Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) (945 Views)

Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? / Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by ibikunle20: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2007
There was so much hype about it. I finally saw it. I thought it was excellent but is it the best ever to come out of naja? react
Re: The Best Movie Ever In Nigeria (amazing Grace?) by TerraCotta(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2007
I wouldn't call it excellent, sadly. I'm not even sure it qualifies as generically good. There are some awful performances and a lot of 'borrowed' material from earlier films/TV shows on slavery like "Roots". I thought this movie was a big disappointment after all the publicity that the Amatas got and the hype about it being on film instead of video. It certainly looks much better than the average Naija video, but it wasn't as good as your average Tunde Kelani or even Emem Isong etc. movies. Fred Amata's acting was unconvincing, and that British actor Nick Moran was equally bad for most of the movie. Annoying little quirks like 17th-century Cross Riverians with permed hair will distract you from the movie, along with ludicrous little plot twists (i.e. it turns slavery into some sort of international work exchange program at some point). It was not worth the time or hype at all for me.

(1) (Reply)

R U Hooked On Prison Break? / Luke Jermay - Synchronicity / From Mexico, The Bahamas To Jamaica: Nollywood Is Rebranding Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.