Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State (32610 Views)

Oluwo Tells Osun Obas They Can't Suspend Him / Lady Slumped On Seeing Emir Sunusi (Photos) / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by FriendNG: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Kano state Government may place the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II on suspension to give way for “proper investigation” of the emirate council’s finances, Blueprint learnt at the weekend.

The idea of the suspension was said to be muted by some highly-placed politicians and elders from within and outside the state who have the ears of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje. Blueprint had last week reported that some prominent northern leaders were putting pressure for Ganduje to depose the monarch following the latter’s recent outburst.

An agency of the state government, Kano state Public Complaints and Anticorruption Commission has, last week, commenced investigation of the emirate’s finances following allegations that over N4 billion was blown from the accounts of the emirate council within Sanusi’s three-year reign. Both the commission and the emirate council confirmed to Blueprint yesterday that the investigation was underway.

“There is legal advice before the governor that going by extant rules, and for unhindered access to information, key officials, including the emir must be suspended to allow for diligent investigation,” a source at the Kano Government House told our correspondent. Speaking to our reporter by phone, Walin Kano and the council’s finance controller, Alhaji Mahe Bashir Wali, confirmed kick- starting of the probe, saying, however, that the council had no further information regarding the investigation. “It is true. The commission has written to us demanding for the treasurer and the council’s secretary to appear before it. We don’t have any other details apart from the rumours making rounds”. Wali, however, debunk suggestions of embezzlement of the emirate’s finances. “To the best of my knowledge, I believe, there is no misappropriation of funds. But we will wait to see what they are digging,” he said.

Blueprint gathered that the probe followed a petition written to the commission after an online newspaper, Daily Nigerian, had published details of transactions on the emirate’s bank accounts, alleging that the emir had frittered away over N4bn he met in the accounts to finance a flamboyant lifestyle. The publication, which quoted copiously from transactions on the council’s accounts, alleged that most of the money was used to pay for luxury cars, chattered flights, internet and phone bills, among others. The state’s anti-graft commission, according to sources in government, had requested for permission of the state governor to investigate the petition due to the sensitive nature of the case.

“The governor did not hesitate in giving his nod for the investigation. You know some are expressing reservations because of likely political implications of the step but the governor said he would not hinder the commission from doing its work. He has done it in the past by having people close to him probed and prosecuted”. A senior staff of the commission informed Blueprint that the agency may, in line of its tradition, explore its working relation with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) after preliminary investigation.

“If we see any prima facie case, we will refer the matter to EFCC so that we can have more thorough and dispassionate work and to also ease ourselves likely pressure and interference which is already mounting,” he said. The Walin Kano, however, declined to comment on the alleged plan to suspend the emir and some officials, saying “I cannot pre-empt what is not before us. We will just wait. I have nothing to say on that.”

http://www.blueprint.ng/kano-govt-may-suspend-sanusi/

3 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by FriendNG: 8:23am On Apr 25, 2017
It will be a best decision in the interest of investigation.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 25, 2017
All these just because someone raise his voice against the ills in the north and their religion . Nawa o

364 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Derawiz(m): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Pathetic Vengeful, paedophilic elders of the North, these are just plots to hit back at the Emir just because he is enlightening the north on the importance of girl child education,they just can't think about losing the opportunity to hump on those 9yrs old

281 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Hemanwel(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
What annoys me about this issue at hand is that, directly or indirectly, the South South money is what is being embezzled here. Yes. Oil money...
And the FG govt would not investigate it cos a northern elite is involved.
They own the country.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by zainabxel(f): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
lol
The Islamic Revolution of Iran comes to mind.
LoveJesus87:
Iranian revolution? Gist me about it wink
Widespread uprising in 1978, 79 in which Islamic fundamentalists and their supporters overthrew Muhammad Reza Shah Pahlavi of Iran. The Revolutionaries led by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni dismantled the Shah's secular monarchy and established the Islamic Republic of Iran

11 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by MrcuteOscar: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
All this happens in Nigeria..
Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by seyigiggle: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
truth hurts

8 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by LordAdam16: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
The North does not disappoint.

