Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,175 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia (10348 Views)

400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention / Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by philipobiz: 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
President Donald Trump has sent a strong message to the Russia Federation over the country’s ban on the “peaceful activities” of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Trump warns Russia to reverse its decision immediately else he would use the country’s own constitution against them.
“You know right that this is contrary to the constitution of the land of the Russia Federation. I request you to reverse the decision immediately before I use your own constitution against you” – Trump warned.
Trump went on to invite all Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia to seek asylum in the United States until their religious rights are reinstated in Russia.
“As this is an infringement of your fundamental human rights, I therefore urge you to seek asylum in the United States until your rights are fully reinstated.” – Trump urged.

Russia’s Supreme Court ruled on April 20, 2017 that the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization should be closed down and no longer allowed to operate legally in Russia, Human Rights Watch said today. The ruling, which affects more than 100,000 Jehovah’s Witness worshippers across Russia, is a serious breach of Russia’s obligations to respect and protect religious freedom.

http://fox-news24.com/trump-warns-russia-over-jehovahs-witnesses-ban-and-urges-members-to-seek-asylum-in-the-us/

3 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Khd95(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
Wetin konsine u oga trump,is it ur banning,busy body,contend ur self with the fading glory of america.

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Angeleena(m): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
God bless trump...

5 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by emeijeh(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
Angeleena:
God bless trump...
I guess you are one of them.

4 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Ekiseme(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
What is his business?
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Angeleena(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
emeijeh:
I guess you are one of them.
not at all..

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by donnie(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Khd95:
Wetin konsine u oga trump, is it ur banning, busy body,contend ur self with the fading glory of america.
grin

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by xendra: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
I'm beginning to love Trump

2 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by emeijeh(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Angeleena:

not at all..
Ok
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Khd95(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
donnie:

grin
dunno why america keep interfering,even when not neccessary

If putin decides to ban any organisation,religous group etc,in accordance with the law of the the land or notmwetin be trump own therecry

2 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by decatalyst(m): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Trump dey look for trouble, I guess.

No body was against you banning Muslims from entering your country and restricting their activities because it your country! Saudi or Palestine didn't blink an eye because of your decision, but condemning Russia for her action is looking for trouble far!

Someone should remind POTUS that there is still what is called self-determinism, as a nation. Russia is not a weak government like Belgium, Spain, and third world countries like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by obaataaokpaewu: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
quoting CNN, "trump has moved from being America First to an interventionist"
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by philipobiz: 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
obaataaokpaewu:
quoting CNN, "trump has moved from being America First to an interventionist"
I think he has a soft spot for them
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by excanny: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ekiseme:
What is his business?

The Jehovah Witness are an American institution/brand sold around the world. Americans are usually passionate about all things American.

2 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by philipobiz: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
excanny:

The Jehovah Witness are an American institution/brand sold around the world. Americans are usually passionate about all things American.

Really? This is interesting
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by tupix(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
Fake news....pls moderator kindly remove.[quote][/quote]
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by HCpaul(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
My fear is just that if war break up naw it will affect innocent souls in Nigeria.

Americans are courageous though.

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by philipobiz: 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
tupix:
Fake news....pls moderator kindly remove.

What's your proof that this is fake news. You think you can just come here and make a false claim. Google the news, its all over the internet

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 25, 2017
It is not quite hard to see why Moscow may have proscribed the Jehovah Witness guys that is if this story is any thing to go by. As a matter of fact,they(Jehovah Witness) have always had a raw deal in that part of the world (whether as Russia or USSR) due to their extremist stance. I remember reading how Josef Stalin dealt heavy-handedly with them,sometimes detaining and deporting them to Siberia because he considered them enemies of the State and dissenters. The Russians are no big fans of the JWs.
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 25, 2017
Meanwhile,Trump should respect the sovereignty of the Russian Federation as guaranteed under international laws,conventions and protocols and steer clear of this trivial issue. As for offering a safe haven to the beleaguered sect(Jehovah Witness) well,nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Elnino4ladies: 2:31am On Apr 25, 2017
Nice one Trump

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by irynterri(f): 3:29am On Apr 25, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Meanwhile,Trump should respect the sovereignty of the Russian Federation as guaranteed under international laws,conventions and protocols and steer clear of this trivial issue. As for offering a safe haven to the beleaguered sect(Jehovah Witness) well,nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
JW was formed by an American

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 25, 2017
jw is the most peacfull group

3 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Amberon: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2017
But the religion of bombing, tears sorrow and blood remains legal.

Throughout history, three has been no case of terrorism perpetuated under the guise of Jehova's witness organization. Putin is sick.

5 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2017
irynterri:
JW was formed by an American
I am well aware of that. But that does not give Trump the right to meddle into the affairs of a sovereign entity-Russia in this case. He should let sleeping dogs...
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Amberon: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2017
You call this a trivial issue? This is no trivial sir. JW, an organization that has never been involved with any form of terrorism is unjustly banned and you call it trivial?

If Trump banned Islam in the US, you will be among the people who will call for his head but you cannot condemn what is wrong. Islam that has been responsible for 99.9% of world global terrorism in the last 10 years is the legal.
mansakhalifa:

5 Likes

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by jericco1(m): 6:55am On Apr 25, 2017
It doesn't concern him.
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2017
My apologies if you found the word "trivial" a bit too extreme or offensive but then this issue to me is nothing big enough for the US to be expending its energy or getting in to a feud with Russia over. There is still Crimea at the corner and one more crisis could further heat up things. We wouldn't want that now,would we?
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2017
You think I am a muslim or what?
Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by irynterri(f): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2017
mansakhalifa:
I am well aware of that. But that does not give Trump the right to meddle into the affairs of a sovereign entity-Russia in this case. He should let sleeping dogs...
the thing tire me ooo,that's their biz sha, they don't play with anything American

1 Like

Re: See What Donald Trump Said About The Ban Of Jehovah’s Witnesses In Russia by annunaki2(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Banning of jehovah witness just doesn't make sense when a terrorist religion like Islam remains unbanned. It's Islam that should be banned in all civilised countries all over the world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sinners Will Cry 'had I Known' / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Pre-birth Memories - Life Before Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.