reason, i have seen muslims with such behaviour and evn tonight another muslim was playing fuji songs so fvcking loud in a residential area at 11:00 pm, who d fvck does that? ur type of people i suppose.
u are so quick to shout religious bigot but too damn slow to figure out/ reflect on why this noisy behaviour is found among muslims
Thank God the Op has already refute your claim.
Shame on u
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by papparatzzi2013: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2017
1. Borrow or buy a bada55 sound system.

2. Look for the best time of the night when he is sleeping and snoring happily.

3. Start jamming till daybreak.

4. Just ensure you inform other tenants ahead. They can leave the building for that night alone. You too can go for vigil or sleep over at a friend's place.

He will either get the message or launch a reprisal attack on you. Lol.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2017
majalisa:
Lol! And how do I issue a federal warning? cheesy
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Soyhe(f): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2017
I just love my house its bodly written on d agreement form "DONT USE UR MUSIC TO DISTURB OTHER" i wish all landlord can have this on their agreement form.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by BlackDBagba: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
grin

We love this kind of matters. Go and meet your lawyer. You'll be glad you did.

I had this kind of issue when I lived in a shared compound. I had a private meeting with the other tenants having spoken with the noisy neighbour and he refused to takes heed.

On the said night, they left and I hired speakers and blasted ' flavour- Nwa baby' ALL NIGHT!!!grin and slept with ear plugs.

He came banging at my door. grin

I didnt open and switched my phone off.

That was the end of that nuisance. He did try it a couple of times again and every time I responded with a counterattack the following day.

He stopped and moved out before 1 year.

I guess he met his match.

CuteJude:
we still dey wait oooo
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:

God forbid more men be like him, Imagine how the world would deteriorate into "mumuness".....hehehehehe
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by delighteaners2: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2017
View won slip picture for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays effort.View won slip photo for your Gratification, Light tomorrow with todays affort.

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by afroxyz: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2017
Ishilove:
Hmmmmm, Sanchez01, let all complainers call a meeting and invite the noisy young man. If that doesn't work go enmasse and report him to the landlord, threatening that y'all will quit his house if he doesn't intervene.

If this doesn't work, break his door down, seize his speakers and invite the police.

I kuku trust myself. Na to shey werey scatter every where

Ebelebe. Na so una go dey online dey form voltron when shit hits the fan, una go take off
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by majalisa(m): 11:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! And how do I issue a federal warning? cheesy
give it to him straight without gloves!!
Bang his door with only your boxers on
Don't speak good English but adopt the waffi or ajegunle pidgin English
U:guy wetin dey worry?
Him:are you ok oga?
U:you expect me make I dey OK? Olboy make I tell you something from today I swear with my grandpapa grave if you ever over loud that your tokunbo bother me again na naked me and you go fight (just pull your boxers so he has a glimpse of the contents
Trust me he will conclude you are not sound upstairs
He won't want to provoke a mad man in future
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by eternalcity(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
That's the number 1 issue I have with Lagos. The place is damn too noisy for one that grew up in the North like me.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by uwemjack(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
majalisa:

This one pass madness cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

God forbid more men be like him, Imagine how the world would deteriorate into "mumuness".....hehehehehe
Ode cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't misapprehend gentleness for stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. / My Mother Is At War With Me Help!! / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.