Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) (1284 Views)

Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? / Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by ibikunle20: 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2007
There was so much hype about it. I finally saw it. I thought it was excellent but is it the best ever to come out of naja? react
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by kellorah: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2007
hm, hvnt seen it
who's in it?
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by watever(f): 12:37am On Jan 28, 2007
i'l really like to see it. . ve heard too much bout it already
it has a website. .here's d link http://www.theamazinggracefilm.com/agf/en/crew.html
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by kellorah: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2007
impressive!!
i didnt read d synopsis, but from what i saw, i think it's good
besides, they wouldn't just design a webiste if it was crap, or would they? tongue
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
They would. Website design is less expensive than producing even a crappy movie. wink
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by Raymand(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2007
Seeing black people in chains makes me angry,sad,sick. . .
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by cyberangel(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2007
that d
Raymand:

Seeing black people in chains makes me angry,sad,sick. . .

we must not deny the fact that it happened,however, we must learn to look beyond that and let it foster feelings of love and solidarity amongst us
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by Seun(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2007
Digging up the dirty aspects of history cannot foster any positive feelings. It can only make us angry. If I was making a historical movie, I would totally exclude the chains and minimize the slavery aspect.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by cyberangel(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2007
you document history so that people will know [b]exactly [/b]what happened in the past and how it happened. in doing so we learn the mistakes of past and try to avoid them in the present. it was obvious that slavery worked better because some of us connived with the white man. sadly some are still doing it today.

even though we think we are free we are still in chains; economic slavery, mental slavery, neo--colonial imperialism.

let's get angry and say no to all forms of slavery, never again shall we collude with the white man to underdevelop our people. that's the attitude.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by Seun(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2007
A movies are not the ideal way to document history. That's what textbooks are for.

The purpose of a movie is to take people through an emotional ride that makes them feel really good by the end.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by ibikunle20: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2007
@ seun

that's interesting. so the only way you know how to document history is via a textbook

if its just to make people feel good at the end i guess there will be no tragedies

if you feel anger that means you had an emotional ride
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by TerraCotta(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2007
I thought there was another thread about this movie. I wanted to like it, but in short--it's an atrocious attempt to remake "Roots" in Nigeria. Much of the plot doesn't make sense, and most of the acting is terrible--Fred Amata and Nick Moran (the two leading actors) were not convincing, for the most part. I generally cut Nigerian movies a lot of slack--I don't expect Spielberg-style special effects or Stanley Kubrick-style emotion, but this was average, even for the Nollywood market.

It was a 4/10 for me.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by HORAK(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2007
Amazing Grace was all hype,35mm,white B-British actors and more hype.it wasn't anything spectacular.
Izu oJukwu AMBO's movie-SITANDA is quite more better in both concepts and technical term.
its far more better than Amazing even though it wqas shot digutally.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by Seun(m): 12:58am On Mar 17, 2007
Here's another 'Amazing Grace' movie: http://imdb.com/title/tt0454776/ also about the hymn.
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by redish: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2007
really ,are this two movies out?can one get it in the u.k or is it only in naija?who were the acts in them?hope im not asking too many qs.

(1) (Reply)

The Great Gasby. / Who Wins Gulder Ultimate Search Tonight? (Pictures) / How Many Of Us Remember This Great Giant Of Our Time (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.