But:

Long Live the Emir!

The movement has started and Sanusi is continuing from where Bayero stopped. The Kano Emirate is not the Sokoto Caliphate. It has been the most liberal emirate since the Fodio Jihad and will remain so.

-Lord

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by wizzlyd(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
grin
Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by blaise00700(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
If education is expensive try the North.

20 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by kolafolabi(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
You speak the truth, you die; you do not speak the truth, you die. AJE KUN IYA NIO JE 2x ENI TI O TO NI NA TO N DE NA DE NI AJE KU IYA NI O JE.....In Sen. DIno Melaye's voice

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by osumak2: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by hucienda: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
ehya ... the OP is all out on his beloved emir.

Emir for close mouth - naija style - rada dan say d fact as it is and criticize ur broda. Now dem don dey open your file ... grin

The country is funny. Watching how this latest drama will end.

'The more you look, the less you see': 2015 - 2019.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by NOC1(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
what was his sin? say the truth in Nigeria and die, this country is sick

FriendNG:
It will be a best decision in the interest of investigation.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by eleojo23: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
The Northern DSS are coming for Sanusi as expected.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by rozayx5(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
lol

the almajiri lords have started fighting back

all this because he was telling them the bitter truth undecided

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by WhistleB(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Una just wan unleash almajiri on Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by gurunlocker: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
I already have the feelings that ever since this man started speaking truth about north and their religion effect, they will come for him in one way.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by waterhouse071(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Tolerance is not in these people's dictionary. They couldn't even tolerate an obvious truth. I now know why Nigeria is not moving forward.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by EFGH: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Saraki talk, them send efcc after him...

Dino talk, them send sharia reporters after him...

Apostle Suleiman talk, them send that ugly ototo abi na otobo prostitute after him...

Dan Fulani talk, them sack him from his lecturing job...

Sanusi talk, them want dethrone him...

Punch Report talk, them pursue him from Aso rock...

Now make I talk...

May God Pun.ish that vegetable Bu.ha.ri and any person when still the support this corrupt government.

Them fit come catch me for me Se.un room sha.

NB:
I am not a fan of SLS, but can any sensible person point any thing bad in what he said?

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by SweetJoystick(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Make una suspend am nau, he ought to be on the throne if investigations are underway.....

1 Like

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
All because they hate the truth. The north will forever remain backward cum a poverty-ridden region in the country unless they embrace the bitter truth.

Imagine the richest man in Africa is from there and yet nothing to show for it.

This foolish elders have caged the mind of their people with religion to the extent that they can't think for themselves until their elders and religious leaders talk. This is what Sanusi is trying to free them off and here corruption is fighting back.

But I know that truth will always triumph ovrr falsehood.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Sinmi53(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
well....i knew something like dis wud happen......all d northern elites hate dis guy because of his liberal and modernist views.......i hope he overcomes all his distractors and triumph over all dose wu dont want him to succed

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by DaVinChiSam(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
Oh boy
Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Lilaex: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
Fhhs
Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by shankara7: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
Northerners sef. I tire for una backwardness.

11 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Brownville007: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by legendte(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
I knew it would come to this. His recent attack on his people is hunting him now. I love him for his crudeness and boldness.

8 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
Nigerians sorry, democracy is officially dead. speak against the government and face harassment. the kunu drinking clown has finished us

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by Goahead(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2017
Spent 3 billion under 3 years shocked while in the land of plenty (CBN) he squandered $20 billion. It's okay

4 Likes

Re: Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State by newbornmacho(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2017
Derawiz:
Pathetic Vengeful, paedophilic elders of the North, these are just plots to hit back at the Emir just because he is enlightening the north on the importance of girl child education,they just can't think about losing the opportunity to hump on those 9yrs old
My brother , na waa oo, what is the solution to this our northern problem? One just gets exhausted with this people's wahala.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danladi Gyet Maude Kidnapped: Kpop Ham Abducted In Nasarawa / Princess Fulani Siddika Sanusi's Maternity Photo / Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.